1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Squirrelly's Fanarts~

Discussion in 'General' started by Master of Squirrel-fu, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Sexy Squirrelly :3

2. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

I just realized I haven't updated in a while so I'll dump the other stuff:

I've been doing commision on the MGiY thread on SB
    [​IMG]
    Bleeding Redeyes and Kinglugia who didn't even make the request I just got bored and drew her in the extra space.

[​IMG]
    Tzee and Berry, sadly Tzee said that that isn't what his MG looks like so I'll redo it later. Berry though was quite satisfied.

And most recently one for Nevindar:
    [​IMG]

On the non Magical girl side of things I have one new pic:
    [​IMG]
    Kamina and Nono back to back badass~

And a little bit of something extra here's what I used to draw like when I started out in middle school almost a decade ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I really like those characters! They look very dynamic.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Master of Squirrel-fu

3 years in a row bitches! It's officially a Halloween Tradition now!
    [​IMG]
    Sadly didn't have a scanner thus I could only get this on here by snapping a pic on my phone. So the shadow you see. I'll fix that later. maybe.

5. Master of Squirrel-fu

Other Stuff I realized i never posted.

First off a few more AMiY commissions:
    [​IMG]
    A rough sketch of a request for the character Shunko. It was an interesting experience, I had never drawn mecha-like things before and I had alot of fun with the gun. The design was mostly based on Buster Machine 7 Nono (the boots), Lambda (coat), and Yamashita Trident (Gun), and sprinkles of Lal'c, Chachamaru, and Alita.

[​IMG]
    The finished piece. As it turned out I had originally gotten the bloomers wrong as I had startlingly few bloomers pics other then Misaka's shorts. Was also told that the boots needed to be less footlike and more like those found in that weird anime with girls who have torpedo legs or something. I streamlined the legs a bitmore and made them more "ridged" so they didn't look so much like boots. Got carried away with drawing the back cannon thing, hilariously it was supposed to be a missle but I forgot while I was in the artsy zone and made it a proton back and didn't realize until I'd finished.

[​IMG]
    This is Jordan, or as I like to call her Unlimited Blade Wings-chan. For her the concept phase was the hardest. She was a magical girl with two forms, one was a pretty princess, the other was valkirie with FUCKING WINGS MADE OUT OF FUCKING SWORDS!!!! Had to get a bit of clarification for exactly how the wings looked since the only description was Wings made of swords. I can't take credit for that, as Burd was the one who said the feathers were the swords, and that swords were placed flat on limbs. The shapes of them like leaves were my idea though, also the blade skirt I think. The prncess mode I basically stole the outfit from one of my earlier fanarts. I moddled the outfit of the other off Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere.

[​IMG]
    These were quick sketches. Barrowed alot from Olivier Armstrong for the one on the right.

[​IMG]
    Akira and Alexandria. For Akira I channeled alot of Lal'c, I like Lal'c, you can't have enough Lal'c. The design called for short spats I believe but that would have looked weird by itself so I added the skirtthingy from Attack on Titan. Alexandra was a bit of a challenge since she was supposed to be noticeably muscular but not too muscly. I added a bit of definition but mostly copped out by covering more. I did make her noticably thicker and broader shouldered than my usual ones though. Her outfit is acutally a cross between Reimu and that gun girl from Etrian Odyssey.

[​IMG]
    Here we have Lemon-chan and Lux. Lemon-chan came out not as good as I hoped given how much I wanted to draw her. I had the most trouble with Lux's face sadly I think it might still show. The cloths ended up taking a while to come up with since the description was Tunic/robes which didn't equate in my mind. now she's near naked with just a thin thing covering just the front and back.

[​IMG]
    Here's Matty, had lots of fun drawing her. Tried to make as much of her as original as possible. I styled it ala Madoka cutesy style. she had hair drills but sadly I couldn't get it right.

And lastly here;s my magical girl.
    [​IMG]
    Other than the the "let me sleep or I'll gut you" look I don't look anything like this. Not much to say for the creation process, I pretty much doodled that at work and took a cell phone pic.

This last one is actually an OC of mine, it was originally sketched but I wanted to use it as a test to try my new Drawing Pad.
    [​IMG]
    That's Creeper, other wise known as Asura. Her power is basically spawning clones of her body parts via alternate timeline splits. I5'w all kinda muddled. What matters is that it didn't work well with clothes and she had to wear as little as possible to use it effectively. While she looks covered that's just loose rags tied to her body in strategic locations. Modeled after the Hexer from Etrian Odyssey.

6. Master of Squirrel-fu

[​IMG]
    My new avatar previous one was
    [​IMG]

7. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Dat poor bird.

8. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

[​IMG]
    I did a thing.

9. Master of Squirrel-fu

[​IMG]
    Awawa~ For me? Thankies~

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  10. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

I can do different colors pretty easily too, since the colors are on a different layer for the most part. Are those what you had in mind?

Xicree likes this.
  11. Master of Squirrel-fu

Truthfully the colors, while nice, aren't the ones I had in mind. Roche was cosplaying as Spider Princess.

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  12. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

Right, I'll see what I can do when I get some free time tonight.

13. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

The spider princess is being difficult to re-edit, so I'm working on this one instead (the left one). Do you have a color reference?

