1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Re: Osaisen or what have you.

Congratulations. With a single post, you have managed to offend and alienate a large number of the forum members.

.... You aren't Seadart, are you?

2. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Re: Osaisen or what have you.

To be fair, that isn't saying much on a forum this size. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Re: Osaisen, the return of Donations.

Indeed there is. Go to your profile page, go to Modify Profile, click the Buddies/Ignore list, have at.

4. ward201

ward201 he/him

Te lo agradezco
    i looked but ...

do you know if it effects email notification?

thanks again

5. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

The ignore list? Fraid not, sorry.

6. ward201

ward201 he/him

ah well such is life
    most only necro once or once or twice

7. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Re: Osaisen, the bridesmaid of Donations.

[img width=600 height=450]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6445/8qew.jpg[/img]

And here we go again.

Once more, I've made it to this point of the month with absolutely no takers on the employing-me or even really returning my calls front, and apparently there isn't even anyone who wants to pay someone else to mow their lawn or walk their dog or what have you, so in the words of some famous dude or other that was clearly not famous enough for me to remember his actual name, situation has not improved.

So here I am again. No money inflow, but with bills that still need paying. So, let's get the whole funding wheel rolling again. I am in need of, once more, $500 to pay the bills.

As before, I will be willing to write original fiction short stories, just to be sure I'm not setting my ass between a rock and someone's hard place or anything. You give me a prompt, I write the words. No problem.

But I am not limited to just short stories. Other reasonable requests are also available: background fluff for fairy kingdoms, padding out the history and backstory of your one of a kind genius special snowflake RPG character, I will basically write stuff to suit your needs. In addition, while I am far from the most practiced artist around, I have paper and stuff around here and so I would be more than happy to sketch doodles of things. And then since I am not in possession of a scanner, to instead take terrible digital photographs of those doodles and put them online for your snickering and childish amusement.

Alternatively, try to doodle the prompt of your choice in the Paint program, but in fair warning quality is equally not guaranteed through those avenues, and can in fact be all but guaranteed to be unequivocally worse, though you won't have to deal with it being a grainy and poorly focused photograph that I would venture to say will probably look like I was impossibly drunk at the time of taking it.

It's a choose-your-poison scenario, mostly. Choose your preferred flavor of terrible, and all of that.

In any case, if it comes down to it I am more than willing to accept charitable donations given from the absolute depths of your human blood-mobilizing flesh-organ, for nothing in exchange.

8. Mignonette

Mignonette Not too sore, are you?

If ya can wait till next friday I can donate some money.

9. Chibi-Reaper

End of the month, and stuff is on the first.

So just a helpful bumping reminder that I am available for stuff.

Probably going to re-write this post again better when I stop with the head-aching. But until then, everything relevant is still further up.

10. Chibi-Reaper

Re: Osaisen, the Revised Trilogy.

[img width=480 height=600]http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1407/uufa.jpg[/img]

As I said before, headache gone, post rewriting. Only exhausted now, which is something resembling better.

But this particular verse is still the same as the first, more or less. Job search is going about as many places as a blind and paraplegic hamster on one of those little revolving wheels: nowhere, but very quickly. In addition, a whole lot of Life hitting from unexpected angles.

So here's your friendly reminder that I am available for special requests, said the scarlet woman to the elderly but pleasant gentleman who only comes in once every other week to make tea and putter around the room dusting things, and then play a board game on the bedside table and this joke seems to have died in its birth which is no laughing matter, I can tell you indeed.

But I will write things for your money, though as before mentioned only legal things. Not looking to profit from other copyrights, so it's probably going to be original fiction short stories, or actually quite thickly and concealingly disguised parody of some kind.

In addition, I can write pictures. Or draw them, rather, if that sort of a thing takes your fancy. I venture no promises as to quality, as it has been some time indeed since I did more than casually doodle things in the margin of notebooks, so you'll have to keep that in mind.

Well, that aside, I'll still accept just free monetary donations. And that seems to cover all the bases, see the intro post for paypal stuffs.

11. Chibi-Reaper

So, it's slightly earlier in the month than-

Oh god.

Oh wow, this is terrible. It looked acceptable in graphite lines, but inking over for the scanner is just....

Ugh.

Crap on a stick, look at those pixels. Just look at them. Jesus.

