1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'Webway'

maybe 'FTL'

The Inquisition I'm betting, because it goes against their canon.

Doccer, Ardy, Relyt33 and 6 others like this.
  2. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

I would have expected the Split, when the children were on one Earth (and a lot of babies died) and the adults on another, to be the point when you can't put your head in the sand any more, but that was more than a year ago, in-story, and they hadn't woken up. Boss Smiley had too much of a hold on them, I guess.

3. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'd be interested in seeing 40K Paul meeting some Eldar, ideally some who he can actually cooperate with.

The next segments are called 'Gothamghast', probably alluding to the Gormenghast series? (which I haven't read, so I'm hoping it's more symbolic than anything).

I look forward to seeing how the world changes or doesn't change post-Sheeda; it does make me hope a second confrontation with Boss Smiley is in the works; the Light really haven't done anything for a while (which makes sense given Paragon's around and half their initial line-up has been eradicated, but still).

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

They did wake up after Roanoke, at least when it comes to magic.

They started to adopt magic and had closer relationships to Atlantis after it.

Cuchulin, Gantradies, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  5. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Maybe, but they didn't wake up enough.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I did say that they at least woke up to one thing, that being magic.

Cuchulin, Ardy and moralrelativity like this.
  7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Ether Drives don't exist, they were just Tau propaganda.

It almost literally says that in the article you linked, so the mistake is doubly perplexing.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  8. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Exodites? Or do you mean Eldrad the Farseer?

Relyt33 and moralrelativity like this.
  9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

In other words, a friendly Imperial world Ciaphas Cain (HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!) would recognise personally. No doubt to reassure him that P'aul hasn't pulled a fast one...

I can see it being an easy sell: Get rid of potential security risks and lessen the stress on a prison system probably already strained by the changeover to Tau rule...

Indeed, a Hero's welcome. No doubt Ciaphas will enjoy it, at first. Hero worship does begin to wear thin after a while.

"I can demonstrate, if you don't believe me."

Given that the Geller fields stop the denizens of the Warp, including Deamons of Chaos and such-like, from interfering with the crew in transit, it's probably a good thing Tau drives don't take longer hops into the Immaterium.

Especially since it's possible for Imperial ships (and Ork, and Traitor Legions, and all the more conventional Warp-flight races) to take years, or even centuries in transit, only to arrive minutes after you left, or even sometime before. And yes, that is as much a nightmare for the bureaucracy as it sounds. There's a reason the Imperium uses such a complicated dating system.

Smart man, not believing what he's told until he's seen it for himself. And P'aul's obfuscating his powers a little, eh?

Not many. An knowledge of most of them would get an average human purged by the Inquisition.

Making a call to get them a proper pickup by the locals? Sensible. I don't doubt he set them down within a day's drive of a decent-sized town, but it's a good idea for him not to go straight there...

After all, if it makes them happy, why interfere overmuch? And a 'Por' is presumably a Water-caste bureaucrat rank or a junior Ethereal-Caste?

Not quite as impressive as the Emperor's 50,000+life-span (Having been born after a mass suicide-sacrifice ritual by an entire generation of Human psykers), but unless P'aul clarifies that he hasn't actually lived through the intervening 38,000 years, I don't think he'll believe that...

...I foresee this coming back to bite him in the ass someday. While the ring would have dealt with any possible infection vectors, just the simple fact that he's handing over a direct link to him (via Sympathetic Psy-sorcery) will be trouble...

:confused: ...No, He's not talking about OL's mile-high diamond accident. That would be a 'what the fuck' of Cyclopean proportions.

No doubt some Imperial Saint deemed acceptable to the Tau's reworking of Imperial creed.

...For reference, that's like not knowing who Jesus is. While not a direct relative of the Emperor (as far as anyone knows), he plays quite an important part of the Imperiums early days following the Reunification of Earth. Behold his resume!

Far too many, it seems. Especially from the Adepta Sororitas (aka the Sisters of Battle, power-armoured war-nuns.)

That plan being A: Creating a Human-controlled equivalent of the Eldar's Web-way - A Portal network criss-crossing the galaxy; and B: Finding a way to lessen the power of the Chaos Gods. Part of that plan being trying to eliminate all religion... You can imagine how pissed he'd be if or when he ever gets his ass off the throne.

No Imperial wouldn't know, especially someone as highly-placed as Ciaphas. In terms of significance, it's on par with Jesus' Crucifixion. While specific details might be edited for secrecy, like who the Emperor was fighting, or the powers backing Horus the Arch-Traitor, it's practically gospel.

Fun fact: If Magnus the Red, Primarch of the Thousand Sons Legion, hadn't pissed the Emperor off by inadvertently messing up a critical experiment, the response driving him into traitorhood, Magnus would have been the one sitting on the Throne, acting as psychic navigation beacon and psychic defense system both.

Like the existence of Chaos, to large parts of the population. If you aren't an Astartes, Inquisitorial agent, or up around the rank of Militarum General or Planetary Governor , you will not be allowed to learn of their existence. No wonder so many people fall into Chaos worship without realising it.

And that's not an understatement. Inquisitors have had entire worlds burned clean to remove the taint of Chaos. Admittedly, it's intended as a last resort after an uprising or invasion, but they can do it freely. They'll have quite some explaining to do afterwards, mind.

For example: The human populations of Tau-conquered worlds would be considered irrevocably tainted as traitors for not dying to the last man.

