1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Grey Version (IC)

Discussion in 'PbP IC' started by tEN, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Kathleen giggles in delight. She now has a friend, and probably a soon to be Bff! And they will be sleeping toghether! "Thanks you!"

"W-wait!" Kathleen suddenly exclaims, "I will pay you back, you will see!"

"Anyway... I think we should sleep in town before heading out, what do you think Morgana? Besides, I might get my fletchling by tomorrow!"

2. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

"In town, tonight. No reason to not spend a night in bed. We have a few hours of daylight we could use to train, and get some money for dinner."

A blush blooms on her cheeks.

"Perhaps we should try sharing a room tonight, just to get a feel of how sharing a tent will be?"

3. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

"Oh, that's perfect!" Kathleen exclaims, "It will be just like a slumber party, and we can play some games!" calming herself a little, she looks down at the Pokeballs in her belt. "Though, I agree. We can train until nighttime, no reason to waste sunlight. What do you think we should do?"

4. Latewave

Latewave No one remembers who I am anymore.

"Okay I'm supposed to be finding some trainers to battle. That or some odd job. Gonna need to buy my own tent." Azure is speaking to himself. He should know that's a sign of insanity.

5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

At the tickets counter, Quan saw that the next train would be leaving soon. 4:37 to be exact.

"Well, I guess I'm really leaving now. See you guys around!" he called out one last time to the group, going to the train platform.

6. Skitzyfrenic

"Farewell, Quan! Don't be a stranger!"

7. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

It is 5:30 when Quan arrives in Nacrene City. Seven minutes later, it departs for Castelia.

Nacrene City boasts an extensive train yard and a fair number of warehouses, supporting Castelia's overseas shipping. In addition to the pokecenter and the pokemart, there are a museum, a furniture store, and a move academy. With the exception of the center, these are all closed at this hour.

8. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, it had been a nice train trip. Both Webber and Vulcan could play a bit in the train and he took the time to call his family too.

As far as his parents went, they would not mind looking after pokémons he sent, so long they were not too big and not too many, for obvious reasons. If they could help out with the café, even better. His little sister was still angry with him about that prank before he left and tried to bribe him to send cute pokémon for her to take care of to earn her apology. He simply said he would see what he could do.

Now, it was about evening... Far too late to go adventuring in a forest for sure. Besides, he would have to build up funds first.

Well, that could wait for tomorrow. For this evening, he would first make sure he could have a bed at the Center, then train his two Pokémons for tomorrow. He wouldn't build up funds by losing after all.

9. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

As Faith sets out on Route 2, she hears childish laughter echoing from somewhere in the woods to the side of the path.

In the morning in Nacrene City, it can be found that the pokemart holds many of the same things as the one in Accumula, with the addition of the heal ball for 300 and the net ball for 1000. The move tutor, museum, and furniture store all open also.

10. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Well, the morning was fine. Quan managed to teach soem battle basics to his two Pokémons, they could enjoy the night, they got a nice breakfast and now, all teh stores were open.

Except he lacked the money for them.

Well, it couldn't be helped. He had to get supplies before even thinking of crossing that forest and he had no intention to do so by train. And for that, he had to battle trainers.

Quan wasn't sure how many there were in town or at the outskirts but worse came to worse, perhaps there were part-time jobs he could take too. He would have to consider it if Webber and Vulcan got tired too.

11. Latewave

Azure wakes up from the corner he sprawled himself out in. Stretching out a bit he walks outside into the sunny day. Yesterday was a bust for finding any trainers to mug have completely legal battles with and then take their lunch money. Sighing as he doubts that he'll be any luckier this time around finding someone. He walks out towards route 2. Azure lets Zubat and Lillipup out to have some time in the sun.

He looks down at his pokemon as he talks to himself.

"Okay, I totally forgot to do this."

Azure scans his Zubat and Lillipup with the Pokedex.

'So remembering what I learned from Koga, I should teach Zubat how to bite people. It already knows how to drink blood, but he doesn't know how bite. Also the guide says that Lillipups have good noses? Maybe I should train him on how to use it? Eh, whatever I should at least get them used to following what I say right?'

Azure gives orders to the puppy to grab whatever shiny thing that he see's as he's walking along. Zubat gets told to do random flight manuevers.

12. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith tenses, sending out Shuppet for protection.

Her orders were quick and quiet, "Keep an eye out, there's something else here with us. Try to stay hidden if you can."

She started walking again, far more cautiously, but towards the laughter. "Who is it? I won't hurt you, just want to talk." Her voice was soft, reassuring, like how one would talk to a wounded predator.

13. Skitzyfrenic

Morgana wakes up the next day, and gets herself and her Pokemon ready for the day, teaching them proper self grooming techniques (referencing her Pokedex and inferring some things). A well groomed Pokemon is more likely to win competitions after all. With few exceptions.

After she finishes up, she goes back into the room to wake up Kathleen.

"Kathleen~" she sing songs out, "Time to get up. We have lots to do today. Trainers to beat, and a route to walk."

14. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Aqua slowly drifts awake, then blinks at an empty room, feeling the soft and breathing warmth of Sneasel.

He looks around for a moment... then leans back and goes back to sleep. He can afford to cat-nap a little longer. If someone needs him for something, or Sneasel wants to get moving, then he can get up then. But for now, maybe another hour...

The door isn't locked anyway, so it won't be any trouble.

15. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Kathleen wakes up with a yawn. "Thanks darling..." She replied as she stretches. Gathering her bearings Kathleen showers and prepares herself to leave along Morgana on their Adventure!

16. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Quan Manages to find three trainers willing to battle him in sanctioned league matches, and picks up 338, 242, and 468 PD from them, respectively, although Webber faints in the third battle.
    Shortly after running off, Lillipup runs back and tugs on your pant leg, before darting off and stopping.
    Laughter continues to echo around you, before getting louder and seeming to pass through you. A dark shape is before you.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  17. Latewave

Azure dashes off towards where the Lillipup is.

"So what's this thing you want me to see boy?"

18. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith twitches lightly, feeling a small amount of fear despite herself.

Kneeling down she extends her hand, ready to dodge backwards if this proves to be a mistake, "Come on, I'm not going to hurt you. Just want to be your friend is all."

19. Skitzyfrenic

One of the first things Morgana does for the day is ask the staff at the Pokecenter for literature for Competition-specific diet and training regimens, the Competition Circuit in Unova, and a good place for her and Kathleen to train and meet other trainers for some matches.

20. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Lillipup leads you to a bush with three ripe oran berries growing on it.

21. Latewave

Azure places the oran berries into his pack.

And then plays with his pupper.

"Who's a good boy. You are. You're a good boy."

He follows along the route. Who knows what he could stumble upon.

22. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

The laughter builds lounder and louder, almost painfully.
    The dreamyard and the move academy are good local places to meet other trainers, there are a few simple recipes to turn berries into competition food, and competitions are held in Aspertia, Nacrene, Nimbasa, Ocean Town, and Humilau, on a permanent basis, with special event competitions cropping up in all of the local towns from time to time.

23. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Kathleen also inquires about the GTS results on her puppy, and then proceeds to ask for some tips for raising Pokemon for competitive battles and the Unovan Gyms, Elite Four, and League. She also asks about the Vertress conference and any rumors of rare Pokemon in the area.

EDIT: Kathleen also checks if her puppy has picked up anything.

24. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Nobody has accepted your offer yet, individual pokemon entries should contain their nutrition needs in the dex, it's several months off to the next Vertress Conference, there are no rare pokemon being reported at the moment, and the nearest gym is run by a new leader from Kanto who decided to settle down after traveling the world. Burgh, recently invited to join the Elite Four, sold the new leader his old gym.

25. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

Faith grit her teeth and moved forward again, reaching out to touch the shape.

26. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Faith's hand passes straight through. The shape is cold, and dark. The laughter becomes more jarring and it almost hurts to think.

27. vyor

vyor Oh that's cute

She falls back, clutching her head, "Shuppet, Shadow Sneak!"

28. Anon̦̦

Anon̦̦ [Verified Cute]

Kathleen tells Morgana that they can meet in the afternoon if she wants to do something else before leaving town.

She inquires about Accumula's town Battle Club. She then goes to train and battle for some money. If it's disponible, she heads to the Battle Club.

29. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

"Good job, guys." Quan said as he handed the balls to the nurse in charge for them to recover. "I'll see you guys in a while."

Quan did not gain that much in funds, but it would eb somewhat enough to cover the necessities he needed to travel the forest. Passing by the Mart, he bought himself a one person tent, a repel and two sets of rations. The purchases almost emptied his pockets, the total being at 1250 pokédollars.

While it would defeat the point of leaving to be out of the big city by hanging around another one, it seemed like he would need to use Castellia as a point to build up real funds. He couldn't just live by barely meeting expenses.

With little point in hanging around with so little cash left, Quan decided he could always return to visit another time. For now, he returned to the Center for his pokémons. Webber was a bit sad over his loss, but Quan said he did a great job anyway and the work he did was what allowed Vulcan to win. He perked up a bit at that.

Pinwheel Forest was one of the spot he wanted to travel in. It had quite the number of wild pokémons too, but he let both Webber and Vulcan out. Between those two, he could dealt with any agressive wild pokémons. It would be good battle experience too.

Still, maybe there was one there he could capture too...

30. Skitzyfrenic

Morgana joins Kathleen in her adventures in training and battling, having nothing else to do, and deciding to use the chance to see her Pokemons' moves in raw action. That raw passion could then be transformed with discipline and routine into something wondrous for the Competition Circuit. Morgana just needed a place to start, and a spark of inspiration.

... The money wouldn't be bad either.

"You guys ready?" she asks her Pokemon.

She receives affirmative sounds from all of her Pokemon, Brooke's response being particularly enthusiastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.