1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Lucky-38

Lucky-38 On the house.

Playing Fallout 76 and just decided to be the resident Wholesome Community Member for all the newbies that are showing up for Black Friday. I'm gonna make a few level 5-10 guns with a lot of high-level attachments on them, and hop from server to server giving them out to people.

I have so far delivered two tricked out .44 revolvers, and a really nice pipe rifle! Plus, given somebody a ton of recipes! And delivered someone else a pile of crap he can sell for money!

2. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I bought the game yesterday since it looked interesting. Does anyone have tips for which civilization I should start as?

3. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

In my extremely limited experience, it really just depends on what kind of game you want to play.

The Vaulters seem like decent all-rounders and the Wild Walkers seem like standard elf types. I'd start with them.

The Necrophages need to be at war at all times, and the Broken Lords need to kill people and take their Dust deposits.
    The Roving Clans can't attack anybody, they just push people around economically until war were declared.
    The Cultists just make one huge city, and then sneak into indie villages and take them over.
    The Drakken are aiming for a Diplomatic victory.
    The Forgotten are dirtbag spies and invisible ambushers.
    Morgawr are all about coastal cities and ships.
    Allayi uses flying units and changes form based on the season.

Asymmetric doesn't begin to cover it.

4. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Another thing about those guys, they don't produce or need food, just Dust, so its actually more beneficial to set up your cities in deserts and other Low Food/High Dust environment. You increase your cities population by literally buying them with Dust too, so in term of Tech, income boosters take priority over everything else, no matter what. It's entirely possible to be a complete pacifist with the Broken Lord if you set up properly at the start and grab a Desert Biome Map.

5. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

So would you guys recommend endless legend it looks like civ 5 and i enjoyed that bar the terrible diplomacy system.

6. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I could never find a group to play with, but it is really, really pretty.

It sounds like we have at least a few players here on QQ though, so it might be fun to try and get together and play a few games.

7. Heaven Canceler

It is quite similar to Civ 5 on a look, though it is a bit more varied in that the start positions can make you have a stronger position compared to Civ. Like if you end up right next to 2-3 anomalies that all give food, you will have more population quite easily..

That said, civlizations here seem way more varied, so you got less freedom to adapt to the situation and just use whatever strategy you want I guess.

Not sure about diplomacy, but don't expect too much. All these sorts of games seem to go into the AI either being too passive, super aggressive or switching back and forth between these values whenever you get too strong... (Since the AI acts like it wants to win, or more precisely stop the player from winning period.) Still remember one game looong ago in Civ 5 where I was together on an island with Germany. We were best friends, happily trading with each other. Then suddenly one day he declares war on me out of nowhere. I was like WTF why dude?

korat56 likes this.
  8. Heaven Canceler

Okay.. playing Endless Legend and I had a mission to use a 3 unit army on a specific ruin, but had already split my forces to look at the surrounding lands. Didn't want to get them all back into one place, thought hey it can always wait until I have a good look at the surrounding, right?

Nope, turns out when I got to it, I next get a mission "research 8 era 1 technologies". Aaaannnnd it is part of what looks like a chain of ever continuing missions...

A bit of a warning would have been nice.. I had no idea letting that one mission hang there was going to block the entire quest line. Because you know, I have already reached Era two and there is not enough era 2 techs left to even fulfil the mission...

Edit: Okay, redact that. Turns out past research counts. Goodness, that would have been frustrating otherwise.

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So how has Red Dead Online been so far? Most of what I'm hearing has sounded pretty awful with griefers and the pay to win mechanics and the broken in-game economy and such. Which isn't a big deal since the single-player campaign was what I bought it for, though it is something of a disappointment to not get two good games in a single purchase.

10. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

The online itself is actually pretty fun all things considered. What most people are upset about, which I agree with, is the in-game economy, which is kind of shit. Since it's still in Beta they hopefully fix that. But like I said, playing the online itself is pretty enjoyable.

Meanwhile, Sony's new shitty regulation policies are fucking with the upcoming mainline Senran Kagura game:

Imabot likes this.
  11. Heaven Canceler

Anyone else bought Agressors: Ancient Rome? Interesting strategy game, thought looks a bit complicated, not unlike most Paradox titles.

12. Lady Vanatos

First I'm hearing off it.

13. korat56

korat56 Well worn.

Isn't this a play-station exclusive? those poor bastards, Soon to be literately no one will buy a titty ninja game with no titty's. And legally if this is an exclusive on paper then they will just have to eat the losses, I hope they can afford that.

