1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I haven't finished it yet, but probably not.
    No.
    Yes, tomorrow.

2. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

"Anything can be a dildo, if you're brave enough."

3. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Eh, when you're on the level of "being able to craft things like the Tantabus, which are independent from any one creature's dream and have the potential to escape into physical reality", I'm dubious that she's not actually interacting with The Dreaming.

Vorian, Bramble Thorn and Lupercal like this.
  4. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

What video?

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  5. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Many moons ago Mr Zoat watched a video describing the MLP solar system, with their homeworld being named Wilson. It's been lost to the bowels of the internet since then however, never to be seen again.

6. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

How do the Endless mesh with the multiverse, though? Wilson might not have the Endless at all, though I’m not sure how that would work.

Actually, has Lucifer’s new universe appeared in publication after that time he made it?

Lupercal likes this.
  7. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Completely off topic, a lot of kids (literally kids, like 12-14 year olds) have been saying that to me lately. What's up with it? Especially since I'm a good 25 years too young to be a boomer.

I mean, I've been writing it up to "TicTok strikes again", but its kinda annoying anyway.

More likely whatever ethical code the programmer subscribes to, which is more than a little terrifying in my opinion.

Oof. Darkseid's gonna notice that for sure.

3 Warhammer Fantasy episodes? What? How in the world have I missed/forgotten those?

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  8. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

In theory, "Ok, boomer" is used to imply that the person it is directed at is expressing opinions that are old, outdated and obsolete. In practice it's usually used to automatically dismiss someone and their opinions without bothering to actually examine said opinions and whether or not they have any merit.

9. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Not all Bat Ponies are going to be Night Guard.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  10. Lupercal

Lupercal Not too sore, are you?

hmm. I'm not sure that Gravyen has all the facts regarding Luna's dream responceibilities but getting these feelings out in the open can only be good. What season have Gravyen and Sunset popped into? We know that in mlp canon Luna's feeling's festered until season 7. Hopefully this time nothing like Daybreaker or Nightmare Moon happens.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Nice pun.

longue (it's French, not English)

Can Equestria get by without Luna? It can survive, certainly, but it's definitely not optimal. Celestia had to collect a set of Element Bearers in order to deal with Nightmare Moon, when yesterday's update suggests that she should have been able to do it by herself -- yet she did not. Maybe Nightmare Moon was a particular weak spot of Celestia's, but whether that's true or not what other threats MIGHT have arisen that the solar diarch couldn't have handled alone?

More importantly: What parts of Equestrian governance were left to their own devices instead of receiving appropriate royal attention? What duties did Celestia have to sacrifice in order to have time to run everything by herself? Was Equestria prepared to deal with an event that might have unexpectedly (even if temporarily) incapacitated their most powerful individual?

In short: Just because it was ABLE to work doesn't mean that it was an efficient, stable (pun not intended) arrangement.

He didn't dismiss it at all. He said that it's too big of a job for her to do it alone. It should not be her sole responsibility, because even if she's an alicorn she's still just one pony. If protecting dreams is to be her responsibility, then the best way to fulfill her duty is to ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to the task.

Little Ponies are not horses. They are equine, sure, but they clearly have different body structures, different societies, and more developed intellects. Their eyes are visibly different from those of horses. There is nothing contradictory about the suggestion that they are primarily diurnal.

12. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Now now. Even if Thestrals aren't a thing in canon, there's still plenty of racism for Luna to tackle to build up her confidence. For Ponies are clearly super racist. Just look at the likes of Neighsay. Or look at just how absurdly easy it was for Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow to engineer a race war among the Ponies.

They fucked with the crops in order to create a bad harvest and spread a few rumors that the Earth Ponies were being greedy and withholding food from the others and that was enough for the Ponies to turn on each other.

And apparently it was bad enough for the Wendigos to return.

Cuchulin likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

14. Mr Zoat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

Huh, I recall that cadence was adopted but this is a hilarious idea that must have happened at some point. I'm assuming Cadence will come up soon in this episode? Was Luna disappointed that she wasn't her biological niece? Or has she not found out yet?

Gilhelmi and Darko like this.
  16. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The local lifeforms have identified the mentioned subject as Princess Cadance.

I wonder if Luna is going to go to earth to get the knowledge uploaded or if the genomorphs will come to Wilson... It would make more sense for Luna to visit earth.

masterofmadness likes this.
  17. Mr Zoat

According to about two lines in a Pony book, Cadence was a pegasus prior to her ascension and grew up in an earth pony community. We don't have any idea how long ago that was, but since her adopted parents aren't there when she gets married it may well have been more than a normal pony lifetime ago.

