1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
AsTheGlassMelts
Birthday:
Dec 15, 1994 (Age: 29)

AsTheGlassMelts

Believe in me!, Male, 29

Wanna write overlord where the MC is a bad guy but don't want to quit my DxD stuff with Issei while it's going so well. May 31, 2022

1. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Scrapped the ROB scene. Scrapped all power-choosing scenes. Dropping the reader into the middle of the story. Read a good SI, copying that.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        I'm a hack, though. I'm a writer who has absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

I just read an SI that felt GOOD, and thought 'Why is this so good?' and decided, it was at least in part because it lacks the needless bloat my stories would have. So I'm trying to cut those things out; The blatant meta things that aren't REALLY a part of the story.
        Sep 28, 2017
        Plotvitalnpc likes this.
      3. Seru
        Seru
        I included a ROB scene in spoiler to emphasize that the ROB is not completely Malignant in March. Just selfish.
        Sep 28, 2017
      4. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Anything can be good in writing, I was just analyzing why mine was not as good as what I was reading. The conclusion that I came to was, even though anything can be good in writing, I am not capable of making a good ROB or Power Choice scene so let's get rid of them. This guy had the right idea for people like us.
        Sep 28, 2017
        Plotvitalnpc likes this.
    2. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Ditto is the perfect starter. Fuck any girl you want if Ditto gets a look at her. Breeds with every pokemon so you only need one each.
      1. Plotvitalnpc likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        They can normally transform perfectly. The anime and manga make it clear that it's not normal for them to fuck up the faces like they do; The first ditto you see in the anime stopped being an entertainer because he couldn't change his face. Most dittos can. One ditto was used to pretend to be Sabrina and sneak into Team Rocket's base.
        Sep 28, 2017
        Plotvitalnpc likes this.
      4. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        They can perfectly imitate anything they look at, from abilities to knowledge, including but not limited to how to use those abilities. There's a Ditto that imitates someone and pretends to be a mechanic, and a Ditto that pretends to be ASH and Misty believes it. In anime we see it imitate pokemon sounds, in manga it speaks, and in game it changes cries.
        Sep 28, 2017
        Plotvitalnpc likes this.
      5. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        That is not what I meant by canon. Obviously things would be far more realistic. They'd maybe have a 10 pool before needing to sleep or rest, maybe, but what I meant was more like they can't learn energy ball or pound like they can in the anime and TCG, and while the maps and events would be similar they'd obviously be more realistic with FAR more distance between towns etc. And many more towns besides.
        Sep 28, 2017
        Plotvitalnpc likes this.
    3. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      People that think advocating morality is somehow wrong, a high horse they say. I hate them. How is trying to be good some vanity play? Hate.
      1. RandytheBlackKnight
        RandytheBlackKnight
        It's certainly not something you want to do when talking hard facts, but there's nothing wrong with advocating morality in and of itself.
        Sep 27, 2017
        AsTheGlassMelts likes this.
      2. Cambrian
        Cambrian
        For many people morality means different things and for much of human history, morality has been twisted and used to do evil. For instance, if we were to advocate the morality of most religions, I would be going to hell and so would most of the people on this website.

That's my problem with the advocation of morality in a nutshell. Too many people try to use it as a cover word for outright prudishness.
        Sep 27, 2017
      3. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        My morality isn't even a good one, I just can't stand to be thought to be using it as... Pomp? The english words for these things are hard because you don't see them ever used, but when someone is pretending to be something they are not because it makes them look better, or feel better.

My morals are real, even if I know they're not good ones, and being told I can 'stay on my high horse' grinds my gears.
        Sep 27, 2017
    4. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Girlfriend found a job but not me. Lonely being the only one in a new place. No distractions from writing aside from procrastination though.
    5. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Sophia Hess is probably a Predditor.
      1. MadKeyboard
        MadKeyboard
        A what
        Sep 18, 2017
      2. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        It was a reddit joke. I'm not very funny, but I had to put it somewhere after I thought of it.
        Sep 18, 2017
    6. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Never moving back to Florida, as a just in case kinda thing. Gonna find some place in the Central States. Insurance will still pay me.
    7. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Can't meet my own story standards because I'm a reader of quality but a writer of quantity. Quantity is a quality, but not when writing it.
    8. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Looking for dirty words with normal meanings, like Cleavage, Erection, Penetration, Intercourse, Edging, and Climax.
      1. Subrosian Smithy likes this.
      3. DuskAtDawn
        DuskAtDawn
        Impale, Thrust, and any of the many, many euphemisms for masturbation, like Fiddle. Fingering someone, for example, means pointing them out (usually in a crime novel.)

