1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fic recommendation/update Thread

Discussion in 'CW Index' started by Biigoh, Mar 30, 2013.

1. ward201

ward201 he/him

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/24/Mother-of-Learning

2. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8897316/1/Knight-of-the-Void
    Best depiction of Count Mott.

3. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

Because it's like distilling all the Adult Swim original shows and pouring it over Naruto with a sprinkle of lsd.

4. Dinya

Dinya Know what you're doing yet?

Chaos Theory (Ilya route by Moczo) updated!

Chapter Twenty-three: Boy Meets Girl
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372400/24/Chaos-Theory

5. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

New chapter from Cal reflector,

Lelouch of Britannia
    Chapter 29: Sticks and Stones

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/29/Lelouch-of-Britannia

Code Geass

Words: 5,649
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    Rated: T
    Character: Lelouch L.

Summary: History often hinges on a moment. What if young Lelouch avoided the fate of exile and remained with the royal family? All roles become reversed. The tale of Lelouch's quest for power and vengeance as the Black Prince of the Empire.

6. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Why not rec something.

The Dark Lords of Nerima
    Author: claymade
    Sailor Moon & Ranma 1/2 Crossover
    Description: Ranma and Ryouga are no strangers to trouble. But when they accidentally convince both the Sailor Senshi and the Dark Kingdom that they're megalomaniacal villains bent on world domination, trouble starts to take on a whole new meaning.

The fanfic is absolutely hilarious and uses the flavor of both series in a truly interesting and amusing way. It also has two Sequels in the form of "The Dark Lords Strike Back" and "The Dark Lords Ascendant" the last of which is still ongoing and has recently updated.

LordVile likes this.
  7. ward201

ward201 he/him

MOL updated. Holy fuck I think the genre just changed

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/26/Mother-of-Learning

8. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Accidental Hero of the Galaxy
    By: Random Equinox
    Commander Shepard. Hero of the Skyllian Blitz. First human Spectre. Potential savior of humanity and the known galaxy. Pity no one asked him what HE thought of all this.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Shepard (M) - Chapters: 31 - Words: 188,673 - Reviews: 202 - Favs: 522 - Follows: 209 - Updated: Nov 30, 2010 - Published: Jan 4, 2010 - Status: Complete - id: 5639538

I've been told that this is a Mass Effect version of Ciaphas Cain. Since I haven't read that story, I can't say whether that's true or not, so I'll just say that this is a really good take on the Mass Effect series, and is worth a read.

9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

So, why not recommend this super-feels manga I have discovered?

Name: Koe no Kitachi
    Type: Manga
    Location: Google it (I don't think I am allowed to link to sites like Mangahere)
    Author/Artist: Both Ooima Yoshitoki
    Genre: Drama, School Life, Shounen, Slice Of Life

It is so sad and happy and beautiful. The feels are drowning me in their feeliness! On one Hand, the main character deserves much hate, but I also pity him for what he goes through. And as much as he is a moron, he isn't actively malicious and really doesn't know better. Others are so much worse though I don't want to spoil things. I will just say that this is probably one of the most emotional things i have ever read and it isn't getting less feelish.

10. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Silly but Killy by Palladius

What if there were no Humans in Mass Effect? What if there were Orks instead? The Council would have a lot less sleep, for one thing.
    Rated: Fiction T - English - Humor/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 7 - Words: 19,725 - Reviews: 181 - Favs: 174 - Follows: 204 - Updated: Aug 11 - Published: Jul 30 - id: 10578266

11. Selias

Selias Well worn.

The Mafia King
    By: erimies
    Reborn had admittedly heard that his new pupil was a difficult one. He just hadn't thought his largest hurdle would be to make Tsuna give up his dream of becoming the pirate king. AU where Monkey D. Luffy was reborn as Sawada Tsunayoshi
    Rated: Fiction K+ - English - Humor - Luffy, Reborn - Words: 6,109 - Reviews: 38 - Favs: 343 - Follows: 74 - Published: Jul 28 - Status: Complete - id: 10573845

Drognen likes this.
  12. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Lioness of Stormwind
    By: Vahn
    Fate Stay Night Spin off, Saber is reborn on Azeroth after her death at Camlann, can she make a difference?
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Drama - Arturia Pendragon, Varian Wrynn - Chapters: 6 - Words: 36,801 - Reviews: 119 - Favs: 214 - Follows: 222 - Updated: 7h ago - Published: Mar 18 - id: 10198961

Wootius and akitsu91 like this.
  13. ward201

ward201 he/him

14. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Just binged on this and holy hell I love it. The characterization and feel of the world he has created is just amazing with a view of the three factions/races and a Kokabiel like I have seen in no other fic period.

15. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

Would anyone be interested if I made Squirrelly reviews fancs thread?

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  16. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Yes.

17. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Not entirely a fic req and more of an Author Rec that I have been thinking about doing for just because but didn't because he was AWOL. Darklooshkin has just come back from about a year long vacation from writing fic stuff and one of his major reasons for doing so was to read through Worm in his spare time of IRL. This news gives me warm tinglies and great hope for the near future.

For actual fic reqs from him:
    I know next to nothing about The Hunger Games but I do like the world he paints.

Sith Hermione and Harry, always a fun time.

Not really a fic and more his ideas spot but several I really love, Slytherin Without a Cause(Ch 19, 20, 27) being my favorite with The Chameleon and Dimensional SNAFU and its sequel MIB coming in close behind. Sulaco and its second part earn a mention as well for having the first were-xenomorphs I have ever seen.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Starfox5 and Least Devotee like this.
  18. ward201

ward201 he/him

After four years
    Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived Harry Potter loves, and is loved by, his parents, his godfather, and his brother. He isn’t mistreated, abused, or neglected. So why is he a Dark Wizard? NonBWL!Harry. Not your typical Harry’s brother is the Boy Who Lived story
    Has updated the best portrayal of Durmstrang I've seen

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5353809/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Boy-Who-Lived

19. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Got a few old but good ones.

I was in a Horror mood and decided to re-read some of my old favorites.
    And its sequel
    Ruskbyte also has one more horror!Hp fic, sadly unfinished at only about one chapter left before he just stopped for some unexplained reason.

20. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

In case anyone missed this, like I missed this thread until now, this story is now a published novel that can be found on Amazon.

21. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Another old one that makes me very sad the Author is not updating anymore.
    As stated it's not really a fic and more disconnected one-shots, but as you can see by the wordcount some of those one-shots are 70k+ and more complete than lots of 'completed' fics out there.

The author has moved one story from that file into it's own story as well. Not my favorite but it's decent.

Least Devotee likes this.
  22. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Another series of old fics from the same author that were the highlight of my day to see them update when they were a WIP and still hold a place in my Hall of Fame for not only oddness but being good with how they went about something extremely weird.
    And its sequel
    Describing those fics on one short sentence, Harry Potter falls into the Spring of Drowned Sailor Moon.

It's exactly as cracky as you would imagine but also played straight and is done quite well. It's well worth a read with both good humor and a decent serious plot to go with it.

Also by the same author
    A completely different take on Harry/Gabrielle, also well done with alot of really nice world building, tense plot moments, and humor sprinkled in.

Darth Drafter has also started another fic of Harry Potter finds The One Ring, but it only has 2 chapters since the author seems to have vanished.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Daimah likes this.
  23. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Vathara's at it again. This time with Ubel Blatt.

The Death of Ascheriit

24. ward201

ward201 he/him

25. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

A Harry Potter done like I have never seen before. Yes it is Female!Master of Death!Harry Potter but that means absolutely nothing like what you would think it does. This is one story I can say is actually unique in the how and why it goes about what it does.

There are also lots of omake/extra content chapters but the Author doesn't seem to want to put them all into a single story and you have to search their published stories to find them all.

26. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

Of Sheep and Battle Chicken Mass Effect Au
    AU retelling of ME1 in a darker, sinister universe. Much darker and more realistic views of the SA and the Citadel Council, a more dangerous, involved Cerberus, and a more conflicted Saren and Benezia. Changes much of the ME1 dynamic to remove plot holes with more focus on politics, military strategy, and space combat.

It's mass effect ReImagined to make sense and it's about a darker earthborn and more Ruthless FemShep. Not a shipping fic (although there's lots of that) it's more of a complete re-write of ME. The only real canon parts are the few bits of chapters -- Liara's meeting, some of the Eden Prime stuff.

27. ward201

ward201 he/him

28. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Disminded likes this.
  29. Berserkslash

Berserkslash Happiest. Fucking. Lizard.

30. Selias

Selias Well worn.

So did I. Apparently, he's a professional writer, now, and doesn't have much time for fanfiction. He says he's planning on writing something for Shadow Council, soon.

Disminded likes this.