1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Kuro-chan

Kuro-chan Know what you're doing yet?

I'm surprised her last name is already somewhat spreading in Hell in a negative fashion. In Worm, she went out of her way to make sure the capes she controlled survived unless they were a powerful Brute (like Alexandria) who could slow down Scion for a few moments. If I remember correctly, even in Ward it was briefly noted that as soon Khepri took control, the rate of death (of capes) during GM drastically lowered.

And since you're not Wildbow, I doubt everyone who was controlled by Khepri will systematically unperson her like they did in Ward. I'm still frustrated about that particular cop-out.

2. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

It looks like Taylor would have to start kicking ass and taking names now.

3. krahe

krahe Versed in the lewd.

Oof, man. Mega OOF

4. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

When faced with an overwhelming force, discretion is the better part of valour. While wall hacks via magic are nice, they don't let you take on a coalition of vigilantes. That and you may have noted that Skidmark did call Squealer, mayhaps it was for an evac?

An oversight that I will have to fix now that you've brought it up.

Edit: There we go, now Angel asks if turning her body parts into clothing was another one of her powers rather than just asking again. Now that I think about that I think I accidentally revised that part before I actually properly started my revisions so I hadn't re-read the previous parts.

Personally I was under the impression that it was because there were too many demons in Hell was the problem and was why the Angels were there. Granted, Charlie doesn't even know that redemption is possible so her plan may have been doomed from the start.

Actually the fact that in Ward she is reviled as the worst villain in history is why she is hated here. This fic will eventually make it's way to Ward as well with Taylor filling the role of Demonic schemer as this entire thing was inspired by this Omake that will be remade when the fic get to that part.

Omake here: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/wannabee-worm-hazbin-hotel.800545/page-208#post-68447027

Despite loving her Father and such, she referred to him as Danny a lot in Worm if I am not mistaken. Even so, failing her when she needed him most, and more than two years of growing apart... well to say the least, it can lead to some unfortunate distance between people.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Jaime01, Nickballas, Morphile and 9 others like this.
  5. Kitty S. Lillian

Kitty S. Lillian Transhuman

Fools opposing Skitter get to have a faceful of blam. Also, angels.
    peek ×3

6. mperalta

mperalta I trust you know where the happy button is?

Taylor would fight them. powers or no powers. because they know she is hanging out with skidmark, they are going after squaler and their baby. the only way of stopping this is dealing with them permanently.

and she simply does not have the power to do so. she is not contessa. she has incredible training and is most certainly a master of martial arts, knife-wielding, and marksmanship. however, being a badass normal still is not enough to survive against capes.

victor was even more skilled than Taylor at this point, and he had othala as support so that he didn't get killed during fights, and he wasn't against this many enemies.

that means that Taylor literally can't win, and she HAS to fight.

and while Taylor found herself in situations like this from time to time, she always had her power with her to get her through it. in this case she doesn't even have her bugs

Jaime01, Nickballas, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  7. Thread Necromancer

Ah I was under the impression you were talking about just the situation at the moment and not the whole part of that. However despite what Taylor thinks at the moment, she isn't exactly the omnipresent as a narrator. That and she may be overestimating the people that are there. After all, Brainiac wasn't exactly the best Ward, and when you see what is basically Parahuman satan, do you focus on their entourage? Granted they may escape in the Merchant Mobile, but if they take down the banner they have up, who will know?

Jaime01, Nickballas and hillo315 like this.
  8. mperalta

mperalta I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't know, you are escalating things pretty fast already and Taylor is basically powerless in a world full of elderich-tier powerhouses that got there basically instantly(Alastor) all of that + a bunch of capes that want to kill her because she literally sacrificed them in the battle against scion?

this is a recipe for a very short very dead fic. it's the reason I said Taylor needs a really big powerup asap otherwise she is completely fucked. since there is no way the overlords haven't heard that the mighty scion killing khepri is in hell and will also be promptly be sending real assassins against her.

9. Edifier

Edifier Trusted within thoughts.

Suuure~. Demon magic spider silk is inferior to normal flimsy spider silk. :V Pfff.

Please people. She isn't in Wilbow's world anymore, she's in Vivziepop's world which comes with its own quirks and physics. Even now she is leagues beyond the common rabble.

10. Thread Necromancer

Those are fair points, however I do have plans on handling this escalation to make it more manageable, that and Taylor is going to be getting a power up in the next couple of chapters.

Though in regards to Khepri, how many of them actually know who Khepri is? Many know that she was leading the charge against Scion, fewer know who she was or even her previous identities. Add onto how Hell kind of transforms people to look different, it wouldn't be a stretch to be able to hide away from all of the attention as long as she manages to both not go out in her Golden Morning costume or similar costume until she is good and ready to deal with this threat, and hide that it was the merchants that were helping her. With the Merchant machine it might be hard but as I stated before, it wouldn't be a stretch to either hide the fact that it is the merchant machine, after all, a bit of silk or something else to cover up the identifiable symbol and suddenly your golden to GTFO, Or they could simply not use the Merchant mobile and just take down the banner at the merchant's place.