And with that, the episode draws to a close. Marking an end to the Sheeda as a threat... For now. Now, OL can turn his full attention to the Reach. And hopefully wash his hands of Earth's problems for a little while. ;) Now: Your guesses for what alternate Paul we'll meet in the pre-credits sequence of this coming episode?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  10. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

It's different, the split went on for a couple of days, the shedda attack went on for weeks. One killed hundreds of thousands babies/toddlers/children with the odd adult due to violence over the disappearance; the harvest by the Shedda killed several millions.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Did we ever get a number of how many people the Sheeda killed during this Harrowing, I can't remember?

We know they apparently attacked rural and more primitive areas, and that South American and African countries collapsed, but that could technically mean that they harvested as many people that died during Roanoke incident, but the collapse was due to people freaking out and all hell breaking loose.

Cuchulin, Ardy and moralrelativity like this.
  12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Those two things should be mutually exclusive given Paul's circumstances.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Emperor is actually 38.000 thousand, well 48.000 if you count his time on that golden toilet, years old, and not 100.000 years old.

We do have TTS so we have some idea of how that would go.

On the TV Tropes page it says that Paul will meet the Reach ambassador when he comes back to Earth sometime in the future and use him as target practice.

If this is true then it's possible that the paragon chapters will be focused on his space adventures from now on, at least for a long while.

DrThoth mentioned the Gormenghast series so maybe something with that, but it will probably be centered in Gotham city.

This could be another new version of the SI.

Hell it may not even be a version of Paul, but of Jade.

Maybe that Batwoman Jade, or the Green Lantern one, since Alan is apparently Gotham's superhero.

14. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

So! The next generation of Earth heroes got a taste of an invasion. I’m mostly focusing on team Young Justice (it isn’t a terrible name!) affiliates, but international heroes could make a name for themselves too. I think one or more individuals will have abilities ill-suited for the upcoming reconstruction, so they will reach out to Orange Lantern Paul to learn about the Dark Stars (and the Corps, I suppose). They’d want to gather information on potential threats out in the galaxy and/or help beings that were under siege like Earth was.

Thoughts? Will Paragon-Paul drop any new recruits off the next time he leaves Earth?

Otto von Saurion and Cuchulin like this.
  15. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Having now checked the Lexicanum page, I stand corrected. 50,000 years (to round off) is still a fair span for any being... Oddly, I got the impression he was older because of TTS' 'History of the Emperor (In his own words)' episode... :rolleyes: Probably because of the caveman drawings.

Otto von Saurion, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

To be fair he did spend time in the Warp, where time is weird, so you may be somewhat right that he's over 100.000 years old.

Cuchulin, Ardy and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  17. RichardWhereat

I do wish people would use a sensible delimiter like a comma.

WhiteNoise likes this.
  18. Tanor

Tanor Versed in the lewd.

You are missing one thousand there unless you are really over millennium old.

19. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

I'm in a really bad mood because of some life drama over a funeral and i can't continue any discussions/arguements online right now wiithout letting my anger at something else takeover. I don't want you to think i'm ignoring you but i'm going to become mean if i dont take a few days off. We disagree and that is ok. neither of us is the writer, so who knows whos opinion/guesses are really right Zoat suprises us alot. If you really want to continue this, send me a PM and in a few days when im not ripping my hair out we can discuss it without cluttering here up anymore.

QQporter, Hell's Razer, egooo and 3 others like this.
  20. RichardWhereat

No, the way the Warhammer 40K dating system works is thus

001 M1 [1AD]
    983 M2 [1983 AD]
    983.0927 M2 [1983, September, 27th AD]
    020 M3 [2020 AD]

M means Millennium. The organisation with the NAZI vampires.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

My condolences for your loss.

Hope things are better for you in the near future.

22. RichardWhereat

He never surprises me.. In the next chapter, Paul is going to create an interlude, for, like, the third time ever., and I'll reference this post when he does.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  23. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Huh....not what I was expecting.

24. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Bit awkward, given that he founded them.
    Essentially, because it was a small group of supervillains and they were dealt with as quickly as they could have been dealt with. This lasted over a month and involved at least thousands of attackers.
    I realised something a few days ago. Given that the Old Ones created the eldar to fight in the War in Heaven, and that the Emperor was created at roughly the same time... Doesn't that mean that the human species is older than the elder?
    Pretty much. I got requests for a renegade Artemis point of view, so there you go.
    I'm avoiding giving hard figures. More than Roanoke.
    I wouldn't rely on the TV Tropes pages being entirely accurate.

25. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

It was more of a link to something you wrote on one of the older threads. It's possible that you've changed your mind since then.

Doccer, Ardy and Darko like this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The War in Heaven happened millions of years ago in the 40k universe, like during the time of the dinosaurs if I remember correctly.

The Emperor is just 48.000 years old, so no humanity isn't older than the Eldar.

They weren't even around back then.

27. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Ah, I guess I misremembered it. I just tied the shamens inability to reincarnate with the War in Heaven.

28. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

The Eldar were created either during or pre war in Heaven, but definitely became the OP BS they were during the war in heaven. The war in heaven ended 60 million years ago because that’s how long the necrons have been asleep. Which is significantly older then the 50,000 year old Emperor.

edit: ninja’d

Cuchulin, Darko and Fellow like this.
  29. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

So... exiled Eldar then?

30. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm curious and this HBO green lantern show. I kinda question is a tv series has the budget to do Larnerns justice.

I heard it's focusing on Guy, Alan, and an OC.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.