1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Exalted 3E Discussion

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

So.... Infernals are reality tv for yozi and demons?

2. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

That's my interpretation.

3. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

The key change of the new Thaumaturgy system is that while mortals may beseech the gods for succor, it is not their place to demand divine blessings.
    Oh, which ones? I can't really recall anything like that.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. Sol Mark-1

Sol Mark-1 Experienced.

Why I feel that I'm liking less Exalted E3, and liking more E2/2.5?

BBJimmy likes this.
  5. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

More of a soap opera/wuxia series than anything.

tighearnach and BBJimmy like this.
  6. Jarudazuigu

Jarudazuigu Sealed, for now

And advertisement. From what i understood the Yozis are acting clever-ish with the first crop of Infernal Exalted to make them "popular" in Creation. That is meant to harvest them some faith/recognition/prayers that Yozis plan to then sacrifice to create "real" Loyalist Exalted. First crop is just a re-purpoused Solar Exaltations. The second crop is planned to be a living extensions. Or going by your comparision:

First crop of Infernals is a reality TV, that they get paid to watch.
    Second crop if Infernals is intended to be a Nerve Gear coupled with hacking system, to use "virtual reality" to change the unenviable reality of their own situation. I think.

You are mistaking Divine Charms. Thaumaturgy was always about asking for shit in correct manner. The "Roll X to see the results" emulated that many factors contribute to success or failure. Not a bored Exalt pouring motes into Charm and stomping his metaphorical foot down.

Lack of reliable-to-learn Thaumaturgy means that some nations that heavily rely on it have less sense. I recall there was one wich used Art of Astrology for everything. With each Astrological Procedure now needing a Speshul Snowflake training your doods, one at time, the whole reliance on the Art becomes ... bothersome.

Sydonai likes this.
  7. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

What? Why? Just because they say so or is there a very solid reason for it?

8. Bre Karn

Bre Karn (Very Slow) Writer of Glorious Smut

It may be a deformation of the dev claim that the corebook system doesn't have to accurately modelize First Age Exalts (in reference to Charms that are not Usurpation-OK like Dual Magnus Prana, or those Investigation powers that would have prevented the betrayal of the Sidereals) or the war with the Primordials.
    Basically, the devs wanted to calibrate the system only against the backdrop of Bronze Age adventure, not every possible era of Exalted.

tighearnach likes this.
  9. Jarudazuigu

Or they could simply wrote that Solar Age and Primordial Age had different rules and Exaltations work differently now because Incarna wasn't just indolent with X-Box and were fiddling with reality to stabilize their Overlordship.
    Geeze, it's the basic premise of World of Darkness. That reality is malleable and no truth is eternally correct.

10. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Now, you see, you'd have a point if Exalted was running on World of Darkness Rules.

But the thing is, it isn't. The game lines are separate and the idea of Creation being the prehistory of the World of Darkness was ditched early on in 2e's lifespan.

11. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I think the Devs got rid of the idea of separate Infernal generations.

But honestly we won't know what Infernals are like until they come out in 2055

BBJimmy likes this.
  12. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Well fortunately this isn't the World of Darkness.

Because holy shit that was a stupid godamn idea which made absolutely no sense.

13. Jarudazuigu

You know that Exalted is all made up by magic cast on Pure Undiluted Bullshit, aka Wyld, to act in certain ways? *raises eyebrow*

14. Stroth

Stroth Definitely not an AI

Magic which forces reality to be unmalleable and causes certain truths to be eternally correct.

15. Jarudazuigu

Okay, let me rephrase. It's a solid, well maintained lie. With capital L. Because it is not "truth" or "eastern bunny" but just Wyld forced to act in certain ways.
    On the other hand, World of Darkness seem to be the same type of engine, but worn down enough that it seemingly falls apart in places especially in the access to the Admin console.

16. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Creation is a lie in the same way that a cake is a lie because it's not an actual cake, it is just lots of atoms (who in turn is made up of even smaller parts and so on) that just has the shape of a cake. But it's not actually a cake. That's a lie. It is actually lots of atoms and even smaller stuff.

-.-

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  17. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

And then you punch the cake with Quicksilver Hand of Dreams and it becomes whatever the fuck you want in your trippy dream as the Wyld pours in from the cake shaped hole in reality.

18. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

Fuck the engine. At least with the end of the engine, everyone can ascend as per the seemingly canonical ending to M:TA where as in Exalted. The mortals can only hope for the below:

[​IMG]

Granted. This is the same for WOD but ascension for everyone bitches!

Way I see it. Everyone has a point. Even the Nephandi as Mj12 so eloquently put it:

Plus, I don't know about you but some things in WOD need to be genocided.

But yeah, when there is no such thing as truth and reality is what you want/believe it to be. Everyone is correct.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Accelerator, BBJimmy and Jarudazuigu like this.
  19. Jarudazuigu

Nope. WoD world is BETTER than ours. It can be better. Just need to kick humanity off it's comfortable high-horse so they start CRAWING the good things. In short, it needs Exalted style therapy.

And mass Ascension? To me it seems like what happens when human in Exalted walks into the Wyld.:p
    Nephandi are people who gave up on growing and wallow in despair. I witnessed a game-campaign where fucking Sabbat Vampires saved the world.
    From Antediluvians. By building new faction, compromising of various magical beings of WoD, annihilating not-allies aka OTHER VAMPIRES with the help of quite eager Werewolves. And more militant Mages.
    Players managed to create a new Bloodline (sorta/kinda monstrous like the Gargoyles Bloodline) and had patiently and slowly learned to mimick some of weaker Mage shit with high-level Thaumaturgic rituals.
    Well, the world ended when they started helping Werewolves with their own "Apocalypse" shit. Who knew Holy Nuking the Wyrm was bad idea?

