1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaisen, commision'd Arts and Stories.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

It's the end of the month, and I'm still unemployed, so once again I'm stepping out with my internet hat in hand and advertising my availability for story and artworks, as far as you can call my doodles 'Art'. Looking once again for $250, to keep everything holding together at the seams with chewed bubble-gum and crossed fingers.

I also haven't drawn Konatsu. Holy crap, I really meant to do that, and I one hundred percent forgot that intention until now. I'll have to put a hold on that one, though. I'm drawing something, but it isn't Konatsu. Not at all.

[img width=592 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/k2e0biqqn/features.png[/img]

There's a certain number of features I want to include.

-Narrow, slightly angular features.
    -Pointy nose, not sure I've got this one quite right.
    -A few freckles.
    -Very specific star-emblem tongue-stud.
    -Hair resembles pointed-upward ears.
    -A kind of 'sly' expression.

and a few others.

Anyway, we'll see how things come out, I guess?

2. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=570 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/b2n6wjysf/morefeatures.png[/img]

Some adjustments made. For one, initial 'face about here' outline was just way too wide and long. Very slight tweak to the nose, hopefully that'll make it look sharper. Darkened up the lines I mostly intend to keep as-is from this point. Tweaks to the mouth have been suggested, though, and I'll have to scratch at that and see how it looks.

Also, cropped with a different program, I think this looks much better now.

Anyway, I'm trying to find a balance on this one between getting a second glance because 'oh, that's pretty exotic and interesting, I like that strange thing she's doing with the make-up' and 'what the... the hairs on the back of my neck are tingling a little, something isn't quite right...'. We'll see how it looks when we hit some kind of an end result.

3. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=392 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/tr9txmf33/Hairtweaks.png[/img]

Very slight tweak to the lips, might bear further adjustment, and I got a hairstyle going. Took some inspiration from Juri Han and others, and so I hope that this gives off the right feel.

I think that hairpiece might be a little elaborate, but she's already got the interesting eye-paint going on, so it's sort of too late to start pulling punches now. That aside, I looked at the hair without it and it was pretty clearly missing something, since I'm not sure how it would be feasible at all without mountains of hair gel. With a hair-piece to provide some assistance, though, it seems to work a lot better.

I might rub out that emblem on the hairpiece later, leave it a simple blank plate. Not sure. Still more work to do on it in any case.

4. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/x0xfvkhy7/Scan10080.png[/img]

Some alterations.

For one, I wiped the hair-piece and made it a simpler plate, like I suggested I would. Also finally got some ears on.

That done, I sketched out some neck and decided it looked a little bear, so I scribbled a little extra. For a glimpse of actual clothes, I decided to go ahead and scratch out a simple sort of hoodie. It doesn't quite match up with all the rest of this, but I really like having all of this fancy exotic make-up and decorations, and they go right under an ordinary discounted cheap jacket.

There's probably going to be some further adjustment to the hood's baggy 'flop', and the exact shoulder line, tweaking neck length. Maybe. Haven't decided, and the neck looks maybe a little long, but that also seems fine on this one so I might leave it as-is? We'll see.

5. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

Question: have you considered setting up with Patreon? Might make it more convenient for people. They can do pledges per-work or per-month, which Paypal AFAICT can't.

6. Chibi-Reaper

I'm only really familiar with Patreon, only heard about it tangentially as something related to a couple of h-games around the internet.

Anyway, it cooled down enough to draw a little more, and I still need to keep the ball rolling in this thread, so!

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/tlsspmx27/Scan10081.png[/img]

At this point of the sketch it's mostly just polish, I guess. Little tweaks to this and that, firming up lines, details added to hair clips, tie strings, necklace, some different detail put on that plate because I stared at it for a while and decided I didn't really like it blank after all... also touched up the hood and put in some shadow lines in the inside.

At this point, I'm thinking this is it, and from here on it's work to be done in paint programs and adding colors, so I've just got to think about that, now.

7. Chibi-Reaper

Sitting a 70/250 on the goal line, just as a progress update.

But switching to progress of a different sort!

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/6l3ruc5pb/COLORS.png[/img]

Played around with curve tools for a long while, and then color dumping. I'm not sure that I like how anti-aliasing worked with it, so I might want to go back and disable that and do it all over, and the colors you see here aren't final or anything.

