1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DeathlessProficiency

DeathlessProficiency Know what you're doing yet?

Ah I fahkin' love this. This is the sheet. Don't we all just needa lil' boozin' 'n talk therahpy from our more fortunate parallel universe altah egos

Yah.

2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

A DC therapy session: "Here is another you to talk to"

3. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

She debuted in 1998, so presuming that it happened on Earth-12/50 when the episode came out, then she'd be 7 years older here, so yes, early twenties.

Presuming.

4. Tien Cloudwatch

Tien Cloudwatch Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I've been reading this story without commenting for a while, and I just want to say how incredible it is you've updated every day without fail the whole time I've been following this story. Reading it has become a part of my morning routine.

True Ninja, WargWolf, c3qo and 14 others like this.
  5. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

I have been following this story for at least five years and I can only think of two occasions where Zoat failed to post. Both times were when he was dealing with ban nonsense.

Dude is dedicated.

6. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I could have sworn that there was one time where real life stuff blocked it.

DAT_NOOB and Bramble Thorn like this.
  7. AverusBlack

AverusBlack AKA Aisling

Oh yes, you're quite right. I forgot about that. But still! Three times in several years is rather impressive.

DAT_NOOB, Cuchulin and Buggy123 like this.
  8. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Internet trouble at his parents house, where he was house sitting while they were on vacation or something? Or it was at his house, and he eventually went his folks house to post until someone could figure out what was wrong with his connect? Cannot remember the details, but the streak was broken, yes.

DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

And he made up the gap by posting two chapters: the one he missed that day, and the actual chapter for the day.

(BTW, folks: Did you know you can change your title? If you've made a couple of posts, you can look under Personal Details on your account to change it there. I hope to see more custom taglines, folks! Been seeing so many sex jokes under folks - so many 'Know what you're doing yet's and 'Not too sore are you?'.)

10. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I remember, it was thanks to his sister's husband (I think) that the internet problem was resolved and we got the chapters. Those were a hard couple of days, I was having a cold sweat and everything at the end, just like withdrawal.

First thing I did when I could. It was kind of embarrassing having that "your first time is always over so quickly" thing below my name.

DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  11. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Maybe Paul should've got a green ring?

Prince Charon likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: Guys from Gotham (supplementary, Renegade option)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

2nd January 2005
    09:56 GMT -6

I glance over to the partially-concealed table where the Guys are having a muttered heart to heart. I actually know what the point of divergence was in their lives, more or less. Guy 16 once told me that he got straightened out by his brother… Before he knew about Mace's criminal sideline. From what I could tell, Guy 50 never had that conversation. Mace Gardner died a year or so early. The nearest Guy 50 had to something like that was joining up with an anti-Lords group while in prison.

Which explains why he's as aggrieved about the whole thing as he is. The military is what he latched onto after the Lords were taken down, and it gave his life structure and meaning. Now, they've kicked him out. Or… Maybe not, I suppose.

I frown at Kara. "So, if he's been released with charges rescinded, does he just show up back at his regiment, or is there some sort of process..?"

At this time of the morning we've got the hotel bar more or less to ourselves. The Guys got a couple of bottles of what appears to be the cheapest beer in the place. No idea why. Kara's got an orange juice while I was mildly pleased to find that they stock Shloer. I suppose the fact that Kansas was a dry state until 1948 might go some way to explaining that, but I've never encountered it outside of England.

"I.. imagine that they'll write him when someone up the chain of command has decided how they want to play it."

I nod and take a sip. There are actually a lot more grape-flavoured things in the United States than I remember there being in Britain. In artificially coloured food, purple means 'grape' here rather than 'black currant' like it did back home.

"How's Scott adapting to the ship?"

"Actually, they decided it would be better if Barda captained it." I nod. Makes sense. I'm not totally sure what Barda's domain is, but it's certainly more associated with violence than Scott's. "Did you know it was called the Absolute Dominion?"

