1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Tandem the Spoony's Next Adventure [F/SN x CM(D&D)]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, May 7, 2013.

1. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Guuuuuuuuuuyys
    Stop giving me so many wonderful choices!
    Is to many good songs. Can't pick.
    o(╥﹏╥)o
    Bed now. See you tomorrow. Happy Mothers Day

2. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Actually....if we're being honest here, no English song is going to go over as well with the Japanese crowd. As such, I put for a sound with no lyrics! Ah, Celtic music.

Hey, s'got a really good beat to it, and a good way to try and one-up Goldie would be to dispense with the speaking entirely and still match him. :p

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJebiwzdZM[/embed]

But mostly I just hope this becomes everyone volunteering awesome music. Then it doesn't matter what wins, we get to listen to awesome music. We win.

I suppose if we want to be unoriginal, we could do something from Dragonforce. Of course, if some jackass in the crowd claims they can do Through Fire And Flames on Guitar Hero and think it means something compared to us, clearly we need to bash them over the head with an ax.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Y'know, if we do something really mild and simple and still hook everyone, isn't that more impressive? Hell, with Mother Nature's Son we might even get Enkidu to smile. And everyone knows the Japanese love them some Beatles.

Meh, more cool moogis:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ry2MgaHas[/embed]

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4d4yB-cm6E[/embed]

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySzrJ4GRF7s[/embed]

If I were in a trollier mood, I'd suggest this:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAMRTGv82Zo[/embed]

4. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rQEbQJx5Bo[/embed]

Elvis. The babe magnet himself. If anyone was a bard in this reality? It was this guy.

5. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

I think its time to use bardic knowledge to figure out information on these three people. If anyone is noteworthy? Its these three. Take a 10. Auto-succeed.

6. Killian_Darkwater

Killian_Darkwater Making the rounds.

[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gH1ro89KlhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

7. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Well, since both we and Gilgamesh have A+ charisma, it should be possible to "beat" him. Anyway, Blue Suede Shoes or Return to Sender by Elvis, or Feel Like Making Love by Bad Company. Also, do we need a song that's goon on acoustic?

8. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

Indeed, your Charisma is on par with Servant level Gilgamesh...

Servant level.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Heaven's Above

Is He Alive?! As in a fucking LIVING Hero?

10. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

What is this I don't even.

Berserker fighting AM's Shadow Giants so early?

Cirno-nee?!

Gilgamesh and Endiku Bro Team?!?!?!

We now know what group we absolutely should worm our way into. It's not a matter of defeating them but to become their friend.

Then to find a passage to Tandem's old dimension so we can all have adventures!

P.S.: Is this Gilgamesh a True Heroic Spirit by any chance?
    P.S. 2: tell us the truth Hymn, is the Sea-Earth-Sky team something you cooked up at the moment of there is a story behind it? Because Gil and Enkidu I can understand, but Cirno-nee is too bizarre.

Forgot anything? Oh yes, the song: my vote goes to the winning one.

11. FurikoMaru

Huh. If this is living-Gilgamesh, Tandem must be remarkably heterosexual to come off so well with him in the same room. Regardless of my own feelings on the matter, isn't Gil supposed to induce a certain amount of think-unsexy-thoughts-think-unsexy-thoughts?

12. EnderofWorlds

Gilgamesh: After my defeat by the hands of Saber, I found myself summoned forth into a more suitable vessel for my being; in a land still bound in the Age of Gods. It was only then when I realize how...confining the paltry Servant containers of the Holy Grail War really were.

I am indeed in my full glory; capable of outrunning the sun and it's golden rays, with strength to match Humbaba and Gugalanna once more.
    Gilgamesh: There are only two who have ever risen to become my equals, my friends. One from the past, who will forever be revered in my memories and can never be replaced. The one who restrained me and served as my temperance; the earth that remains steadfast against the winds.

And one from the future; who rose to match and overcome me; who served only to remind me of the one from my past. The one who taught me that reverence does not mean exclusion, and that moving on from the past does not defile it. The one who served to rekindle the innocence and joy of my youth; the sea that is moved by the winds, but kicks back in retaliation.

Water, earth, and air; Heaven, Earth, and the Deeps: a perfect trinity that embodies both the realms of gods and men. Existing with foresight and vision transcending both, and power to reach such vision; there is nothing that exists that can stop us. Be it god, demon, monster, or man; we will trample them all underfoot to fulfill our goals, our desires, our dreams...

13. EnderofWorlds

It's sorta like how if you constantly take small doses of poison and gradually up it you get an immunity; or how if you work a lot in cold environments you get used to the cold. Tandem's done this song and dance before; he's a fucking bard, it's in the job description. He knows the tools of the trade and how to use them.