8. Chibi-Reaper

Alright, so. That time of the month again, and I'm once again having to set out my internet hat to the hopeful tune of $250.

As some of you may know, I've been beset by a few little mishaps over the past couple of weeks. Starting with dropping a heavy plate right on my foot, though fortunately it wasn't broken, and I guess my foot is fine too. Alarming 'You may have to replace..." computer messages and appliances straight up acting strangely with no explanation of the misbehavior. I still don't know what's going on with that, but it's reduced to fingers crossed, explosions won't ensue, and try not to use it.

Anyway, I normally bump with art or something, but I've wisely decided to have a bout of nighttime pseudo-insomnia or something, and am only now thinking about this now that I'm too tired to decide on something to draw.

So I'm thinking, maybe I'll take a different option. Some slight issues with the LP-type things I already have going.... on the one hand minor technical difficulties need resolving unless they've cleared up as mysteriously as they came, on the other I don't feel like doing the grind. But...

[img width=600 height=450]http://s25.postimg.org/9m3i0r3z3/ALCG0000.png[/img]

I am considering other options.

9. Chibi-Reaper

Every picture starts somewhere, and-

[img width=337 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/ojgkfi6lb/Stick_Figurey.png[/img]

Oh fuck, what did scanning and uploading do to this, this looks like shit even for a stick figure.

Anyway, I may have started this a little too small, but we'll see how it goes. I'm also not going to say in advance what I'm drawing, here. I'll leave that to guessing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  10. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=297 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/5ikwr81jz/Lessstick.png[/img]

I'm still not sure what's going on with the lines turning into this choppy grey crap sometimes, but it looks like this one got hit with it too.

But anyway, a few more details go in. Yee. Should be more obvious what the drawing actually is from this point on.

11. Chibi-Reaper

Slight delay as I try to add further detail, but instead wind up starting this NSFW thread.

Tamer doodling should resume in a time frame of soonish.

12. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=467 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/cb3cnwfrz/Manieyes.png[/img]

Still bumping.

Not exactly solid on the facial expression, here. I was trying to go for slightly-manic glee of some kind,not sure that came off well. Threw some more detail onto shield, sword.

Seem to have figured out -slash- remembered the problem with all that blurrying shit, seems like something that the program does to deal with graphite clouding or whatever all that grey across the white paper is, sometimes. So, back to the other program, which takes forever to start up and for some reason doesn't play well with other programs active. I guess it's more advanced, though, and at the least now most to all of the blame for shitting up a perfectly good piece of blank paper can be laid at my own feet instead of the program mangling pixels.

13. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=494 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/fpq4hs0kf/armor.png[/img]

A couple details are adjusted and, as I become less certain of some design aspects, bits are added to break things up. Armor and a belt... makes sense, have to hang the sheath for that thing somewhere, right?

Clarifying reminder that I am still open for short original fiction and if some sort of malicious spirit drives you to direct another terrible doodle, that's on the table too and I guess I could use the practice.

14. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

If you want to go for manic then try to make the mouth thinner, more curved with really sharp angles at the end. A hint of pointed canine could also have a nice effect.

15. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=566 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/3ud14gpun/ARM.png[/img]

Suggested tweaks look all right, some adjustments, and that arm, oh fucking geeze that arm. not much can be done about the hand, I guess, but that arm just looks ridiculously terrible to me somehow.

Have to admit, I just drew this whole thing too small. Way too small. Difficult to get detail right in the smaller space, when something is inevitably messed up can't erase it without inevitably wiping out more than you need to and opening the possibility to botch things that were good. Inevitable inevitability. Should have drawn this at least twice as large as I did, crap. Can't fix that now except by starting from scratch again on a clean sheet of paper.

That arm, though.

Well, still aiming for the least terrible end result I can manage. Will continue to update progress as it occurs, though with two more days in the month external matters are kind of weighing on me. I need to figure out a funny way to put that when I'm not tired.

16. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=562 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/b2xul8hcv/Deets.png[/img]

Just a few more details stuffed in as the weight of inevitability presses down a bit more.

Not enough room to draw chainmail properly, just half-assing it with a bunch of circles close together. Will work on the Big Face next, hopefully that at least will come out okay.

17. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=580]http://s25.postimg.org/4clypjjkv/Facial.png[/img]

Good god.