"No, though that does sound like a name I'd give a ship." A big ship, anyway. It would be a bit farcical for a destroyer. "Does it have better crew quarters than the thanagarian ship you were using?"

She shakes her head. "The extra boom tubes are.. convenient, but I'm not going to live there."

"Why not?"

"Because I have a job. I'm a senior SHADE agent, and the agency is still trying to justify its existence. I need to stay visible on Earth."

"What's so great about SHADE?"

"They offer training in how to use super powers and how the law works. And if you're planning on bringing up the children-"

"It did cross my mind."

"-that was the army, and then Father Time personally. Most of SHADE had nothing to do with that. It's.. just a federal law enforcement agency that's responsible for overseeing people with super powers."

"Oh? We're setting something like that up in my parallel." I smile, leaning slightly closer. "We should compare notes."

She peers uncertainly at me. "Are you..? Look, are you actually interested in me, or are you just trying to wind me up again?"

"My admiration for you is entirely unfeigned. You possess all of the characteristics I find most attractive." Ah… "Well, the size difference could be a slight problem, but that aside I very much like what I see and hear."

"A-?" She looks away, blinking heavily and shaking her head. "I can't believe I'm having this conversation."

"Why is it such a surprise? The first time we met I asked you to marry me."

She shakes her head more vehemently, then frowns, looking at me. "Wait, I thought you said that was role-play?"

"A bit yes, a bit no. I enjoy being bombastic and assertive. I like being direct about what I want. Yes, I set myself up as a foe dishonestly, but I really enjoyed the chance to ham it up like that. I was having great fun right up until the nuke went off."

"It took Marvel two weeks before he could taste anything other than that.. spray!"

"And I'm sure that he's now learned to take precautions against scent weapons. He fought much better this time."

"Did Flash even really-." She cuts herself off, eyes widening. "Oh God. That was you."

"Well,-."

"I saw you speeding up when we fought. I thought that maybe you were using Sinestro's ring or you were just that fast. You have some way of giving people super speed, and you pretended it was from Flash."

"And what do you think my motive was?"

"Because you thought it would be fun to abuse her trust? To mock-" I shake my head. "-Flash's memory?"

"Neither John nor Shayera would have tolerated that. We thought that you needed a Flash."

"But why Eliza?"

"She seemed to fit the character profile required. Of course, we couldn't vet everyone… But I think we made a good choice. Does she know?"

"No."

"Are you going to tell her?"

Kara fidgets awkwardly. "I.. don't think so. I couldn't do that to her."

"I think that's the right choice, but I hope that having made it you'll be a little more understanding of Richard and myself."

"Oh no. This is not the same as what you did."

She's staring at me, the determination written clear on her face-.

"Are you getting turned on by this?"

"No, not.. turned on. It isn't sexual. But I do like the fact that you're confronting me like this. I respect the fact that you have clear moral beliefs. You know…" I lean a little closer. "I'm pretty sure that given enough time you could moderate my worse behavioural tendencies. If you were willing to put in the effort."

"What makes you think I'm single?"

"The fact that you haven't brought that up before. But if you tell me otherwise I'm happy to back off."

"And what about you? Too busy conquering the world?"

"I had an.. unfortunate misunderstanding which ended my last serious relationship. We're.. on reasonable terms now, but the relationship is very much over. The last woman I dated rather lost interest when… Well, she'd internalised her enemy's epistemology and might-makes-right ideals, When she realised that I wasn't interested in brute force conquest or unquestioningly supporting her political ambitions her ardour dimmed somewhat. I have female friends, employees, students… But I'm not dating any of them. And… Frankly, if I have to personally oversee every part of a campaign of conquest then I'm doing it wrong."

"What about your kids?"

"I.. wouldn't expect you to take on a maternal role you weren't prepared for. But I hope that if things go well, you'll come to consider them part of your family just as I do."

