1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

Considering his occasional visits to the justice lords, it seems likely.

Lupercal, Wild Transient and Darko like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I'm sure that would change, after a generation or two of ruling beside her... Assuming she doesn't go with the 'Let Twilight Handle It' plan.

That would mean late evenings and early mornings to manage the Moon...

Yes, he's basically the fuel tank, so to speak. If Luna has a meta-structure similar enough to a New God, she might manage it herself one day...

Wow, you're serious about this, aren't you? But I think us readers might revolt if Renegade went pony full-time...

Grayven, you perv.

You? You're a big pussycat, kind to all children!

Hardly humble.

Like I said before: Clydesdale-sized.

Hmm... Tied to his New God name? Conquest Through Unity? And no moaning about Fascists, the symbol was around since the time of Rome. Those Italians just made use if it for obvious reasons.

Lay off the snark, Grayven. She's been inside your head, she knows it's defensive.

No doubt signifying the right of rulership?

Not immediately putting his armour back on? He's gotten very comfortable here, hasn't he? Hope he remembers before he passes through the mirror, no telling what it'll dress him in, if anything.

Things like exploiting the assumed Earth Pony geokinesis and florokinesis to improve crops? And yes, the guards have been useless. Wonder if there's a Sergeant Colon or Corporal Nobbs amongst them?

Surprised he didn't give an eyebrow waggle at that. Or the pony equivalent.

Literally putting her in a flap, Grayven. Do you enjoy flustering her?

Just to rub it in her face, after all. Having Sun-butt there would be handy if something went wrong, though.

More rubbing it in, and maybe encouraging a few students to think outside the curriculum, eh?

The mystical equivalent of trading a firehose for a water-cutter, eh?

And for all you know, the sisters were born alicorns, like Flurry heart later on. I've not seen the episode, so if they comment on it themselves, well...

And cue facehoof, as you realize Celestia does love using reverse psychology...

Likely requires very specific circumstances...

Heh, a bit of the vision quest that happened off-screen, eh?

Twilight and company used the Elements for power... Sunset is going to take a tiny amount from everypony?

Admittedly, most of them were humans unfamiliar with Equestrian magic... Oh dear, could we be looking at a potential overload of magic here?

Yeah, but you haven't spent your whole life walking on four feet...

Oh, yes... That little prank...

...Probably not the worst rumour she;'s heard...

Knew it.

Ah, the troll is strong in this one.

So, looks like a big part of this episode will be Sunset's ritual-cum-thaumatology experiment. Still hoping to see Luna take a short trip to Earth later.

Corrections:
    Should be bolded, yes?
    ...knowing that doing so inspired her...
    It seems strange to Us...
    She stops ahead.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  3. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

So, Sunset is going to attempt an ascension? I'm sure that she's thought of everything, and nothing can possibly go wrong looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Also, Renegade & Luna's interactions continue to amuse me. :D

4. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

Are we talking big fuzzy friend spiders? Tiny jump friends? Or skittery bitey friends?

Wild Transient and DAT_NOOB like this.
  5. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Aww, but the MC loves head!

RichardWhereat likes this.
  6. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Hey Zoat, it sounds like Max wants more FiM crossover episodes. Feel like adding another couple?

7. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I mean it's called Equestrian Guise what did you expect
    The kind you purge obviously

8. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

As I haven't read any of this, that's quite likely. It's already Grayven, and now it's a 5 year old girl's Grayven.

I don't even want to know what kind of furry thing is going on here.

Zoat can do as he likes. I'm just really low on reading material right now. Nobody other than Zoat is updating.

I click on the red box, I rarely look at the chapter list.

9. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

You wouldn't have to have read any of it. When I said he told us beforehand I meant that he said in December that it would be two episodes. I misremembered slightly, he didn't say it would be two episodes in a row at the time, though it's somewhat implied.

Bramble Thorn and Lupercal like this.
  10. helios

helios Praise the Sun!

More of a meme thing than a furry thing. In my experience it's akin to calling snakes noodle friends. Some people just find them cute.

Big fuzzy friends are tarantulas. Small jumpy friends are jumping spiders. Possible other generally harmless spiders.

The skittery bitey ones are the creepy spindly looking ones.

11. dogbertcarroll

dogbertcarroll Random lurker

Hmmmm. I'm wondering how the change in horn will translate when he returns to DC.

Jaron, WereDragon, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  12. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

You know what would transfer Alicorn is to all participants, apparently? An ancient orgy between masters and students of various races as they most likely had in ancient Pegasopolis (unless that was racist against everyone but Pegasi).

Navi-Hank and RichardWhereat like this.
  13. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Common fannon is that it was not being appreciated for helping Celestia banish all those threats that made Luna go bad in the first place.
    In any case, Major magic shitstorms seem to operate on a thousand-year cycle on Wilson. IIRC the crystal empire also vanished from time and space for a thousand years. So as long as the ponies can make it through the next few decades okay, things will probably stay quiet for centuries until the next cosmic alignment triggers the next round of magical shenanigans.

14. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Clearly his 'horn' will clear up a little, maybe change colour and be generally more pleasant to look at.

I'm wondering if he's now the new god of justice.

15. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

blend?

16. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Luna is do DAMN adorable. I love it that Grayven brings this out in her... Cute couple!

17. moralrelativity

OK, boomer. ;)

18. moralrelativity

I agree that it's the more likely outcome.

AtomicGeneral25 and Darko like this.
  19. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Zoat has been telling us that there would be two pony episodes in a row, that is why the recommendation for those that wish to skip them was to return in the middle of March.

20. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Hmm... I remember Zoat saying that the Renegade was going to end up with Blackfire. Has that pairing been scrapped or what? Because even if they broke up, they might get together again later. Though I could get behind the Luna ship myself.

Cuchulin and DrThoth like this.
  21. Silverias

No furry thing, I just know that spiders kill things I hate far more than them, so as long as they stay out of my way, they are friends.

22. moralrelativity

I *thought* he was too, but that doesn't add up, given this line:
    So that makes Grayven about 1.5 metres in length. That's Shetland Pony sized.

Of course he does. This is Grayven.

23. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Yes.
    Florokinesis was never demonstrated in canon. Even geokinesis is debateable. The only instance of earth pony super strength was Cheerilee pulling a house. Earth ponies as a tribe severely underperform in canon.
    Thank you, corrected.

24. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

I agree that would be the most likely outcome realistically, but Zoat keeps giving the impression they aren't good at magic in Equistria.

How exactly a civilization that can control celestial bodies, travel through time, and give out apotheosis is incompetent, I have no idea, especially in comparison to Atlantis, where Garth is somehow a magical prodigy for being able to make ice.

25. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I really hope this isn't some secret plan to siphon all of Equestria's magic into herself to turn herself into an actual god.

Darko and moralrelativity like this.
  26. Silverias

So, Zoat, tell me, do you have the With This Ring game mods from Loverslab? Because I'm starting to get afraid of where these pony relationships are going.

27. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Are there mental knock on effects from Grayven helping Luna stay awake?

Or is she just being a troll?

28. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hence bringing up Australia. The deathier part of the death planet.

Bramble Thorn and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Maybe he was originally going to say six meters in radius but changed to diameter when he switched from meters to body lengths?

Of course not. It'll be entirely unplanned when that happens instead of the intended alicornification.

Jormuungaand likes this.
  30. moralrelativity

Honestly that would make a lot more sense. 3 metres length is about right for a horse (chest to tail).