1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ancalador

Ancalador Know what you're doing yet?

There's nothing that indicates that there is only one person attacking. It could be Flash and Wonder Woman (and a half dozen others we haven't encountered yet).

2. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Well, he wants the demon earth not to have another earth size resource pool to use potentially against him.

Also assisting them with a demon incursion may convince them that an invasion of earth 16 would be more trouble than it's worth.

ChestBurster and Rebu like this.
  3. Agumentic

Agumentic Not too sore, are you?

Jokes about favourable references in the House of Commons aside, no one would actually benefit if Nazi Earth got conquered by demons.

ChestBurster, DAT_NOOB, PDV and 5 others like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, it should say 'her' like the Story Only one I actually corrected. Thank you.

5. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I thought it should say 'his' because that is referring to Atom Man. The one being attacked is Atom Man, making the attacker, 'his attacker'. Right?

6. Mr Zoat

Um.

Let me just read my own story properly for a moment...

7. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

My point is that most Germans who had a "von" title didn't just drop it. Some might have after the first world war, but the Nazi regime wasn't specifically associated with nobility (beyond the ever present alliance between conservative elite and reactionary populists) and there already were nothing but ancestry remembrance and bragging rights attached to any noble title by law.

8. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

If this is WW does this mean that Thymiscera is still standing?

So that means magic users!

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  9. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

First, this may be Wonder Woman from Demon Earth. Second, Earth 10's Themyscira lost their beloved princess after she left for Man's World, so why would they ever help the Nazis?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Also, Themyscirans aren't really magic users.

They're blessed by gods but most of them don't really practice magic.

At most there may be some demigods there along with some blessed priests.

11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

No, Zoat's depiction of the Amazons of Earth-16 aren't into magic.

On the Doylist level Zoat has a predilection for uniformity between dimensions, sure and an odd desire for useless Amazons since when it comes to innate powers, magic, and high technology DC's Amazons usually have at least two out of those three, if not all three, and Zoat gave them zilch zip nil donut hole, but on the Watsonian level we have no reason to assume the two Amazon nations are the same

12. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

What do we know about JLU Amazons tech/magic wise?

Doccer likes this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They didn't have advanced technology and didn't really use magic, though they had some knowledge of it and could use it but generally didn't seem to.

Cuchulin likes this.
  14. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Merry Christmas Zoat, and erryone else

15. Silveraith

Silveraith Argent Phantasm

Built.

16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

17. Threadmarks: Krummkreuz (part 6)
    Mr Zoat

16th September 2012
    21:50 GMT +1

I think I hit, but my target doesn't appear to react. Tough and fast; that doesn't narrow it down as much as I'd like. Mary Bromfield could do that. Is the Demon Earth version old enough to have fought in World War Two? Is the Nazi Earth version?

"Hold-"

I create a cold gun construct.

"-your-"

Ms. Brauer lunges as the red blur returns but isn't quite quick enough, getting punched in the stomach and knocked into-. Through the wall of one of the houses lining the street.

"-position."

Cold beams fire, creating cold fields across the street in several places. That would stop a pure speedster, but-

Atom Man fires a barrage of low-intensity laser shots along our target's potential path. Very few people can dodge lasers at this range, but someone moving fast enough can be evasive enough to defy an attacker's predictions. He's avoiding hitting the areas I've marked, and as Ms. Brauer pulls herself out of the rubble she braces herself rather than chasing the red blur down.

-someone with enhanced toughness could power through.

Why isn't she flying more? Okay, the buildings provide concealment and cover, but neither Atom Man nor I are hard to spot, and Ms. Brauer can't fly. Why-?

"Weak."

The blur leaps over-

Crumbler round while she's in the air and moving in a predictable arc, strikes with no apparent effect.

-a cold field and dashes past Ms. Brauer, punching her in the face hard enough to make her reel as she goes. Ms. Brauer jerks back, but that's nothing like the level of force needed to do her lasting damage.

Grappling is how you win superstrength fights. So either the attacker isn't very good, or they're not aiming to achieve a swift victory. Which means that they're going to hit Ms. Brauer again which means I need to prepare the cold-.

The blur comes back and I'm firing, cold fields springing up in a square around Ms. Brauer. The blur doesn't hesitate or flinch, they punch Ms. Brauer in the throat and the frost flashes over their armour.

I wish I could be surprised that it's a Diana.

Helmet with metal horns. I don't recognise it as an arcane artefact, so it might just be normal metal? Her eyes are glowing but she doesn't have the signature cheek cuts of the other demon-altered superpeople. Does she..? Regenerate it? Is she too tough? I'd have thought that a demigoddess like her would be able to keep herself free of the demonic influence, but I… Guess not. The costume's a little different as well, a little less 'W' and a little more skully. Still got the bracers though so I'm not going to risk an angel feather round-.

