1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Epsilon, May 14, 2016.

1. Silver719

Silver719 Fate's Plaything

...Naruto ended up becoming Hokage before he was 20?

2. dasstan

dasstan :)

... And bringing Sasuke back?

3. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Yeah, and all it took was a war, fighting a god queen of bunnyhood and losing an arm because of someone being stupid... again. >.>

Considering that Minato currently is out of bunny goddesses to slay, and wars to fight, I expect it to take years, like Naruto, before he even catches a whiff of Obito after this.

-sighs-

Nevermind, I don't feel like explaining how I believe Naruto's whole "Bring back Sasuke" thing was a huge clausterfuck.

4. dasstan

Yeah, it was a clusterfuck, but the mistake you made was comparing Minato's course of action to Naruto's course of action. Naruto's course of action resulted in him getting everything he wanted. Thus, if you were aiming to highlight how Minato making a promise would result in him not becoming the hokage, you, uh, sort of failed. A lot.

A better example would be:

5. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Not really, since he would eventually become Hokage. I didn't doubt that. That example was meant to mean it would take years for him to do so and find Obito's body instead of you know, becoming the Hokage in like a week or so?

SO yeah, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I was trying to say this is going to take time and be a clusterfuck, not that it was impossible.

6. Silver719

So guys, what should Hibiki's theme song be?

7. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Casual theme?
    Blumenkranz.

Battle theme?
    Meow mix song.

Silver719 likes this.
  8. Silver719

...could we make a nyancat genjutsu? Just constantly hearing the Nyan Cat song at the edge of your hearing?

dasstan and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  9. dasstan

Inb4 kinjutsu.

10. Plotvitalnpc

The idea of Hibiki as the Uchiha's internal Danzo (willing to see the clan mostly destroyed if it means he can rebuild it in way he believes best to make it great again) sticks in the head oddly firmly.

11. Nix's Warden

Nix's Warden The Watchful Lurker.

Oh. I just noticed our skills were updated. We can now slightly dent the bark of a tree with a punch, which disturbs some people, but just makes Fugaku get this look that says, 'Oh yeah. I am going to make this kid into a fucking nightmare.'

12. Plotvitalnpc

"My son is going to be so fucking safe."

dasstan likes this.
  13. Nix's Warden

Nix's Warden The Watchful Lurker.

I'm trying to remember what did we agree to do for training XP next month? Were we going to pump it all into Chakra Control so we can get that Chakra Skill, or do a balanced spreed so we get the new Trait?

14. Plotvitalnpc

In the order you said it here.
    15xp chakra control, 5 kunai throwing (or maybe like...13xp chakra control, 7xp kunai throwing), then some even spread (leaving off chakra control), and then a few turns of bumping other stuff up to snuff.

Also, Hibiki turns 5 in two months, and academy enrollment is in 5-6 months, from my talk with Epsilon. Itachi probably won't actually be going this year either, because he's only a few months older than us. That being said...mebbe we can BAMF hard enough for our age to get in a year early :p

...Academy starts abouuuut when the Kyuubi attack is due. Maybe a little after.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
    Nix's Warden likes this.
  15. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

I was think after we do 15 Chakra control and 5 Kunai next turn after that we should maybe just focus on 2 skills to get traits, here's what I was think:

Ninjustu + Genjustu = A trait that has to do with our reserves or standard ninjustu or Gnejustu trait giving us a small percentage boost in said skills.
    Taijustu + Running = A Trait in Stamina or the standard boost trait with said skills.
    Kunai I think would give us a perfect aim trait or something?

16. Plotvitalnpc

Still gotta finish the trait we started on for doing 5/5/5/5 splits this turn, though...

Silver719, Nix's Warden and Leekz01 like this.
  17. Silver719

Honestly, next month, I think we'd still get the trait if we did a 3/3/3/11 Chakra Control split. We'll have to see how much XP we have next month. Who knows? Maybe extended training with it will help us gain a second tomoe. (I'm an optimist)

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  18. Plotvitalnpc

True...
    The 15 is more about making it very definitive that we're going to hit out of the park and land our chakra control in the next tier, I think, but then...we only need like 62 points in it for that.

19. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

I did 15 because never 100% trust RNG could get all low rolls and it won't rank, also its been said putting more training in 1 skill over all others can also give the trait.

20. Threadmarks: 9. Cheshire
    Epsilon

Epsilon Know what you're doing yet?

The little cat meows again, and you make up your mind.

