1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Haven't got to 2 yet or the prequel sequel.

2. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

Aiming? Wot'z dat?

3. OverReactionGuy

BRICK SMASH?!

4. cross_grave

SLATHER MY PECS TO A SHEEN AND BURN MY EYES OUT WITH THEIR BRIGHTNESS!

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  5. Nerx

Nerx HOORNGH!

Kazunoko is an amazing FGC champ

6. CptTagon

CptTagon Prolific Writer

Some excellent news about Epic Battle Fantasy 5, one of my most anticipated games (because my computer can actually play it).

Malcolmo and Evillevi like this.
  7. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

New gameplay of Sekiro featuring a boss fight towards the end.

8. Lady Vanatos

Oh how I missed you Dante:

Fenrisfir and Imabot like this.
  9. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

Finally something we can agree on!

Now hopefully Nero plays well too. Although apparently they are putting the motorbike weapon behind the "Deluxe" edition, so I'm admittedly annoyed about that.

10. Lady Vanatos

I got some Nero gameplay for ya right here, you filthy heretic!:

11. BrokenAscendent

Oh I actually saw that, but I'm more concerned that all arm functions will get stuck to one button.

Nero in DMC4 kinda got boring to play eventually because all the arm grabs were just one button.

12. Lady Vanatos

Ahh I know what you mean. It did get a bit overly repetitive in that sense.

13. cross_grave

...Alastor? Is that you?

14. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Also, aren't the fire gauntlets/greaves he used Ifrit ?

15. cross_grave

They seem to be, honestly. Those deep roars when he uses them might be him.

Hot damn, it'd be amazing if that's the case.

16. Lady Vanatos

17. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

No, Ifrit was just the gauntlets.

Although he could set his feet on fire and kick people with them, Ifrit didn't have greaves.

18. cross_grave

Who knows, maybe he found a way to alter it's shape?

Lord knows Dante has grown a lot in power over the years.

19. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Could be gilgamesh.

20. cross_grave

Nah, Gil's design and effects were different.

Also, it appears the boss may not be Alastor after all. Shame.

21. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Devil May Cry 5 will have a microtransactions. Sadly this means I'll not be buying this game unless this is removed. How many of you feel the same?

aquinas, korat56 and wayne82444 like this.
  22. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

23. wayne82444

wayne82444 Experienced.

For me it depends on the scope of the micro transactions. If they are just cosmetic things, like new outfits for the characters I can ignore them easy. On the otherhand when they effect gameplay? That is a giant no to me. So things like getting a new character who should have been in the game from the start from DLC, having to buy a difficulty option, or needing to pay for an extra save slot are game killers. Smaller things like getting more exp or money from grinding I'm a bit in between on. It really comes down to does it feel like the need to grind was made worse so people would buy the micro transaction or not.

And if you can't tell I'm talking in general for games, not for DMC 5 in specific. Likely won't play DMC 5 anyway, since the series just never really drew me in.

24. BrokenAscendent

I'll have to see how invasive it is.

Considering they already locked dante's motorbike weapon behind the 'deluxe' edition, I don't have high hopes.

Damnit capcom.

25. Teln

Teln Pweeease?

26. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

"greatest"???

They sold one of the buggiest engines on the market and never did anything new.

UnthinkingWisdom, Jiven and korat56 like this.
  27. aquinas

aquinas I trust you know where the happy button is?

...and the people responsible for their greatest success were working against the direct instructions of management, and were so alienated that they immediately buggered off to found Campo Santo and Night School Studio.

Good Riddence to Bad Rubbish... Still feel sorry for the dude who moved cross country for the job last week though.

UnthinkingWisdom, Jiven and vyor like this.
  28. OverReactionGuy

Btw, season 15 of diablo three started.

It's double bounty rewards which is actually pretty good since GETTING THOSE MATS IS ANNOYING!

Check it out if you want or not. I haven't yet.

29. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

Sooooooo I recently played through Andromeda.

I know what you're thinking. "Boom why would you do that to yourself!?"

Because it was free, and I wanted to see the trainwreck.

So, here's my review.

