1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Feb 4, 2015.

1. GentlemanBesly

GentlemanBesly Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

I just really want to see "Lunar Bond" as a background. That's pretty much it.

Also; Hi! I'm new here.

2. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

So someone on /exg/ mentioned homebrewed sex charms for each of the Yozi. Anyone have a copy or remember anything about them?

kinglugia likes this.
  3. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Yo.

Also contained; Sex Charms for other varieties of Exalted, Sex Artifacts, and more.

4. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I fucking love you. I spent like an hour on Google looking for this.

5. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Google is twitchy about NSFW searches. Use another engine in the future for that sort of thing.

tighearnach, Sol Mark-1 and Sydonai like this.
  6. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

Is this for the 3rd edition?

7. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Based on the date, it's 2nd edition

8. Space Penguin

I see. Thanks. BTW, whatever happened with the Raksha meeting that taylor and Coil attended. I mean maybe I misread things but it looked like the meeting ended and then we just moved on to the other events and forgot about the Raksha. I would think there would be more discussions by Coil or the others about the Raksha, what was spoken of and how they will integrate with the world.

9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

You're welcome...
    There is more stuff with regards Coil in the background, Taylor wasn't involved and thus unreliable narrator strikes again..

Jarudazuigu and Space Penguin like this.
  10. Space Penguin

I see. Well I do hope there is some focus on them in the future.

Biigoh likes this.
  11. Space Penguin

Taking a break from politics.

So whats the fluff of Exalted 3E? Any changes?

12. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

Infernal Charms aren't based on the Yozis, Abyssal Charms are based on the Death Lords.

One Sidereal apparently beat Saturn so badly that he isn't capable of dying anymore, and he is the leader of a whole faction of new Exalted that are in a war with Yu-Shan.

Thaumaturgy is no longer a science, now it is literally "Booga booga!"-style spoooooky witchcraft that nobody understands, not even the Incarnae.
    Still just as weak though.

There is a new sea in the South-East full of Raksha and Wyld shenanigans.
    And a new continent in the West, called "The Caul", that is ruled by Lunars.

Magi-tech no longer exists, and was retconned to have never existed.
    Artifacts are apparently supposed to be completely "solid-state" now, and have their own suite of Charms called Evocations.

Nobody is supposed to know anything at all about the First Age, and Storyteller-Fiat is supposed to makes sure this doesn't change.
    Word-of-Dev is that your PC will never be as cool or strong as their First Age incarnation, no matter what you do.

Oh, also one or more of the Devs apparently did everything they could to torpedo nation-building or attempts to be a King or leader of a large organization..

13. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

Nope, totally weaker and actually useless in 3E.

Accelerator and Sydonai like this.
  14. Sydonai

I liked my Mortal Magic Science dammit.:mad:

I'm just going to ignore this horseshit and use the 2nd Ed version of Thaumaturgy.
    Especially since several cultures make no damn sense if you use 3rd Ed Thaumaturgy.

15. Space Penguin

What are they based on now then?

So Abyssal's have the opportunity of becoming like a Neverborn? Lol

So is this Saturn guy more immortal than the Primordials or something?

So not mass produceable at all then. Mages are better then as Technocracy can mass produce stuff :D.

So if one goes there. Can they become Nephandi? Lol.

So to some it up. Its shit.

IIRC, are you one of those who despises the Technocracy?

Personally, I think all sides, even the Nephandi, have a point. After all, when reality is what you believe it to be. Truth is subjective. Everyone does propaganda.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Biigoh likes this.
  16. Bre Karn

That info came from an early Infernals preview that may no longer be valid. We don't know as of now.
    Nope, not at all. They just base their Charms off the aesthetics of the Deathlords (so Abyssal Resistance gives you conjured wraith armor like the First And Forsaken Lion, some Presence gives you creepy seduction like the Lover Clad In The Raiment Of Tears, etc.)
    Also, same intel as above; it could very well no longer be the case.
    Nope, he's a Sidereal who rebelled against Fate and managed to hack his programmed expiration date (or rather, as they put it, dodge Saturn's sign via esoteric martial arts), becoming 'Immortal' as in 'Truly no longer aging'. He can still be shanked.
    Some of it originates from a good intention. Magitech dilutes the Bronze Age feel and the wondrous aspect of magic. You can still have tech-skinned wonders/sorcerous workings, and there are still warstriders.
    Some of Sydonai's points are wildly caricatural though. They'd rather have the First Age remain mysterious, but I've yet to see proof that it's totally unknowable - the First Age is what each and every Storyteller makes of it, there's just no longer a canon version.
    Why the Mage comparisons? It's pretty much off topic.
    And mass production of magic is not in line with the setting as it is now. It might have been in the First Age. You just won't have Charms that directly let you do so - you'll need to sweat it and build that infrastructure.

17. Sydonai

No idea.

No, just things like getting a Rape Ghost Charm if you serve The Silver Prince.

No idea, he just has Author-Fiat levels of "You aren't allowed to kill this guy off".

It's shit now.

I think it's a reference to "the birth of a new civilization".

Pretty shit, yes.

....Huh, how could what I said make you think that?
    I was just pointing out how things like that one culture that relies on Astrology to determine Castes can't work with Thaumaturgy that's random and uncontrollable bullshit.
    That goes for Autochthonia's culture as well.
    I'm basing what I say off of the stated intentions of the Devs and Writers more than what is in the corebook, yes.

