1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sensing Marvels: QQ Version (A Marvel Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by TheDivineDemon, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TheDivineDemon

TheDivineDemon Know what you're doing yet?

Extended vote closed

Martial arts is tied again, don't feel like dropping anyone's vote so what I'm going to do is make her a Krav Maga black belt who is a big fan of Bruce Lee and his philosophies/methods, to the point she has incorporated them into her style and wants her next martial art of choice to be a Wing Chun school trying to perfect JKD.

Is that alright with people?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    R.A.G. and kinglugia like this.
  2. Neo-Chan

Neo-Chan Downtrodden college student

Sure im cool with that.

3. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

4. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Votes been called but I'm curious, examples?

5. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

Are we E-1 in Krav Maga? How did we talk the instructor into teaching us military techniques?

6. Neo-Chan

People with danger sense such as spider man, durable flyers in the vain of Iron man or Superman, people with healing factors, and people with super endurance (depends on the level of endurance). Against certain types of enemy's you need a fighting style that can focus on attacking an enemy's weak points or applying damage in a way as to cripple their fighting capability, Aikido just isn't aggressive enough for some situations.

7. TheDivineDemon

You are black belt, expert level one, and had received the invitation to earn your black belt. You impressed your head instructor by nearly so many times against him, even defeating him a few times. Your dedication to getting a third black belt also impressed him.

Also, as far as I know there are two or three different systems of Krav Maga: Civilian, Law Enforcement, and Military. As badass of a fighter as you are you know the Civilian branch with some LE training due to father's friends in the class/instructors liking you.

If I'm wrong about my info let me know, my knowledge of Krav is limited to websites (stupid job preventing me from attending regular classes)

8. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

Not saying there aren't times when we'll need to cripple an enemy but...dude, your examples are kind of terrible.

How exactly is a hard style supposed to help against any of that? Hard or soft, we're fucked if we have to fight superhuman tanks or precognitives.

9. Neo-Chan

In the words of a wise man, attack the weak points for maximum damage. Besides it doesn't matter if how good your danger sense is if you cant react in time just ask Spiderman, There's a reason he became so good at patching up his suit.

10. Threadmarks: Going through the Motions
    TheDivineDemon

Going through the Motions
    Your friends were disappointed that you couldn't hang out with them after school, especially since Cassie's boyfriend was going to show them some Parkour moves. You promised you'd go with them next time.

"But that's what you said last time!" Cassie whined, as she did every time you couldn't hang out with them.Which was more often than you would like to admit.

"It's just, well, there's the family dinner tonight and there was something I wanted to work on with my forms before my mom got all... my mom on me."

There were grumbles but they easily relented, they were used to you devotion to your hobby. Still, they were more than happy to sing happy birthday to you as you approached your how decorated locker.

Friends were awesome.

You actually felt guilty now for turning down their offer to hang out... well, more guilty.

Still, you were so close to something that you could literally FEEL it.

So, when school ended you all but ran home and closed yourself in your room. Your room, according to your friends, very odd looking in its set up and how nothing seemed out of place. Your bed sheets were frilled and your furniture faux Victorian but there were also training weights and bands around the room with a kung fu dummy in the corner.

There were also a number of scented candles around the room for when a work out began to make the room... smell. Something you went nose blind to until Cassie pointed it out.

It was still your room and it was still more comfortable than working out in your living room. Stupid little brothers.

Stripping out of you school clothes and into some work out clothes, yoga pant and a tang top, you began to stretch. If you were to be honest then you would say the hobbies your mother had forced you to try had actually given you a number of excellent stretches and has made you increasingly limber.

You could also do hand stands and flips with little effort now, which was pretty cool.

Once you were suitably stretched out and warmed up you took a stance and began to alter your breathing. Changing it to a calm and steady pace that never faltered as you began to move. From one stance to another you moved, transitioning from seamlessly and smoothly as you advanced around the room.

Eventually an invisible opponent began to take shape in your mind, twisting into shape as they mirrored you moves. As they struck out you defended and counter, as you attacked you guarded against their inevitable attack.

They twist impossibly out of you Aikido grips and throws, dodged your best Krav strikes while lashing back at you leaving with a bare chance to dodge with the weaving technique you learned form your Kali instructor. You started struck out to intercept, to attack and lock them before they could attack you. It was working.
    You controlled your imaginary opponent with a simple wrist lock, dragging them forward and off balance to slam an elbow into the back of their skull. The momentum of you body turn was used to bring your knee up and slammed into their lower back. Opponent firmly on the ground your imagination conjured images of two more attacker, each as skilled as the first and working in concert to free their friend.

Your breathing never faltered even as sweat began to bead on your brow.

