1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

We are not a death planet. The bushfires are over, mostly, for the next six months. And there aren't more than twenty or so spiders in my room.

2. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Maybe Mr Zoat fucked up the scale...

moralrelativity likes this.
  3. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Earth itself is a death planet. Australia just has a higher concentration of death. That's why it was such a perfect prison, it even has death water.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, there was another video on pony sizes. Basically, they're all miniature pony size.

5. RichardWhereat

Death water?

6. Maxx Crowley

7. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

dogbertcarroll, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  8. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

Jesus wept. Now I just want to burn all the plant life in Australia. Thanks for that.

Can you imagine Sinestro's response if he'd gone with the yellow ring?

9. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

So, Sunset’s plan is to draw on ambient magical energies to fuel her ascension to alicornhood. I wonder if that’s related to how the Alicorn Amulet works?

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I’d assume Death Water is another name for panda urine, considering that eucalyptus oil is so toxic (can cause seizures).

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  11. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

I think you mean koala urine. Pandas eat bamboo. ;)

He also could be referring to irukandji jellyfish which are tiny, nearly invisible, and kill the people they sting simply through the sheer amount of pain they cause, to the riptides that regularly kill people too dumb to swim between the flags, or to the Prime Minister who mysteriously vanished after walking into the ocean.

12. Ciber

Ciber Know what you're doing yet?

That's Racist!
    For your education:
    Earth pony kicks hundred ton rock in ballistic arc to make a point about the reality of myths about a literal magic shovel.

Earth ponies canonically capable of breaking rocks with jaw strength alone.

Earth pony punching rocks until they become much smaller rocks

And I don't think you can just dismiss Florokinesis out of hand when there are many instances of still living trees being used as homes.
    Can't find any good examples from earth ponies right now, but if a hero tier like Mistmane can use combat Florokinesis, then I don't think it is unreasonable to expect common ponies to have some lesser variant.

13. Lupercal

Lupercal Not too sore, are you?

We know that Maud Pie eating crystals and punching boulders apart is not unique to her as well. In a canon alternate timeline where Pinkie Pie never left the Rock farm until her and Maud joined the army Pinkie can do that too if she has the right training.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.
  14. RichardWhereat

Harold Holt is the world's greatest marco polo champion.

15. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Man, that whole video with Mistmane seems kind of racist. Especially with giving the ponies in that country large pointy ears.

Not sure if Earth ponies have florokinesis, but they seem to basically have druid/ monk powers - talk to animals, raise plants (probably feel them), do martial arts, do things with crafts, basically anything physical that requires strength. Of course all of the mane 6 have what amounts to Batman powers (top skill performance for their race)

Chojin Patriarch and Lupercal like this.
  16. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I could live with the idea of eight-legged ponies - Sleipnir? Though, as the pegasi could be using two of their limbs for wings, that might mean they're walking around on six...

Cuchulin and Vorian like this.
  17. Mr Zoat

Fluttershy is a pegasus.
    I can do that.
    Citation needed.Granny Smith specifically mentioned working out how to raise zap apple trees by trial and error.
    [​IMG]
    Rarity's job is making clothes.
    Applejack and Rainbow Dash consider one another equal in this regard.

18. Mr Zoat

No.
    Yes. As I said a while ago, that was the initial plan but it just didn't seem to happen as I was writing them.
    In the episode where Twilight turns a frog into an orange-frog hybrid, Spike mentions how many spells she (student of Celestia and magic talent) knows in total. It's not a high number.

Garth isn't a magical prodigy. He's a reasonably performing battlemage.

They can't give out apotheosis. Cadence was an accident, and Twilight required very specific circumstances, luck, and Starswirl's records.

The time travel spell Twilight used was a one-use spell they don't understand and can't modify. Starlight's version was a bit better, but she's the only one who knows it and required the friendship table.

19. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I get the horrible feeling that Sunset’s calculations are missing a couple of variables. Artificial additives ruin taste. Artificial alicornification? That could have more serious consequences.

Alternate possibility: the three tribes are not the only ones who have left an imprint on the local magical field. Discord. The Changlings. Tirek. Grayven and his rings. Assorted random weirdness. Pinkie-specific weirdness.
    Just grabbing everything is unlikely to go well.

Of course you realise that we now need cutie marks for his daughter, scythe-minion and bodyguard right?
    Possibly the succupires too, or at least Paul Lad.

While Luna has a dark theme and occasional forays into Death Metal Pony territory she is ultimately a very pleasant and polite individual. Unlike Jade and Komand'r who are greedy, cruel and generally offensive. I approve of this ship.

20. Mr Zoat

Exactly the same as the Renegade's, except that the axe blade has some decoration on the side.
    Scythe and a skull with a flower growing out of it.
    Boxing gloves.

21. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Just off the top of my head, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel would be alicorns, Zatara/Doctor Fate would be a unicorn (though I wouldn't be totally surprised by alicorn) with an ankh cutie mark, and the Hawks would be pegasi.

22. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Head on over to the Eros thread to find out

DrThoth likes this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Nabu would be a Lamassu.

Ngamer11, Ardy, Bramble Thorn and 7 others like this.
  24. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

And the Hawks/ especially if Thanagarian will be Griffons. On that note have to wonder what the G-gnomes will be. Changelings? (Since hive / group thought)

Vorian, DrThoth, Darko and 1 other person like this.
  25. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Then you really should stop complaining until you have.

I mean if you don't have any interest in reading it that's fine, but bitching about something you haven't bothered to read is kinda silly.

Earth is a class 12 deathworld. It'd probably be class 13, maybe 14, if the researchers' probes had landed in Australia instead of Africa.

There's a reason you're supposed to boil your water in survival situations.

Speaking of Pinkie, isn't she an earth pony? And if so how can you call a casual reality warper "underperforming" in a magical sense? I mean, yeah, she uses her powers for the most ridiculous crap around, but a reality warper is still a reality warper.

26. Lupercal

Lupercal Not too sore, are you?

Pinkie's abilities are not intended to be Earth Pony magic by WoG and even in universe are clearly treated as weird by other characters. She can just do weird things because she is a cartoon, like Bugs Bunny.

27. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Discord was bored a thousand years ago and turned himself into a ponny got a progeny IE he pulled a Zeus. She is a distant relative that has a strong expression of the bloodline links to planar chaos hence why she can use chaos/toon magic to some degree and also why her personality is like it is.

28. Maxx Crowley

Nah. I haven't read a single Grayven arc yet, he's just not interesting. You add in ponies, and I honestly can't describe that level of dull.

Besides, my comment originated via being legitimately surprised that we were still in pony world, and doing so in non-serious, joking action. So don't try to make it sound like I was bitching Zoat out or pulling a Vaermina.

With the one you quoted being me confessing that I haven't read any of this to have caught Zoat's message that it'd be like a two month thing. I can also add to that, that I don't read each and every single post Zoat makes. Because a good chunk of them are nothing more than corrections that he is thanking folks for.

But thanks for noticing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  29. Mr Zoat

What?

30. Maxx Crowley

So many corrections Zoat....so many.