After scribbling tiny, cramped, and shitted-up details for a while, drawing a big thing with fewer details is just... it's bliss. And it comes out near-perfect on the first shot.

I guess I just don't retain lessons well or something, because every time I learn this, and then I forget and every single time I have to learn this anew. It's shameful.

Anyway, by now it should be blatantly obvious that this is the mawile from that mon thing I'm writing. Little else to say about it.

I did think about making her pupils heart-shaped, though... but I thought that might be a little bit much on reflection.

18. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=600 height=424]http://s25.postimg.org/mumombmcf/sample_9c00a11eede7a5f7d24ac99062cea515.jpg[/img]

Been a while since I've bumped this.

Some of you may have heard me mention things falling into disrepair. Others may know that I've recently gotten the first call-back I've had in months on the employment angle. Turns out that was a preliminary group interview, and I can only hope that I'll be called back for a more direct one on one interview soon. Fingers crossed.

But, even if that goes through, the end of the month is coming up now. So whether I get called up for an interview or I get another dose of brief depression, in either case I'm going to have to set my internet hat out for dollars to the tune of $250 once again. Paypal is same as ever, in the OP.

But hey, here's hoping that a paying job will finally ensue in the near future.

19. Chibi-Reaper

Okay. Fingers uncrossed, by this point it's pretty clear that that fell through as well. That's a shame. Though, I guess there was plenty of competition.

Anyway, haven't quite decided on what to draw to bump this thread with, but I happened to have a doodle lying about.

[img width=600 height=463]http://s25.postimg.org/mqxgjt68v/Scan10094.png[/img]

And Sekibanki kind of fits the halloweenish theme I was thinking about going with. Right? Probably right.

20. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/dhdda3krj/Scan10095.png[/img]

Decided on my bumping-doodle.

You may now commence guessing about what it is, based on the scant starting details.

21. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

A poliwag?!

[​IMG]

No... Maybe not...

22. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/yw4qum8db/Scan10096.png[/img]

Scribbled a few more lines, but drawing becomes a little iffier than writing when there's any kind of a headache going on. Will doodle more once that settles down. Still leaving you to guess what this is~

23. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

It's a cigar!

24. Chibi-Reaper

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/ru6t8f4rj/Scan10097.png[/img]

Very halloweeny.

Side note, currently sitting at 85/250, every bit is appreciated.

25. Chibi-Reaper

And I'm in the clear for this month, much appreciated to everyone and happy, possibly slightly belated, halloween.

[img width=463 height=600]http://s25.postimg.org/yd48z36cf/Scan10098.png[/img]

Not satisfied with how this turned out, making a gourgeist into a mandrapumpkin of some kind, but it's still a very halloweeny doodle. Definitely needs either some serious fine tuning or to be redone from scratch if I'm going any further with that. Might not, thinking about it.

26. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

It doesn't look like a cigar anymore!

Neat art.

Also, the pumpkin booty eyes are staring into my soul.

27. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

It's that time of year, folks, the day of feasting in which MURRIKANZ all across the globe celebrate life, liberty, and the pursuit of gross obesity by gorging ourselves sick. That's right, Turkey day is happening shortly. There's also, something something, pilgrims and native americans trading corn for smallpox blankets, but you know, DETAILS.

In any case, in addition to being that time of year it's also that time of the month once again and regrettably I spent far too long considering if I could work in a menstruation joke before realizing that I really shouldn't. I apologize.

Still, I'm again setting my hat out to the tune of $250, making myself available for original short fiction or, if you're into that sort of thing, a doodle to your general specifications. Still need practice on Arting, I don't do enough doodles.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  28. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

Being as there's a quest that slackened and eventually ground to a halt because of 'I should wait until I've gotten the map doodled for that' shenanigans, it's only right that I eventually actually make the map in question.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  29. Chibi-Reaper

[​IMG]

So we have lush and fertile greens, not so lush and fertile greens, rocky and kind of barren parts, full on trackless snowdrifts, and some unknowns.

Also put in some labels. Y'know, because why not.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  30. RanmaBushiko

RanmaBushiko Know what you're doing yet?

You know? I wish I had the money to help you, but I'm down to... effectively 10 dollars for food for the rest of the month. Sorry, Chibi.
    Also, nice map! I may just have to donate enough to get a map off you when I can afford it.