You kept the down opponent between you and your new attackers, using him as both a shield and an eventual weapon. You've tossed grown men from a kneeling position before and were relatively sure it would work just as well in a shadow boxing session, or a real fight as needs be.

As the fight went on and more imaginary opponents came you found yourself falling into a rhythm, one that made your body practically glide across the room. Maybe you were giving yourself too much credit about how many foes you could take but you felt good, you felt natural. You felt clear.

Your breathing still never changed.

But the world around you did.

In the corner of your eyes you could see your room disappear, sorta. It was like looking at an image overlap another image. On one side of the room your dresser was replaced by a work bench where a boy was working away at something. On the other end of the room your bed was replaced by one with black sheets where a girl engrossed in an old looking book.Your breathe hitched in surprise and a question bubbled from your throat, "What are you doing in my room?"

Both strangers looked up and disappeared, as if your attention had banished them away.

You were kinda freaked out.

Do you tell your parents?:
    [] Yes! You're seeing things! That's never good!
    [] No! Seeing things may be bad but it could just be something you ate. Besides, they'd cancel the camping trip.​

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    assana73, PauliExklusor and Neo-Chan like this.
  11. Neo-Chan

[x] No! Seeing things nay be bad but it could just be something you ate. Besides, they'd cancel the camping trip.

First rule of sense8 never tell people other then your fellow sense8's what you are without some kind of proof and the knowledge that they wont take you to the hospital to figure out why you are "hallucinating". Not following that rule tends to lead to having the enemy know who you are were you live and were to start looking, it also gets you labeled a high priority target by the police that the enemy is manipulating.

12. mro123321

mro123321 Know what you're doing yet?

That reasoning, while completely correct, has too much meta-knowledge for my tastes. If I were hallucinating, I would tell my parents. I think Ms. Murphy is of similar character. Also, we won't necessarily be sent to the hospital because of hallucinations. There are many, many parents that go to extremely unethical lengths to "protect" their children from psychological institutions.

[X]Yes! You're seeing things! That's never good!

13. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[x] No! Seeing things nay be bad but it could just be something you ate. Besides, they'd cancel the camping trip.

14. Neo-Chan

Your forgetting one major thing, this my friend is the Marvel verse people waking up one day with super powers is a thing that can happen and people tend to be dicks to mutants. While you could argue its in character to go tell your parents you could also argue that it's in character for us to think were a mutant with some sort of clairvoyance and try to hide it , after all their is a tendency for parents to turn on their kids once it's discovered their a mutant, im not saying it will happen just that it could.

15. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

[X] No! Seeing things may be bad but it could just be something you ate. Besides, they'd cancel the camping trip.

16. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

Point. Mutant=bad. Do not tell parents.

17. TheDivineDemon

Voting closed

Winning result

[4] No! Seeing things may be bad but it could just be something you ate. Besides, they'd cancel the camping trip.

18. TheDivineDemon

Not Crazy, Hopefully
    No. No, you couldn't tell your parents.

Hearing things, seeing things, meant you were crazy and you knew you weren't crazy. At least you hoped you weren't. You probably ate something that didn't agree with via expose to Samatha's weird ass taste in food.

You just needed to calm down. Today had just been a weird day for you and it was almost over. You just needed to relax, think things over... probably go to bed... After a shower, you smelled a little rank.

As you walked out of your room you could hear the noise of your family through out the house. Your mother in the kitchen barely an hour home and already preparing lunches for tomorrow, your father in the living room watching something funny to ease his nerves before another shift, and your brothers scurried away in the game room chucking challenges at each other over a game.

It was comforting, almost soothing, to hear those sounds. That little bit of normalcy when you were uncertain about your sanity. Maybe after your shower you could spend some time with them?

What do you want to do before bed?:
    [] Check in on little brothers?
    [] Get a quick snack from the kitchen?
    [] Sit down with your dad and watch TV?
    [] Nothing, today's been weird.
    [] Other (write in)

What do you want to do tomorrow?
    [] Sleep in. Call in sick if you're seeing and hearing things.
    [] Go to school and after that
    -[] Hang out with your friends
    -[] Go to your old dojo/gym for a good spar
    -[] Practice on your own again
    [] Other (Write In)

assana73 likes this.
  19. mro123321

mro123321 Know what you're doing yet?

[X]Write-in
    -[X]Go on a nighttime stroll.
    [X]Go to school and after that
    -[X]Hang out with your friends.

20. Neo-Chan

[x] Write-in
    -[x] Meditate
    [x] Go to school and after that
    -[x] Hang out with your friends.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  21. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[x] Write-in
    -[x] Meditate
    [x] Go to school and after that
    -[x] Hang out with your friends.

22. TheDivineDemon

Voting closed

Winning results!

[2]Write-in
    -[2]meditae
    [3]Go to school and after that
    -[3]Hang out with your friends.