Atom Man fires at full power, apparently not having read-. She, she can block it, but that-.

Ms. Brauer tackles her from behind, trying to pull her arms away to let the laser hit home. I usually describe Danner-enhanciles as 'Wonder Woman equivalent' and she's got the leverage, but that armour doesn't just provide piercing protection. It's a magic artefact which provides protection at least partially through conceptual manipulation. Demon Wonder Woman has to put a little effort into it, but she can keep blocking and with Ms. Brauer grappling her I can't just shoot her from behind. I fly away anyway, trying to get-.

Wonder Woman flies upwards, Atom Man's beam burning the brick behind her for a second before he deactivates it and switches back into pulse mode.

"You know her?"

"A version of her."

People forget how fast Diana can move when she wants to. I forget.

"What else can she do?"

Ugh. Do I fully commit? I like Ms. Brauer and I need the-. The Nazis to win. If it was Atom Man and the Baroness I might well leave them to it, but-.

"Breathe water, and she usually has an unbreakable lasso."

Wonder Woman is hurtling around the skies, skimming the buildings to ram Ms. Brauer into roofs and walls in an attempt to scrape her off. Ms. Brauer is trying to get a grip on Wonder Woman's throat and is gamely doing her best to ignore the brick dust being scoured into her eyes with each impact.

The disadvantage of one party having flight while the other doesn't: Ms. Brauer can't stop Wonder Woman moving.

"Weaknesses?"

Atom Man is getting a few hits with his laser but between Wonder Woman's armour and general toughness she doesn't appear to be at all impaired.

"Not really."

Unless this version is affected by the 'bound by a man' thing, but that seems unlikely.

"Fine." His guns stop firing and retract into his armour, which then begins to glow. "Close quarters."

"That doesn't-."

He flies down, towards where Wonder Woman has ripped a lamp post out of the ground and is using the right angle to strike Ms. Brauer. She swings and the first hit strikes Ms. Brauer's left shoulder hard enough to pulverise any normal person's whole skeleton. Ms. Brauer takes it with a grimace and actually manages to get her right hand around Wonder Woman's neck-.

The next blow strikes her directly on the head and her grip falters and there's Atom Man! His right fist slams into the side of her face hard enough to-!

To.. turn her head very slightly.

She then uses her flight to do a horizontal spin, her right leg coming down on the top of his head and dropping him to the ground, her helmet glowing…

Hang on. Her armour's been recoloured, but it looks basically the same. The bracers are the same. No Lasso of Truth. Why is the helmet glowing?

"Weak."

Railgun. Mage slayer. Target that helmet.

Compliance.

A shot and she turns in a blur, bracers blocking my round, their magic draining doing absolutely nothing that I can see. I generate two more railguns and start peppering her with shots aimed at other parts of her body. She floats off the ground, dodging and blocking-.

I surround her with more cold fields as Ms. Brauer shakes off her concussion and gets her arm around Wonder Woman's throat.

"I think the helmet might be a weak point!"

"Oh?!"

"Maybe!"

Ms. Brauer uses her left hand to grasp one of the helmet's horns-.

And Wonder Woman turns and flies backwards into the cold field no!

It triggers immediately, frost covering both of them but… Mostly Ms. Brauer. She shudders and then stops moving-.

"Gerri!"

Atom Man lunges, grabbing Wonder Woman by the ankles in a blinding flash of green!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  18. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Since it's Atom Man punching it should be 'His right fist'

Cuchulin, Doccer, Chaoswind and 4 others like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'hit it'

Not sure why her age would matter in this, or why her fighting in WWII would.

Ehh, depending on how the timeline went in Earth 10, it's possible.

Now I'm picturing that actually working.

Actually, if she has some of that weird conceptual shit that New Gods have, then close quarters combat may work.

Ohh, so that's how she's been corrupted.

20. inck

inck Getting out there.

wonder if constantine will have a demonic doppelgänger from the demon-infested earth

Cuchulin, ChestBurster and Relyt33 like this.
  21. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

The joy of DC having so many fast flying bricks, male and female. Without getting a good look, there's no way to place them. And even that might not help if they're in an alternate costume...

Ooh, good idea. Taking a leaf out of Captain Cold's playbook for fighting speedsters: Turn the area into a minefield of invisible snap-freezing bubbles...

Yeah, she's at a disadvantage here. Since the Danner powerset doesn't include flight, or at least some kind of momentum-cancelling ability, she'll be getting knocked around like a pinball...

I hope the others saw where you placed them, I doubt Atom Man's armour will protect him from the cold that well, and Donner may be tough, but I don't think that covers the cold.

Or someone fast but heavy. Like a human cannonball.

Because she wants to keep getting in close. And when the enemy has guns, you know what fliers are? Skeet.

Magical defences? Definitely pointing towards Wonder Woman-Hell. The Bracers could probably tank a Crumbler hit undamaged.

