1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Epsilon, May 14, 2016.

1. dasstan

dasstan :)

Inb4 Silver719 gets thread banned. :V

Epsilon and Silver719 like this.
  2. Nix's Warden

Nix's Warden The Watchful Lurker.

You monster! How could you bully Hibiki like that!

[​IMG]
    Look at that face! Those eyes! Those Ears! How could you bully someone so adorable?!

Your a dog lover aren't you!

3. Silver719

Silver719 Fate's Plaything

; o ; i'm so sorry oh god what have i done

[REGRET INTENSIFIES]

Sure is lonely in here...could really use an update to keep me warm...

Epsilon, dasstan and Nix's Warden like this.
  4. Threadmarks: Interlude: The Hunt - Part II
    Epsilon

Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

Interlude:

The Hunt - Part II

《~》

"I can't believe you forgot me," growled the massive black wolfhound, while Tsume chuckled.

"I'm sorry, Kuromaru," Minato said in an apologetic tone, though there was a glint of mirth in his eyes. He had returned immediately to get the dog once his absence was noted.

Minato's eyes then turned slightly more serious. "What can you sense?"

The thick muscles in the ninken's neck tensed and rippled as he moved his snout around in the air and ground. "No one's been here for days," he finally said. "Now there's only us, and the maggots feasting upon the rotting corpses below."

Minato grimaced slightly at the words. One of those corpses was his student after all.

Kuromaru's scent tracking and Hizashi's initial sweep confirmed that there was no recent movement in the area. Minato then traced the ruins of the cave-in by memory, to determine an approximate location.

A bit to a side, Inuzuka Tsume looked around at her surroundings. It was nearly a mountain of rubble on its own, sloping down to fall into the barren ravine that was spanned by the Kannabi bridge just a few weeks ago. A natural border between Kusa and Iwa that stretched around as far as her eyes could see.

In ancient times, it must've been quite the deep river, Tsume mused. The walls were smooth yellow sandstone in some places and reddish clay in others; features often observed in the landforms spanning Earth and Grass country. Forests of pine and cedar towered above, providing ample cover for a shinobi to move through unseen.

There were bits of shubbery and twisted vines on the slope of their side of the gorge, slowly clearing down as it went deeper and deeper. Further east, awaited the shattered edge of what once used to be a way across.

Kannabi-kyo. The bridge where the gods do not help.

Tsume couldn't see the bottom of the ravine clearly, and she was glad for it. She wondered if Hizashi could see all the bones that must've accumulated at the bottom from decades of people falling over.

"...Obito remained approximately there. Half a kilometer in; you want a closer look?" drifted along the voice of Namikaze Minato.

"No, I can see fine from here," spoke Hizashi in a clipped yet slightly amused tone. Veins and blood vessels around his eyes bulged, shifting outwards due to influx of chakra through the pathways.

The Byakugan saw all. It pierced through layers of fallen mountain rocks, focusing in a particular direction. Despite the cave-in, certain ways in which the debris was positioned allowed him to trace an approximate path of what had been the actual cave.

He knew he was on the right track when he saw the first body; decomposing and maggot-infested like Kuromaru had so aptly put. Years of practice allowed him to move past the initial revulsion and scan the body for identifiers. It had a dented forehead protector- barely identifiable as one of Iwa's.

Hizashi moved on. He disregarded bones too old to be a recent death, and found yet another Iwa-nin corpse in the vicinity.

His lips pressed in consternation while his eyes continued searching for the Uchiha boy.

For a moment, something flickered in the outer edge of his range. There was nothing out of place when he shifted his focus; nothing but the fibery roots of Kusa's usual undergrowth. No traces of chakra lingering around either; so Hizashi reluctantly disregarded whatever he'd glimpsed as a figment of his troubled mind.

"Found something?" Minato asked, having noticed his reaction.

"No..." the Hyuga trailed off. "Your student doesn't seem to be in the approximate area. I'll look around a bit further."

Minato's expression grew grim, having reached the logical conclusion. Hizashi believed in the same possibility of the body being missing, but he wanted to make sure.

A cursory sweep of the area revealed nothing, though he had almost seen something again. Was it his paranoia or actual danger? Neither the Inuzuka nor her absurdly large hound had noticed anything.

While his sensory bloodline relied on visual perception, theirs worked with auditory and olfactory senses. Namikaze also possessed sensory ninjutsu of his own; the list of things he couldn't do was incredibly short.

