1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Zoat seems to be basically using the classic representation, in which the anti-life equation is just math, built into the universe the same way Pi is.

The fact that the ale gives superpowers? It's DC, so does figuring out the theory of everything- Blackstarr, Jew adopted by Nazis gained power over gravity, electromagnetism, strong, and weak forces as a reward for topping Einstein.

Later interpretations have made the Anti-Life Equation the Dark Side of the Source, broken off when the Old Gods attacked the Source, cutting it into twain, separating Light from Dark.

Post flashpoint so Zoat is rather unlikely to use it, the anti-life equation is the life equation of the anti-matter universe, the mathematical thesis of a universe of darkness.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Speaking of nightmares what is the Corinthian doing right now?
    Was he destroyed by Dream and replaced with a newer model and now going on his road trip with Matthew?

Relyt33, moralrelativity and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

This is very wholesome. Heh. Grayven is well on his way to becoming Luna’s consort, if this unreserved friendship based on trust and support I see building between them keeps up.

...Fuck, I think I’ve become a brony. Is this how it starts?

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Well...

[​IMG]

5. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

This fic is itself like an Orange power ring. It gives you everything you want in a superhero fanfic, but it turns you into a rampaging brony

6. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

The main problem with Luna is of course that she was gone a thousand years and Eqestria seemingly suffered no issues from this.

Celestia handled the moon, nightmares seemingly were no trouble. The only explanation would be if Nightmare Moon did these things as well, to prove she was a good ruler, but that is never shown.

One could argue that another Alicorn to help defend Eqestria would be valuable...if both sunbutt and moonbutt hadn't proven over and over again how useless they are.

And the fact that she is nocturnal doesn't help matters either.

7. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

Considering a number of their cities seem to be based on Earth's it's unlikely there isn't at least one city which could earn the name "The city that never sleeps."

Get enough people/ponies together in one place and it becomes extremely convenient to have someone working a night shift. Unless the entire species is magically incapable of staying up at night which seems odd considering they control pretty much all aspects of nature.

8. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Heh, that's one pony (of many, now) who takes her job very seriously.

Yeah, only a few weirdo ponies sit upright. Like Lyra. And equine physiology is very limited in postures and resting positions.

Don't take it as a sign of romantic interest, Grayven...

But Darkseid declared you Suzerain of Earth. That alone legitimises you. As for accepting you as his son, He clearly wanted to give the other Grayven a good kick in the arse concerning his role.

Good. A secret is best kept by only one. The more who know, the more who can reveal it, accidentally or otherwise. Bad enough the Father Box knew it, even partly.

In other words: "What will you do when the shit hits the fan and you get outed?"

Wilsonian Ponies are basically built to be cuteness personified...

And Luna goes "Wat."

Heh, remaining true to that long-lost video.

"Think... Think 'cute' like a puppy or a kitten."

And morphologies are easily adjusted. Why, they have a mirror perfectly equipped to do so.

...Celestia did make sure Luna was brought up to speed on modern culture, law, and so forth, didn't she?

<Double-Picard> Oh, gods-damn it, sun-butt... You had one job... Please tell me Grayven tells her off when she shows her sparkly hide?

It'd be a weird one if it was...

Seriously, Celestia had better get one hell of a dressing down when she turns up...

Ah, right. No choreography effect, no easy movement. Back to baby steps...

:D Rings! Do the thing!

Oh, my. I hope that isn't the equivalent of some romantic gesture in pony culture...

You're assuming she has a night-shift of castle-keeping staff?

Real jobs, not 'lounging around the house in your underwear' stuff...

I would not expect many occurrences of that sort of thing, especially these days. Outside of what she inflicted on herself...

Celestia? God no, she sleeps like a log.

Hopefully not 'not at all.'

Does that mean a road-trip to Earth?

Try stopping her, Grayven. Go on, just try.

And there's what she wants: To be an actual ruler, not the 'pretty younger sister' who sits around arranging curtains by herself...

Well. I can see other people looking at this relationship and going "So, when's the wedding?" Honestly, Celestia dropped the ball hard here. Did she just assume that yes, Luna will just happily drop back into the 'little sister' role and be content to relax? Look where that got her last time.

Correction:
    Something there is unneccessarily... Mangled.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  9. oct9010

oct9010 .

Princess Regnant, presumably, unless she only reigns in Celestia's name while she's asleep or something.

10. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

It's also good PR.

Which is what got her noticed by fans and is part of why she is such popular Anthropologist.

That they are.

Bat Ponies are a thing and some seem to serve Luna or at least wear armor with her colors.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wonder what Luna would be like on Earth?
    Zoat said that Sunset couldn't use her univorn magic because she lacked a horn, but would Luna become something like a New God if she goes through the mirror?

Zoat in the april 1st episode where a version of Paul offered a ring to Luna, was that version of Wilson and Equaestria located in the DC universe instead of some other universe because i remember reading about a Karnan vessel?

Potential romantic partners for Luna would be Vohc.
    Both he and Luna have a not so great history with their siblings and they can make some workplace romance, Luna making sure the moons of different planets stay in proper alignment and Vohc terraforming those worlds.

Cuchulin and Relyt33 like this.
  12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, I know about her Night Guard. I meant housework staff, like maids, cooks and secretaries...

13. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

It is just me, then. Sorry.

14. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Hmm. Am I the only one who wants to know what g-gnomes, and related, look like if pony-fied?

If you want to get exotic (I might suspect MLP:FIM fans know all about this) you could ask what happens if you take a pony from Earth and persuade them to go through the portal/Mirror? Do they turn into an ape? Get Uplifted? Get really, really, confused? :)

15. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

In rebuttal:
    [​IMG]

16. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

If this were 100% true, neither xenophillia nor bestiality would be things. As has been said before, all an adolescent male human going through puberty needs to be aroused is a suggestively shaped knothole in a fence post. While that's not LOVE, per se, it's more than nothing.

