• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Youjo Senki Discussion and Criticism

For me, there isn't any overtly evil side in this war. The federation might have started the war, but they are more of an idiot. Same with Darcia. If it's evilness, then it's feel that the UK is the most evil one for me.

To anyone paying attention its clearly ww1. And frankly Tsarist Russia is significantly more "evil" then Imperial Germany. And neither were usually bad for the type of governments they were, afaict.
Well... Not-Russia is Communist. That's where Visha is from, her family fled to the Empire because of the Communist revolution.

vlcsnap_2017_03_17_14h44m21s858.png

So... acquired from the raws of episode 10, the Not-British flying gear....

Last edited:
Well... Not-Russia is Communist. That's where Visha is from, her family fled to the Empire because of the Communist revolution.

vlcsnap_2017_03_17_14h44m21s858.png

So... acquired from the raws of episode 10, the Not-British flying gear....

Okay, those flying broom are stupid design. They don't even have stirrup. It will be hard to keep the balance like that. Especially with the luggage hanging around like that. Hell, even the Republic kind of metal horse still better designed, at least they have place for the legs.

Okay, those flying broom are stupid design. They don't even have stirrup. It will be hard to keep the balance like that. Especially with the luggage hanging around like that. Hell, even the Republic kind of metal horse still better designed, at least they have place for the legs.
I'm hoping Tanya's company shows them that... also, poor Grantz needing to deal with Visha. @_@

When you realize Youjo Senki is an Alt-History SI fic that got turned into an Anime.

They have no testicles anymore.

Last edited:
When you realize Youjo Senki is an Alt-History SI fic that got turned into an Anime.

They have no testicles anymore.

Lol... that is true. It got made into manga and anime from a light novel that got scouted because it was popular web novel. If only we could get that kind of stuff going in north american. :3

lv_L5_Ufay_AUMJYbdra7mn_Sl_Seb_Wz_Ij62jb_Rgh_Ltr6vf_JJn_Us_Z.jpg

Dk_VLLLUhv_ABOEl_Cyt_17zhm6_Mcx_V573v_I6x7_VS2_R_Gxxl2_Qy.jpg

F8_BXBq_Wy_RPRg_IQw_Wgz33z_O1u_O2nu_Xzsujg_Au9_A4a_WYL_u_Fk.jpg

gf_C3_M2_GA6_06x_HSIg_DO32_CY6_TOa_Qq7_Iuk_Jy_GJ2t_Q1h_X7_Uwe.jpg

Jr_Vislq_JDFii_Qe_VKbq_T8w_Q7s_Dmw_Jr302a_MIkzd4n1_Ck8hpfx.jpg

Mr_Jfl_Rw_CZs2_VUm_Be_QQz_VLTm_EUGu_JH9ubu_CNm_L3_J3l_YRYcv0p.jpg

Last edited:
Those animal people representing the nations and troops were hilarious.

A shame too they weren't included. What really irritates me about Youjo Senki is how people even on SB call Tanya and the empire nazi. Some even use the arene city bombing as an example of this. I want to bash wikipedia articles of the dresden bombing, the nuclear bombings, the attacks on baghdad and the "collateral damage" times were weddings get massacred to these dimwits faces. Atrocities does not make one a nazi!
To be fair, you're always going to have those idiots in every piece of fiction. And from what I've seen, at least everywhere I frequent, said people are called out as fucking idiots rather quickly. SB included. Especially because it's WW1, not WW2.

To be fair, you're always going to have those idiots in every piece of fiction. And from what I've seen, at least everywhere I frequent, said people are called out as fucking idiots rather quickly. SB included. Especially because it's WW1, not WW2.
War started out as WW1 but tech and tactics are advancing so it will become WW2style fighting just without Nazi's cause the war started out with WW1 reasons and no Japan being involved or Nazi's

Tanya's interactions with her men are always pure gold.
Its shown in the anime as well. For a sociopath, she does treat her soldiers well.

That strategy in episode 10. Awesome!!

War started out as WW1 but tech and tactics are advancing so it will become WW2style fighting just without Nazi's cause the war started out with WW1 reasons and no Japan being involved or Nazi's
Exactly, the tech and tactics may have caught up to WW2 methods, but without the Treaty of Versailles dumping a heaping pile of shit onto the German people, there aren't the same motivations that drove WW2 forward. Thus, no nazis. So it's still WW1, not WW2. That would come in a sequel, after the Empire loses and gets a majorly raw deal from the other countries.

For manga readers, how long has the Empire had tank tech? Is it new or did they have it for some time? How about the others powers?

In the LN, it was supposed to be that only the USSR had tanks, and their tough armor was supposed to be one of those things that made it hard for the Empire to fight. Was this changed and now the Empire has tanks?
Episode 10 has Empire with tanks.

Well, about the operation orbs, I only remember that according to LN, everyone other than the Empire's are about a generation behinds, because Type-97 performance is really that good. Dual core is better than single core.

Even USA orb's, while is definitely more robust and perform better than others, still fall behind Empire's.

Guys, the manga Empire has tanks.

Shown on chapter 1:
img000005.png

I honestly wonder all those whiners about Arene. What else do they think could be done about Arene? Its either besiege/starve them to death or surrender or urban warfare. Neither of these would be more humane and would also have huge warcrimes happen.

A thing I have noticed in the anime, its mentioned that Sue never told his family he was safe and alive. This could be Nuts way of allowing the canon events to still happen with his daughter becoming an enemy of Tanya while still allowing them to use Sir Sue for some more episodes.

So they have magic munitions, and a craft capable of traveling fast enough that conventional aa won't be able to detect or target it, whats stopping them from dropping an elenium composite thaumic bomb on anyone who disagrees? And don't say anything bout calculations if we can send a guy into space with pen and paper math.

So they have magic munitions, and a craft capable of traveling fast enough that conventional aa won't be able to detect or target it, whats stopping them from dropping an elenium composite thaumic bomb on anyone who disagrees? And don't say anything bout calculations if we can send a guy into space with pen and paper math.
Didn't think about it? Mad-scientist guy is mad, his rocket doesn't have the capability to maneuver. Also, what magic munitions?

Bit of fringe brilliance, when you remember that they're British.
What?

A wooden horse, Spanish donkey or cavaletto squarciapalle, is a torture device, of which there exist two variations; both inflict pain by using the subject's own weight by keeping the legs open, tied with ropes from above, while lowering down the subject.[1] The French called this instrument the Chevalet, from the French diminutive of cheval, horse.[2]

I've seen no evidence of cushioning charms, and HP riders either supported their weight with their hands and/or feet as well based on what they were doing, not exclusively with their taint.

Episode 11.

Poor Tanya. Incompetent Empire. They made the same mistake that Hitler did with Dunkirk except worse! Cause the entire Notfrance navy and not battered command sturcture, resources and organized divisions are leaving. I felt Tanya's despair...

I honestly would like to see a snippet or something that has Tanya, out of character, tells command to fuck off and attacks Notfrance port. She may get killed during this but destroys the Notfrance army and ships forcing them to surrender thus ending the war or maybe coming back but still achieving the previous mentioned stuff and then gets executed and lambasted by everyone as bad, no honor, etc

We then get to see snippets of historians or analysts in the future who say that with hindsight what Tanya did was entirely correct and some guys call her a martyrr and by Royal decree is once more added to the roll of heroes and made a national hero or something.

Analysis of her tactics and empire tactics, etc. Like a wikipedia article. I would read it!

Yeah... it really was a so close, so very close. But she's a lawful type character who obeys the RULES.

I'm embarassed that I only just got the pun in Mary Sioux's name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back