[​IMG]

14. Master of Squirrel-fu

You'd have to ask Tzeench and Strawberry from SB, that's their mahou shoujou. Well, maybe not for Tzeench since it ended up not matching his. So I guess, Gothloli, very dark colors like purple or black with the frills being either white or accenting dark colors.

15. gibbousmoons

gibbousmoons Well worn.

So here are my inked and colored files.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

This thread is like a trip down cute, lewd, and memory lanes all together.

Least Devotee likes this.
  17. Biigoh

It ish soh.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  18. Master of Squirrel-fu

19. Plotvitalnpc

I name this first being Crochelle, for Christmas Rochelle
    If that is, in fact, Rochelle.

Biigoh likes this.
  20. Biigoh

The clothes are red with blood and tears... you are not sure why and really you can't hear the sobbing anymore.

21. Master of Squirrel-fu

Tis Roche, not Rochelle, She's Rochelle's theoretical daughter with Mami.

22. Plotvitalnpc

Curse this event for not happening in Witch Quest proper.
    The world is thus deprived of vital cute.

23. Speckled Burd

Speckled Burd Studious Elf

Heyo Squirrelly! Want to do another request for the A Magical Girl is You Thread for me~?

24. Master of Squirrel-fu

Hmm, I have a free day coming I guess I can put aside to try some sketchies.

Speckled Burd likes this.
  25. Speckled Burd

In that case, if you're feeling up for it, could you draw my GM character from the AMGIY! threads over on SV and if so do you just need me to post a description of her?

26. Master of Squirrel-fu

Sure, be sure to read the guidelines in the op so you know what to do.

Speckled Burd likes this.
  27. Speckled Burd

Yaaaaay~
    Standing at 5’4”, Sarah is of average height and of slight build. Dark brown hair reaches down to mid back when let down, but she has been known to keep it up in a bun. Perched upon her nose is a pair of black spectacles. She has moderate breasts (high B cup) though they are rather understated by the strictly professional clothes she tends to wear at all times. Her eyes are a shade of crystal clear blue, seemingly having stars twinkling within their depths.

Above her head floats a simple halo of silver light, while on her back are a pair of silver wings, seemingly made of pixels or some other form of abstract geometry.

Costume:
    Your costume begins with smart, kitten-heeled black mary-jane shoes with a stylish buckle in silver on them. Your legs are covered with simple black tights with a vague, only noticeable on closer look pattern of silver on them. You wear a pencil skirt to your knees; unadorned aside from the belt that has a large silver buckle and a pocket for your primary source of power, which we shall get to later.

Your torso is covered by a stylish white blouse, with ruffling at the collar and sleeve ends, and with long, poofy bishop sleeves. Over this is a velvet waistcoat again in black, with silver buttons and a silver pocket watch. At your neck is a navy blue silk cravat, with a star-shaped pin at the collar.

Your hands are adorned by simple, stylish and ladylike white gloves. Your face has a touch of makeup on it; though this is understated and tasteful. Your hair is a nondescript dark brown, kept up in a sensible bun, with some hair splaying onto your shoulders. Untied this hair reaches mid-back.

On your nose sits a pair of slim, stylish black spectacles.

Under your skirt is a thigh holster with a pistol on it for self-defense in an emergency. While not majorly powerful, it still packs a punch and has ammo as long as you have magic.

You also possess an odd mobile phone within a holster on your belt, which has a button on the bottom of the flip down section.
    If you need any more details, feel free to ask me via conversation here or on SV.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.
  28. Master of Squirrel-fu

Your art is done, I'll post it here tomorrow since my phone is broke and I can't snap the pic till it gets replaced.

Plotvitalnpc and Speckled Burd like this.
  29. Master of Squirrel-fu

For Teh Burd!
    [​IMG]
    This was an interesting draws, needed a bit of clarification on a couple parts from burd but overall I felt I had a lot of creative freedom. I started with the head and pose, took a while to find the right one and it took more effort than it probably should to get the bust/shoulder/neck part to line up right so she didn't look like a mutant if you stare. The pose reference I used had a scarf for what I suspect is that reason alone. Similarly I covered her neck a bit with the collar of the underblouse

Burd said she wore a waist coat vest, but I didn't think it'd show right around the bust so I made it bustless, and her undershirt is there. I modeled it a slightly after Utena's uniform. For the skirt, honestly I thought it would clash, pencil skirt with waist coat? But it worked out very well! Point to Berry there. The blouse is slightly detached sleeves if you notice, I feel that's the part that makes it look most fantastical enough to think Magical girl rather than just girl in fancy cloths.

I modeled her gun off a Derringer, specifically Rozalin's Noble Rose. Similarly while it may be hard to see the medallions on her coat all have rose designs in them. Her halo was me drawing something I recalled from an old manga of a digital ring thingy, couldn't do the same for the wings for the pixel affect Burd said they had so I made it kinda look like the transmutation effect from FMA. Her hair was actually one of the hardest parts to get right, had to try and make the flow seem natural. Similarly it turns out tiny eye brows are a bitch to get level with each other.And that's about it for the commentary.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  30. Speckled Burd

She's perfect and wonderful and I love it and I love you.

Plotvitalnpc and Nevindar like this.