1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Worm: Who else has read it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Master of Squirrel-fu, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Too much work. Don't you know the world is ending?!

I kind of like the idea of Taylor getting in on the Colin/Dragon bit, myself. Armsmaster and Weaver are way more similar than not, and Dragon is awesome.

Love machine~

2. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Its a comedy of errors! Which is an wonderful subplot in any good story.

3. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

And I've finally caught up... It's a nice story. Go Taylor/Skitter/Weaver!

Pairings? Is that so.

4. SolipsistSerpent

SolipsistSerpent Endlessly Devouring

Where would I find that? I didn't see it in the index on the Worm ideas thread over on SB.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Here's the Ff.net version. Biigoh also has posted the snippets/chapters in the Worm ideas thread on SB. Yog's Opening post have links to the snippets.

6. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9683187/1/Goblin-Queen

And http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wormverse-ideas-recs-and-fic-discussion-thread-3.270030/
    That's the 3rd Worm Idea/Recc thread thing...

7. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Sucks that both were sunk by the author in cannon. Clockblocker is wih the fair folk now and TT experiences physical intemacy like the worlds worst kind of acid trip. This ones Queen Shipping is also not to be...

Actually nearly every cape relationship is kinda fucked up. Real and hypothetical. Defaint hooked up with skynet, imp regent hindged onMAD, skitterpan is scary when u remember what happened to panacea's last crush, and BugStalker speaks for itself.

8. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

Rachel/taylor is also gone , but I think theo and his girlfriend where happy like Foil and Parian.
    And imp regent worked well because they where free to let go and well they where already friendly beforehand with them hanging around with each other and all that.

9. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

I will always ship Taylor/Lisa. It isn't as if physical intimacy would be an issue that Taylor would bring up for years anyways. That girl is pretty fucked in the head.

10. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

As if such things would stop shippers from shipping...

11. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Finally finished reading this thing. And I have a wonderfully cracky AU idea.

Instead of imprinting on Norton, Scion imprints on A Pimp named Slick Back.

12. WizardTwo

WizardTwo Not too sore, are you?

My brain just exploded.

13. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

So you are enjoying Worm?

14. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[​IMG]
    Giggity.​

15. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Idea: Crossover between Worm and Whately Academy: When the idiot goth magician was preparing his demon summoning ritual, he found out about the interdimensional portal in the school's sewers. So, a raid on the janitor's supplies and a botched summoning spell later, the school finds itself wrenched to another universe where magic doesn't exist and all the superpowers are (vaguely) based on science, in a relatively small city named Brockton Bay.

Coil promptly realises how a "neutral" school might jeopardise his plans to conquer the city, so he sends the Undersiders there to infiltrate it. Hilarity ensues. Especially when Jobe Wilkins promptly decides that the new girl with insect-control powers and a uniform woven from chitin and spider silk is obviously destined to be his drow wife.

solitare likes this.
  16. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

... Aaand great, now I've got another series I need to read just so I can see if this thing would work.

17. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Just look it up on TvTropes to get a feel for it. If you still don't understand the storu than feel free to actually read itthe source material. It's what This One does when confronted with an unfamiliar cross over.

18. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[/gazes at the short, choppy, and poorly written story about mary-sue early teen transvestite supergirl]

[/closes tab]

On second thought, I don't think I'm interested in this 'Whateley' thing, and would like to request my time back. Preferably with some brain bleach.

19. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Yeah, the really early stuff isn't terribly good, but it gets better as the story goes on. Which one of them are you calling a Mary Sue, anyway? None of the main cast really fit the bill, from what I can remember.

20. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Tony. Or Toni. Not sure of spelling, don't really care.

21. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Idea: After the S9 flee brockten bay Panacea managed to succeed in fixing Glory Girl. Not racked by guilt over turning her into an eldistch horror's wet dream Panacea thinks a bit about the last few days. Rather tjan just turning her self in she decides to run away again, since it'll be pretty awkward to go home. Fearing Bonesaw and the nine she decides it would probably be better to stay in town and lay low for a few months just to be sure. She hides out near Skitter's territory since it' the most peaceful and because she seema the least likely to attack her. Naturally Skitter ends up finding her not to long afterwards probably during the mayoral election arc. Panacea had it rough since she had no idea how to really survive on the streets but has actually liked her freedom from all the obligations she had as a hero. While not exactly friendly with Skitter her opinion of the girl went up with everything that happened and get talk into being hired as a doctor to Skitter's civilians, having rejected the offer to join the undersiders since she doesn't want to be a villain. The two end up in an odd kind of relationship.

22. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

So, anyway.

Considering a 'Nemesis' quest, where you're one of the C53s auctioned off as a cheap rival.

Would people prefer if I did that sort of thing in Brockton, where the general groups are all laid out, or if I used a rendition of Wormverse Louisiana as the setting instead?

23. Biigoh

Vinny~ recommend Vancouver~ where it's wet. :3

24. Crypsis

Crypsis Getting sticky.

Finally reading this, and really liking it so far. Seems sort of ... Watchmen-ish?

Also, obviously plenty of nightmare fuel to go around, but Mannequin in particular? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

25. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

HEY Mannequin is the cutest of the Slaughter house 9.

Also lately I have been a little annoyed at Worm for some reason. Lately I've felt like the chapters are slightly rushed. Not that I think the new chapters are bad it just feels like I've missed something important and no matter how many time I reread the story I don't see it.

Still one of the better things I've read though.

26. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Close, nut it never reaches the same level of cynicism or grimness. Watchmen is about failure Worm is about turning failure into success though hard work and Skitter GARness.

27. Biigoh

[img width=400 height=600]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/1/0/slaughterhouse9_by_scarfgirl-d5yi6xx.jpg[/img]
    http://scarfgirl.deviantart.com/art/Slaughterhouse9-360286629

28. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

in that picture Jack Slash really reminds me of this guy I once saw dressed as a Pirate for some reason.

29. Biigoh

It's the beard and mustatue

30. Fallenblades643

Fallenblades643 Canned food pls?

BoneSaw is just the most adorable little medical malpracticing monster ever~