You know the theory behind the Leaf Sticking exercise- not merely the knowledge on how to do the technique, but the why behind it as well. At a limited amount, chakra exhibits adhesive properties and acts as a bond between different substances.

Closing your eyes, you place your hand on the side of the streetlamp.

The metal surface of the pole is cool against your palm. You focus, willing the power coursing through your veins to emerge. It forced itself out through the pathways beneath your skin, evenly spreading out over the surface with but a thought.

And then, when you try to move your hand, you feel resistance.

You latch around the pole and slowly move up, your hands the only thing allowing proper traction against the smooth metal.

You climb.

Rolled 81
    Failure.

You're a bit more than halfway up, when you realise that your coils are straining. Sustaining your body weight requires a constant flow of not an inconsiderable amount of chakra, which heavily taxes on your system. With every passing moment, the flow in your pathways decrease at an alarming rate.

Then it happens. Your body weight finally overcomes the meager pull between flesh and steel.

The little cat mewls worriedly and hides its eyes with its paws.

You lurch backwards, but your legs snap around the metal pole with nothing but instinct. Another twist in your body and blind clutching allows you to grab the steel surface as you go down. It slows your momentum enough.

With a light thump, you fall into the concrete sidewalk; mostly unharmed, but humbled.

"That could've gone better," you grumble while rubbing your slightly sore rump.

"I AGREE. THAT WAS PRETTY PATHETIC."

You jerk and freeze as a voice rumbles from behind with the intensity of booming thunder.

You don't know how you haven't noticed before, but there's a massive shadow stretching out over you and on to the streets. You feel the heavy breath of something large shifting the high collar of the back of your shirt.

Slowly, you turn your head around.

What greets your sight is something you can describe only as a cat monster. It stands tall against the backdrop, taller than the streetlamp. It blots out the dying light from your view by its sheer size alone.

Its fur is a rough white, marked by stripes of black running across its back. There is a similar stripe running down the length of its eyelids and below the gold irides. What interests you most however is its tail.

Rather, its tails. Two of them.

"COME ALONG THEN, FOOLISH SON OF MINE," it roared before plucking out the little cat from atop the streetlamp with a swipe of its paws. With impossible delicateness for something so massive, it holds the smaller creature carefully- and deposits it to the top of its head.

The little cat mewls happily.

"OH? IT SEEMS THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE STEPPED FORWARD TO SAVE MY SON FROM HIS FOOLISH MISADVENTURES," the big cat rumbles out.

Just from the fact that it talks, you have a pretty good idea of what the creature actually is.

"You're a summon," you finally breathe.

"THAT I AM. AND YOU'RE A LITTLE UCHIHA," it grunts. You've seen ninneko lounge around on the walls of the Military Police headquarters, but never have you seen one this big.

You wonder why there isn't more commotion around you- as there's a giant cat standing on one side of the street! However, no one seems to notice it all, not even when its roaring tone rattles a nearby windowpane.

People instinctively move to the other side of the road. They do not see nor hear the massive feline. You see a genin whistling a jaunty tune and strolling down the road, but he doesn't even flinch when a tail thicker than his waist misses his face by inches.

You have your suspicions, and they are confirmed as your eyes swirl crimson.

You see a continuous stream of chakra emerging from the body of the cat monster in a radius that covered most of the street. It hung around like haze, clinging on to any who stepped foot into its domain. The stream of chakra avoided you however; deliberately bending around the area you are seated on.

"You're doing something to everyone, so that they can't see you," you state while slightly scrunching your eyes. "Is that a genjutsu you're using?"

"THAT IT IS," the big cat agrees. "GENJUTSU OF THE WIDE-AREA KIND, TO BE PRECISE."

Your eyes unravel the technique. You see how the cat manipulates the flow of his energy, subtly easing it in into the body of every passerby on the block. You understand the mechanism behind its actions, but you do not become capable of performing the technique yourself; you don't have the knowledge on how to initiate it.

"IT SEEMS YOU POSSESS THOSE EYES. HOW INTERESTING," the beast muses. Its gold eyes judge you on some obscure scale- and you do not know the results.

He turns on his feet with nary a sound except for the happy mewling of the little cat on his head. He turns his face around over his back, showing you a set of scissor-like teeth.

"A RECKLESS, UNTHINKING FOOL YOU ARE, LIKE MY OWN FOOLISH WHELP," it calls out with a chuckle that shakes your very bones. "BUT I FIND YOU INTERESTING NONETHELESS."

His paws come together and the chakra around him shifts, changing into a different form of flow.