Hump is another, though it might be hard to use, since the innocent version is a noun while the naughty one's a verb.
        Sep 11, 2017
      4. Thief of Words
        Thief of Words
        Lubrication, fingered, plowed, any double entendre.
        Sep 11, 2017
      5. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        None of these are what I'm looking for, but thanks. I'm more in need of words with much larger meanings. Erection in example is being used to denote the arc in which the character is building up his place in the world, gathering assets, forming a base. Penetration is an infiltration arc. It's large-scale things I'm in need of.
        Sep 11, 2017
    9. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      So I'm not really that clever. I've got Cleavage, Erection, Penetration, Edging, and Climax as dirty words with normal meanings. Others?
      1. NorthSouthGorem
        Sep 11, 2017
      2. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Looking for actions, but I'll totally use that too. Thanks for helping!
        Sep 11, 2017
    10. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Is it really an SI if it's doing things I wouldn't do, for the sake of being a better read? Would it sate my power fantasies if it wasn't?
      1. Heather_Sinclair
        Heather_Sinclair
        If it's doing things you wouldn't do then it's called an Original Character. Or you can define it as an SI/OC mesh.
        Sep 8, 2017
    11. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Bonding with my girlfriend on this trip, she thinks my SI's are boring because I'm 'A goody two shoes who's scared of everything.'
      1. 1986ctcel likes this.
      2. Seru
        Seru
        LOL
        Sep 8, 2017
        AsTheGlassMelts and 1986ctcel like this.
    12. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I've made it out! Gonna head a bit further west to dodge Atlanta, but I'm out of the hurricane's target zone. Insurance will do the rest.
      1. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Got my directions mixed up, east is the potentially bad way. Heading west instead.
        Sep 7, 2017
        1986ctcel and Subrosian Smithy like this.
      2. Subrosian Smithy
        Subrosian Smithy
        That's good! Glad you're gonna be safe.
        Sep 7, 2017
        AsTheGlassMelts and 1986ctcel like this.
    13. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Just read Keeno's Journey. I laughed and cried and was satisfied. That's my fanon Evil Eye from now on.
      1. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Sep 2, 2017
    14. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I decrypt RPGmaker games and play them in my own RPG editor so I can save and then create events that apply necessary cheats just whenever.
    15. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      How does one go about finding a Beta? Do I write the story and hope someone willing to beta likes it? I have confidence but... Tenses...
      1. asdx
        asdx
        By asking for one and hoping someone says yes.
        Aug 31, 2017
      2. Valette-Serafina
        Valette-Serafina
        There was a thread on the subject, I recall.
        Aug 31, 2017
    16. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Playing The Last Sovereign's August 25th update. Will be gone for at least a day. Remember me if I never return. Simon is so fucking cool.
    17. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I had a pseudo nightmare where I got banned. It was really scary somehow during the nightmare, but seemed silly when I woke up.
      1. Selias and Subrosian Smithy like this.
    18. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Summer Rose in Winterfell. Somebody write that just for the puns.
    19. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I've done it. I have dropped my dragonball project, FOR NOW, and started writing Urban Futa Warfare based on Military Futa CYOA.
      2. MadKeyboard
        MadKeyboard
        >Urban Futa Warfare