Imabot and Lady Vanatos like this.
  14. Lady Vanatos

It's a damn shame I tell you.

Imabot and korat56 like this.
  15. Deathwings

Easiest way to deal with the problem would be to scrap the Exclusive deal. What do they even gain from only making it for Sony when Sony is being such a cunt about things ?

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  16. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Not for long it isn't!

Deathwings and Lady Vanatos like this.
  17. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

I hear sea shanties...

Deathwings likes this.
  18. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

I foresee a future where sony loses all of those exclusives for being nitpicky about the stupidest things.

Deathwings likes this.
  19. Deathwings

No, seriously guys, what do publishers get from making Consoles Exclusives ames in this day and age ? I understand why it would have been appealing even a decade ago, when Video Games were still relatively niche, but now ? I just don't see why they would cut themselves off from only selling to a third of what they could get from multi-platform sales.

20. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

Publisher kickbacks. Bundle exclusives. Fuels the console wars. In some cases, it's to protect IPs (Nintendo, mostly).

Teln likes this.
  21. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

And in same cases, it due to the company giving them the funds to keep going.

I recall Bayonetta became the exlusive to Nintendo it is now due to Nintendo giving Platinum the means to finish 2.

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So we got some unexpected news from Xenoblade 2 in the form of a lore dump that came out with the new Siren figure, which somehow was the first Xenoblade 2 model to get made instead of Pyra and Mythra (and their $400 PRICE TAGS), go figure. The text has been translated by a Xeno series blog but the big takeaway is that the Conduit is confirmed in writing to be the Zohar and there are multiple references tying XC2 to the rest of the Xeno series.

Also Mythra's design had to be censored a little for her spirit to show up in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate because Japan's ratings board has a thing about potential panty shots not being appropriate to an E10-rated game. Monolithsoft were pretty cool about it though and put her new design back into Xenoblade 2 and the Torna expansion as an equippable costume with a pretty powerful crit-boosting effect.

23. Heaven Canceler

It is a bit like playing an Paradox game with mechanics based on the Civilization series. You got cities that you build with settlers, build streets for easier travel, create infrastructure, research technology and trade with other nations etc....

There are a number of mechanics like morale and loyalty which influence things, and many units are better for different terrains, like Barbarian units being strong in forested areas while Romans are stronger on open fields. Which from what I read on steam makes it harder to keep a big empire together. Someone mentioned having a huge empire and still having to be pretty careful to not risk it splintering even though he was playing only on easy difficulty.

Here is a link to the developer stream:

Lady Vanatos likes this.
  24. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Nintendo's exclusives are actually a good reason why they're winning the console wars. Everything good on Xbone is also on Steam (this has been a problem for them since the first Xbox), while the PS-series really only has Bloodborne, the God of War series, and Naughty Dog's and Insomniac's libraries (now that MGS is finished - and Rising and V were also on Windows anyway - and Squeenix has ported every mainline FF since 3 to Steam).

If you want to emulate a Wii/U, though, you'll still need to fork over the money for a real Wiimote at some point. I know that Skyward Sword requires one. If you mostly play PC, it's just easier to play as much as you can on one and get a Nintendo system for most of the rest.

Teln and Deathwings like this.
  25. Deathwings

Nintendo's Exclusives tend to be exclusives becaise they're, well, their IP in the first place. Mario isn't gonna show up on a Playstation for example.

My earlier question as more about why 3rd Parties did Exclusive deals.

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Probably financial incentives. Like Rexis mentioned, Bayonetta wasn’t a Nintendo-exclusive until Platinum ran out of money for Bayo2 and Nintendo agreed to bankroll it in exchange for Wii-U exclusivity. Probably lots of stuff like that going on.

27. Lady Vanatos

I would argue that Sony has more exclusives than just those, it just so happens those are the most popular, which is fair. But it's actually springing how many exclusive games/series PS gets if one takes the time to look.

28. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I'm thinking of trying to play Baldur's Gate again. Last time I tried I got past the mine before giving up but I kind of feel like trying again. I was playing Pillars of Eternity but I find it too be too boring and uninteresting.

29. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Don't know how old this is but yeah.

https://archive.fo/VQsw1

For all you fallout 76 players well, you've likely been doxxed.

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Every time you think this trainwreck is finally over a whole ‘nother train smashes into it!

Derek58 and OverReactionGuy like this.