"REST ASSURED," the cat drawls with a smile straight from a nightmare, "I WILL KEEP AN EYE ON YOU, LITTLE UCHIHA..."

He bursts into a massive gout of smoke, fading away till not even that terrible grin remained.

There is a minor commotion in the street as numerous people see smole erupt out of nowhere, but you pay it no heed. You pick yourself up from the ground and dust off your pants.

And then, you resume your walk home.

Cat summons, huh...

Within the week, word spreads among the Uchiha about their clan head taking on a new pupil. You feel a bit out of depth with the sudden attention you receive; it's not something you're particularly used to.

And then, they learn that you possess the sharingan.

You appreciate the quiet moments of relaxation with Nee-chan all the more; you look forward to the easy silence that reigns when you and Itachi diligently work away beneath Lord Fugaku's instruction.

Your clan head is a demanding teacher. But frankly, he's a better one than Ayano-sensei.

Fugaku trains you with a rigorous yet graspable regime. His instructions are methodical, suited perfectly to the pace you and Itachi can go at. He does not waste time with things you already understand and concepts you already grasp; but he does not skip ahead to lessons beyond your comprehension either.

Mind and body are yet another duality that exists in the world, according to your clan head. Like heaven and earth or light and darkness, he even poetically waxes when he gets into a particular mood.

It is one's physical energy as well as spiritual that works together to form chakra. So your clan head makes you work for both.

He teaches you ninjutsu at a steady pace, showing you how to change the nature of your chakra. Progress is slow at first; you simply cannot learn this by watching with your eyes. This is something you have to learn on your own.

So you do. You practice the Campfire Technique your clan head shows you, eventually becoming capable of producing your own spark of fire.

Itachi began his own training months before you; as such, you fall behind him and his longer legs in the first days of pushing your own to the limits. It doesn't really bother you much; Itachi is no vain, prancing braggadocio, and you yourself are a lather laid back runt.

Chakra allows you to jump from rooftop to rooftop, exploring the red and yellow tiled jungle that was Konoha.

Lord Fugaku gives you two tasks as part of your physical conditioning. He gives you a location to get to, and instructs you to figure out the most convenient route to do so.

The tasks have you running back and forth and learning the layout of the village. Konoha is much larger than you ever imagined.

There's always something new to see; something new to find. There are boundaries and restrictions placed in certain areas, and you gradually learn the limits of where you could, and couldn't tread.

Shisui joins you sometimes for training, though he's at a completely different level from you and Itachi. Other times, he drops in just to hang out.

[​IMG]

#ThreeMusketeers

He laughs and soars across three rooftops at once, walking atop the thin edge of a clothesline with his arms stretched around. You have a strange thought that he sort of looks like a crow; his hair like feathers and his smile like the wicked curve of a beak.

"Showoff," Itachi grumbles. Then he attempts to do the same, and you naturally follow.

You end up on the ground with a pair of frilly pink panties on your head. Itachi sits opposite to you, wrapped up in a towel.

A girl screams from the windows, and the two of you immediately dash across the streets and into a different alley; Lord Fugaku's route planning lessons come to your aid.

"The Uchiha are an old clan," Lord Fugaku says while you do your warm-ups. "We've lived through centuries of war; watching, learning and winning. And that, is the basis of what you will learn from my tutelage."

Your crimson eyes watch and learn as your clan head fights a copy of himself- a rather elusive solid clone technique he says you've got a while yet to learn. The two ninja move in utter synchronisation, sharingan copying sharingan. Their fists met blow for blow, redirecting the oter's attacks and pressing to take advantage.

Sekkendou.

The way of the intercepting fist. The Uchiha clan's ambiguous taijutsu.

There are usually a certain number of movements a taijutsu style can posses, but the Sekkendou has no such limit. It isn't a style at all, one could say- just a collection of the nearly hundred forms the Uchiha have stolen and passed down over time.

It can teach you every possible way to attack, provided you're capable of learning them. It teaches you how to counter different taijutsu moves.

Lord Fugaku shows you a set of the most commonly used attacks. In quick succession, he shows you the flaws in each and every one of those moves- and how to exploit them. He shows you the correct ways to place your feet and the proper technique to throw the most damaging punch.

You watch, and you learn. Your eyes spin slowly, converting the visual image into muscle memory, allowing you to move with perfection- or as much of it you can muster.

The constant exercise and the training you undergo toughens your body. It is a distinct, quantifiable change.

You pivot your foot on the ground and shift your weight as you throw a punch. It cuts through the air and strikes the abused trunk of a sturdy tree, adding yet another dent in the surface.

