1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Feb 4, 2015.

1. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

that was a joke.
    hmm, I seem to have been misinformed.

2. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Not actually the world, just a world. But, then, so are all Primordials.

Gaia's World Jouten is out exploring the Wyld somewhere.

1986ctcel, Jarudazuigu and mrttao like this.
  3. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Creation resembles Gaia, but is distinct. You can tell by the lack of horrifying superpredators eating everything that can't fight them off.

Wwind, 1986ctcel, kinglugia and 2 others like this.
  4. Stroth

I had no idea Gaia lacked superpreditors.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    mrttao likes this.
  5. Valette-Serafina

Tyrant Lizards are only apex predators. Also, they aren't literally everywhere.

6. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

Gaia's Themes include Blood, Predation, and Extinction.
    On Gaia's World-Jouten everything is a super-predator.

mrttao, vyor, 1986ctcel and 3 others like this.
  7. Valette-Serafina

An example.

Bre Karn, mrttao, 1986ctcel and 3 others like this.
  8. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

... The very post above my post:
    Also, citation needed on Raksha being related to or being able to become primordials.

Second also, there is no big difference between Raksha in Creation and the Wyld. Aside from risking real death and being more restricted in Creation.

1986ctcel likes this.
  9. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

Raksha Ishavara are on par with Incarna, and can keep growing (aka Fomorian Night the biggest Ishavara I remember from UCS's Glories splat).
    Incarna are like Fetich Third Circles. I think it was in splat about Solar Age, so called First Age because Primordials are broccoli, during descriptions of things that interacted with the few surviving Purebreed Lintha that were in a not small pickle due to remaining true to their design and seeing how mommy Kimbery became unreasonable bitch.
    Anyhow there is describtion, few lines really, about an ambitious Raksha trying for Ishavarhood by feeding on Primordial Essence.

No new ones popped up after Primordial War, or like I prefer to say Usurpation cause it's little difference between this and DB coup few thousands of years later.

Book about Raksha outright states that they and Primordials are related. Similiarities between Unshaped Raksha AND how Primordial have World Body and Third Cirlces.
    The big difference is that Creation influences all Raksha interacting with it, it's forcing them to play by it's rules. Thus consequences like destruction/devouring.

The Raksha-analogues uninterested in Creation ignored the lure and went for greener pastures AWAY the fuck.

Don't be silly, it's luvre. :D
    *insert cute tiger cub picture*
    It's Luna's little-monster's crush. Gaia probably thinks Luna is the cutest thing ever.

As far as I know, during 1ed Gaia was Creation. One of the reasons attacking her was out of question for rebelling Exalts. Neverborn made of Gaia would fuck everything over even worse than Exalted did.

mrttao likes this.
  10. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

I am not seeing a citation, only baseless supposition.

11. Sydonai

Keep in mind that that book is written mostly from a Raksha pov, and that White Wolf was never above lying about canon to readers/players and claiming that "it's just a matter of perspective".

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  12. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I don't understand this slang

Bre Karn likes this.
  13. Sydonai

IIRC it's the same as saying "And what are they, chopped liver?"

kinglugia, Jarudazuigu and mrttao like this.
  14. Jarudazuigu

mrttao , and this is why Syd will get fat with all those internet cookies he wins. :p

Because I always found it extra amusing how full of shit were Exalts by naming their rulership over what's left of Creation as "First Age". These idiotic humans won the Primordial Usurpation, a term more apt than War since implications are such that they did backstab Primordials suddenly and treacherously to "win", and afterwards gave aways the head-honcho position to shitty gods. Who, as Exalted lore shows, are unsuited to that and are short-sighted/low attention span idiots except several exceptions who still do not see past their tunnel vision like focus of interest. UCS -> Autochton's Xbox that said Primordial made so other Primordials don't break his toyz when bored. You can't be bored with super-cocaine that is Games of Divinity.
    Luna -> Gaia. Truth to be told, Luna is still performing her Reason to Exist because she can Shadow Clone and simulatenously do everything. Good Incarna. Pity Luna is also so barking mad it isn't funny.