But compared to what just happened? He's a journeyman; and Gil has just shown he's the grandmaster.

14. FurikoMaru

Well, you know what this calls for.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQHZjAafo4[/embed]

8)

15. Alexander

Gonna say, there are a lot of crossovers in this quest, even if only for the background...

Great King, does your group accept acquaintances? Because, really, to be your enemies is the last thing we want. Should be obvious why.

Also, this land tied to the Age of Gods: how we get there? Us too are longing for the sweet taste of adventures after being cooped up in the Throne for too long and, while this modern world offers many wonders, it's still lacking in mighty foes to overcome, damsels in distress to save and...you know the rest.

16. EnderofWorlds

Yes; all...two, three of them? Let's see, besides Counter Monkey; which is D&D, there's Old Man Henderson from Call of Cthulhu and then Touhou from this latest chapter. That's it. Unless I missed one.

And yes; Gilgamesh is meant to be this quest's version of the Lady of Pain, you have Hymn of Ragnarok to thank for that. You could've ended up with regular Gil or F/P Gil, but nope; he had to roll the 99, which lets me pick the fun option.

But...let me tell you a story; a brief story, but a good one nonetheless:

Once upon a time, there was a shrine maiden and a magician; the magician, both curious and jealous of her peers and their servants, decided to make one of her own. Using potent magics; she forged a vessel, to which she would summon a recently deceased or wandering soul to serve as her servant.

However, instead of summoning a wandering spirit; she called forth the soul of a King. Irate at being called only to serve; he struck the witch down, as well as slaying her friend; who fled to the heavens to escape his fury, to no avail.

When the King gazed upon the land he was summoned to, he declared; "This beautiful land interests me; therefore I shall indulge myself on all there is to do in this realm. For the world is my garden, to do with as I will."

So he journeyed and found himself in a field of sunflowers. Bored, he decided that he will harvest the seeds; to see if they would taste well. Doing so however, enraged the guardian spirit who protect the flowers. The spirit struck at him, but the King was unharmed; for his endless treasury had many armaments to protect him, and best the demon of the field.

Then he journeyed once more, finding himself in the realm of ghosts. Again struck by tedium; he harassed the souls of the departed who were stuck here, those with no ego or emotion. Little better than mindless beasts, beating on them and watching them scurry about was amusing to the King.

But again, a guardian appeared; one who was both mortal and spirit. With speed nearing that of the Sun's golden rays; she struck at the King, to slay him in an instant. But for the King who had outrun the Sun and it's reach; it was too slow, and again was a guardian who defied him struck down.

This angered the queen of the realm; who came forth and gave her verdict: death to he who broke the laws of the netherworld. And when the verdict is death, the queen's word is made manifest. However, once again did the treasury of the King best this threat to his being; nullifying the foul magics that allowed the queen to rob lives so easily. The king left the land of the dead, laughing all the while.

Again on his travels was he stopped; this time by a horned demon. Hearing rumors of the King's strength, the demon wanted to fight him; to see who was the strongest. The King, again bored, obliged; and so they fought. And again did the King win, for though the demon was strong indeed; the strongest in physical might in all the land in fact, the King was he who fought Humbaba and Gugalanna. The guardian of the realm of the gods, who strength even worried the gods themselves; and the Bull of Heaven who shook the world with the mere movement of his hooves, and who could break and sunder it on a whim.

The demon beaten, the King continued to travel the land and stumbled upon a lake shrouded in mist. There he met a fairy, childish and simple minded. It declared itself the strongest and challenged the King to a duel.

Such a thing make the King laugh; how bold! How stupid! Truly this is a creature that lacked common sense or reason! So amused by the little fairy, that he decided to 'accept' the challenge; with a stipulation: the fairy would choose the tools of her demise.

The fairy, with confusion and innocence, choose a golden bow and blessed chains. Seeing which treasures were chosen annoyed the King; but it mattered not, he said it would choose it's demise and it did. Bound by the Chains of Heaven and doused by the Surge of Utnapishtim; it was obvious who had died.

Immortals, Gods, demons, mortals; all the denizens of the land were suffering under the King's merrymaking at their expense. The shrine maiden who enforced the balance and who maintained the sanctity of the land had perished; yet forbidden to pass on and truly die, lest the land fall to ruin. Seeing the destruction being wrought; one of the great protectors of the land, one who divided this wonderland from the base and dull outside world, came forth to oppose the King.

"You who ruins the balance and peace of Gensokyo; yield or perish before my might," demanded the protector.

"I refuse; I am King, I have the right to do as I will. You may try to stop me by force, but you will fail; as all others before you have," taunted the King.