(Curiously, I've never come across a similar quote for human females, of any age, and not being one myself I can't comment.)

17. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Feels like he's dismissing that way too quickly. After all, dreams are a big enough deal in the DC universe to be worthy of one of the Endless dealing with them.

It's a fantasy utopia; real threats are pretty uncommon (save for season finales, but generally able to be wrapped up in 22 minutes), so I'm not sure this is all that useful a scale.

Beyond that, if she has an interest in a grassroots effort to win the hearts and minds of the citizens, that kind of retail one-on-one interaction (without all the usual costs of travel, bureaucracy and figuring out who actually needs help the most) seems pretty useful.

I mean, she literally has the ability to shape the minds of impressionable young children when they're most vulnerable. If Grayven isn't seeing the opportunity there, he's really not thinking that hard.

Sure, there might be issues with how efficiently she's going about it, but writing off that entire realm seems a bit shortsighted.

18. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I wonder if that wing twitch she had when he said he wanted to cuddle her at first sight was an allusion to the dreaded wing-boner.

As for giving Luna the confidence to be a proper ruler, just tell her to fight racism like in Equestria at War. Or maybe she doesn't actually want to rule anymore since apparently Celestia and Luna planned to just fuck off and retire, forcing Twilight to take on the responsibilities of ruling Equestria.

19. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

You know this raises a question for me, how will his kids react to meeting Luna? Will they fall in love with their new potential princess pony mom? little girls and princesses after all.

Would the possibility of becoming a step mom be an issue for Luna in a theoretical relationship? Or maybe a plus? perhaps Luna would like have a few little girl looking up at her in admiration to shower with love. It would certainly be something she beat her sister to in someway, I mean a thousand years and no nieces for Luna to come back to! For shame Celestia!

20. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Oh, I can't want for Celestia's reaction.

Cuchulin, Xjalnoir and Darko like this.
  21. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

One would presume the later is linked to the former. Consider:
    • Before the Nightmare Moon banishment, Celestia and Luna had to regularly deal with numerous S-class (world-threatening or similar) threats (Tirek, Discord, Windegos, Changelings, etc)
    • During the Nightmare Moon banishment, none of these threats materialized for a thousand years.
    • Immediately after Nightmare Moon returns (and is rainbow-blasted back into Luna), a bunch of S-class threats, including several of the ones from before the Nightmare Moon banishment, all suddenly rise again, within a few years of each other, and Celestia and Luna are now unable to handle them.
    One would naturally link all these together, and conclude that Celestia made some sort of sacrificial bargain when she banished Nightmare Moon, weakening the diarchs in exchange for a thousand years of peace. Hopes then would rely on a weakened Nightmare Moon being defeated by an awakened Elements, who would then have to contend with the sorts of threats that the diarchs normally had to deal with, while they recovered.

22. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Especially since horses are not diurnal.

Nor are they noctornal.

They have alternating sleep cycles, so herds don't sleep.

So every pony city, every pony village should never sleep.

I saw someone online with the theory that Luna's whole "They don't appreciate me because they sleep at night" was a delusion on her part. Zoat went a different way obviously.

Of course, horses also don't talk, have magic, or sing songs about friendship, so having different sleep cycles seems like a weird hill to die on when it comes to suspension of disbelief. <shrugs>

True Ninja, Kingoron, BBJimmy and 6 others like this.
  23. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Equestria at war created a 4th main pony race specifically so that Luna could fight racism. In canon, the only other widespread race is the crystal ponies. Other races exist, but there’s not many of them (Zebras, diamond Dogs, and griffons are discriminated against, but there seems to be very few of them and racism might not be as much of a problem if there were more of them in Equestria (at least for zebras).

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

25. desolatedsabers

desolatedsabers Know what you're doing yet?

from what i remember people were only racist towards zecora because she scared the ever loving fuck out of them by living in the hellscape that was the everfree forest. diamond dogs are brutish dickheads that generally nick gems without thinking too hard on who they hurt in the process. griffons, at least in gilda's case, are fight hungry pricks. or at least very aggressive. any act of actual "Racism" is mostly motivated by past grievances or in zecora's case "Scary lady vibes." so there isn't really anything to fight aside from miscommunication.

Simonbob, dogbertcarroll and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Where's Sinestro Ring? How is he taking Renegade!OL acting without any dignity after becoming an Alicorn?

Jormuungaand and DAT_NOOB like this.
  27. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Dream in DC doesn't deal with dreams but with The Dream.

Something that, irrc, all other realities depend on. Normal dreams are, like, tiny imitations, connected to the bigger thing.

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Mr Zoat

Yes.
    That ending was stupid. 'Let's put a twentysomething mare with minimal government experience in charge of a county'. I'm decanonising everything from when they decided to found a school, which was also moronic.
    On the Renegade's right ear.
    Dignity is a relative concept.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat are we going to see Common sense Paul in this episode?

Will you be showing any of the Pauls from the first april 1st episode?

Are we going to find out what renegades cutie mark is anytime soon?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Handlewithcare likes this.
  30. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Sloppy. He has two power rings, a mother box and a soul that can reach across planar barriers to his vassals. There is no excuse for not pinging GMT.

Seems to be ‘all the lessons Luna asked for’.

Difficult issue actually. Do you treat her as effectively an invalid and dictate her life? Or do you treat her as an adult who will work to rectify her own problems? Do you force her to take lessons related to the job you expect her to do? Or wait for her to decide what job she wants?
    Presumably either Celestia is content to give her immortal sister more than a couple of years to sort herself out or she got rather distracted by all the disasters that suddenly started hitting.