1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Fenrisfir

Fenrisfir Not too sore, are you?

Then Disgaea 1 and 5 complete are some good games to get. Diablo 3 also plays really good on the switch. Sadly I don't have a good micro sd card so I haven't downloaded any of the other eshop games I want. Sorry those games I mentioned except for Disgaea 1 complete are also on the Pc on steam and Blizzard.

2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, I would not recommend Disgaea 5 myself. But Disgaea 4 should come out in about 3 months.

Fenrisfir likes this.
  3. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Dragon's dogma dark arisen is pretty good but that's on steam.

4. OverReactionGuy

I straight up recommend Hyrule warriors though. It's one of the best warriors game that I've played in a really long time.

Ashali likes this.
  5. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Thankfully it got a complete edition for the switch. It's on my amazon wishlist with other Nintendo flagships. Sadly, buying Splatoon 2 seems to be a waste, as there will be no splat-festivals for this edition. Guess I have to wait for Splatoon 3.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  6. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

7. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

8. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I'm happy because the translation for the first one sucked but I'm also picturing the upcoming controversy. That and wondering why its being split into four part.

9. OverReactionGuy

Huh, so it's not the shitty nutaku game. Well, I don't care about the series anyway because of said game.

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  10. Bacon_commando

Bacon_commando Boo!

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I love the Taimanin series and I think it's great that the game is getting an official translation. This could also mean that other Taimanin games may be coming next, along with other Lilith titles. On the other, I don't like how they've split the game into four parts for some reason and I'm wondering how much each part is going to cost. At least the first part being available for free is nice. It's also possible that the game will get banned out of the blue after it is released or when it comes close to releasing.

Hopefully the game gets uncensored and is released untouched. If scenes do end up getting cut out, hopefully a directors cut DLC will be available similar to what happened with Saya no Uta.

Least Devotee likes this.
  11. OverReactionGuy

So blizzard is changing the meta of diablo 3 in season 18 by adding a new legendary gem based upon season 17.

Man, say what you will about them but they are at least listening to their player base in diablo 3. I still fear for diablo 4 though.

Least Devotee and GoodMonday like this.
  12. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

They announced Diablo 4?

13. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

No? IIRC, it just so happened that after the "Don't you guys have phones?" someone from Blizzard "accidentally" got out a "Diablo 4 is in development" picture, or something.

warlock7 and Imabot like this.
  14. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I wonder what happened to that guy. Did he hate that he had to present a mobile game version? Was his question sincere or just an attempt to stall for time? Did he know beforehand, or was he told at the last possible second what he was going to present?
    One can only hope he managed to move on from that disaster.

GoodMonday likes this.
  15. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I am not sure, but it could be that he genuinely thought it would get a huge applause. I remember reading something about how the Asian market is incredibly different from the western one, with especially Chinese people having huge travel times to work by bus and often needing some time-waster in the form of mobile games. So these sort of mobile games are much more popular over there. And he may not have known how different the market is and that the western audience is mostly PC and console gamers.

GoodMonday likes this.
  16. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Poor guy.

17. OverReactionGuy

No idea but I fear for it.

18. BigBoom550

BigBoom550 Relentlessly Hedonistic

From what I recall:

He did not want Diablo Immortal to be a thing. He made sure the admins knew this in some way that pissed them off.The admins turned around and, at the last minute, told him he was presenting it.

I wouldn't doubt that he wanted to crash the product in some way just to spite them.

19. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I looked at this trailer, and all I could think, was this:
    "Isn't this just SFW Corruption of Champions?"

visus, ninguem and Malcolmo like this.
  20. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Wow that song sounds like something straight out of a movie from the 80's.

ninguem likes this.
  21. SuperMod

SuperMod perfectly immaterial surf

Its very newretrowave alright. Its getting popular again with things like kung fury and stranger things

22. Gorgrath177

Gorgrath177 Professional supervillain

So who else here would give an arm and a leg to get a battlefield style warhammer 40k multiplayer game with destructible environments where you play as a marine/ork/eldar/tyranid with ai controlled guardsmen and other lesser minions?

