1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Interest Check & Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Q&R Index' started by Vanathor, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

Interesting

2. TheDivineDemon

TheDivineDemon Know what you're doing yet?

Revised start to my Sense8/Marvel idea, please tell if its better.

Sensing Marvels
    It was the day of your 16th birthday and you had just woken up from a weird dream.

It was... it was a disorientating mess of images, taking you to sights and places you had never seen before. To cities you never traveled to, eating food you didn't even know the name of, and just experiencing foreign feelings in general.

But you put it off to something you ate before you went to sleep.

So, shaking your head to rid yourself of the distracting images, you get on with your life.

Name:
    [] Write in
    -[]Auto-Fill Option:
    Nico Minrou aka Sister Grimm
    Victor Alvarez aka Power Man
    Amadeus Cho

Gender-
    [] male
    [] female
    [] other (write in)

City you live in-
    [] New York
    [] Los Angeles
    [] Houston
    [] Chicago
    [] London
    [] Wakanda
    [] Other

Powers (if the same power is picked by two sites the senior site wins):
    [] Baseline/Average Human
    [] Magic
    [] Psychic
    [] Chi/Ki User
    [] Genius
    [] Other

City you live in(if the same power is picked by two sites the senior site wins)-
    [] New York
    [] Los Angeles
    [] Houston
    [] Chicago
    [] London
    [] Wakanda
    [] Other

Powers (same as above):
    [] Baseline/Average Human
    [] Magic
    [] Psychic
    [] Chi/Ki User
    [] Genius
    [] Other

If you have powers/abilities when did you get them:
    [] Before the psychic link
    [] After the psychic link

Disposition:
    [] Hero
    [] Thief
    [] Enforcer
    [] Not involved in the Super-community
    [] Other

Appearance:
    [] write in (Hair style and color, eye color, skin tone, height, usual style of dress. Pictures are acceptable)

Personality:
    [] Bookish
    [] Sporty
    [] Geeky
    [] Confident/cocky
    [] Meh
    [] Other (write in)

Better? Worse? Needs a little something more?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  3. TheDivineDemon

TheDivineDemon Know what you're doing yet?

4. AlexiGrey

AlexiGrey Getting sticky.

I'm a long time lurker interested in trying to run a quest. I want something low key to begin with so I was thinking of re-starting the quest where you play as a sentient dungeon. The original version didn't last long. If I remember correctly, the DM got squicked by what QQ was suggesting. However, while I am interested in trying this out. I'm unsure about the etiquette. Should I ask permission from the original DM first? It wasn't a completely unique idea but the similar quests I've seen weren't the exact same thing.

5. Dark Ness

Dark Ness I trust you know where the happy button is?

Best to ask first. You wouldn't get in trouble or anything if you don't, but it is considered polite

6. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Kinda already started the thread, but I hope people don't mind since I do probably need more voters and I just found out about this thread. >.>

Here is a link to the quest.

Can a Mook become the main character?

What the quest is about: You are an inspiring mook that served many Overlords back in the day. While you were currently awaiting to be called upon again in order to serve, something odd happened. While you were waiting in the void, you stumbled on a crack in reality and before you could even think of retreating away from said crack in reality, it sucked you in. In the crack you were granted a body, just like if you were summoned, but imminently knew that this was not the normal way as the body forming around you hurt worse than the one time you bathed in acid, and it didn't help that after exiting the crack, you hit the ground from a 40 stories fall.

So now you are a mook, stranded on a strange world far from what you knew.

Current winning votes are for a female Gunslinger to be inserted in the RBWY world.

7. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Heheh *awkward head-scratch*, so yeah, this is actually intended to be a NSFW quest. I'll just be snipping this over to the other thread. Whoopsie!

kinglugia likes this.
  8. AlexiGrey

AlexiGrey Getting sticky.

I have a few ideas for quests. I figure giving you options might make this time less depressing.

1) Dungeon Quest: You play as a sentient dungeon and have to ward off adventurers. I like this because it’s fairly low key which is good for a first quest.

2) Not Useless Quest: You play as Bella Swan who is the reincarnation of someone who is not completely useless. I like this because Edward Cullen is a horrible creature who deserves to be tormented and/or eaten but I don’t know if it has staying power.

3) Monster Manual Reincarnation Quest: You play a character who is the reincarnation of something from a D&D monster manual (possibly with class levels too). I would probably do it in Naruto because I just finished the manga. You would have your pick of the Rookie 12.

4) Make A Wish Quest: A six year old Harry Potter finds a genie lamp and gets 3 wishes. You get the choice between a benevolent genie who will leave after granting your wishes or a malevolent genie that may stick around if it finds you amusing enough.

I am planning on running the game in D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder, possibly with modifications to make it function better with the universe. Feel free to tell me if you think this would be a bad idea or if any of the quest options are bad ideas.

753398445a likes this.
  9. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Well, based on certain musics I'm listening, I just had the idea of this:

You opened your eyes.

In front of you, you can see a hallway leading into the darkness.

[ ] Go through the hallway.

The game's main theme is that the game grows as players take more types of action. And it can grow in multiple directions depending on the actions taken. Based off a certain game the music came from. :)

Anyone interested?

10. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

For idea 2, my suggestion would be Susan Pevensie from Narnia, the mature and cautious queen who despite being reserved and kind yet still is a legendary archer and trained combatant, and by the end of the series doesn't believe any of it was real. You've even got an in, in the last book have her die in the train accident with the rest of them, but Aslan reincarnated her into a different world as her lack of belief in Narnia prevents her from going there, lots of potential for interesting interactions. Also present no issues in regards to possessing magic or anything, she was just a really skilled diplomat and archer.

3 could be an interesting one too, I wonder if having Naruto be the reincarnation of some kind of demon or fox themed monster would be too much? Do they have a Kyuubi in there somewhere?