Okay, but it's fixable. Let's add COLOR. Surely adding COLOR will make everything bett- everything is worse.

Well. Maybe I can touch up just the worst bits. Let's see.

[img width=600 height=484]http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4158/dprt.jpg[/img]

..... Nope. I still want to vomit. It was better in black and white, probably.

But maybe some of you disagree. By which I mean that I'm leading up to saying that I am still wide open for commissions of the sort of terrible art you can see demonstrated above. I can always use the money, and if it comes down to it, it gives me an excuse to wallow in a pit of self-loathing and aesthetic disgust.

Or... you know, practice and improve, or whatever.

Also, I'm still also open for compensated writing, though once again, I prefer to remain confident that I'm on the right side of big dudes with tasers, so it's pretty much all original fiction or protected parodies, people. But hey, throw it at me.

Mind, if you just feel like slapping me in the face with money, I'm sure the papercuts won't sting too badly. If you know what I mean. I hope you do, because I think I lost that metaphor somewhere.

12. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=435 height=600]http://imageshack.us/a/img854/2853/2pl3.png[/img]

[img width=421 height=600]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9834/i6e7.png[/img]

Putzing about and experimenting with the scanner. Not really pleased with how colored pencils work out, but it seems like I might not be able to get it to something satisfactory until I smash my brain against digital art long enough to start figuring out what the hell I'm doing.

But anyway, progress is being made.

..... I should have drawn eyes instead of the squinty whatsit. And what the hell, gravity, why are you only working on the furthest end of things?

13. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=464]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/508/ak64.jpg[/img]

Step One Sketch. You'll notice there's a BUNCH of extra lines and squiggles there and reflected graphite cloud and /junk/. Might be tricky to see things.

But that's the basic start.

Also, this excuses bumping this thread because the calendar is a cruel mistress of due dates.

14. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=464]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2160/7gzc.jpg[/img]

Second sketch.

It's about here, with more details inserted and the right lines hardened up a little, that some of the big goofs become clearly visible and I just start wanting to BURN IT.

But re-doing things from a blank sheet seems almost more painful.

15. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=464]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8996/w0rz.jpg[/img]

Here is where I painstakingly ink over most of the original sketch, then retrace all the bits I want to keep, get ready to redraw Zuko's entire face....

And then ignore all that to fuck around in paint for a bit.

It looks like the big issues, where I haven't blacked lines up, are that one eye, pupils, lips, and it looks like just moving the nose and mouth a bit with subtle alterations makes that... not good, but better. Might need more position shifting on those.

It's at this point I look at a lot of pictures and drawings of lips and eyes to decide how I want to go with that. A big problem is graphite clouding, and that would be solved easily by turning it black and white you would think, but that leaves you in fact with a starry night sky.

16. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=464]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3536/m07d.jpg[/img]

And now I stop screwing around with paint and go back to actually redraw the face again. Narrow it, adjust the jawline and chin to be a little more masculine, general feature rearrangement so his face looks as correct as it can given over a third was horribly melted into a mass of flesh at one point.

Got rid of pupils for now, will worry about them later, going a different and markedly less terrible route for azula's lips and lipstick ugh, makeup is annoying, and.... okay that might need more nudging.

.... But I didn't move that ear, and now with a more narrow face, that looks weird. Ugh, zuko, stop being terrible art. Though I do like how the 'OW THE FUCK' expression works.

Toyed with the eyebrows, looking good for azula, /not/ so good on zuko, that's going to have to be redone again.

But progression. And it gives me an excuse to bump this again.

17. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=464]http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9023/5avb.jpg[/img]

Okay, changed zuko's brow back to ultra-thick from 'what the fuck is this slop'. I'm deciding at this point that his hair is terrible, but the thought of redrawing all of that at this point makes me cringe. Have concluded to leave the ear as-is, the shining beacon of major error looming up over the countryside with a withering and disgusted visage like the eye of sauron gazing down directly on a pants-shat hobbit and I'm not sure where I'm going with this allegory.

His ear is supposed to be prominent anyway, but...

... In any case, I think this would be called the final draft, not because I'm satisfied with it but because if I continue stewing in a pit of artistic self-loathing then we're seriously never going to pass this stage by.

Next up: adding color.

Which means we have completely bypassed my fields of practical experience, and so with mspaint at the ready, we are venturing into territories untrod.

