1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

Jaime01, hillo315, Knightfall and 2 others like this.
  2. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

"I must PURGE the sinners! BE CLEANSED BY GODS GLORY!"
    "We're already dead, asshole!"

3. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

hillo315 and Knightfall like this.
  4. VisV

It's fucking Greg isn't it.

Jaime01, IvanDead, Morphile and 5 others like this.
  5. VisV

Also just for the record, Sarah Pelham, otherwise known as "Lady Photon" or "Photon Mom" died under khepri's control. So she should be in hell right now.

her shard and thus her shard echo were claimed by GU and eventually resurrected into the flock... and then left the flock.

Brian is also in this boat.

I kinda want them to meet their mental children/biological clones now.

6. Thread Necromancer

Could be fun. I'll have to look into it. At this moment though, I hadn't even known that Photon Mom had died so I will have to factor this into my plans, or if I even decide to include her. Never know and all that.

7. VisV

Also i saw that post on spacebattles about demons not getting stronger from devouring others.

I got that bit of information from the wiki, which has been rather well cited for the most part, it did not however cite that specific bit. It is however listed right besides the deal making method... so I'm gonna go ahead and say it popped up in a stream somewhere and no one bothered to cite it.

To quote the passage in question

8. Thread Necromancer

Thank you very much for this information!

ElegiacCrown and hillo315 like this.
  9. VisV

Something I can cite tho, is that HH demons do celebrate christmas, but instead of Santa, they eagerly await the arrival of Krampus.

Citation source.

So I guess that Christmas isn't purge day after all.

10. Thread Necromancer

Oh yay, that's good to know. I guess it is probably some time after Christmas at some point then, probably new years maybe, or even Jesus' true birthday, that being some time in July or something like that.

11. VisV

As for the Skidmark and squealer having a baby... It's your fanfic, just say things are slightly different here, and demons can have kids.

12. Warlord D Thorin

Warlord D Thorin Not too sore, are you?

Wait cherub were did you find that information
    on the wiki or has a new episode came out while I was not looking

hillo315 and Thread Necromancer like this.
  13. ElegiacCrown

The wiki, it's from his page. He's an upcoming character in Helluva Boss which shares a setting with Hazbin

14. theboringman

theboringman Let's see if my Works pass muster, shall we?

Dumbass edgelord fuckwit number 2536.
    neat.
    What's his motive?

Jaime01, Winged One, Morphile and 3 others like this.
  15. Tore

Tore Making the rounds.

I mean, you have to start somewhere in order to have stakes and story progression. Would there be any tension if Taylor was op as fuck straight from the beginning? This story would be incredibly boring if Taylor just went to bat with the heavy hitters from the beginning like it was nothing.

16. VisV

Huh actually I just want to point out... Wasn't Taylor outed as skitter and presumably stayed outed as weaver?? I Wonder if Annette has heard about what her daughter had gotten up to after her death?

From the cowboy motif and him having a stupid motive its very obviously Greg Veder.

17. Kitty S. Lillian

Kitty S. Lillian Transhuman

Minor typo:
    aerial
    or if it's unexpectedly the font, Arial.

Non-prude version would be nice.

18. ElegiacCrown

And his motivation is clearly demon waifus

Jaime01, Winged One, IvanDead and 4 others like this.
  19. ToxinTurian

ToxinTurian Needs more giant bugs.

Ooh, that one on the top right is really nice. Add a couple more arms and the hair...

Lots of stuff happened after Leviathan. By the end of the Echidna fight, he at least respects her, and while they never became friends, they did work together against the S9000 without issues.

A quote from the S9000 arc, because why not!
    “Clocksie’s sweet on Weaver,” Imp said. “Aww.”

Clocksie,” Clockblocker said, deadpan, “Has been the target of a lot of criticism, because he was in charge of the Wards at the time a lot of stuff went down. Some dingbats online speculated that I had a thing for Weaver, and it took off. The people online like to find stuff that fills in blanks, and there were a hell of a lot of blanks around the whole thing with Weaver defecting, and our pseudo-truce with the Undersiders.”

“They latched onto the idea,” I said.

“Yep.”

“Sorry,” I told him.

“Not your fault, not exactly. The city’s pretty peaceful, pretty safe, and nobody even hints about why, but people know. My bosses know why, and that means my career might never recover. The only thing keeping things remotely interesting is the challenge of trying to get to any new bad guys before the Undersiders do, to enforce real justice instead of vigilante scare tactics-”

“We’re awesomely good at the scare tactics though,” Imp cut in.