THE GOOD STUFF:

-Sometimes the writing is actually pretty nice. I played through as Sara and got adorable lesbianism with Suvi. I mean, if you only have 20K colonists per species then sending people who are unlikely to reproduce is... yeah...
    -The biotics are fucking fun, if broken at high levels. Individual cooldowns a la ME1 were great, but the loss of the power wheel and weapon wheel was kinda irritating.
    -The Nomad doesn't suck total ass to drive, unlike my expectations when I learned the Mako 2.0 had arrived. It's actually pretty fun.
    -The gunplay isn't bad.
    -You have allies sometimes! Like, beyond your crew. They're normally useless, but eh.

THE MEH STUFF:
    -The galaxy map is annoying. Time and slow panning. ME3 got past the slow pan with the visual of the ship moving, which made you feel like you were doing more than just waiting for shit to move.
    -Sometimes the dialogue delivery is... less than stellar. Just reading the script. It's like playing through as MShep, except everyone.
    -Pointless questions and content. "What gender is Shepard?" Nothing is ever said about Shepard, and I only caught a throwaway line about David Anderson from checking the wiki. After a long and tedius mission.

THE BAD STUFF: And now I break out the actual fucking bullet points.
    1. The Kett. The Kett are about as interesting overall as a particularly fascinating fungus. Let's go over why:
      1. "Your dudes are now our dudes!" yeah, Reapers did it first.
      2. The Kett motivation is portrayed as religious extremism, basically. They are 'masters of genetics' that 'exalt' species into more Kett. THey do this because they... can't reproduce otherwise. Wat? Cloning? You can mutate one species on the genetic level into another in about ten seconds, why not mutate yourself some junk? Oh, right. Religious.
      3. Why not just a religious empire that annihilates heretics, if that's what you're going for? Why does the 'Exaltation' thing matter?
      4. They have no names, only titles. 'The Archon', 'The Primus', yadda yadda. Why? Never mentioned. Harbinger, Sovreign, at least they had names.
    2. Remnant annoy me.
      1. The Forerunn- Remnant. The Remnant are basically forerunners. Inscrutable language, only a human and AI together can work the shit, robots the only thing left, a shield world. They're just straight-up Forerunners.
      2. Their guns break the game, as they have infinite ammo.
      3. They apparently created the local Heleus Cluster civilization. THe one. Like, part of ME's charm was the variety of races. All we see are two new races- the Kett and the Angara. And the Angara are basically what you get if you smoosh the Asari, Turians, and Salarians together.
    3. Overall stuff:
      1. "What a Tweest!" Startling revelation after revelation. See, the ME games all built up to one big, climactic revelation. First was Sovreign being a sentient starship/ The Reapers, second was how a Reaper is made, and third was the purpose of the Reapers. Each one occured after buildup.
      2. Tann, acting director of the Initiative, basically exists to go "Don't do that!... Oh, I was wrong." Over. And. Over. Again.
      3. Animation, framerate issues. Odd glitches.
      4. They drop stuff on you at the last minute. "The Salarian pathfinder is under attack! Oh also some of this guy's scouts you had no reason to know about are here. SAVE ONE OOOOO~"
      5. Boss fights drag on more than they should. Health and timegates. Blergh.
      6. They push some characters as 'the new X'. Veetra is the 'New Garrus'. Drack is the 'New Wrex', so on and so forth.
      7. There's other shit, but I can't really be arsed to think of any more.
      8. They sent *fucking Krogan* as part of the first wave of colonists so that they could establish a beachead. KROGAN. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING. HEY, LET'S SEND A NOTABLY VIOLENCE-PRONE SPECIES INTO UNKNOWN TERRITORY TO DO A DELICATE OPERATION. NOTHING CAN GO WRONG.
    Overall, I can only really say that the sole reason I'm not incredibly disappointed with the game is that I got it for free. And at that, I'm mildly disappointed. There's so much to it that just needed that little bit of effort at the ground level to make it really good. But the story is weak, the glitches make it worse, and I only really ended up caring about, uh...

...Wow. Now that I think about it, I really didn't care about anyone.

30. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

So, ladies and gents, I've found this place via Frozen in Carbonite, and I'll say this is an interesting place.

Anyway, I've been one of the backers of the game Iron Harvest.

Trailers

... and the first game I've ever played with commentary... been playing it off and on but with the new update coming out soon I'll have to get back into the swing of things...