1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Chibi, when I saw this drawing, I thought you were giving me a blank sheet, but I rolled the screen up and down and saw someone. Maybe make the background different with the lines? Like contrasting colors and all?

2. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

[img width=582 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/exnv2icpr/Pencil.png[/img]

Finally drew the damn hat!

It only took me a million years. Anyway, for those of us who's monitors don't like pencil scratches, I'm slapping some less than professional paint lines up over this, I'll get that up as soon as possible.

Sidenote! Image host wouldn't let me do shit for a big chunk of today, kept getting server connection failure errors. It's, well, not as related to delays in hat scribbling as I wish it was, the big factor there was 'Hey genius, is there anything you're forgetting to do that needs done?', but I can pretend it played some role.

Different note, I'm not one hundred percent what kind of a beret that looks like, if any! Maybe an old and worn out one. Which, actually, I wanted the hat to look kind of old and dingy in the first place, so I guess that's some level of success?

3. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=582 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/6gocrl80v/lines.jpg[/img]

I don't feel like going over everything with ink pen yet, though I'm going to probably have to soonish.

Instead I go over everything in paint. The curve tool is your friend. Though, a friend that needs a lot of precision I don't bother with on this, otherwise as you can see the individual curves don't always quite match up to where you want them to be.

But since graphite sketching is all shades of grey, this should make it much easier to see more or less what's there.

4. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=577 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/e7n5qjzkv/EYES.png[/img]

Still well behind and getting nervous with the approach of the end of the month!

And also, inked up the sketch.

You can see a few little last minute variations and details. Adjustment to the hat creases, a little ridging for the forehead button, some extra definition. 'Eyelids' and 'Eyelashes'.

Also I went completely batshit crazy at some point and fucked up Ruby's actual eyes.

I still don't know why, or why I thought it was a good idea. I guess I might have been going for a more anime watery-eye effect, but it still sends pangs of wrongness like icy daggers into my spine.

We'll.... we'll see if I can salvage something from that, or if I have to back way up. Actually looking at it, I'm starting to notice that the curve tool is giving me much neater and less ragged and blotchy lines than drawing over it with a pen. Though that comes with the problem of making sure there are exact pixel connections where the lines end, or that looks like shit...

Well, difficulties all around.

5. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Yeah... it's that time of the month again, where I pull the lint out of my pockets and get super uncomfortable about how things have progressed. Now, I've got some things I'm looking into, of course, but they range from maybe good to potentially bad and varying uncertain flavors in between, but really, it's not news.

Just at the moment I'm not in a state to kick a picture into pretending to look prettier, so y'all are going to have to wait on that one. For the time being, going by Stuff and hopeful fingers-crossed guessing based on it, I'm looking again for a total of $250.

As ever, I'm down to write you guys original fiction at your specifications, and scritch out doodles of things you want to see me horribly mangle draw for you.

6. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=376 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/485rinpi7/Ruby1.png[/img]

Alrighty. Combination of feeling better and not being so completely exhausted, I look at the Ruby face and decide, you know, I really don't want to color that.

So instead I give you with ultrasimplified face. I'll be working on more of this later.

.... it looked much better pre-scanning, but I still think it looks better now than the more elaborate shot at it from before.

7. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=282 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/o0uwenjz3/ruby2.png[/img]

Lines are all super ragged, just all kinds of little blotches and stuff I don't see at all when inking. I'm thinking I might just have to draw stuff all out, then go and re-do it all again with a uniform curve tool or something to fix any blotchiness.

That said, making some clothing decisions.

8. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=303 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/jy4sibnq7/Ruby3.png[/img]

I have discovered a simple three step procedure for drawing hands.

1. Draw a hand.
    2. Scream, cry, and/or vomit uncontrollably.
    3. Return to 1.

God, I swear I used to be able to draw those, what happened. At some point I guess I'll just block out a week or two and go nuts drawing ten billion different hands until they look somewhat reasonable again, for now it just looks like the crappiest of steam piles. That whole arm looks bad. I'm going to have to fix that somehow.

The other one, I just looked at the first and, you know what, Ruby's holding it behind herself.

9. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Or you could draw her with both of her hands crossed behind her back. That work too and match Ruby overinflated sense of pride.

10. Chibi-Reaper

And I'm back here again.

Been a headache of a month, with highlights like 'X just died', 'Oh and now Y is in the hospital', and (implications that Z's condition is worsening). Lots of fun moments.

Less unexpectedly, my constant hunt for income has again proven fruitless, and the end of the month is drawing close. Which means after some checking on things that I am again looking for $250.

As always, I'm open for requests on short original fiction, pure charitable donations, and if you want me to doodle something in specific for you then that's on the table as well, though I've given clear evidence through this very thread that at this point drawing things is no longer anything resembling my strong suit.

I'll resume bumping with 'art' either when I find out where I left that Ruby caricature I was scratching details into, or when I stop looking for that and just draw something completely different.

11. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

I requests short comedy oneshot of Witch Quest's Mami and Kyouko meeting and awkwardness of the old love interest meeting the new one.

Failing that a new chapter of any of your Ranma fics. Or even a new one.

Also wheres does I send the moneys?

12. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

He CANNOT.

Remember disclaimers that usually go first, claiming you don't make money from properties not yours by writing fanfics? Chibi would violate that rule if he accepted your request. There ARE morons like Seadart obsessed enough that would just LOVE to have something to have Chibi put in jail.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  13. Chibi-Reaper

Ah, yeah.

I'm very sorry, but I'm still going to have to limit this to purely original fiction, just for my own peace of mind.

14. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=268]http://s25.postimg.org/72eitmfz3/Equipsage.png[/img]

Well, even if I can't draw hands, I'm at least okayish at drawing things. The grenade is kind of terrible, though. And the personal armor, is, uh....