Clockblocker ignored her. “-Except we barely even get to do that, because Tattletale’s always a few steps ahead. Then, to top it all off, I hear about the Weaver-Clockblocker thing every single day, to the point that it’s sad. Salt in a wound.”

Silence lingered.

“Jesus, Clock,” Vista said, after that. “Pent up much?”

“Fuck, you’re right. I’m stressed, ignore me,” Clockblocker said. “Like Crucible said, it’s a lot to manage. Sorry.”

Jaime01, Ryuketsu, Winged One and 6 others like this.
  20. ElegiacCrown

Once again Wildbow saw what fans were doing and sought to stamp it out.

Jaime01, Ryuketsu, Winged One and 7 others like this.
  21. VisV

That's not always a bad thing.

Some ships are really stupid and should not be entertained after all.

Jaime01, Winged One, IvanDead and 5 others like this.
  22. Thread Necromancer

Yeah I kind of suspected that Clock was at the very least respectful of Taylor at this point. I knew that he didn't really carry too much of a grudge.

I doubt that many people after Taylor went wards actually cared about her civilian life since she basically didn't have one. She went 100% cape all the time and suffered for it. So I don't think beyond maybe some stirring in the local cape fandom in Hell nothing would really come up. It would kind of be a sort of obscure thing that only true fans of Skitter/Weaver would know, or you know, someone that thinks that they deserve something from her.

Personally I think it was one of the better things to stamp out, but then again I never liked Clockblocker and while I understand why he's a fan fav, I just didn't like him from the start.

IvanDead, Morphile, Ngamer11 and 4 others like this.
  23. ElegiacCrown

So Annette may may have very briefly heard that her kid was an active Warlord and then not a whole lot else?

24. Thread Necromancer

At best. She doesn't really strike me as the kind of person that would be too into the cape scene after Lustrum went to the Birdcage. She had a career to work on and now in Hell she has to work hard for her career there as well.

Actually she may already think she has reunited with her Taylor, especially if the Echidna clones are full mental copies of her.

Edit: If she has met any of them that is.

Jaime01, gale, Morphile and 3 others like this.
  25. ElegiacCrown

Given that Echidna clones are very vehement about not being their originals, I doubt that she would believe they were really Taylor. The Eidolon got really big into ranting about all of Cauldron's failures, Eidolon's in particular, I imagine that they would be thrilled to regale Annette with all of Taylor's.

Then again, if only because I kind of want to see Taylor and her clones interacting in hell, she might have adopted them anyway, maybe tried to break them out of their obsession since there was no longer shard influence enforcing their behavior.

edit: Taylor's clones, I imagine, would probably be super into the cape scene if only to keep a record of all Taylor's failings. Depending on their obsession this could be a good or bad thing.

26. VisV

The echidna clones are all deformed and extremely malevolent, also they view Echidna as their mother.

27. ElegiacCrown

For various definitions of "Deformed" and that might not transfer to their souls.

28. VisV

Unfortunately for them I'm not sure taylor ever really "Failed"

she cancelled the apocalypse and everything!

29. Thread Necromancer

The deformations do not transfer from their body to their soul, at most it will effect what they may look like in the animal sense but that is all.

Also I forgot about the viewing Echidna as their mother, thought that might be a power driven compulsion rather than how it actually is. We never really get the perspective of any of the clones that Echidna makes as far as I know. There are some interpretations however that that view the compulsion to hate their originator as just a master compulsion rather than something that comes naturally to them. But that is just someone's headcannon on the situation, not even mine own.

30. ToxinTurian

ToxinTurian Needs more giant bugs.

I've heard there was originally an interlude from the perspective of a Tattletale clone who escaped and joined Faultline's Crew, but it was deleted shortly after being posted and is no longer considered Worm canon. It would still probably be a useful reference for how the clones generally think, though.

Personally, given that the clones were driven to destroy everything the original loved, to the extent that one of Vista's clones immediately abandoned Echidna to go and try to kill her parents, I'm inclined to believe that the hatred is built into the clone's personality and that any clones that did make it into the afterlife would try to torture or murder Annette if they found her. It's the simpler option. After all, why rely on ongoing master influence when you can just alter the personality and let it loose?

That said, given that (as far as I'm aware) there were no mentions of surviving clones after Echidna's death, and thus no examples of clones being free of potential influence, you have plenty of leeway if you find alternate routes more interesting.

IvanDead, Morphile, hillo315 and 2 others like this.