1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Why hello Miss Kane! I'm sure your father and sister would like to know what you've been up to all these years!

2. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Missing closing quotation mark.

3. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

lol 'my penis is bigger than that knife' are we sure Paul isn't being mentally effected

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

5. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

This is probably actually significant but I would absolutely love it if this genuinely was just a gang or whatever going with another villain's theme. If she's a canon DC character she could even be the real Alice from Alice in Wonderland, probably from Hellblazer if that's the case.

I'm guessing she's someone else though.

6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Wow, people actually being helpful, too? Amazing stuff!

Some cities anyway. No naming any names... And lucky guy, missing out on the dirty era.

Good to see the Congregation behaving themselves.
    Correction: 'all auxiliaries these', unless that's an americanism.

Heh. They can even call in their own backup! Gotham's going to have to write some laws about non-police Congregation members serving as backup. Civilian deputies?

Hey, why go to the spooky city if you can be in Superman's town?

Because of course a Weirdo tries something tonight.
    Odd apostrophe there. Natural speech?

Heh. Love how he forgets how people usually can't see what the ring's showing him.

pffsh. As if OL would leave any openings for mental control these days? ;)

Quick curbstomp combat engage!

Maybe he hasn't recruited those particular two yet... Or this is a copycat.

Boy, this is almost cruel, how easy it is... Amazing that they didn't level-scale this side event. ;)

Yup, Copycats.

It's like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Lantern edition.

He took all of them down, and wasn't even inside? Orange Light Shaman OP, for the win!

Who knows, with these Weirdos.

Ha! Talia burn!

Definitely Copycats. Tetch isn't gonna like this, for sure. Or he'll be ecstatic to find another fan of Alice.

No need for your life story, honey. OL can find that out in about three seconds.

I can see the goons deciding discretion is the better part of valor. 'Alice' Not so much.

If this is Elizabeth Kane, I can see some reputation boosts in the future, with the Kane family... Hmm... Wonder what identity Kate Kane would use now, with Talia as Batwoman?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

In this, is Tetch still a paedophile child slave dealer?

ChestBurster, Caerwen and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

who ?

she sound important

9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, Alice is kind of the wrong choice of leader for a Wonderland themed gang. She’s an outsider and a victim to all the insanity going on in the original story. Wonderland literally seems to break apart and turns out to be seemingly a dream when she starts questioning it’s logic. She sort of makes sense for a target for Tetch, since she’s the innocent victim coerced into accepting new strange behaviors, whereas the Mad Hatter controls the speed of his party and is a source of wierdness/ declares stuff to be going on.

10. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

sick burn

Is this episode ALL going to be stuff and nonsense? Or are things going to get serious at some stage?

ChestBurster, DrThoth and Cuchulin like this.
  11. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

This is Elizabeth Kane, Kate's crazy twin sister and a member of the Religion of Crime.

12. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

I suspect that Mr. Zoat is enjoying his new found artist freedom. That would have been an iffy line to have back in SV.

13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Second Lieutenant Kane. With the ban on homosexuals serving in the military overturned, why would she ever become Batwoman?
    That was pretty serious for the mayor's family.

14. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

And could take twelve people, if you selected them carefully?

He's just pointing out how incredibly small the knife is. :p

15. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Alice aka Red Alice.
    Short version: Twin Sister of comics batwoman Kate Kane (the red and black one). Went missing after events as a child, turned up as a Gotham Weirdo. Initially had links to the 'Religion of Crime'that played a part in Final Crisis, links which were retconned away after Flashpoint.
    (Added a link in my original post.)

WargWolf, Prince Charon, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  16. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Was this the Lantern who insists on using the costumed criminals' real names? I kind of forgot.

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Actually Gotham has a second metahuman officer. In the comics anyway, maybe not here.

Simon Dark is a Gotham superhero, stitched together from the bodies of 20 boys who died in a bus crash and brought back to life by a combination of mad science and a cult's magic.

He has a big brother. A cop died in the line of duty. Simon's "father" plugged up those holes and brought him back to life with the aid of the same cult. So there's a cop in Gotham who didn't let a little thing like dying stopping him from going in to work.

He's dating a ME.

18. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Don't be stupid,
    Be more brainy!
    She should be a
    Darkstar trainee!

Anyone else seen The Producers?

Ardy, PrinceJonathan, CTrees and 3 others like this.
  19. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Hmm this religion and their Bible is new to me. And it looks like it is older than the New 52, so it might not be ridiculous or one-note like the Necronomicon is usually portrayed. Ohhh and it might be minor-enough that Paul didn't know about it before he was inserted into this setting!

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, but Alice might actually be her name, at least for all OL knows.

Cuchulin likes this.
  21. norax1

norax1 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

What I don't get is, why don't the Maltusians/Oans/Guardians of the Universe imprint anti-magic tech into the rings? Just cause not all places in the universe use/have magic sounds lazy. With the same reason you could explane you need defenses against green lasers, cause most places don't use green lasers....

But why does OL not insist on an update to circumvent those magic talismans (or cast magic with his ring). Or search for places he can't find/scan with his rings. I know Luthor put them everywhere, but locations in the amazonas or in the desert should be interesting to check out anyway (Also mon goverment facilities). Maybe even all non-luthor places. Depending how many there are.

He could just scan a place with and without talisman and look at the differences. And then scan the whole world and look for similar differences.

So then he could just scan for x, if he doesn't find it (and knows it exists) he just has to visit the hidden places that are likely to have it.

And yeah, I know he can put eyes everywhere (with the elemental) and I think he can scan in two different ways and compare the results and has a subparticle scan that is really resource intensive, but he acts like magical hidden places aren't locatable for him.

alid610 likes this.
  22. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

It's not lovecraftian.

It's the gospel of Cain, purportedly the original book's stone cover was carved from the stone Cain used to kill Abel.

It's also a possible front for Darkseid, since his agent Libra used the religion of crime as a means of control.

23. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I mean, Talia is a trained assassin from the League Of Shadows.
    She could easily take down twelve people.
    I assume she's probably significantly better at murdering people though.

That said, both Robin and Artemis are Dannered in this story, so...

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Her training as an assassin was somewhat light on 'how to keep hostages alive'.

25. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

But rather heavy on 'taking people out before they know you were there' which... in the batman school of hostage rescue, is basically the same thing.

Can't shoot a hostage if you go sleepytime before you know you're under attack.

26. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Religion of Crime stuff relates to the Anti-life equation stuff that OL ran into with The Question, Intergang, and recovering Adom's new brother in law. So while this might be fighting mooks for Paul, there's a plot point to be dug up here. Which does raise a few questions regarding the Kane family, since the OTHER batwoman is rather critical in the whole story line there, and she's not in earth-16's hero radar as of yet.

Also, there is another Wonderland related villain out there that this could have been, but I'm rather glad we didn't run into White Rabbit. OL's Brain might 404 attempting to figure that one out.

Or Zoat's might from it being New 52.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  27. Mr Zoat

White Rabbit shows up tomorrow.

28. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Oh Goody

*cough*

I mean, Yay for our dear hero to dash the vile, yet scantily dressed villainess's foul deeds.

Prince Charon and Ardy like this.
  29. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

I'd like to point out that a while a longer knife may look more scary, a shorter knife can still slit your throat, cut any number of arteries or even pierce organs.

Sharpened metal of any size is still incredibly dangerous for the human body.

30. DaftTechno

DaftTechno Standard Gamer Metalhead

I haven't read the comics with White Rabbit, so the only place I know her from are these fanarts/jokes by Stjepan Seijic, aka Nebezial/Shiniez on DeviantArt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]