1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Man, you missed a perfect moment to link the George Takei clip... I'm sure someone will...

It's amazing how simply some superheroes dress, really. Really takes a certain kind of man to make a sweet three-piece suit work as vigilante wear. Don't even start on the ones basically wearing military surplus...

At least he has people he knows here. People who can help him yell at the League, perhaps.

Hmm... Because of his association with the Knight family, was it?

"And he hasn't brought the technology to market because...?" Then again, the future of Batman Beyond does have stuff like flying cars, so presumably he eventually did. Or Luthor made it there first.

Just have to keep them on task. I wonder how many incidents of malign hypercognitive disorder he's had to.. pacify by this point.

Yeah, the DCAU timelines are all futzed up in terms of who came along when. After all, when you have the pick of all DC history to use in your superhero cartoon, why not go nuts? Then again, who's to say that Crimson Avenger isn't a legacy hero, merely inheriting the triggerless Colts of his predecessor...

Forget it, Shepard-lite, you don't have the Charm or Intimidate skills necessary to blow this conversation off.

I'm sure Bats has been making very sure he's never anywhere near Peter at any time, even as Bruce Wayne...

He's probably justifying to himself as 'removing a possible trigger for conflict from his sector' or something...

The joy of having to max out your Knowledge:Law skill because you can't work on any superpower-related stuff...

And isn't that a scary threat to the League. The obvious implication that he knows who they really are (assuming he didn't drop that on Batman back when he 'confiscated' the Ring...)

No, Stewart, you are not going to be able to turn this into the kind of argument you can win...

Ha! Well done, Peter. Staring down a Green Lantern and making him break first. Well done indeed.

Oh, I didn't know Stewart was a mushroom...Kept in the dark and fed shit:V

Oh, he thinks he's got an out, does he?

I mean, technically he did, even if he's not aware of it. I'm sure Hinon Hee Hannanan is around here too. Probably still snoozing on Maltus...

Ah, nice to see the Blue and Gold bros for once... I'm sure this story is going to spread right fast.

I can tell he's thinking 'Oh, I'm gonna need backup for this shit...'

Ah, you could take them in an argument.They're generally too nice a group of guys to make it physical... Unless you push them into going Justice Lords.:D

I would be very tempted to raise it with middle and index fingers extended, back outwards. Set the tone properly early.

Still doesn't excuse it, Supes. And drop any lines about 'potential risk' either.

A reminder: 'Doppelgängered (part 19)'. Let's not harp on how easily he did it, please...

Oh, he has many plans. None of them involved attacking the Justice League until you took his stuff...

You hardly need it these days. Far too many skill points invested in the Tech Mogul class instead of the Ring Shaman. And a Cosmic Rod is hardly anything to sneeze at.

Again, I doubt Peter bothered to put much effort into combat applications of his ring once he realized he wasn't going to be able to recharge...

Please, do tell us. I doubt this is just a visit for high tea.

At this point, you're going to be lucky if his first answer isn't 'Shove those pointy ears where the sun don't shine.'

Okay, not as pithy as what I said, but he seems to be taking this seriously. Apparently the League can recognise common sense and genre-savviness are valuable traits to them, given how many Pauls end up advising heroes.

To be honest, for best effect, they'd want their main gun pointing outwards, not inwards. I bet that amazes extrasolar visitors anytime they pass Earth. "They point their orbital weapons at their only biosphere? These people are mad."

Damn it, now I'm remembering the stinger of Pacific Rim: Ron Perlman cutting his way out of a dead baby giant monster's stomach, yelling "Where the hell is my shoe!":V

Boy, the League have really stepped in it. You do not mess with an Orange Lantern's stuff (even if he didn't wear the ring much.) I can only hope we get to see him yelling at the Guardians next... And if he does, it will be glorious.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here you go.

RGFJ and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  3. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Since it's a DCAU world, if I remember right, it seems like it's also around the time when Cadmus was starting, so Waller and friends might actually help on the government side of things

DiceArt, Ardy and Ngamer11 like this.
  4. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

And then congrats, Peter turns the Justice League into the Justice Lords, who rule the world with an iron fist.

Great plan.

5. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

I didn't say every villain, I mean one villain who's gimmick is that he does things legally but annoys the fluck out of heroes. Maybe even makes them attack him and then he sues them. Like that time when Lex Luthor made Superman believe that he was doing something nefarious to make him attack an innocent construction.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I would change it, but since he's not wearing it there's nothing to keep him referring to it in that way.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I'd have to study John Stewart's diction to be certain, but I think it's alright.
    If I remember correctly, he did that using indestructible androids while teamed up with the Joker, and his final plan was to use them to rob a bank rather than anything else at all.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  7. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I wouldn't be surprised if they offered an invitation or tried to get him to unknowingly work with them. He would then counter by starting a benevolent version of Cadmus. That means it is backed by the (British) government, which I hope isn't the corrupt demon worshipping mess in this universe, and is seen as a force of good that can rival the Justice League; and can also get people who are disillusioned with the League, like what happened with Captain Marvel in the DCAU, to join them.

