1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

Well, duh. All of MIO's sleep-deprived, chakra-exhausted behind will be firmly offered to her on a platter.

EDIT: Ninja'd while I was remembering synonyms to the word "to hand".

Winged One, 1986ctcel and Splodge like this.
  2. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

We're gonna get our shit kicked in regardless.

3. Splodge

Splodge Not too sore, are you?

Well, on the plus side, from a meta point of view this may turn out to be a huge confidence booster for Hinata.

Of course, I fully expect the asshole elders will kick our shit in for letting our shit get kicked in. They're dicks like that.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Jax, EvaUnit01, tenchifew and 3 others like this.
  4. Mokou

Mokou Muse in charge! Moderator

[X] Aw shit, did you get your trainee-goon/stylist (you're STILL loving the loud look) suckerpunched there? That's the sort of stuff that might make him not share his next big idea on how to be the center of attention - can't have that.
    -[X] Go wake Naruto back up for class, apologize... and then you're pretty sure that bell was the class bell, wasn't it? Time to go sleep and mull your inspiration over.

5. tenchifew

tenchifew Well worn.

That's the idea.
    Let her get it out of her system.

6. angelofwhim

angelofwhim Experienced.

Just trying to get Hinata to BEFRIEND us.

LordVile and Ψυχή like this.
  7. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

With any luck this will blossom into genuine blazing hatred on Hinata's part. Why be friends when we can be mortal enemies instead?

LordVile, Adyen and Xicree like this.
  8. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

We already have too many mortal threats. Or did you forget Itachi, our fuckwad Elders, and the ninja lifestyle?

Jax, Nanimani, Candesce and 3 others like this.
  9. mc2rpg

None of those are mortal enemies from within our peer group and thus do not count for this. Some day if everything goes right Hinata will attempt to strike us down. She will fail of course, and flee the village as a traitor. Her hatred will grow over how we stole Naruto and ruined her life. Then when she has grown stronger and the time is right she will return to finish the murderous job she started!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Xicree likes this.
  10. D-san

D-san I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] "Oops." Shrug apologetically. Maybe you can talk this out?

11. Splodge

Splodge Not too sore, are you?

*Whaps mc2rpg across the nose with a rolled up newspaper*

NO! Bad!

In all seriousness, whilst I think getting pasted by Hinata is pretty much inevitable here whatever we do, I do wish people weren't voting for what amounts to giving her a free shot.

12. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

While I doubt it'd go as far as outright hatred both Mio and Hinata could use peers who not only challenge each other but push one another to be better. I can see them working as either friends or rivals. They'd be good for each other.

13. mc2rpg

Don't worry, Mio won't have any hatred for Hinata at all, and probably won't acknowledge the truth of Hinata's soul-crushing rage. Therefore it is ok!

Koled likes this.
  14. Zum

Zum Philosopher to The End

[X] Pick up a student and throw them at another student. "Riot!"
    -[X] "First knock out may have gone to you Hyuuga-chan, but I the great MIO will not be outdone!!"

Edit: changing to the write-in by Winged One

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  15. akuma123

akuma123 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Pick up a student and throw them at another student. "Riot!"