Regarding assassins, the only people who really know Khepri's demonic face at the moment are Angel Dust who hates his boss, Squealer, and Skidmark.

It ain't spider silk but then, Taylor is also a unreliable narrator who doesn't actually know the strength of her own silk.

Jaime01, Nickballas, Morphile and 5 others like this.
  11. krahe

krahe Versed in the lewd.

Honestly, one of very few, and really nice for Taytay personally, big pluses is that Jack is not dead and will be slowly agonizing not dead for a few centuries minimum

Jaime01, Nickballas, Morphile and 6 others like this.
  12. Thread Necromancer

A definite bonus for sure. Granted there are still a bunch of other S9 members around that might not like her very much but then not many people like them either, especially if it came out that they were ever a part of the S9.

Jaime01 and hillo315 like this.
  13. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

Seriously Taylor needs to get laid, to relax she been firing on all cylinders since before she got her powers, girl needs to relax for a day at minimum. Sure conflict is nice and this is hell, but she died not really living and she is dead. "No rest for the wicked." indeed. :c

Jaime01, Nickballas, Morphile and 2 others like this.
  14. Greatazuredragon

Greatazuredragon Connoisseur.

The energy she got from the defeated was interesting.
    Wonder what that will end up being.

Jaime01, Morphile, hillo315 and 2 others like this.
  15. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

I'm pretty sure that in the early discussion of this fic, it was decided that taylor, much like alastor, showed up in hell with power comparable to an overlord.

She just needs to figure out how to use it.

16. Thread Necromancer

Part of why I put in the Terminator part was Taylor on some level realises she needs to calm down and kind of wants to just sit and watch a movie. Part of her was trying even to find an excuse to sit down and watch a movie, but she's been in mission mode for so long that she immediately finds a more productive way of researching her enemy and falling back on her workaholic habits. At this point she needs to kind of be forced to take it easy in order to actually take it easy.

I'm kind of iffy about her just having all this power right at the start without a just cause to give it to her, granted she has a large amount of power compared to many people but I'm thinking of possibly having her more just be decently powerful at the moment rather than Alastor levels right off the bat, especially since she can absorb power (aka EXP) what with Hell being basically one giant RPG. She will definitely reach those levels though by the time that Ward is reached.

17. VisV

I'm talking about Alastor's initial powerlevel when he arrived in hell. not what he's got after nearly a century of dealing and casting down old overlords.

18. Thread Necromancer

Right right, that detail about the conversation escaped me.

19. VisV

Yeah, I didn't really expect skitter to show up and be almighty from the get go.

But i think we did discuss that we should show up with an unusual amount of power, that would allow her to make some moves pretty much right out of the gate, combine that with her tendencies and she would reach the silly levels of power really quick...

Once she figures out how to use that initial bunch of power anyway.

20. Thread Necromancer

Yes and after a bit I've already planned a few power ups as well.

As has probably already been noted, Skitter's antennae allow her, with just a bit of attention to detail, to basically understand the magical matrices that form them, then use them. Were her antennae a parahuman power it would be the equivilant of an Altpower taylor with the power of a trump that can figure out how to use any power she sees if she's been exposed enough to it. Granted, when I originally came up with the idea of her antennae they were just a sensory organ that could also sense magic, but considering Taylor intuition as well as her experience with dealing with a multitude of powers during her time as Khepri, what was originally a sensory organ basically became what would be an S ranked Trump power.

Jaime01, Morphile, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  21. VisV

Now another important question... is skitter going to clean out some noble for that sweet, sweet magical lore?

Announce her grand return to villainy, with a proper heist?

She's got the planning chops, and the muscle and manpower with the merchants.

(BTW i hope the merchants will stick around as Taylor's drug kingpins after her rise... they've become weirdly wholesome and endearing..)

Jaime01, Morphile, Winged One and 3 others like this.
  22. Thread Necromancer

Such actions are in the cards. While I had initially planned for Taylor's debut to be fighting against an Overlord, the nobility are such a juicy target that it may become her debut. Some people who are in Hell right now that remember Skitter in her early days are going to see the parallels of what is going on.

Regarding the Merchants, I don't really see them going anywhere. While Taylor talks a big game about leaving and finding alternatives, she's already fought twice along side them and is actually taking an interest in their personal life with lil' Mark unlike she did with the Wards. She's on mission mode but is actively trying to dial it back when she isn't 'on the job' as it were. Add in how the Merchants really kind of want a familiar and hopefully friendly face around I don't think that the Merchants will be the problem, especially since they are very small time right now. There are about maybe five Merchants right now, two being Squealer and Skidmark, and three being mooks. Granted they are looking to expand but his operation they have here is rather new. Skitter joining would be a major power boost and when they finally get that Tank assembled they can even have their mooks be major threats to other small gangs around them. Add in the possibility of recruiting from loyal customers and they are set to start expanding by quite a bit. Soon enough and with enough effort they could be back to their pre-leviathan days in no time, especially if they branch their business out more than just a few drugs and a chop shop.

