1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat would it be possible for Old Gods to at least have some effect and influence on alien planets if they have some worshiper/s there?
    You said that they could probably travel through space under their own power.

Thought about my previous question about Tamaran and Helios.

I know you said that Helios would have trouble empowering the 'andr sisters because they are aliens who grew up on a diffrent planet, but if he somehow figures out a way to do that then I'm pretty sure Kom would jump at the chance for more power, especially after she sees what the blessings did for Kon.
    Laser eye beams capable of damaging planets seems like someone who wants power, that being Blackfire, would gladly give some worship for.
    Hell if he was capable of giving Kon the powers to damage planets then he could also potentially turn Tamaraneans into X'hal like beings of power, assuming he figures out a way to do that and is capable of doing it to that level.

Also if Helios can have influence on other planets then I'm pretty sure that other Tamaraneans would also start worshiping him.

I know you said they wouldn't change their culture for the SI, but if they see the benefits of worshiping him then I'm pretty sure that a portion of them would gladly switch faiths.

X'hal doesn't seem to be involved in this universe like she was in the n52 comics, where she was leading her own followers on missions of mercy and benevolence across planets, so yeah if Tamaraneans see that Helios is more involved with them they could choose to follow him.

Plus Helios honestly seems like he could do more good for them than he would for humans.

Primarily because Tamaraneas being solar powered could greatly benefit from his influence.

He doesn't even have to empower them so much just a bit of extra sunlight after a morning prayer to get charged for the day.

Can paragon Kon be affected by red sunlight now that he has Helios's blessing?

Would Kon lose his Kryptonian powers if he was under a red sun now that he has been empowered by Helios?

Is there going to be any future episode that focuses on Thanagar and their interest in Earth gods?

Will the any of the Seven Devils make an appearance any time in your story and not just their minions?

Will any of Kryptons gods make an appearance in your story?

Will the paragon Team be getting any new members?

Ngamer11 likes this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, if he did that fifteen days would pass. And Luna would be slightly annoyed until he came back and explained, and then she would laugh at him.
    The point I was making is that based on the information already at the reader's disposal, they can't possibly be the same Equestria.
    Okay, Darko? Like my local supermarket, I'm going to limit you to two a day. Which two do you want me to answer?

3. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Day 4,318.

Ponies.

Still. On. Ponies.

When will the horror end?

Uyurgezn, True Ninja, Jaron and 2 others like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Can Old Gods have influence on other worlds if they have a worshiper/s on it?

Can Kon lose his Kryptonian powers under a red sun now that he has the blessing of Helios?

Navi-Hank and DrThoth like this.
  5. Mr Zoat

Wednesday, you giant drama queen.
    Depends on the Old God. Some can.
    Can he? Certainly. Just disrupt the blessing or get him out of range.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Huh after paragon took Kon to go see Krypton and he let loose his new eye beams, planet destroying eye beams to be exact, I thought that he didn't have a range.

Though yeah if he was taken to the other side of the galaxy, or another galaxy entirely, then he could potentially lose the arcane connection he has with Helios.

A thought just came to me.

If renegade can open Boom Tubes to Equestria then there is a chance that Darkseid can do it too.

I know renegades Motherbox was made by a rebel leader, but said rebel leader, Himon, may just be playing along to Darkseids tune seeing as in the comics Darkseid and he were in the same room and Darkseid spared himv even though he is leading a resistance against him.

If Darkseid finds out about the Elements and that they can destroy the Equation.. well the ponies are fucked.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Ngamer11, DrThoth and Lupercal like this.
  7. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

*ceases polishing the jeweled crown* Wednesday? We could all be dead by then!

8. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Good. That means we will be saved from any INTELLIGANT life forms discovering this world (or at least much of North America) is filled with feces flinging monkeys.

Hell's Razer, Norgarth and Darko like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ah the world.

Truly it...sucks.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

So, if it sucks all the time, that can obviously be harnessed as a source of power? :)

Things to worry about: OL getting drunk enough that he says, "I've got this, hold my ring"? :)

(You can decide if that's better or worse than "Hold my beer". :) )

EDIT:

I seem to keep putting 'OJ' instead of 'OL' - I think it's because orange juice (OJ), is, strangely, orange...

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  11. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

All versions of Mumm-Ra can be hurt by sunlight.

It can't kill him though.

Lupercal likes this.
  12. Norgarth

Norgarth Making the rounds.

Yeah, I too foresee Lynn (and the other kids) demanding ponyback rides from her dad, and maybe Sunset):D

13. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

You say that as if this author already doesn't blithely discard things that are nominally canon after a point of divergence.

I know he's been asking a lot of questions, but this is a legitimate correction.

We have brown gravy too!

14. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

White gravy is still gravy. It's still made with meat drippings. It's just whitened instead of browned.

And it's just one type of gravy used in America. Not the only kind. We have the normal gravies too.

15. Cuchulin

We also have Wavy Gravy , for now at least.

Ardy likes this.
  16. Railhazar

Railhazar I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well, it seems that the issue between Celestia and Sunset can't be surmize anymore as it's all Celestia's fault.