Well, anyway, some of this equipment should be familiar to some of you.

15. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=315]http://s25.postimg.org/40sbxes7z/Queen1.png[/img]

Working on developing tank queen characteristics before mechanics.

I'm thinking a targeting coordinate and ballistic arc input visor, long range surface to surface missiles, and a reliance on spotters to give the target for an artillery strike. More close range, a pneumatic masher type of power fist, or tesla claw, something. Haven't decided on that.

Basic hairstyle and color is brown, put up in a bun with one of those fancy knitting needle things.

16. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=484]http://s25.postimg.org/hiz89p4db/Queen2.png[/img]

Hm. Not sure how the breasts come off. They look okay, but they don't seem quiiiite..... hm. Might need tweaking.

Still need to work out details in the name, designation, mechanics sense. Personality, I'm thinking... don't have much. Beyond, yeah, 'Blowing stuff up and loving it'.

17. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=463]http://s25.postimg.org/xihvt90f3/Scan10064.png[/img]

And an update to the page of doodled equipment.

18. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=551]http://s25.postimg.org/czmzo6mhr/queen3.png[/img]

As a frame of reference, I spent longer flailing impotently at the little hand than I did with every other image tweak here put together.

For now, it'll stay like that, until I've decided to either put techno-nonsense in instead of fingers, or draw another four dozen hands until I get something I like. The thumb is okay, so that stays.

There might, and probably will, be significant alterations to the big ol' pneumatic power fist.

19. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=578]http://s25.postimg.org/ypvtlgqjj/queen4.png[/img]

Yeah, went with technonsense. Thumb came out well, though.

Minor tweaks to the giganto-hand.

Working on a production bio...

20. Master of Squirrel-fu

But like don't artists at cons get commissioned to fanarts from manga and such? Also Doujinshi, I remember it being said that Anime/Mangaka are pretty cool with that stuff since they tended to start there.

Still better safe than sorry, Sorry chibi...

:-[

21. Chibi-Reaper

Yeah. It's like, I don't really think the actual anime and manga copyright holders would care, or anything... but on the other hand, I don't feel like playing around and finding out if lawyers hold the same opinion when I'm not myself one hundred percent clear and personally confident about it. On the plus side, I'm still completely open for drawings and original fictions.

Speaking of, getting antsy with the calendar and I'm still looking for $250 in total, and same as ever the paypal address is 'chibi_reaper@hotmail.com'

Meanwhile, thinking through TankQueens stuff, and while I like Blakely... she's not really working out for even mental theory testing. Based entirely around a fog of war that is just too much of a hassle to do manually... she'd be great for a videogame, but as-is, she either needs major tweaks or to be stuck on a list of forbidden options.

Instead, I'm directing more of my attention to designing something that I can actually test out.

[img width=600 height=464]http://s25.postimg.org/rgeugi1cv/Juggling_Act.png[/img]

I haven't designed her much yet, but I can show off a quick scratch-out of her primary weapon: the Juggling Act.

22. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=463]http://s25.postimg.org/b6oodlqov/juggle2.png[/img]

And some tweaks, mainly to the handles. I need to decide on a chain for the saw bits...

23. Master of Squirrel-fu

Perhaps you can take regular donations if people like your stuff, and regularly do fanfic things. Legally it's okay since the supreme court okay'd ingratiation.

24. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=574 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/dkke9u99b/Clowning_Queen.png[/img]

More scribbles. I think she can equip pistols. Hrrrrm.

Glancing at coding how-tos and jesus it looks complicated. My brain meats, ow.

25. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=519 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/564rlr87z/clownqueen2.png[/img]

Decided on a sort of jester skullcap.

Drawing imagery kind of from miss Quinzel, but not entirely, heh.

26. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=528 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/p2aec5kyn/clownqueen3.png[/img]

Finished the chain, tweaked one of the tassels, skritched out arm position.

27. Chibi-Reaper

Update on things, up to 70/250.

Haven't been able to scratch out doodlings to bump with, so I figured I'd focus first on a bio.

It's surprisingly tricky to do when your brain takes the words 'Chainsaw Clown' and figures that's sufficient info. I mean, it's a beautiful summary, after all.

Still, let's see what I've got after failing to write it for way too long.

28. Chibi-Reaper

Someone requested more Billy, but no matter how I threw my brain against the wall to inspect the pattern of splat, it doesn't seem like going forward further is working. I type a few words, realize 'that's not going to work', and back up again.

What came out much better when I decided to give up and take a different tack with it was a slight prequel, so hopefully that's as good?

29. Chibi-Reaper

It's that time of the month again, when a sense of overwhelming and pervasive dread settles down just behind and above you. Watching. Waiting.

In any case, nothing shiny to bump this thread with right now, and I'm realizing that since it's July next month since I vaguely keep in mind birthday-ish times, and I remember mentioning summer birthday in here once before...

Aaand moving right along as I try not to think about that, beyond being once again one year closer to an inevitable death, I'm again putting my hat out, looking to take in about $250.

I'll start doing something interesting to bump the thread with in the morning times.

Probably draw Konatsu. I've noted a criminal lack of Konatsu art on the internet, particularly since I recently got impetus to look. Most of the good Konatsu art is direct scans from the manga.

30. Chibi-Reaper

Alright, I'm clear money-wise, right at set goal, and I'd like to take a moment to say that I greatly appreciate everyone.

That said, I'm a little delayed on drawing anything what with sudden onsets of 'feeling-like-shit' and the writing-fairy shoving ideas in my face and bellowing for me to type them, now, with breath that smells of old coffee and anguish. I still intend to draw Konatsu, though. Criminal lack of Konatsu artwork. Just have to decide on outfits and such before I actually start scratching lines.