1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Kill Six Billion Demons

Discussion in 'General' started by Nervaqus987, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

… it’s… dark…

Alt text: ... its dark here. It's very busy, but you cannot see it. When activity reaches its apex, all that is left is a blackness so absolute that it blots out everything. When you see everything, there's only one color left.

First off, I want to say, Jadis is kinda adorable. Like, I was not expecting "cute" to be something a demiurge was capable of, but she's apparently capable of it. Also, as people in the comments point out, the idea that she saved Allison because she's aware that that's what she's supposed to do, rather than any personal reason is really neat.

2. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

Reminder: According to author's tumblr comments, her whole thing is having never got good enough grades for Asian Dad, so she literally became All-Knowing to try & please her dad.

Bre Karn, CrossyCross, Biigoh and 4 others like this.
  3. ElegiacCrown

… listen…
    Alt text: .... left index finger twitches, slightly. Incredulous look. Annoyance and surprise. Straightens up, dawning realization.

Okay, wait. The scene doesn't seem to convey enough movement for them to have "caught up" to Jadis if she was just walking ahead. Did she teleport in front of them? Manifest herself? She hasn't actually interacted, phyiscally, with anything since Allison "woke up". Even before this, we see her reach out her hand as a ghost, but don't see her touch Allison. Leaving aside the issue of this being a dream, which is still for sure could be, I'm now wondering if Jadis is actually, physically, with Allison, or if she's still in her ice-block and is astral projecting.

edit:
    Oh shit, it, like, just hit me. What happened to Princess and the others? Did they make it off world? Did they die too?

4. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

One theory I saw on the subreddit about the alt text for the last few pages: These last few pages have taken place in Allison’s head. But those words and thoughts are from external-Jadis’s point of view.

Jadis is not supposed to be incredulous or have realizations, she is not supposed to be surprised. Ever. Unless something has gone off script…

5. ElegiacCrown

….look…
    Alt text: ...looks up, bites her lip subconsciously, trying to stifle something. Panic. Elevated heart rate. Neurotransmitters squirt back and forth. Little electrons bounce off one another. Chemicals.

A computational engine the likes of which has never been seen in the universe. And likely never will.

I think those theories might be onto something.

Least Devotee likes this.
  6. ElegiacCrown

…where… WHERE…

Alt text: ... WHERE DO I FIT? WHERE'S THE LINES? I CAN'T EVEN SEE MY OWN MIND. I CAN'T-

Hey, y'all. That smile is something else, isn't it. Also, that question, "If you knew what was going to happen, why didn't you do anything?", that entire line of thought is, I feel, going to have serious repercussions on Allison's mental state. I don't know if they'll be good or bad, but they'll be there.

edit:
    Also her face sneering in this panel looks more... natural, more put together? Less uncanny valley than her face did in 4-126, but I'm not actually sure if anything has structurally changed about it.

7. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

For some reason I find this Jadis to be the most attractive woman in the comic.

That oriental look with red makeup really does it for me.

8. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Belkar Flahbacks.

9. NightmareWarden

So if Allison is sent back in time through shenanigans, she could still survive until 30ish years past the present day. Alternatively, Allison will watch the rest of the universe burn itself out. Alone in the dark, she will partake in holy self-division, her goal being to tell the future generations how to avoid the agonies of the previous universe.

Also if Allison is a dream-self right now, could she spend decades like this before “dying,” which actually involves waking up? Living a false life in an inner world, only to return to Throne after her foretold death?

Least Devotee and ElegiacCrown like this.
  10. ElegiacCrown

STOP
    Alt text: -STOP.

Holy shit. I mean, really, holy shit. If that's not a solid demonstration of the horror of omniscience I don't know what is.

11. 24caratcoal

24caratcoal Plotbunny Rancher

And all of the Alt Text falls into place. Just according to Plan.

12. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

>Be omniscient.
    >Do not skip all the crap to just focus on the sex scenes.

There's your problem, nerd.

13. ElegiacCrown

NOTHING
    Alt text: NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING. NOTHING.

This is... a change. She says that everything is immutable, unchanging, but she also seems very upset about the fact that she can't see herself. Or was that, too, just something that she was going to do?

14. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

I'm not sure if the upset part wasn't Alisons thoughts she was narrating.

15. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

She tracks to Sloth, and Sloth is feeling hopeless & depressed. She cannot perceive change, because she believes things cannot change.

"What can change the nature of a man?" & all that.

Least Devotee, Syn17 and ElegiacCrown like this.
  16. AcridComet

AcridComet Experienced.

Absolutely Nothing...

Alt Text: The Giant or the Ant? Which do you choose? Either way, they belong to the Worm

17. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

18. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

She lost her Mind.

19. Gumiho

Gumiho Reach heaven through violence!

Boo, have a like.

20. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

Now that I've thought about it for a bit more, she might actually still have her key in the current time, at least from Allison's perspective.
    From what we know about her, it seems like she might not really experience time like everyone else. It could be that, for her, everything is happening in the future, happening at the same time, and has already happened.
    So whatever causes her to lose her key, from her perspective, it's basically already done, which means, even though she might still have it, she considers the key already lost.

21. ElegiacCrown

Oh, oh I love this. Also, I'm assuming that "Bearer of the Shape" is a reference to her omniscience? Like, "the Shape of everything"

That's a solid point. Also ties into the fact that she doesn't get the "God of the Seven Part World" despite being counted among the seven and still absolutely having the divine bindi.

22. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

Beneath her kimono lies the perfect ass.

23. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

24. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

Why the fuck is non-crispy Jadis so hot?

And why isn't there a better resolution of the pinup page? Come on, its sides are only 800 pixels. The previous comic panels had 1000!

It's annoying I can't look closer at the details.

Seriously, I need those details for a commission...

25. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

26. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2022: A Throne Odyssey.

27. ElegiacCrown

Alt: The Gate. The Path. The Light. The Door. The Candle burning to the floor.

Fuck these pages are good. Jadis being a corpse again, the ever widening void giving way to color, Allison's robes gaining a splotch of Jadis' cyan. These are really good!

28. NightmareWarden

There’s another page planned for tomorrow too, guys.

29. Gaemnomut

Gaemnomut Well worn.

30. Bear_Mint

Bear_Mint The LewdBringer. The Breast Observer.