I'm not sure which that title is more of; Amazing or Absurd.
        Aug 17, 2017
      3. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Title pending, that was more of a description. Actual gun-toting futa war in a developed urban setting where the dead are revived as slaves for X amount of time and then teleported away to a safe location to rejoin combat. There's more to it, with supplies and while bonuses are temporary until X time drawbacks will be permanent.
        Aug 17, 2017
      4. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Working on the system before writing, already have a plot that it doesn't even need because of what it is.
        Aug 17, 2017
    20. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Military Futanari CYOA is screaming at me, telling me that it's worth dropping every single other thing in order to work on.
      2. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Aug 17, 2017
      3. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Also it was posted by the annoying sergeant guy in Halo you can't kill because he's important later.
        Aug 17, 2017
      4. Plotvitalnpc
        Plotvitalnpc
        AKA by me :P
        Aug 17, 2017
        MadKeyboard and AsTheGlassMelts like this.
    21. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      Fucking. Everything in the world I guess. Or my mind or my muse or whatever. EVERYTHING makes me want to write, but never the same things!
    22. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      The novel for King's Avatar is very stereotypically chinese, and not as good as the show, but at least it is long. Fite me.
      1. daimahou likes this.
      3. d.fish
        d.fish
        boop
        Aug 17, 2017
      4. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        I'm sorry. I can't return your feelings right now, but I think if we work to get to know one another better a relationship could be possible.
        Aug 17, 2017
        daimahou likes this.
      5. d.fish
        d.fish
        bop?
        Aug 17, 2017
    23. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      The King's Avatar is a chinese(?) anime about videogames, and it's pretty good.
      1. Penwriter and daimahou like this.
      2. daimahou
        daimahou
        Aug 15, 2017
        Penwriter likes this.
      3. Imabot
        Imabot
        Chinese are planning to overtake Anime industry?
        Aug 15, 2017
        Penwriter likes this.
      4. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        I watched it on... Ramen something? Random ramen? Whatever. Not important, there are tons of websites.

I just finished. Started it like 30 minutes before this status. I now must hunt for the source material.
        Aug 16, 2017
    24. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      "And then I watched Cinder fall as Ruby rose."
      1. 1986ctcel likes this.
    25. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I have good scenes with a Night's Watch Vigilante Team in Brockton Bay that only ever speak lines from the oath in costume. No story for it.
    26. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      So, Orange the color was named after Orange the fruit, but Oranges aren't even naturally Orange; They're green skinned with red insides.
    27. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I guess writing is much more difficult than I give anyone credit for. I'm certainly having a hard time meeting my own standards.
      1. Daniel K. English
        Daniel K. English
        That's okay. Keep working on it and eventually you'll have something you think you like but will hate once you post it.
        Jul 28, 2017
      2. AsTheGlassMelts
        AsTheGlassMelts
        Actually my fear of that is exactly why I haven't been posting. I hold onto it, and continue writing more of it, and eventually I hate it and then I rewrite it or start a different story and delete it. I've posted before, and I learned my lesson then.
        Jul 28, 2017
      3. Daniel K. English
        Daniel K. English
        Hmm. I write my first fanfiction story back around 2009. It sucked, but some people still liked it, and that was more than enough for me. So, imo, so long as you've passed the grammar + spelling stuff, and you've spent some time working on it, you should be fine
        Jul 28, 2017
    28. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I still haven't watched RWBY V4 because I don't like the new character models or the new music. I hope V5 betters either.
    29. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      I never drew so many parallels between Bloodborne and Madoka until today.
      2. Plotvitalnpc
        Plotvitalnpc
        I mean, a city which is the center of some beneficial (or seemingly beneficial) phenomena or procedure, which creates considerable social strife there, and though it empowers the beneficiaries with great strength they become honorbound to (Or employed in) hunting horrible monsters, something which they take to with a passion.
        Jul 23, 2017
        Valette-Serafina likes this.
      3. Plotvitalnpc
        Plotvitalnpc
        Where gods have gotten involved and started adopting people by infusing them with their nature because they can't have children (or their children always die), which may cause you to become a god yourself?
        Jul 23, 2017
      4. Plotvitalnpc
        Plotvitalnpc
        It's just that the Old Blood, the Beast, and Insight are the same thing in Danmachi: the falna
        Jul 23, 2017
    30. AsTheGlassMelts
      AsTheGlassMelts
      QQ just taught me a valuable lesson that I'll probably continue to ignore because by now what I've always done wrong is habit...
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 15, 1994 (Age: 29)