Ardy likes this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably.

Luthor may have died when he gave old Uxas the AL Equation.

Don't know if he came back in any tie in comics however.

Between fifty and eighty most likely.

Or just a fan who decided to emulate his hero.

Paul and not!Grayven are the only Shepards here.

Just imagine them at a party and Peter making subtle hints about Bruce being Batman and insulting him.

To be fair it technically is that.

If Larfleeze found out about it he would most likely try to get it for himself.

And that's without mentioning all the other factions that would like ti if they found out it existed.

He did tell him he knows who he is.

Stewart may not have been trying to intimidate him all that much.

I think a lot of the Green Lanterns don't know about the other Maltusians.

He could just think the Star Sapphire was Qwardian or some other aliens creation.

Lots of people may have tried to copy Lantern tech.

Batman, Hawkgirl and possibly Diana may have tried to do something physical if they thought he was threatening them.

They have Batman on their roster and in a leadership role, so yes they kinda are in some aspects mad.

I need to see this.

That's assuming the Guardians decide to humor him and let him come to them.

Or that they would care what he has to say in the first place.

They've probably been insulted by a whole lot of people who were angry the Guardians for making themselves the universal police force, even if it was necessary.

So now they either have arguments to make their position seem like the correct one, or they just don't care what others think all that much.

Xmaster3000, Gilhelmi, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Raul also had his original ring taken from him and he still couldn't call his original ring 'my ring'

gustyeagle, vaegrim, Gilhelmi and 7 others like this.
  10. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

I mean, it would be bad if the League loses face and the people's trust at this point, when they are probably expanding and developing their operations (I think? I can't recall the specific timeline of events); Waller and Cadmus would be all over this if it went to court, using it as one of their salvos and public motivators against the League. But still, they totally have this dressing down coming. Has it really been years since the Ring was stolen?

If it has not been that long since the ring was stolen then maybe it's a situation that can be overcome. But Peter would have to make clear that if they want his help, they will have to treat him like an equal, even though he's not precisely a Superhero. He's basically a neutral Lex Luthor, I would say; big company, lot of resources, a bunch of ex-supervillains employed from whom he can take input, contacts within the Superhero community as well. And with his help the League could go from 100% efficiency to 200%, easily. However, if they're not going to respect him and his input, like they didn't have the dignity to get him his property back before inviting him and asking for help, then why bother with them.

If it has long since the theft, I don't know how likely it is that Peter Wynne is going to have it back. Freaking Guardians will not want to part with it or send it back. In which case, why the heck would Peter want to help the League? Yes, they're the good guys, but if they waited all this time to call for his opinion on League operations and, as John Stewart demonstrated, they hadn't even thought about trying to get the stolen property back or admitting that it was stolen, why would Peter even trust them? Why would he want to help them? What does he get out of it when he doesn't even believe in Superheroic ideals?

I honestly don't think that he would sue them. They're still the first and main line of defense the Earth has against Supervillains and Extraterrestrial threats. Eroding the trust the people have on them does more harm than good, besides appeasing a desire for revenge and taking them down a peg. But if it were me I wouldn't want to help them either. Even thought I'm a fan of Batman I would say "fuck 'em" and do my own thing, it has worked pretty well for several years already, after all.

DiceArt, erebus1994, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  11. webxro

webxro Benevolent Bystander

No, I mean the JLU time, when he got Captain Marvel to fight Superman for it. It might've been a while since I watched it, but it wasn't like that, or my memory sucks

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  12. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

This makes me think that when Lex is gone, it will be Schizo Applications, not Wayne Industries, that becomes the biggest company in the world. Who wouldn't want to contribute to the company that not only helps superheroes (not part of the League but who do good with some government support, like post-Cadmus Justice League) but also makes the world a better place by improving power generation and reducing pollution?

Xmaster3000, Lord Ernest and Darko like this.
  13. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Ah, the League being told off.

What a hit of nostalgia.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  14. Korfayron

Korfayron Making the rounds.

Peter Wynne is great

Gilhelmi likes this.
  15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not it's only been a few days in universe.

The Guardians most likely will not part with the ring, even if it was just recently given to them.

They may lose their agents ability to operate on Earth, but losing a single planet may be seen as something they can accept instead of letting another Larfeleeze potentially come about.

He may like to help the League so they can become more effective in protecting the planet and not do things that are illegal and then justify it to themsleves.

Getting rid of the League is a bad idea since they're practically the only thing that can protect the planet from alien invasions at this point.