I did read a fanfiction where Celestia pretends that any alicorns that turn up are descendants of hers in order to prevent anyone wasting their life trying to work out the ascension process. But why she's called 'niece' is never explained.

18. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Honestly I think you're part right, but that bit with the elements? I find it more likely that Zoat took creative license than that Celestia could actually have done it herself. Which is fine. Fanfic without creative license would be pretty ridiculous.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Which would be why I addressed that point in the message you quoted from "Of course, horses also don't talk, have magic, or sing songs about friendship, so having different sleep cycles seems like a weird hill to die on when it comes to suspension of disbelief. <shrugs>"

20. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I assume Celestia is a goddess. If Cadence is her child, she’s most likely either a test tube baby or a parthenogenetic clone. Heck, for all we know Cadence is constantly splitting off sections of her magic and that’s how all these ridiculously powerful ponies form (Rainbow Dash, Cadence, And Pinkie Pie all sort of stand out as possible orphans / miracle babies).

Darko likes this.
  21. Threadmarks: Equestrian Guise (part 2)
    Mr Zoat

Morning
    Equestria

"Of course, all the knowledge will take a while to bed in, and my employees aren't used to working on pony minds. Then you've still got the problem of natural authority; ponies are used to obeying Celestia. It's inevitable that they'll still look to her for direction first."

"Yes, We had noticed that." Luna sits up slightly. "We assume that you have some suggestion on how to remedy that."

"The obvious one is switch to the day shift."

She frowns. "That wouldst… How long can you sustain this working of arcane wakefulness? And should We be concerned as to the eventual costs?"

"It's not a spell, exactly. I'm sharing part of my own nature with you. I can stay awake for at least three weeks without suffering any diminution of my mental faculties. And I could have managed longer, but I was worried about setting a bad example for my children. Particularly given that the younger ones could probably have matched it if they glutted themselves. Since the whole point of this effect is to help a friend I imagine that if there are any negative effects I'll be the one bearing them."

"Couldst you sustain it for years? Centuries?"

"No idea. I feel fine right now, but.. I suppose living in Equestria wouldn't really be practical." I move my head a little closer. "Unless you want me to."

"We begin to see that keeping Our eyes upon you at all times may perhaps be safest for all."

"Any part of me you want to keep your eyes on in particular?"

She opens her mouth to deliver a verbal slap down, then appears to reconsider. "In truth… We are curious as to what cutie mark Starswirl's mirror has crafted for you. We realise that it is not the same as a natural pony's cutie mark, but it wouldst serve to… Perhaps make you seem less alien. Less intimidating."

"Ordinarily I'd say that I'm all about intimidating…"

But… Actually, after something like that even most Apokoliptians would be prepared to remove their armour. So…

I take a step back and dismiss my armour. Uh, my body fur is.. all lying crossways… Ring, groom me.

By your command.

I take a moment to look myself over. Just… More of the same grey fur. The texture my skin has back on Earth 16 doesn't appear to have translated… Can't really see my cutie mark from this angle. My neck is flexible enough but I'm just too bulky. Guess that means that it's not a big design in the way Luna's is.

I turn sideways and wiggle my haunches at her.

"Well?"

"Hm. A bound bundle of sticks with an axe blade emerging betwixt them."

Hah!

I nod. "Blunt implements with a blade on standby if needed. That does sound like me." Luna looks puzzled. "I mean, I'm blunt, and I'm certainly not shy about violence-."

"It is a fasces, dolt, as well you know. A symbol used in ancient Pegasopolis as the staff of office of the presiding magistrate of the boule. The rods represent-."

"The strength of the unified community, and the axe blade represents the magistrate's right to issue death sentences." She nods, satisfied. "No laurel wreath?"

"Neigh. Mayhap that even your arrogance doth not extend so far."

"I'll work on it. But… If you join Celestia on the day shift it will give you the opportunity to actually take part in running the country. Alternately, you could focus on one project which would benefit Equestria and guide it to fruition, after first ensuring that at least in that area you knew enough to do a good job. Those reforms would be strongly associated with you, and there wouldn't be any conflict between Celestia's government oversight role and your reform role."

"Didst you have something in mind?"

"Sunset has developed a number of theories, concerning ways in which ponies could utilise their innate magics to greater effect. I have extensive knowledge of training techniques which could profitably be applied to improving Equestria's military. It.. hasn't exactly escaped my notice that your current services have been… Underperforming."

"And you would make these improvements in Our name, and thus gain Us credit."

"And make it clear that I was submitting to your authority. Besides, you wouldn't want me wandering about the place unsupervised, would you? All sorts of things could happen."

"I-."

I smile. "And since I've completed the business part of my trip, I wouldn't mind spending more time in your company."