Least Devotee and Rakdos92 like this.
  23. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

That would depend a lot on how the gameplay would work.

You'd need a good melee system that makes charging in a viable option for most factions/unit classes and the preferred course of action for a select few of them. You'd need to implement vehicles in a way that does their tabletop counterparts justice. You'd need to include Psyker powers with all they entail.

24. Gorgrath177

Gorgrath177 Professional supervillain

Eh I don’t agree about psykers, they can just be left out for the first game, melee I agree on, vehicles are done pretty well in war games anyway. Mostly I just want SOMETHING decent. There hasn’t been any movies, full on multiplayer shooter, or rpg’s in the warhammer universe and it sucks!

Least Devotee likes this.
  25. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

Aren't Psykers (or at least Psychic powers and Warp fuckery) important to more than a few armies' strategies? I think the Eldar and some Chaos factions, at the very least, would be severely handicapped without access to Warp fuckery, enough that they would have to be absent from the game.

I can think of a couple ways to add Psyker powers to a Battlefield style game, so the issue is less feasibility and more the implementation.

But I agree that a Warhammer 40K action game (be it a shooter, a hybrid shooter/Hack 'n Slash or a full RPG) would he most welcome. The last good WH40K videogame I can remember was Space Marine. And the Chapter Master fangame, but that one wasn't official.

Least Devotee and Gorgrath177 like this.
  26. King_Mob

King_Mob I trust you know where the happy button is?

Whelp, looks like Homeworld 3 is going to be a thing.

...yeah, my confidence for this is low. I suppose we'll have to see, but this definitely won't be a day 1 buy for me.

27. doomlord9

doomlord9 Experienced.

Honestly, no game ever should be. I always wait at least a week and let others discover the cracks and flaws before even considering a purchase.

If they have early purchase bonuses or rewards that you'll miss in that time period, that alone is a major red flag warranting suspicion. Anything else can wait to see if you'll be wasting your money.

28. King_Mob

King_Mob I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nah. There are some I have no issues with throwing down money on well in advance of their publication - for sheer appreciation for their developers, if nothing else.

That said, given the annoyance that was Homeworld 2's annoying variably difficulty, and the inclusion of such in the Homeworld remake... yeah, Homeworld:Cataclysm really was the highmark of the series.

aquinas likes this.
  29. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

I've never played a classic-style Castlevania before and HOLY FUCK DXC/Rondo is hard.

I just wanted to unlock SOTN, and eventually did, but I must've loaded state a dozen times against the Axe Armor on the first screen of Stage 2 - just a regular enemy, as the Axe Armor always has been in CV. The Werewolf, Minotaur and especially Dullahan bosses were much, much worse. The last time a game kicked my ass this much was that one time I tried Super Meat Boy. Unlike Meat Boy, Richter is both horribly fragile and horribly slow, and he can't even aim for shit (though that last part is probably my muscle memory from all six GBA/DS titles).

...The badly-translated monster names in SOTN (e.g. "Dhuran" instead of Dullahan and "Karasuman" instead of Malphas. Just... really?) bug me so much that I'm getting the PSX JP version and the fanpatch instead, so the whole exercise was something of a waste, but ehh. Ideally there would be a version with all of the following:
    • Choice between the original dub, DXC dub, and JP voices + accurate subs
    • Accurate monster/item names (consistent with the original text and later games)
    • HD graphics and larger viewing screen (16:9 and larger FOV relative to Alucard/Richter/Maria)
    • Now-standard QOL improvements (map completion as a percentage instead of a room count, bestiary and item database in menu, use items directly from menu, different map areas are color-coded like in ESA and Samus Returns, etc.)
    • Some weapons changed to the greatsword class from later games, with an overhead arc instead of just hitting what's in front of Alucard. The Valmanway is still OP as shit, so it won't make a difference in endgame, but being able to hit things above you without jumping is super important in a Metroidvania.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    ninguem likes this.
  30. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

>Me in the next 30 minutes or so.
    [​IMG]

Least Devotee, Teln, SuperMod and 7 others like this.