Between them all, nothing should be able to avoid detection.

Reassuring himself, Hizashi rapidly shifted his focus back to the estimated area and picked up minor bits and pieces of details- like the shattered fragments of kunai, torn pieces of decomposing leather and the like. Signs of the battle that had no doubt occured there.

There were multiple bodies lying around, but not a single one of them were that of a teenage male from Konoha.

He frowned, as he focused on the soil. To ordinary eyes there would be nothing out of place; but his eyes were anything but. He curiously observed a lone cluster of maggots in a certain spot, drawn there by something.

Blood.

A few miniscule fragments of shattered bone were spread throughout the area. The bits were too small to notice with ordinary eyes, but the Byakugan saw them. They must've been buried into the soil at impact; and the blood from the injury that had seeped into the ground was what called the parasites, even though there was no body left.

Uchiha Obito's corpse had been stolen.

"Namikaze," he begun with a grimace. "The body was-"

Hizashi's words were cut off as there was another movement somewhere behind him.

And then, a pitch black arm emerged through his chest.

Hizashi spat out blood, dimly hearing Kuromaru's roar and Tsume's shout. Namikaze Minato stared at him with wide blue eyes, the wicked edge of a tri-pronged kunai already flipping up to his hand.

He saw all that, but his gaze was on the thing that had snuck up on him.

It couldn't be a living creature. It had no chakra...

The black and white man grinned from behind him.

"Hello," it greeted amusedly.

"And goodbye."

《~》

AN: Sorry Neji. It was FATE.

I planned to finish The Hunt in two interludes, but guess it'll take three...

I have a bit of my own spin on how Zetsu avoids detection. Minato will figure it out.

Kannabi bridge in the good days before those darned ruffians from the Leaf blew it up-

[​IMG]

*FATE [Foolish Author-Troll Epsilon]​

5. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

well...at least neji won't blame his clan...

oh shit does this mean we also get hinata's father killed he'll have no brother to die for him when kumo tries and take hinata.

6. Epsilon

If the Hyuga incident happens, then Hiashi won't hand himself over; the head of one of Konoha's great clans just bending over would provide a weakness to Konoha's rep.

Most likely, either Kumo backs down, a cold war/actual war between Kumo and Konoha begins. (The latter is less likely)

7. Silver719

No, but he might blame the Uchiha.

Also, Black Zetsu, the fuck man?

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Eh, right now Minato is still more or less 'just' Minato.
    Disappearing him and his team here would draw attention, but there's a war going on to distract everyone and it would likely be a lot less troublesome than the team of incredibly potent trackers backed by instantaneous mobility finding a trail that leads directly to the lair Madara can't really leave.

Epsilon likes this.
  9. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

Neji is like what 1 years old he most likely won't really blame anyone he didn't get to know his fathers sadly.

dasstan likes this.
  10. Silver719

But the real question: Since we're the ones who convinced Minato to go on this mission, will we feel guilty for Hizashi's disappearance and become Neji's Nii-chan?

Epsilon likes this.
  11. Epsilon

I dunno that's up to you :3

If they started tracking Obito from that spot, then temporary Team Minato would stumble upon Madara's base. Zetsu got antsy.

The Byakugan was the danger there; it could catch Zetsu moving (though he's too fast to glimpse when he's using Mayfly). Hizashi's eyes might've seen through the ground and into Madara's layer if he got in range, so Zetsu had to run some interference.

Once the party is derailed, he'll try leaving a false trail out of Grass, and clear up any sort of evidence that could lead Minato to Madara and Obito.

Zetsu = Super spy/The Real Mastermind/bad guy

Plotvitalnpc and Silver719 like this.
  12. Silver719

God dammit, Zetsu. All we wanted was our Nii-chan...

13. Nix's Warden

Well we all knew this was a possibility. Let's just be glad that Minato is still alive, for the moment, and that he now knows Zetsu is a thing, as well as that Obito is missing. Assuming Minato lives, and I'm assuming he will since Zetsu fucked up and didn't take him out with his alpha strike, then we should be seeing some very nice butterflies from this.

14. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Including potential trouble between Hiashi and Minato which might mean he doesn't become the next Hokage.
    Will have to see where exactly this goes, but if Minato comes back from a personal outing with nothing to show for Hizashi's death, that's not going to look well for him.

15. Nix's Warden

Possibly. But something to be considered is that Zetsu manage to take by surprise the younger brother of the Head of The Hyuuga Clan with his Byakugan active, the Heiress of the Inazuka and her tracking hound, and Minato Namikaze a S-Rank Ninja and the fastest man alive.