16. ```

``` Versed in the lewd.

These kinda ideas pop up a lot in media that involve martial arts, but in fact, in elite athletic programs, drilling technique to failure is not best practices, because you will be encoding wrong movement engrams. It's all about maximizing neural drive; drilling while tired simply means you're teaching your body to move like its tired even when you're fresh in a real match. Periodization is key.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    Jax, Nanimani, Zum and 6 others like this.
  17. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Drilling while tired, however, *is* good training for both the willpower to push yourself to your limits, and the techniques to compensate for it when you do so that you can maintain at least *some* level of effectiveness. Perhaps more importantly, it tells you where your limits are, so you can plan around them - if you know that you're about to hit a wall, and you know about how much it's going to take out of you, you can deal with it better than if it just hits you. If you can do an all-nighter one night, be functional the next day, and then eke out a third day with four hours of sleep, but you *need* those four hours of sleep... that's pertinent information.

Not saying that that's why she's doing it, or that it makes what she's doing a good idea. Just saying that there are circumstances where driving yourself to exhaustion and continuing to push yourself can be useful from a training standpoint.

Bobs Beard likes this.
  18. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

That irrelevant to what you quoted though.
    Yep.

I sure thought was the communicated point of my earlier post - that is, asserting that there was some form of constructive merit to the thing MIO'd been confirmed as doing (exhausted practice) rather than remotely attempting to assert it as some sort of best practice method - but apparently not (disclaimer; this is not an assertion that this was your own stance).

Who would have thought that nuance would be easily missed/lost when discussing things on the internet - surely I am as shocked as could be!

DarkLight140 likes this.
  19. mariuswinter

mariuswinter Getting sticky.

[X] Aw shit, did you get your trainee-goon/stylist (you're STILL loving the loud look) suckerpunched there? That's the sort of stuff that might make him not share his next big idea on how to be the center of attention - can't have that.
    -[X] Go wake Naruto back up for class, apologize... and then you're pretty sure that bell was the class bell, wasn't it? Time to go sleep and mull your inspiration over.

20. Tackyseven

Tackyseven I trust you know where the happy button is?

holy shit...!
    translation: you are within the field of my divination

21. RoninSword

RoninSword Sky God

So Mio always has the Sharingan actiavted? Unless specified otherwise? And she has regular photographic memory when its not activated, but doesn't have the crystal clear quality of the Sharingan, so she gets confused and thinks her non Sharingan memory is playing tricks on her.

Useful insight into the nature of chakra. I have a feeling that Gai is doing something a lot more subtle that just holding vented chakra and manipulating it, but I have no extra ideas.

Edit: Also, I feel like is good for Hinata. It shows people that she does have what it takes to stand up for herself. WIth that in mind, shouldn't this vote include something about her?

22. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

[x] Point at Hinata accusingly. "How dare you attack my stylist like that!"
    -[x] Pick someone out of the crowd and order them to get Naruto medical attention, then kawarimi with them when Hinata attacks.

23. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

[X] "Oops." Shrug apologetically. Maybe you can talk this out?

24. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] "Oops." Shrug apologetically.
    -[X] Pick up a student and throw them at another student. "Riot!"

Ψυχή likes this.
  25. Ares20

Ares20 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I would just like to say to everyone who is voting oops, that Hinata is quite possibly more angry than she has ever been and for the first time in her life likely has a strong desire to hurt a ***** (who just so happens to be Mio.) I don't think saying oops is going to help Mio get out of this without getting her chakra network locked down painfully.

Also, if Mio loses it is probable that the Elders will punish her painfully.

So I think we need to find someway to either escape this situation (i.e. retreat without it looking like we ran), defeat Hinata (unlikely in Mio's current state), somehow fight to a draw (unlikely but not as much as beating Hinata), or maybe somehow getting the teachers attention in a way that stops Hinata pummeling Mio without it looking bad for Mio (because ultimately if this situation has Mio looking bad then the Elders will make her feel it for making the Uchiha look bad.)

Tackyseven and Winged One like this.
  26. Zum

On the other hand if Hinata fights us, and wins, then that might help quite a lot with her confidence, and her own home life, though probably at the expense of ours, to be fair however I feel the Elders punishing us is not so much a deterant as it is a challenge, because fuck those guys.

That said if we do end up fighting Hinata, whether we win or lose, I'd like this to motivate us into bugging her more often, after all a friendly rivalry could probably do the both of us some good, and with the way she acted about him we could motivate her by involving Naruto in our schemes, after all with Mio being rather over the top we could use a "voice of reason" type to ground us, a bonus if the interaction with us turns her into a snarky straight man type.

Also as a side note, and I'm not sure if it's been said before, but I totally want us to get good at genjutsu/henge so we can be all like "You thought it was X, but it was I Mio!" to those we mess with.

Jax, Candesce, Winged One and 2 others like this.
  27. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

As far as I can tell, we just completely destroyed our relationship with Hinata, convincing her that we are exactly as much of a preening, empathy-impaired douchebag as our appearance and mannerisms imply. This is the "Todd finding out about what Bojack Horseman did to his rock opera" of Twisted Pinwheel.

28. DuskAtDawn

DuskAtDawn Of the Thousand Faces

Can we please just let this quest go to sleep for a while, until Chibi feels like updating again? It's been a month since the last story update, and most of the people who voted aren't going to change their votes this late into it, however valid your arguments might be.

mc2rpg likes this.
  29. Zum

Right now we don't really have a relationship with Hinata, as far as I remember, at least other than as classmates, this is like the first time we've interacted with her, and it's not like what happened is at blood feud level or anything. This seems more like just a minor scuffle in a combat(assasin) academy, fights like this are probably a dime a dozen for one reason or another.
    Honestly all that's happened so far is that we were doing something rather risky, Hinata told us to stop, we rudely told her to make us, we fight a bit, naruto gets hit and ko'ed, and now here we are, probably about to say something "smart" and rub in some salt.

Now I fully expect her not to like us after this, and she might start going out of her way to get in ours, at least initially, but I doubt we are going to stop hanging out with Naruto, so at some point we'll have to have some manner of recnociliation. Also when/if she beats us I imagine our pride would not let us ignore her from then on, so I could see us developing a Gai-Kakashi sort of thing.

30. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

Actually, there is one possible way to salvage the possibility of Hinata not hating us, and also not get us tortured. It would give MIO a hidden serious side, though.

[] Shout for a medic-nin to take care of your minion. This fight is a draw. If any adults ask questions, this was a training accident.

Jax, EvaUnit01, Ares20 and 1 other person like this.