Though depending on how tough your opponent is, joint-locks might not cause all that much pain. And if they don't need to breathe? There's not going to be any way to KO them with a sleeper hold or the like.

Welp, hardly a surprise. The only real surprise is that they threw her away on this suicide mission... Unless she's expected to accomplish something major, even if she dies doing it..

Honestly, she's the most normal-looking person on the cover of that issue... Besides the head of hair that would make Lelith Hesperax go 'dayum, girl!'

Yeah, while Atom Man might be willing to take the shot, I doubt he'll be so tolerant of you trying the same, however hypocritical that may be.

Well, kind of. Joy of alternate universes, especially with differing power levels. No way to know whether the tricks you know will beat your version of a person will work on a different one.

Those divine blessing do usually include 'speed of the wind', if memory serves me correctly. Usually from Hermes, so it's the good stuff..

And you never know if they might have to fight your Wonder Woman someday...

Fortunately, she either doesn't have it here, or simply doesn't feel the need to use it. The former is more likely, though, given her demonic corruption.

And even if she can get a solid enough grip to get a strong, binding hold of Diana-Hell while she's aloft, the latter can simply crash into the ground, with Donner in the middle, as she's been doing...

Hey, never dismiss the possibility, DC continuity is weird sometimes. Like the time she lost her super-powers, and became a retail store owner-cum-vigilante-cum-secret agent. ...The late 60's was a crazy time. :rolleyes:

Eh, let him go get himself pulled apart. Probably not like he's the first Atom Man, and probably won't be the last. After all, power armour with kryptonite lasers? I doubt the suit's ever been unoccupied for long.

Oh, yeah. Demonically-enhanced durability. To be fair, on Donner, that might have been enough to knock her out, but in this case... "All that for a drop of blood?"

...Ah. Looks like Rakkar needed a little extra mojo to turn her. Probably made a deal with the Hellenic daemon you linked above to break through her Olympian protections.

Yes, shoot the obvious glowing weak point! :confused: ...No, seriously.

Well, crap. No wonder she just lets the weak point hang out like that, if she's got defences that good...

Well, safe to try getting it off of her... Easier said than done, though...

At least try to sound a little more certain, OL? :D

:eek: ...Oops?

And that Danner toughness won't help much with instant hypothermia. Might stave off frostbite a little, but I get the feeling she'll need some downtime after this...

Welp, that could have gone better? At worst, their opponent used the battlefield to her advantage, even the traps set up by her foes. At best, that wasn't entirely intentional. I wonder how the Nazis will see it, though... Still, it might be that Diana here isn't corrupted in quite the same way as the other Earth-Hell supers. The way she reacted to the grab for the helmet... I'd say their control of her depends a lot on it, so maybe she's 'programmed' to be a lot more aggressive about protecting it. I guess we'll see, tomorrow?

So either the attacker isn't very good...
    'in a square', unless that's representing how rushed his thoughts are...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The formula may not protect against hypothermia.

Or it's becoming more difficult to control her and they want to get rid of her but still have her help them in their goals.

I also think she was trained in martial arts by a mystic martial artists whose brother helped create a Chinese Superman using some kind of chi magic in recent comics.

Judging by what was mentioned in the chapter, I'm guessing that due to her divine nature she can't be easily corrupted, so the helmet is there to make sure she us.

23. deimos16

deimos16 Paragon of Grey

While Paul faces the terrifying prospect of an evil Wonder Woman with only Nazis as allies, I would like to take this moment to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holidays!

24. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

Knowing John Odds are good he's either dead or Drunk but not corrupted.
    Also that this mess is at least in part his fault.

The one you need to worry about is if Thessaly makes an appearance.
    A sorceress who is in running with vandal savage for oldest human alive and Dreams Ex girlfirend
    yeah not good

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Same here!

Happy Holidays everybody!

26. Assblaster5000

Assblaster5000 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah yes, 'tis the holidays, isn't it? Hope you all have a wonderful Dies Natalis Invicti, Marry Christmas, or whichever festivities it is you celebrate everyone.

Yes, even you Vaermina.

27. ChestBurster

ChestBurster Getting sticky.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Gee, I do hope nothing bad happens to the Constantine man in Earth Hell.

I do wonder what happened to the Endless though. I hope Death just noped out of that mess.

Shh. Don't invoke that name here.

28. FourthPear

FourthPear Frequent Flier. Muted

Watching Nazis get punched in the face, what a wonderful Christmas present indeed.

29. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yay! He said it!
    Corrected.
    Others may include:
    Helpful?

Edit: I don't know why the lettering is all orange. They weren't that way when I posted it. And now they are orange when I tried to edit this.

30. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

The helmet is reminding me of the one used by The Merciless in terms of how it functions, but that's Prime Earth so....

ChestBurster and Cuchulin like this.