As for 4, you always go the benevolent genie, always.

The build the world idea as you go starting with a dark hall? It could be interesting, it sounds poorly planned and thus probably doomed however.

11. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

Welp, I literally just came up with a pretty simple idea for an Undertale quest that... kinda contains spoilers for the ending of Undertale. As such, I'm spoiling the works.

Ambassador Quest

Taking place post-True Pacifist ending, the idea is pretty damn simple: you are Frisk, an elementary school-age kid with the ability to travel back to a set point in time via the awesome power of DETERMINATION, given the great responsibility of being the ambassador between monsters and humans. Yep. You have to balance school, the assholery and racism of humanity, bullying, fluffily hanging out with the gang, and just generally fucking around with your ability to manipulate time. Have fun!

Oh, yeah, and Flowey's still around. On the other hand, he's feeling quite a bit less dickish these days.

Not entirely certain at this point how much I'm into actually running this idea, but at least I felt like jotting it down here, unlike the tons of other quest ideas I've been holding back.

12. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Oh god yes please I want this. There is currently only ONE Undertale Quest over on SV, and anything that's done with that wonderful game is 110% AOK with me!

13. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

So...shameless advertisement and self-promotion: Occult Club Quest (CKII Quest)

Inspired by Covered in Blood and Surrounded by Spirits on SV as well as A Geek's Guide: Corporation of Occult Research and Extermination on SB.

Basically a high school AU of the theme, using the Buffy: the Vampire Slayer universe as the principle setting with some crossover elements mixed in later on.

kinglugia likes this.
  14. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Allow us to lewdify the setting, or better, The Dreaming, and I'm game :V

15. Slayer Anderson

It's SFW at this point.

If there's an upswell of 'we want naughtiness,' I wouldn't be against asking a mod to reclassify the thread in the NSFW section.

Still, even if it stays SFW all the way, I'm more than wiling to write up some NSFW material and post it on the other side of the forum.

kinglugia likes this.
  16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Lewdified Dreamtime is best Dreamtime :V

That'll wait, however.

17. Slayer Anderson

I will point out that just because the quest is primarily SFW does not mean lewds can't happen.

Just look at how much Alexander gets away with in his Exalted/DxD quest.

Hell, Sage is running his A Geek's Guide quest with a threesome (maybe more if that homunculi gets involved) on SB. Even the LDman is enjoying the benefits of an openly lesbian Japanese couple.

If the questers decide to go...uh, hypno-magic, for instance, and build a mind-control harem, I'll let them do it. Granted, that might actually push the quest into NSFW territory, but we'll see what happens.

kinglugia and Least Devotee like this.
  18. Xilph

Xilph Well worn.

You can't lewdify the Dreamtime, because the Dreamtime already includes all human nightmares and dreams, so while you have every nightmare roaming all over it, theoretically you should also have every wet dream and fetish roaming the place as well. Think about it, take every instance of Rule 34 that actually got created, and then take every version that simply got imagined and not created because of a lack of talent/writers/artists and combine them both and they should mostly exist, I mean I doubt we can just get the omnipotence granting ring or whatever because someone thought of it once but the Dreamtime is the realm that seems purpose build for creating ultimate badasses. Every danger combined with every reward, sure trying to survive it would be a trial by fire, but you shouldn't go unrewarded for surviving.

19. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

Reinhard Von Lohengramm Con Tý

Wooot, just got suspended two years from SV for writing a quest that was too edgy.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.c...ry-human-incubator-war-quest-pmmm-logh.22145/

Right now, I'm appealing, but even if it succeeds, I'm going to shift it here because SV mods apparently can't stand simple Warhammer 40k edge. I swear, there was no explicit content in it!

In the case I shift it here, I want to know whether or not the preference among you is to restart or continue.

20. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

I bet it's because someone saw you used the term "Princess Maker" and just suspended you for no apparent reason.

21. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

What's bad about Princess Maker?

22. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

Nope. It actually was really twisted fucking bullshit on their part. They took the motive of a previous infraction and combined it with the problem they had with my current work and decided to suspend me because they thought the darkness of my current work was due to the motive of the previous infraction. They themselves said that my current work, which is grimdark, was not a problem in itself, but was a problem because of the motive of my previous infraction, making my current work an infraction.

Your daughter can end up as a *strumpet*. That wasn't the reason they banned me, but.

So who is interested in basically Spaceships and Madoka?

23. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

I dun know... Madoka in spaceships? Not a HomuHomu in spaceships? :3

24. Slayer Anderson

Ugh. I can kind of see the logic behind that, but it also seems like the kind of thing you really shouldn't do as it hinges on knowing the personal motivations of the writer, which isn't usually something you can get a reliable read on.

Also, fair warning, you might want to consider going NSFW, or at least popping over and mentioning it in the NSFW Interest and Idea Thread. QQ is a bit obsessed with the lewds, which is something I'm running into while trying to generate interest for my new brainchild.

25. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

How do you lewd spaceships? By Hildegarde von Mariendorf's tits, how do you lewd what is basically trying to beat Kyubey with LOGH?

EDIT: Unless you mean seducing Space Elves...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  26. Slayer Anderson

You who seek knowledge, go forth to those wise, perverted men and women on the other mountain. Ask them your questions of forbidden lore and they shall answer.

The answers, though, may break you. I wish you luck.

27. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Warhammer has Slaanesh.

28. Reinhard Von Lohengramm

The less gods, the better. Eldritch Gods exist to have a broadside unloaded in their face

So, what will will be for Legend of Galactic Madoka?
    [] Reboot
    [] Continue

24 hours until I count it.

29. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Just add holding hands. But Madoka in spaceships sounds interesting...

30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Reboot
    -[X] And make it NSFW