They didn't even know he was there until he'd put a hole into Hizashi's chest. That is a big threat that no one even knew existed, it only appeared when Minato was searching for his students body, and I doubt Minato is going to miss the corralization that Zetsu might have done something to Obito.

dasstan likes this.
  16. dasstan

I wonder if Hiashi will adopt Neji? Neji, Pride of the Hyuuga and Heir to the Clan would certainly be a butterfly.

17. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Well, objectively speaking, yes, but unless they manage to get a Zetsu corpse, they're still likely to return with empty hands, which is easily something his critics (or grieving relatives) can latch on to to discredit him.
    Zetsu bypassing all of their precautions is incredibly easy to spin as them not being that good after all, which is bad news when you're currently vying for enough respect to be the next Hokage.

Without any idea of who is really behind this attack, who they are working for, what their exact capabilities are, what they are doing right now, what their goal was, etc, all you really have is a lot of question this team has failed to get answers to and a new threat in the middle of a harsh war, which just isn't something anyone will be happy to hear, so unless Minato manages to get something out of this, this will likely be bad for his career.

18. Nix's Warden

Fair points, but as for the discrediting thing, I doubt that is too likely to happen. Hizashi was the Byakugan user who was supposed to be checking the surroundings, not Minato, so Hiashi can't really blame Minato without saying his brother was unskilled and or unsuited to be taken on what was supposed to be a simple location and retrieval mission.

19. SoothingCoffee

SoothingCoffee I trust you know where the happy button is?

There's also another fact that Minato was a War Hero, and student of Jiraiya. He has much more credibility than most people, and if someone managed to get the pass by him, then you better think that someone is dangerous as heck.

20. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Shame it was just a punch through the gut/chest...
    If Zetsu also karate chopped through one of Hizashi's shoulders and down to his gut, it'd be a full rendition of how a major character (some would argue the main character) gets killed in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Vento Aureo

21. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Hiashi also wasn't there and neither was anyone else, except the people whose competence would be implicated and who therefor have every reason not to mention their own failures.

Our own clan is more or less convinced that Kakashi stole Obito's eye and may even be at fault for his death, in spite of that being completely inaccurate.
    It's pretty easy for people who are angry and grieving to find someone to blame and not only is it completely impossible for someone who wasn't actually there to be exactly sure how things played out, but Minato is already going to be someone easy to blame because he was the only reason Hizashi went in the first place and was mission leader.

Especially once you consider that any absolving of Minato comes with either claiming Hizashi fucked up or admitting a major failure of the Byakugan against an enemy that's still out there, which in either case would be a blow to the Hyuuga pride.
    Far more easy to adopt a position of the rest of the team failing in their agreed upon duties or Minato pushing Hizashi too hard and that this was the only reason the Byakugan was caught off guard.

Besides, even if Hiashi himself manages to keep a cool head, I can't help but believe that at best there'll be a similar reaction as to the Obito thing, with a lot of grumbling and misplaced anger among the clan even though the clan head more or less acquiesces.
    And, if people angry over either incident here of the other one, odds are the grumbling will intensify, which leaves Minato with a poor reputation among two of Konoha's most powerful clans and the possessors of its (only?) kekkai genkai.

22. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Truly, Hibiki has fucked with this timeline something crazy.

dasstan likes this.
  23. Silver719

Land of Snow. Kakashi probs won't be there.

24. Nix's Warden

How so? I don't think anything we've done would alter that series of events?

25. dasstan

Interestingly, if Nix's Warden's prediction about Minato getting discredited holds true, Fugaku could end up as the Hokage, since, unless I'm mistaken, he was considered for the position along with Minato.

26. Silver719

I think Hiashi was as well. And Chouza, and whoever the Aburame head is. All four Noble Clan heads would make good candidates, no?

27. dasstan

Do you have any evidence supporting that? As far as I know, the only listed candidates were Orochimaru, Fugaku, and Minato.

28. Nix's Warden

Ah but your all forgetting the most important person! Orochimaru was a potential fourth Hokage was he not? Wouldn't that be fun~

29. dasstan

*coughs politely and points at Orochimaru listed in the post above.*

Nix's Warden likes this.
  30. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Minato probably wont become the hokage since he promised to bring Obito's body back with him, just like Naruto promised to bring Sasuke back.

... And you all know how well that turned out.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.