He grows. Good.

Lord Fugaku merely watches, dark eyes glinting in approval.

You have a few days of downtime after your fourth consecutive week of training.

Nee-chan snores softly from the sofa, having fallen asleep there while studying. You cover her with a sheet. The autumn weather in the Land of Fire is still rather hot, but it could get chilly at nights. Nothing to warrant a triple-layered blanket though.

Nee-chan wiggles like a caterpillar till she's huddled snugly beneath the covers.

You shake your head and move to your own room.

You've got no training tomorrow. Nothing sore and hurting all day... that sounds surprisingly appealing.

How will you spend your day tomorrow?

Choose One. Each has specific events tied in.

[ ] Hang out with Itachi at his home. Shisui would probably cut class and drop by too, later. The three of you usually have interesting times..."I think it broke..."
    [ ] Maybe you could walk Nee-chan to the Academy? You'd then go to mooch off Itachi's fridge later. Give it back!

[ ] Laze around at home till the afternoon, after which you'll visit the clan head's house anyway.Do I...know you?

[ ] Visit the war memorial...He talks to the empty air.
    [ ] Roam Konoha on your own for the morning. What could possibly go wrong? Everything.

You gained +2 exp in genjutsu from watching the cat. Someone roll a 2d10.

You gained +3 exp in taijutsu from watching your clan head practice. Someone roll a 3d10.

Standard Leaf style
    assimilated into the broader category- Interceptor Fist.

Sekkendou, or the Interceptor Fist is fan made as far as I know. I like the name and concept though, so I'll be using it.

You learned the D-Rank Jutsu: Campfire Technique. A common jutsu capable of generating sparks of flame, just enough to get a fire going on a pile of leaves. Used by the Uchiha to ease their children into learning Fire Release.

Running - Dreadful (6/50) 》Worthless (36/50)

Ninjutsu - Dreadful (6/10) 》Worthless (28/50)
    Taijutsu - Worthless (28/50) 》Novice (24/100)
    Chakra Control - Novice (16/100) 》Novice (39/100)

??? (1/2) New Developing Trait
    Failure of your rescue attempt has pushed back Cat Summon shenanigans. Fear not, for it is but a minor delay...

I'll change a few details to incorporate the summons in the story. The big cat monster mentioned in this chapter is a canon character.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  21. Plotvitalnpc

[X] Maybe you could walk Nee-chan to the academy? You'll mooch off Itachi's fridge later."Give it back!"
    Plotvitalnpc rolled 2 die of 10 faces, total: 11
    For: Illusory Deece
    Rolled on: May-29-2016, 08:05pm

Epsilon likes this.
  22. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

[X] Hang out with Itachi at his home. Shisui would probably cut class and drop by too, later. The three of you usually have interesting times..."I think it broke..."

Haha boy's being boys huh, wnat Hibiki to become really close with Itachi and Shisui
    Leekz01 rolled 2 die of 10 faces, total: 2
    For: Taijustu
    Rolled on: May-29-2016, 08:11pm

wow those rolls suck!
    Leekz01 rolled 1 die of 10 faces, total: 9
    For: Taijustu
    Rolled on: May-29-2016, 08:13pm

Epsilon likes this.
  23. Epsilon

Sorry for the late update. I've got exams going, and lost the initial draft for the chapter...

I'll try updating once every week at least, till exams finish.

I've been feeling antsy while studying, so I took to doing some good old doodling to take my mind off things. Here ya go.
    [​IMG]
    Tried to keep it similar to the pic on char page.

prandom, Pipeman and Leekz01 like this.
  24. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

oops was supposed to be a 3d10

25. Plotvitalnpc

At least there was one more to do.

26. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

I find it weird we both ended up with 11 total LOL! (Double crit)

27. Epsilon

Training rolls don't crit though, as I just add a set value.

Double crits are in situations/checks.

28. Plotvitalnpc

Japanese word I think would make a nicegood name:
    Hakka. The old fashioned name for mint (flavor, leaves, plants, candies) in Japan, now used only in a botanical sense because of loanwords.

Epsilon likes this.
  29. Silver719

[x] Maybe you could walk Nee-chan to the Academy? You'd then go to mooch off Itachi's fridge later. Give it back!

Hey, do we also get XP to plan out for training?

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  30. Leekz01

Leekz01 Well worn.

I know that it was just a little ironic humor that all. just wanted to say that since we both ended up with the same amount of points. ;)

Epsilon and Plotvitalnpc like this.