She shifts awkwardly, giving her wings a small flap.

"Regarding Our sister's former student. What preparations doth she need for her grand working?"

"Not a lot, really. Just about any clear area more than six metres…" She looks puzzled. "About four times my length in diameter. She'd probably like an audience, which obviously has to include Celestia."

"That is all?"

"She's been working on a few things… I think she'd like an opportunity to deliver a lecture on what she's learned to Celestia's school. And-."

"No, we meant… Her ascension. It doth not require more sophisticated artifice?"

"Ah, not according to her. Apparently, that sort of stuff is only necessary if you don't really understand what you're doing and have to substitute power for efficiency." I regard her for a moment. "What was it like when you did it?"

"We-." She bows her head slightly. "We had been thinking of taking umbrage at your enquiry, but you hardly require our aid in the matter yourself and Sunset Shimmer believes that she already knows-."

"Um." I don't.. really.. care, but-. "Sunset made it clear that Celestia didn't want her pursuing her project and not only refused to tell her but forbade Cadance from helping her. I… Would feel bad about it if you deciding to help her harmed your relationship with your sister."

"Unless Sister forbade Sunset from studying ascension, knowing that doing so would inspire her to even greater heights."

"Duuaaaaaahhh… I… Don't-."

"Did Sister not inform Twilight to put the return of Nightmare Moon from her mind?"

"Yes, but she didn't banish her. I was just asking because I'm trying to work out why there aren't more alicorns around. Given the obvious advantages."

"Twilight Sparkle was able to trigger her own ascension by merging her innermost magics with those of her closest friends. Sister and I drew upon the magics of our mentors."

"A group evenly split between the three tribes? With whom-. No, obviously you had a close relationship with them, you showed me."

"Indeed. Two each of earth ponies, unicorns and pegasi. Ascension doth require all participants to possess vast arcane power in addition to their close fellowship, which We assume is the largest limiting factor on how many ponies have managed to ascend. If Sunset doth not intend to do the same, how doth her technique function?"

"Basically, the magics of the three tribes have made such an impression on Equestria's background magics that it's perfectly possible to use that rather than specific ponies. And sufficiently complex mana siphons can substitute for close emotional ties."

"We… See. It seems strange to Us that ascension couldst be achieved in such a way, but We assume that Sunset is confident in her arithmetic."

"Everyone familiar with the notation who checked it said it looked sound."

"We should like to talk to her Ourself. If only to discern what it was about her which so enraged Sister that she pronounced a sentence of banishment 'pon her. We refuse to believe that it was quite so simple as reading a history book."

She stands, dismounting her resting bench with considerable more elegance than I managed.

"And would it be helpful to you if we arranged to enable you to review our soldiery?" I nod. "That will take a time to organise, but I will give the order to Our captain."

"Thank you." I follow her as she trots towards the door. "Oh, and… One thing?"

"Yes?"

"Last night, when I was still trying to convince the Bearers that I was evil, I… Pranked some guards into thinking that alicornism was sexually transmitted."

She stops just ahead of me.

"Look-."

"'tis hardly the strangest rumour regarding Our status that We have heard. May We assume that you contracted it from Us, and Twilight from Our Sister?"

"Yep."

"We think that We will allow this rumour to continue its gallop." She smirks. "We think that We will derive no small pleasure from observing their reaction. Now, onwards."

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  22. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

Well this is getting fun. I am eagerly looking forward to how you end up handling Celestia cause Luna has been a lot of fun.

23. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I thought I'd missed a trick yesterday.

Two pony arcs...I feel betrayed. In the worst possible way. Like opening up a container you thought was filled with delicious leftovers...but instead it was full of spiders. Only in this case, it's less Australian, and filled with ponies.

24. Profipfreely

Profipfreely Verified Pun

"Thank you."

Hell's Razer, mauke, Mr Zoat and 2 others like this.
  25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Thank you, not, That you.

This is going to blow up in Sunsets face isn't ir?

Relyt33 and moralrelativity like this.
  26. Redhawk

Redhawk Getting out there.

27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Technically, it's one pony arc across two pony episodes.

28. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Ironic, since the ponies are leftovers from the previous episode, while something Australian would be more likely to involve a fuckton of spiders.

zeebza, RGFJ, anechoic and 9 others like this.
  29. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "Would" to "What".
    Zoat said that their would be two pony episodes in a row beforehand; you must have missed that.

30. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Hehehehehehe

So now we have Trolluna? Truna? Noice.

And Grayven plans to stay for a while? Surprising.

Hey Zoat, are you planning on him occasionally visiting Wilson, just for funsies? Seeing the League ponified would be hilarious.

DrThoth, Ardy, Lupercal and 4 others like this.