Sunset doesn't want to make peace. She want Celestia to tell her she was wrong.

The issue is that she is not. The Starswirl's Alicorne Ascension Spell needs for the recipient to go throught some form
    of spiritual enlightement about the nature of Harmony, Friendship and how Magic is connected to these concepts.

However the path of enlightement is not found in books or the cold fact of the scientific method.

Sunset firmly and stubbornly followed a pure scientific approach.

Unfortunately, it was not a job for a scholar or a scientist but for a philosopher.

Ultimately, Celestia biggest failure was her inability to convey this fact.

Right now, Sunset Shimmer is an angry scientist who has missed and is still missing the point in spite of having succeed in
    her goal.

The point is a that she was a poor student. She stubbornly refused to listen to her teacher, distrust her and arrogantly decide
    that she knew better than the thousand year old Alicorn who has ascended throught Starswirl's spell.

So instead to sit down for a second to reflect upon that she may actualy be wrong.

She decided to blame Celestia for all her woe like Dr Doom did to Reed Richards.

17. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

18. QuiescentQueste

QuiescentQueste Not too sore, are you?

Celestia was wrong. Literally none of what you said here is correct because CELESTIA WAS WRONG. You are also wrong by Zoat's canon.

19. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Do you have a link to the chapter with red lantern paul and the false angel I've been looking through the thread and cant find them?

Wheenesss likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Here, here, here and here.
    How are we defining 'false'?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  21. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

It's the chapter named 'Fratricide Squad' if I recall correctly.

22. AtomicGeneral25

AtomicGeneral25 Insert Creativity Here

This would be a very good point, if it were not for the fact that Celestia was in fact wrong. She tried to get Sunset to follow the path that would allow her to ascend using Star swirl's spell (the philosophical approach as you put it). Based on everything Celestia knew about ascension, this was a reasonable course of action to take, even if she did a poor job of conveying the meaning to Sunset, it wouldn't change the fact that she thought Sunset's purely scientific approach wouldn't work. She wasn't being malicious in that, and a lot of things had to go exactly right for sunset to gain the capability to prove her wrong, but it doesn't change the fact that, at the end of the day, a purely scientific approach did work, Sunset proved it, and therefore Celestia was in fact wrong, and therefore was wrong to stifle Sunset's exploration of that approach.

23. Cuchulin

No, if Sunset was a scientist it is in part because that is what Celestia taught her to be. Sunset missed the point because Celestia was trying to communicate in Zen Koans an trying to force Sunset to be some pony she wasn't. If Celestia wanted Sunset to be like Twilight then she didn't want a student so much as a cultist.

24. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

I thank you both for your assistance, also the red lanterns are not how I expected them to be

Wheenesss likes this.
  25. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Hey, I just had a thought. Was it ever mentioned what OL would do if he woke up in orbit of Earth with a power ring in the Mass Effect universe?

Considering how much mileage the Paragon/Renegade symbols have been getting, I'd have thought there'd be a few snips in the 'verse they're from.

26. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Beeline for the nearest Cerberus Taco cart recruitment booth? On one hand it involves dealing with human scum with delusion of competence on the other... well Miranda.

Alternately,

Do the same with the Migrant Fleet and hit on Xen? Claudia Black is Claudia Black matter the species.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This whole pony episode thing may end on Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Wednesday is April 1st so Zoat could have been trolling when he said we'd be finished with the ponies by then

AtomicGeneral25 and Cuchulin like this.
  28. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

There is nothing in ME that can charge the ring of a rockies lantern, he would have to assimilate a bunch of people and have the ring consume the resulting constructs for charge... And I don't know if that is a charge positive exchange.

The first thing he would have to do is pillage databases for the restricted information on military grade cybernetic implants and power armor (armiger combat insertion armor build for human specs, then start to add cybernetics, nanomachines and element zero like a transhuman amalgam of the best Alec Ryder, the cyborgs NY from multi-player and Shepard post rebirth with a few book characters as well) to give himself an edge for when the charge dies.

I wouldn't go with the flotilla quarians, they are too focused on getting their home world to use their neurons properly, if you want quarians bootie the Turians host a sizeable diaspora of quarians that abandoned the space gypsy fleet (the propaganda novela Yalí loves was made by them).

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I don't think consuming the construct lanterns allows him to recharge his ring.

Lupercal likes this.
  30. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

I think that's still negative charge by the standards set for this story. Assimilating people/Identity Theft still costs charge so he would still end up with less than he spent. Sybarite somehow managed to make it work with demons (thou I still don't understand how) but there's a dearth of those in Mass Effect verse. *shrug* Fallout SI made it work so I guess blowing the available charge for one-time self-enhancement would have him set on the personal power angle. Since it's Mass Effect I guess that means he'll just have to become Niftu Cal. That being said, no meta-knowledge so he'd probably waste quite a bit of charge just gathering information on upgrades.

Yeah, this.

I'm sorry, I stopped reading anything after 'I wouldn't go with the flotilla quarians' because that would mean no Claudia Black's voice.