Brace for dragons.

18. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

So, I see it's Azula whose the older sister here. ^_^

19. Chibi-Reaper

.... It's magic. The magic of perspective! Which is ruined. Zuko got the stunty and diminutive babyface genes while she sprouted up like a weed?

Yes, she seems to have ended up much bigger. I am somehow only now noticing this. Urgh.

20. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Hohoho, and yuletide greetings to all of you purveyors of holiday cheer.

Three guesses who still hasn't managed to get themselves a job. You would think leading up to the season people would be in more of a hurry to get new hires than less, but there you go.

Nevertheless, my loss is your gain! In that the opportunity exists for you to gain words and pictures at your preference, while I gain dollars. Merry christmas.

With due consultation, it seems like the magic number for this month is 'probably 300'. That's in dollars, unfortunately, and not pesos or yen, else I'd be much more pleased to relate this. More than this, of course, means extra moneys beyond the bills for tasties to nom and anything else that comes up.

But enough on my part. In case anyone has forgotten, or hasn't been paying attention, I will write short original fiction at the direction of donors, using the themes they request. Or if words aren't your bag, I also make with the drawrings, though I can safely say that I am still super out of practice and am far and away not the best artist on this site.

This aside, if the wintertime bone-chilling frost on the air has left you possessed by the harmonious spirit of giving, you have my condolences and I would seek out a reliable exorcist post-haste, but I will in fact continue to accept money with no special requests attached to it, if that's your thing.

21. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=533 height=600]http://imageshack.us/a/img706/5959/k1le.png[/img]

Stealthily bumping with a shitty doodle that needs complete redrawing from scratch! It's no good. Nope, no good at all. But it's something to work with.

Any case, people might recognize the scene. Or not. I just couldn't help but skritch it out.

22. Chibi-Reaper

So, we'll begin with the most terrible of the parts, since holy crap, those legs and that glove. The fuck was I doing.

[img width=600 height=488]http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7093/99xc.png[/img]

The face stays with the same, or a similar expression, since that's what I'm going for. There's a lot of reworking to be done, though. The little pinpricks in the eyes are roughly where pupils should end up being, though that comes later. I want them focused the right way, and not rolling in different directions or anything retarded like that.

23. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=598 height=600]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1091/b831.png[/img]

A few further details, and this is starting to look decidedly Not Shitty.

Let's see how that trend continues.

24. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=437 height=600]http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7456/hbd8.png[/img]

Spoilers!

Not fucking long. Erasing occurs. Bargl. Time to stop and take a few minutes to decide how to attach the top to the bottom again. There's going to be erasing again, obviously, but where and how....

25. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=330 height=600]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/365/4yyn.jpg[/img]

And at this point, I realize that crappy as those sleeves are, it's probably not getting better unless I redraw from scratch. Again.

I now proceed to knock my head against the desk a few times, simmering in disgust. Let's see if there's any way for me to unfuck it with shading or coloring, maybe...

26. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Try adding some creases around the elbows.

27. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=336 height=600]http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/636/kppm.jpg[/img]

Welp. That looks terrible, that it does. Part of it has to come from, thirty seconds in, uncertainly realizing 'wait, when did I last shade anything? Maybe.... never?' and going from there.

Ugh, that sock. Doesn't mesh at all, but I shouldn't have graphite shaded the ink line drawing to begins with. I should have made two copies to fuck around with. Oh well. Let's see how I can botch coloring it!

28. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

I'd advise adding a smoother curve to the mouth, re balancing the two arms, and adding a tad more definition to the torso.

Now let me go looking into actually getting a credit card and all those internet capable methods of money transfer.

29. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=465 height=600]http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7923/x7cd.jpg[/img]

And...

.... this is different from when I scanned it. Not significantly, but the colors and stuff have measurably warped. Woo.

Well, I can't say that I was perfectly pleased with it on scanning,either. But there you go. At the very least, measurably less shitty than the initial doodle of that little pottymouth. Big does seem to work better, more margin for error?

30. Chibi-Reaper

Not in the mood to drawering just at the moment, but a sneak peek at something, or most of something, I'll be doodling for something else! Super precise preview.

[img width=600 height=480]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2283/m773.png[/img]

A billion hours in MSpaint, everyone.