1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sliver Legion [MtG/NGE]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, Mar 9, 2013.

?

What universe do you want to start in?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2013.
  1. Nasuverse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Familiar of Zero

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Naruto

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Neon Genesis Evangelion

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. Starcraft

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  6. Warcraft

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  7. Multiverse (MtG) [random roll]

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Pokemon

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Re: Sliver Legion [MtG/???]

[X] Stalk it and observe it for a short time.
    [X] Then ambush and kill it swiftly.

2. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Stalking it is; will get an update tomorrow, along with possibly another Primer.

So...anyone have any questions they want answered on the Primer?

3. Somebodynobody10

Somebodynobody10 Versed in the lewd.

I guess the answer is no?
    :p

4. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

General stuffs about uh... Stuff? Sorry, I know nothing of MtG outside of what Quests have told me. Mostly Fishie's quest...

5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Can there be a Sliver Planeswalker? :3

6. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

What significance does the Slivers' place of origin have on their behaviour and perception of the world? Is it ordinarily just 'everyone else is food' or what? Do they have a culture (the art and music kind, before anyone makes the obvious joke)? Do they have formalized magic or are they classified purely as 'magical beasts'? Are they only technically alive? What can kill them, if anything?

... I may or may not have come in here for the NGE. ^_^;

7. Somebodynobody10

I can actually answer to one part of this.
    Sliver magic:
    Slivers are quite curious creatures with their ability to adapt, neutralize and then co-opt anything they have ever faced. Once slivers were dropped in a middle of an active volcano.
    Most of them died.
    A couple survived.
    Ever since then, all slivers laughed at high temperatures. I guess their natural abilities/magic makes them survivors extraordinaire.

Of course, this is not propably what you meant. You wanted to know if they (for instance) throw around lighting bolts, right?
    Well, the answer would depend on this: has anyone thrown lighting bolts at the slivers?
    Once in the fluff, slivers were experimented on by mages that accidentally underestimated the power of slivers and had them do a jailbreak.

The first wave of slivers died under the barrage of spells the mages shot forth.
    The second wave managed to get closer, having gained some resistance against the spells when the other slivers died.
    The third wave was completely immune to the spells and could cast the same spells the mages were using right back to their faces. Those spells were at least as strong, if not stronger, as the mages spells.

In conclusion? The slivers learn anything you use against them. (Of course not everything, otherwise slivers could suddenly pull out guns after someone shoots them with a rifle) The moment the slivers face the angels, the only possible way to stop the slivers from copycatting their realityhax would be to manage to kill all of the attacking slivers in one strike, in order of not giving them time to adapt. You think tyranids were bad? A sliver hive controlled by a competent queen, time to snatch evolutions and make new sliver types out of them is all new beast.

8. EnderofWorlds

It would take an extinction level event to wipe them all out; and even then odds are 50/50. They're magical Zerg/tyrannids; with all that entails.

The could grow a culture, if given the opportunity to grow and evolve as a race in terms of intellect. When that happens, you guys will be able to help build that up.

9. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

I know where both of those things are from. I do not know what they are. But from context I'm guessing an entire species of those brooms from The Sorcerer's Apprentice, only instead of doing Mickey's chores for him they just mooch around and occasionally kill things that get in the way of their fun.

The Blue Mage-ing is neat, though I do wonder what it's going to be like having to write Apostle-powers from the inside.

\O/

10. EnderofWorlds

Not feeling well; update in the morning...

11. EnderofWorlds

[X] Stalk it and observe it for a short time.
    [X] Then ambush and kill it swiftly.

You continue to watch the prey; observing it clumsily move about in the jungle while you follow from above in the foliage. The prey shows nothing that makes it out to be anything more than it already is; a confused creature incapable of fighting off a superior hunter. Its main method for combat looks to be constriction with its massive tail, supported with striking with its claws to hurry along its target's demise or to fend off any struggling it may have to deal with.

You can fight this thing, this prey. Fight, kill, and eat it. Your hunger is gnawing stronger on your mind; you need to eat, and soon.

And just below you is prey ripe for the picking...

Immediately you dive, talons out to rend your prey apart; a quick and easy kill.

Only it isn't a quick kill; the prey reacts despite not being able to see or hear you, moving out of the way and slashing at you. You still manage to gouge out a far chunk of it's tail, but it managed to get some good blows to your side. You feel the pain from your new wounds, but it soon fades, the gashes healing up in an instant (+Regeneration).