So they fought. For days they fought, the absolute authority and power of the protector against the endless treasury and might of the King. A perfect stalemate that neither could overcome; or so the protector thought.

The King demanded, "Yield, and protect the land; I grow tired of this and seek to end it. If you do not want to see that which you protect annihilated before you, do as I say; lest we destroy that which we fight over. Then we will continue our battle anew."

Confused, the protector did as she was asked; and created a second world over the first, so that the land would not be harmed. She could not believe that she would lose, that this boast of a mere mortal was true. Then, the King called forth his greatest treasure; and unmade the World, bringing it back to the primordial chaos from which it was born.

And thus did he begin it's birth anew. And the protector could do nothing; for she drew her power from the laws of the world and how they obeyed her will. In the time before these laws were formed, she was powerless; and faced the hellish waste that existed before the World was born, along with the force that divided Heaven and Earth.

The protector survived; barely. By enforcing the laws from within her being was she able to survive, but she was on the brink of death. And she was forever scarred; for few may gaze upon what came before and and come out unscathed. For one who's existence was forged from the laws of the world, it was even worse to gaze upon that chaotic wasteland.

Standing over his beaten foe; the King laughed and cried out, "I alone stand triumphant among Heaven and Earth! None exist who are my equal; and any who dare refute this may challenge me! And weep, for you will fall as all who came before you have; and all who come after you will as well."

"So, are there any who dare refute the will of the King?"

Silence. Absolute silence, for there were none left who had the will or the power to challenge the King. Smug in his triumph; he began to wander once more, looking for a new distraction to amuse him.

Then a voice spoke out, "I challenge you, O might King. For your tyranny shall end here, and you shall again learn Humility."

But that...is another story, for another time.

gustyeagle and Mizuki_Stone like this.
  17. Alexander

...I should say something, but I find myself lacking adequate words. So instead I will make a question:

There is a reason, any reason, the trio may see us as an enemy? Because I really want to avoid the route where they are the final bosses.

Also, Call of Cthulhu? FFFFFFFFFF-

18. EnderofWorlds

Hmm, how about: "Gilgamesh can officially run at FTL speeds and is capable of cracking the Earth with his fist"? Because I've basically looked at the Servant system and went; yeah, modern magi managing to summon Age of God heroes at anywhere near their prime? I call bullshit.

Saber? Eh, she's not hampered much; it at all by the system. Reaching her HS peak isn't impossible for her. Herk from F/SN canon? A fraction of the real Herakles. Gilgamesh? Empty a water tower to a single drop; then put that drop into a thimble. Then filter the drop through the thimble, until you get a perfect scale ratio of water:thimble that the water tower had with that single drop. That was what was in the Servant Archer container for canon.

You may begin crying now. Let me drink the tears of your despair!~

As for avoiding them as enemies? Out of your hands; they do what they want, when they want, where they want. They casually beat up pantheons; for fun.

19. Alexander

...*raised eyebrow* Ender, I find all those praises a little, what's the term? Ah yes: suspicious.

Because, okay: invincible super characters. In a game it's the kind of people who only serve as background characters.

Now, I don't pretend I can read your mind, but well...I think I understand something. What I understand?

Sore wa himitsu desu~! (God I love that quote!)

On another note: enough derailment. Let's go back to the real quest.

20. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Cirno died? Nuuuuuuuu. ....

21. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

[X] something from Queen
    It never fails

Don't talk shit about mai waifu.

22. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Oh fuck all kinds of duck.

23. Hymn of Ragnarok

Well, this is a reminder of why Gilgamesh in his legend is total bullshit. Add on FSN GoB, and it makes you want to cry.

24. Killian_Darkwater

What is the lady of pain?

25. Killian_Darkwater

I'm not talking shit, I'm just calling it as it is. It's not like I said "sakura is just a dumb character i hate her."

26. Cherry Lover

Cherry Lover Well worn.

Yeah, go away, CV. I ain't falling for your obvious flamebait.

The thing is, Sakura never willingly kills Shirou, and getting rid of Zouken and the worms means she won't turn Dark. So, whilst what he's saying is technically true, it doesn't actually make the slightest bit of difference to the situation under discussion.

As others have pointed out, he is quite obviously just trolling, rather than actually trying to help with the quest. Ignoring him is the wisest option here.

27. Killian_Darkwater

What is that supposed to mean?

28. MrGazzer

MrGazzer Wabbit

Yet by responding your falling for it.
    Bad Cherry, bad.

29. Hymn of Ragnarok

And this is why it keeps happening.

30. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Looks at Gil.Well this is going to be fun. At least for Ender.