Humanity of WoD needs it's coddling ended. It seems that current comfortable living they enjoy is too much good stuff for them.
    Because tragedy isn't that humans of WoD are evil. Tragedy is that they are generally wimps and reality reflects that stuff.

20. Yzarc

Yzarc The Spark of Madness

The Devs got rid of the 2nd batch of infernals thing after a HUGE outcry of people not wanting to play "Chumps" who were a distraction for the Real Infernals. So they dumped the whole thing or so thay said. Dunno what they are thinking now though.

As for Lore changes, two things stand out.

1. Exalted are now chosen of the gods again and an Exaltation is now a "Miracle" and not an shard as in 2E which seeks out hosts by itself.

2. The "Enemies of the Gods" death cursed the gods but the gods predicted this and used protection so it bounced off them and hit the Exalted instead and SOMEHOW the gods never noticed this or bothered to check when the Solars went mad.

21. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

Thus has it ever always been:

BBJimmy and Bre Karn like this.
  22. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Yeah, I remember reading it on 2E. Can't remember which page though.

The way I take it, the Gods think they managed to resist the curse or some such, not knowing it bounced and affected Exalted.

BBJimmy and Jarudazuigu like this.
  23. Yzarc

Yzarc The Spark of Madness

Really? I thought it was a new thing, as I don't remember reading it in 2E. I guess this makes sense especially with the Sun being blind to his own hubris part added. 3E worded it differently so I had issues with it.

24. Space Penguin

Space Penguin Boring person

Hmm, too busy with the games of Divinity?

I can see it now. A Solar Exalted specced for Social fu comes to OWoD Verse and social fu's people into being awesome so that they can ascend.

"Females!! Do you want infinite cocks and tentacles?! You can get them, simply ascend!!"

"Loser males!! Do you want infinite loyal waifus that can be demons or monsters girls if you want?! You can get them, simply ascend!!"

Huh? Don't they just mutate and shit?

Guys, a question. Paradox bought White Wolf. So what has been done with that so far? Also, what about Onyx Path? I mean they are currently producing NWOD and the 20th anniversary addition. So what happens with that? Are they now printing stuff for Paradox or what?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  25. Sydonai

Sydonai Versed in the lewd.

That's what happens if you fail or screw up.
    If you prepare correctly( and get lucky) then you can Enlighten your Essence, Initiate yourself into Sorcery( or Supernatural Martial Arts?), alter your stat-spread, get specific mutations, obtain Graces and other forms of Raksha Shinies, or just generally Shape things.

Theoretically any mortal is capable of this, which is probably why Solars got the Wyld-Shaping Charms.

26. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Provided I'm remembering everything right?

oWoD is being produced under the original name. nWoD got a name change to "Chronicles of Darkness" to cut down on newbie confusion and is also still being produced. I believe that the way things are currently going is that Paradox is hiring Onyx Path to do the writing and such. So basically, very little has changed aside from who owns what.

Aside from Scion and Trinity, both of which lines are owned directly by Onyx Path and are getting new Editions. Scion already had a very successful kickstarter. The Trinity stuff on the other hand, is way over the horizon.

Sydonai likes this.
  27. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

I think they also change it so CofD now uses Metric instead of Imperial, but maaaaybe I misremember it :V

28. Jarudazuigu

It's made of pure crack.

I had something along this in mind:
    "All of you who are hateful, fuck losers! Lose all libido and be calm. All of you who aren't hateful fucking losers, listen well! Reality is what we make of it, be better people. Or be hateful fucking losers!"
    "All of you fucking Mages! Listen, go Ascend and stop being such drama queens! All you fucking Werewolves, shut up and be the fuck calm or roll over and die! All of you fucking vampires, just stake yourselves and save me trouble."
    This way excessive amounts of hateful fucking losers among WoD humanity go die in one or two generations. 80% die-off means that there is major chance of fresh start.
    Nah. When exalted-verse leaves Creation and enters the Pure Chaos, aka Wyld proper, they melt down into constituent Wyld "particles". Or soldier on pure Willpower. Since in the Wyld all rules of Creation are not-existent.
    Theoretically speaking you can walk into the Wyld, as Creation-Born, change yourself into something else and return as Primordial. Of sex and tentacles, for example.:p

Of course Creation-Born expect to "die horribly or mutate into monsters" when walking into Wyld-washed areas where rules of Creation are loosened, so there is that.

29. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Several remain. Creation remains the centre of the universe, time continues to flow in one direction only, and the defences of the Exalted cannot be overcome.

BBJimmy and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  30. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Ahahah. No.

You're so wrong you bound up to being right and then down to wrong again.

For one thing, the rules of Creation isn't non-existent in the Wyld. Most of them are bent, but as an example, time still works as it should. It can go a bit slower, or a bit faster (I think) but time travel is still right out.

You also seem to forget that the denizens of the Wyld barely matters. Raksha, the "lords of chaos"? Sure, they're great and powerful when they can play around in the Wyld where nothing matters. But if they enter Creation they're suddenly mortal, can't warp reality as they want, they need sustenance, iron hurts them.

Sure, forge yourself into a "primordial of sex and tentacles" violate and abuse the chaff in the Wyld. And then enter Creation full of hubris and see yourself be undone as you consist of dreams and nightmares and nothing concrete. Poof, you disappear in a puff of logic.

tighearnach, 1986ctcel and BBJimmy like this.