Wwind and mrttao like this.
  15. Sydonai

What do you expect from a plural existence that was at least partially inspired by Oramus?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    mrttao and Jarudazuigu like this.
  16. Stroth

It's called the First Age because time wasn't linear before the Surrender Agreements. It's literally the First Age.

17. Valette-Serafina

As I recall, Creation anchored the nature of time and causality with its creation. That said, time travel was a thing before the surrender agreements, so there's a case to be made there. I'm pretty sure the Primordial War was stretched out to something close to a century by all the temporal distortion.

Biigoh and Sydonai like this.
  18. Stroth

In that they are things that can exist, yes. In that they are unalterable constants, oh my no. No one knows how long the Primordial War lasted because everyone lost track of all the times someone lost and their allies altered time to undo that loss.

And causality still isn't a thing that works very well in Creation. Half the field work of Sidereals is going out and fixing things when causality decides to take a day off because someone used too much essence and it has a headache. What was the example in the splats? Something like "Guy falls off a roof and ends up staring at his own corpse because reality can't decide if he's dead or not and just goes with both".

19. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

Nope, the war disrupted the flow of time but usable time travel was never a thing, Compass: Malfeas be damned.

It's 'causality' in the sense of 'bug in the matrix' (ie you fall to your death, you take enough impact to get splattered), not in the sense of 'go back in time to undo actions', that's the biggest NO FUCK NO in Exalted's thematics as both a game and a setting. You get no resurrection, you can't undo the consequences of your actions.

This toxic attitude towards time travel probably originates from SB and the VS. debate cesspool. I should know, I've been there enough times when I was young and foolish.

20. Stroth

It is now, yes. Because after the Primordial War Autochton and The Maidens and the Sidereals all sat down with the Loom of Fate and made it impossible. Which they did specifically because time travel was used as a tactic by both sides during the War and they wanted to make sure that no one could fuck up thier victory.

21. Bre Karn

Even if there was canon support for this hypothesis, it's one of the 2ndeditionisms that needs to die in a nuclear conflagration.

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  22. Valette-Serafina

It's from first edition, as an explanation for why time travel isn't a thing.

23. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

That isn't to say you can not have time travel in yoyr game. Just note that it is your game and thus rule of cool and not canon.

Heck, I had time travel in one of the games I ran... And the twilight player fucked over the setting by going back far enough and making changes to history and undoing the whole spirit rebellion thing (because the primordials won and things got renamed).

24. Bre Karn

Could I ask a reference for this, please?

25. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

I'll dig it up when I get home from werklandia in a few hours time.

26. Valette-Serafina

I cannot find it. I distinctly remember talking about it, shortly after being introduced to Exalted and before laying hands on an EX2 rulebook, but I cannot find it.

27. Bre Karn

I'm myself pretty sure references to Primordial War Era time manipulation are 2nd edition. Unless somebody can provide the quotes and sources of course.

Mmh, to be honest, there was that 1st edition novel, A Shadow Over Heaven's Eye, which had a closed timeline curve of some sort, but they aren't canon anyway.

28. Jarudazuigu

The references I know about timey-wimey shaeningans is that time-weapons were so bad that, in rare attack of common sense, both Exalted and Primordials named them as "too much".
    And they made Maidens cry, so there is that.:p

The example how bad time-weapons were? Time of Cascading Years that suddenly happened during Solar Age. So-called First Age. Something happened that caused extreme bullshit with time and casuality and the only semi-reliable frame of reference folks did get? Some poor Dragon-Bloods were cut-off from Creation on a Wyld Outposts for 240 years or so. Nobody believed them since some guys merely blinked and it was over, other guys died of old age(Solar old age, mind me) and some guys were just very confused as to why it's sunday when it was three days ago? Bullshit so extreme that Exalted Host collectively decided to not think about it, happy as clams that it resolved itself.

It's described in splat about First Age.

29. Sydonai

Also something about there only being one Exalt in each timeline?

Jarudazuigu likes this.
  30. Valette-Serafina

The time of cascading years? Not quite. Some timelines had lone exalts, others had groups.

Sydonai and Jarudazuigu like this.