16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Guess I'm changing it, then.
    Unless I've made a mistake it's been about five days.
    Except this continuity runs on pre-War of Light rules. There is no Larfleeze, Parallax is what happens when a crazy Lantern uses multiple rings in parallel and has nothing to do with a giant yellow stick insect, things like that.

17. Embers999

Embers999 Not too sore, are you?

No, in the DCAU which is Earth 12, Luthor wanted to screw over the Justice League PR, so he ordered construction of a big development that would provide housing and jobs. He knew Superman would be suspicious since it was Luthor, so he had a shielded reactor built that would power the area, but he made sure it was lead shielded so Superman could not see what it was, it may have used kryptonite as a power source, don't fully remember. He also tricked Captain Marvel into endorsing the project. Superman gets pissy at Captain Marvel, and when Superman finds the shielded kryptonite reactor he feels vindicated to trash the place, and Captain Marvel tries to stop him. Superman eventually tricks Captain Marvel into powering down as part of a magic lightning attack on Superman, and they see the fight has destroyed the development. Luthor complains that he was just trying to give back to the community to show he had turned over a new leaf, and claims responsibility for Superman being a jack ass and wrecking the place. Superman's PR is trashed.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No mistake.

To be fair to Superman, Luthor had a long history of criminal activity under his belt and the thing he was planning on unveiling was essentially a giant machine with a lot of Kryptonite in it if I remember correctly.

A lot of people would consider what Luthor is trying to do to be just another one of his crazy evil schemes.

Prince Charon and Xmaster3000 like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'if I had the ring back'

vaegrim, Ardy, Hell's Razer and 2 others like this.
  20. Lord Ernest

Lord Ernest At the End...

My bad. Read somebody mentioning years in a previous post and since I didn't remember the time stamps on Peter Wynne's timeline it sounded plausible. Finally remembered when the theft was mentioned and noticed the dates, from February 6 to February 10 in this latest one, so yeah, 4 to 5 days.

Still a dick move what Batman did, but I think this is a situation that can be overcome so that Peter and the League can have a successful partnership. I still don't think the Guardians will want to part from the ring, little OCD smurf assholes are like that. But maybe John Stewart can convince them? It's practically empty, after all.

I think I vaguely recall that episode, but that was a great plan. Successful supervillains should be smart like that. Or be immortals. Or be better than Batman at escaping from things and places. Or like this fic I read where it turns out that the Joker is like a curse on Gotham and if you kill him, a worse one will show up, with some individual in Gotham having a "worst day of their lives" and taking up the image to spread chaos and misery. Haven't read or really looked up The Three Jokers, but I'm hoping the comic is something like that.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The ring may not have a charge, but it can still be recharged, even if it isn't through a Lantern.

Stewart had his ring recharged with Statics electricity once, so Earth has other ways to recharge a ting, and the Guardians may not want to risk another Larfleeze.

Gilhelmi and DAT_NOOB like this.
  22. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

is this the jla animated cartoon?

Gilhelmi and DAT_NOOB like this.
  23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Yes it is. Specifically, Justice League Unlimited era.

Gilhelmi, DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  24. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I'll admit, I haven't seen any of the JL episodes. But it's a DC universe, he'd be back sooner or later.

Hence 'Shepard-lite'. Remember Conrad Verner in Mass Effect 2, running around in N7 armor just like Shepard's and trying to do the RPG hero thing? And failing horribly?

Just imagine the tabloid rumours that would start.:D

In which case, you'd expect him to check his intel better. Wasn't this John Stewart a Marine?

Misquoted the line a bit, but yes, it is amusing.

Plus the whole mainlining Green Light for millennia thing. I could see Ganthet meeting him out of curiosity, but the rest? Yes, they'd probably go "Eh, another indignant mortal. Meh." Though not in those exact words...

25. transhumansage

yeah the guys there are kinda dickish. like tht time they let those lab kids go back into cadmus hands only for them to clone them and turn them into an army.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Those kids chose to go back to the labs of their own free will.

But yeah I really wish the League did more for them.

Sadly they honestly may not have had the time necessary to save their lives.

They may have also been keeping an eye on Cadmus after that incident, but Cadmus was better at hiding their trails.

Lupercal and transhumansage like this.
  27. transhumansage

is there any more earth 12 or warhammer chapters before these recent ones? anymore in the pipeline?

Ardy and Xmaster3000 like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In the previous episode we saw Warhammer Fantasy Paul, or Paol as he's known there.

Ardy and DAT_NOOB like this.
  29. transhumansage

i know i read those. imeant way before now.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That they're gay you mean?

Well those cheerleaders did assume that Kon and Paul were an item, so it isn't that difficult to imagine.

Plus when have tabloids ever cared about the truth or facts?

That's assuming the Guardians would put such intel in the ring, or that they'd know of every single instance of someone trying to copy their tech.