18. Space Penguin

I see. We'll just have to wait then.

Ah. he simply cannot die of old age then.

I see.

Actually I asked Biigoh and he said its ok.

I meant that I think I recognize you from SV as someone who dislikes the Techno's.

Biigoh likes this.
  19. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

I heard they are themed after Yozis. Because the retarded Law of Dimnishment ... Yozis wish to bloat on "temporary HP" from spreading their memes across Creation trough current crop of Infernals.
    Then burn these "temporary HP" to cheat trough Law of Dimnishment and make true-blue Yozi Exalted.

I bet Players will shank that bitch on the first opportunity they get. Just to prove that not-dying isn't an option if you are just a NPC.;)

Since when Thaumaturgy stopped being "I whine to gullible least gods till they agree" ? And Incarnae not understanding Thaumaturgy is only natural, gods are retards.

It never was a science. Thaumaturgy could be developed/discovered trough scientific method. Because it's how the mortals figured it out in the first place, by trial and error.
    Sooo ... noting new? Except Dragon-Blooded Realm was made "realistic" by making everyone and their grandmother Ebil and Decandent. Or so I heard.

I don't really care for Magi-tech. It was Autochton's bullshit anyway. Creation shouldn't have it, with Auto-kun on sick leave in Elsewhere.
    I like the Artifacts-are-Important accidental change done though. Evocations are a nice touch.

Though I hate that 99% of Evocations are written as "Only Solards can have them! Feel the RULES ENFORCED inferiority of everything not-Solard."

Word-of-Dev can go and fuck itself. Solar Age isn't the First. At best it's the Second. First Age was when Primordials ruled.

Yes. It's Exalted! You can do everything you want, as long as you act like typical murderhobo group from average D&D modules. You shall not shift Status Quo!:rolleyes:

But there are also positive changes to stuff. Except Crafting. It's over-complicated. So let's IGNORE Exalted bullshit and concentrate on interesting changes.
    Sorcery is awesome!

And with Workings of Sorcery (make-artifact ruling) fluid and encompassingly simple rules ... it is fun. Mortal Sorcerer who gits gud can break the rules imposed by gods and his own nature!
    For example, mortal sorcerer could do Working that grants him Essence. Because normally mortals can't have Essence motes.
    Another Working mortal sorcerer could do is opening himself to the wonderful world of Second Circle of Sorcery! Most likely he'll die horribly, but chance exists. If he rolls enough successes ... nothing stops him from creating new characters till he succeeds!:p

And so on and so forth. Crafting would benefit greatly from following the same rules as Workings of Sorcery instead of what they were given. *shrudders*

20. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

The rule is that Solars can get Evocations for any artifact, regardless of material. The others need to match up to the proper material.

That's why it feels like Solars get all the Evocations.

21. Sydonai

I actually like the Technocracy itself.

What I dislike are the people that pretend the Crats are White Knights in Shining Armor that can do no wrong and are the Be-All End-All of WoD.
    And the people that try to pretend that the leaders of the Technocracy aren't genocidal sociopaths.

I mentioned the Incarnae because they can throw loads of Dice at the Problem, I could have just as easily mentioned Third Circle Demons.

And that isn't possible in 3rd raw; "every act of Thaumaturgy is an unrepeatable miracle".

tighearnach and Valette-Serafina like this.
  22. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

According to /tg/ yes.

Infernals are now ability based. From what I've heard the latest version of the still in development fluff has the Yozi infusing the Solar Exaltations with their essence which now essentially lets them live through the Infernals by experiencing everything they do.

23. Sydonai

What

So Infernals are supposed to be Loyalist-only now?
    Because with that going on there is absolutely no way to successfully rebel against them.

24. Bre Karn

Sure you can still do. Just butt off as soon as you're in Creation and laugh as the Yozi lament in impotence.
    And send their cultists across Creation at you. But hey, occupational hazard.

tighearnach, 1986ctcel and Biigoh like this.
  25. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

I believe the phrasing of it was;

"Saturn made her sign against him and Rakan Thulio turned it aside with the back of his fist."

tighearnach and BBJimmy like this.
  26. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

Ha ha ha, what a retarded reasoning. If Thaumaturgy is a unrepeatable miracle, then what it represents ?! Least gods doing their work differently because smartass cheated, like before?
    If not, then lets be fair and call it Wyld Sorcery and be done with.

27. Sydonai

It represents an unsolvable mystery and is just some bullshit they wrote to keep PCs from using it.
    edit:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Jarudazuigu likes this.
  28. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Really? From what I've seen, the general seems to vastly prefer it to second edition.

You...are aware that all PCs can get the merit with just a single charm purchase by becoming sorcerers, right? That's literally the opposite of "keep PCs from using it".

29. Sydonai

One is the Crunch saying "sure, you can use this....it's useless though" and the other is the Fluff saying "you need to go out of your way to find these NPCs hidden in the asscrack of Creation that the Story-teller isn't obligated to add to the game and convince them to teach you".

30. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

From what I understand they give you the exaltation then let you do whatever you want and they're just along for the ride.

From what I've seen that the mechanics other than craft are view as good but a lot of the new fluff is considered shitty.

tighearnach, Jarudazuigu and Sydonai like this.