She looks away. "I can't believe that I'm even considering this."

"You'd be surprised how often I hear that."

"No I wouldn't."

"Oh, I think you would. Where would you like to go for our second date?"

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  13. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

Putting your shift to QQ to good use eh, Zoat?

14. Mr Zoat

What? She's covered in water.

15. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Sure she is.

Second date, to Krypton 16, or the Fortress of Solitude 16?

16. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

you know what as options go super girl is a good choice.

17. TotalAbsolutism

TotalAbsolutism Magnificent Bastard Moderator

Ah, I see, I see. My mistake then.
    I wonder if this exchange is him being intentionally ironic, because he doesn't actually hear it all that often?

18. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

It came from the whale's blowhole, judging by the dialogue.

19. Doc Sithicus

Doc Sithicus Not too sore, are you?

Chapters like this are the reason why Grayven-16 is my favourite character in this fiction.

20. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Then why is it so goopy? Unless it’s snot? Is a blow job just a nose (blowhole) cleaning service? Also, it mentions blowjobs, which I’m not sure are safe for this SFW section you’re posting in (probably is though, especially if it’s a blow job she’s being payed for, and not a blowjob.)

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  21. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

So his image of his father as a 'good guy' never got broken? Amazing what a small thing can do.

If they don't want him back, maybe he could be useful to Stormwatch...

Heh, he hasn't invested enough effort into Guy's companion level to see the 'why I drink shitty beer' scene. And should that brand name be capitalised? (Won't mark it as an error, just in case)

Don't forget packaging color differences. Like pinkish-violet meaning Salt and Vinegar in some brands, while others use green.

Ugh, good riddance to Grayven-50. Big ego, big power, but not enough sense to back it up.

"I'm sure the living quarters are very spacious."

Once the stupid-evil bosses went out, they probably picked up their game.
    Correction: 'super powers and'

Admittedly, there are some differences. Yours doesn't have the rep of trying to take over the world.

Huh, that pic looks fine to me. Nothing visible that you wouldn't see in a swimsuit, anyway. Not commenting on the 'Hot skitty on wailord action' aspect.

Yes, but then he got to know you.

No wonder he was so aggressive in the fight.

I suppose she has him there.

Someone to keep you sensible, grounded, human.

I doubt she'd take it well.

Good to see she agrees with him on that.

Grayven! Kara! You can't just ask that! It takes all the fun out if it.
    Correction: 'on by this'

I don't there're many mortal men up to her standards.

Ah, such a gentleman.

Let's not mention the whole 'trying to stab you in the face' part...

Wow, he's actually serious about this thing...

...But still having fun too.

Grayven being a master troll as usual. And good to see him considering dating again, after poking so many of his friends about it.
    (Let's not let one image link bring down the whole tone of the thread, shall we?)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  22. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Down is the one direction the tone of the thread can't go, isn't it?

23. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

Ah, nice callback to a thing Grayven didn't do.

24. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I love Grayven's way of flirting :D

He is an overconfident moron at times, but he is fun.

Navi-Hank, DrThoth and Alexandercctv like this.
  25. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Can someone remind me about why shifty beer? I get that it’s from the OL story, but I don’t quite remember that detail.

Bramble Thorn, Navi-Hank and DAT_NOOB like this.
  26. DAT_NOOB

Supergirl 50 now best girl?

Prince Charon likes this.
  27. DAT_NOOB

Guy drinks beer that tastes like horse piss because it reminds him his dad died and that makes him happy don't know why Gardner 50 enjoys it

28. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

Don't think we didn't notice the URL.

29. david

david Getting sticky.

Grayven said the divergence was Gardner 50’s brother dying early, meaning his father was still a shit so he has the same reason.

30. Mr Zoat

No, he always knew his father was an arsehole. He just didn't rise above it.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, that was Kara.
    Thank you, corrected.
    But there's no direct link so it doesn't break the rules.