You also feel your carapace hardening (+???) and your muscles growing stronger, as if reacting to the attack (+???). Still, it reacted despite there not being a single hint of you attacking; and it didn't look like your prey had a keen sense of smell by how it moved through the jungle. Something else; a sixth sense of sorts? Regardless, you still hit it, which means that regardless of this sense; if it can't react in time it doesn't matter.

Again you feel your body changing; muscles tightening and adapting to assist in hunting down your prey (+Haste). With twice the speed of before you dive at your prey, too fast for it to even react.

And it's over; your second strike the last, a perfect strike at the throat, killing it. You then devour the corpse, you hunger satiated. You also feel a twinge in your mind as something changes about it (+???). You feel a twinge, and the urge to hide; which you immediately do. And with good reason; you see a giant, shambling elemental move right by where you just were. So that was how your dinner knew you were attacking! And now you can use it too.

You then spend the rest of the day scouting and getting a layout for the land, finding several rivers connecting to a lake along with several plateaus covered with nests of some sort. That along with the jungle seemed to be what composed the habitat you lived in.

Still; now you needed to make a shelter and look for proper hunting grounds, but where?

[X] Here in the jungle, where stealth and deception will serve you best
    [X] In the rivers and lakes; food will likely be more plentiful, though not as varied
    [X] You desire not to be constrained to the land; the skies will be your domain!
    [X] Write-in

nox likes this.
  12. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Is there a place near where the Jungle and River meet?

13. EnderofWorlds

Kinda...but it's more like as one gradually fades the other starts to begin growing.

Edit: I'm curious as to how many will choose the skies...

14. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] GREEEN, LEAFY JUUUUNGLE~

15. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Depends if the sky has any big predators...
    I'd rather not be the small bird that gets gobbled up by a bigger bird.

16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] You desire not to be constrained to the land; the skies will be your domain!

Winged Slivers!

17. EnderofWorlds

No more than the jungle does, or the lake and river; all of them are dangerous.

Also, as a side note; the previous couple of updates have been a prologue of sorts to get Queenie to hatch and sorta get some other things down, update after next will probably be when the real deal happens and you land in NGE.

18. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

19. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

Welllll then!

I cannot really decide... Lake would gain us swimmy stuff but that may not help us in NGE, Sky would gain us wings which would help with scouting and all but

Jungle will help with stealth a fair bit but wouldn't gain us the bonuses of gills or wings...

20. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

... Hmm.

Would this be acceptable?

21. EnderofWorlds

...sure, why not?

22. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] You will not be constrained by ANY arbitrary limit- When your prey takes to the skys, so shall you. When it slips beneath the water of the streams, you shall follow. And any thing which attemts to hide in the depths of the jungle's thick undergrowth shall find you there, waiting.

Super persistent predator~!

23. Lilithium

Lilithium born in 1900

[X] You will not be constrained by ANY arbitrary limit- When your prey takes to the skys, so shall you. When it slips beneath the water of the streams, you shall follow. And any thing which attempts to hide in the depths of the jungle's thick undergrowth shall find you there, waiting.

TIME TO TRY AND GET CAKE AND EATING IT

24. Somebodynobody10

[X] You will not be constrained by ANY arbitrary limit- When your prey takes to the skys, so shall you. When it slips beneath the water of the streams, you shall follow. And any thing which attempts to hide in the depths of the jungle's thick undergrowth shall find you there, waiting.

25. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Here in the jungle, where stealth and deception will serve you best

Trying to get everything at once always ends well in quests..

26. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

MacroDaemon, you forget. We are a Sliver. Aiming for everything like this is how we Do things as a Sliver. A fully decked out Sliver army is capable of flight, breathing underwater, going intangible and invisible, teleportation, digging huge tunnels, and various other methods of getting around and killing things.

Slivers are unstoppable once they get going, all they need is an evolutionary imperative to jump start there processes.

27. EnderofWorlds

There's also the fact that I'm probably one of the cushiest GM's around and am fully willing to let you have the cake and eat it too if I can spin a good enough story with it.

Most of the reason I end up so nice as a GM is because I treat these quests as a pot-luck story of sorts; where the group weaves the story together, though with one guy (me) having final say as to what happens. It's why I like write-ins a lot and will be more lenient on them if I think they're good.

28. Somebodynobody10

As long as the End Game won´t be all easy for us, I´m happy. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  29. Somebodynobody10

So, if no new votes won´t show up, it will end in a:

3 votes: All the places

2 votes: We believe we can ~fly~

How much time do you want to wait, GM? Few days? Just want to gauge how often I will need to check on this game.

30. EnderofWorlds

I think I'll give it til Sunday or Monday until I update.