23. VisV

Alright last questions.

Is Taylor gonna end up as Lil Marks God(Devil?)mother/Auntie?

Because that would be funny.

Also, when Taylor finally gets to the living world...

Will she get some interaction with QA? She was taylor's first and final supporter after all, be nice too see a reunion or at least some closure there, considering that Ward proves that QA still remember's taylor and even takes her form in shard space.

do shards have souls?

come to think of it, aliens exist in the worm-verse because the entities killed a bunch of them... are there aliens in hell/heaven?

Jaime01, gale, Morphile and 4 others like this.
  24. Thread Necromancer

At the moment it looks likely that Taylor'll end up as Lil' Mark's Auntie, or possibly big sister.

regarding the QA and Taylor interaction, that is actually a part of why Taylor will be forced to go all "Mastermind from the shadows" rather than either doing it willingly or possibly going in and giving everyone a "You suck!" speech. While it will happen eventually, with Taylor's new form, to say the least, Broken triggers are almost guaranteed without a serious investigation of Taylor's form, something that's going to be pretty hard to get considering that QA will be connection happy and scare Taylor off the moment she manages to make a connection and nearly fuck it all up. They will eventually reunite, but it will take some time and might actually be part of the end game atleast how I envision it now.

Granted this is all subject to change.

Regarding Aliens? Eh, if they are brought up in Hazbin hotel then I will but otherwise I wouldn't expect Aliens in hell.
    Oh and Shards don't have souls. Not saying that they couldn't get souls, but that would require someone going up to shard space... and doing some things... some magical things... that haven't been done since creation itself.

25. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

Hell being, well hell. I think trying to find an escape using drugs wouldnt work, their demon physiology and constitution both magical and mundane wouldnt let them get high to escape the reality they are in hell. Although it would feel amazing, like a morning cup of coffee. The harder stuff on the other hand is probably magical in some way, its strong and makes you feel amazing but you suffer its side effects even with demon bodies, hence why its likely popular, illusion that your high as shit without being high.

26. Thread Necromancer

Defiantly something akin to that. You would need some serious drugs in order to actually get high when your a demon, otherwise you just notice minor effects if any. Part of the reason that Taylor noticed the weird kind of tinge to the weed that the Merchants are growing is because stuff needed to be added to even effect demonic physiology in this. However I am still not sure to what extent to make drugs not so effective in Hell at the moment, however I do know that it is a thriving industry in Hazbin Hotel's Hell.

At the very least if there are debilitating effects it will mostly be healed because of the demonic healing factor kicking in and returning the body to it's base state, leading to mostly no lasting or ill effects from drugs.

27. VisV

The issue is... Hazbin hell honestly isn't that bad to someone who lived in earth bet's brockton bay for most of their life.

honestly it might feel like home for Taylor and other brocktonites.

Seriously,

gang fights over every other block, massive poverty, drugs and sex workers everywhere, incredible corruption in whatever "Government" exists, and of course superpowered ganglords occasionally having a throwdown and doing massive damage to the infrastructure.

Yep just like good ol Brockton Bay!

28. Thread Necromancer

It's not exactly like good ol Brockton, after all, I'm pretty sure that Brockton didn't have it's own GIANT PENTAGRAM! : D

But seriously, with the amount of chaos going on in Pentagram city right now because of the sheer amount of capes showing up it's more like Brockton when Bakuda was running rampant and the ABB were going crazy. Only unlike Brockton, Pentagram city actually has factions and people in the city that can and will stop the violence and crack down hard and fast on the chaos if it ever touches them... kind of like what's going on now...

So far the vigilante groups have been staying out of Overlord territory, excluding the rather large group of dumbasses that had been planning on going after Charlie and thus pissed of Lucy. Mostly at the suggestion of the older raider *cough cough* I mean vigilante groups in the city. Sure there are dumbasses that come in but they are generally dealt with fairly quickly by security and the Overlords don't even need to life a finger. Here though, this is probably the biggest offensive into an Overlord's territory so far by a large amount of vigilante groups. Granted they are there to try and deal with Parahuman Satan aka Khepri, but they never called ahead, the mooks on the ground don't know that and Valentino certainly doesn't know it. At best he knows that a bunch of schmucks went in and tried to either kill or kidnap one of his favourite whores and best porn star.

Jaime01, Winged One, gale and 6 others like this.
  29. VisV

Yeah but i mean on the whole, hell isn't really much different from Brockton Bay... or detroit on a bad day.

Hell its better in some ways because at least the Drugs and STD's and random shootouts won't kill you when you're in hell!

Jaime01, Morphile, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  30. Thread Necromancer

Pretty much yeah. Kind of funny how, at least in this version of Hell, things aren't really that bad in comparison to real life. Sure it is Hell and sucks for anyone who wasn't living in those big crime infested cities, but it's pretty much a home away from home for anyone who is used to those places. Plus it's even easier to sorta advance in Hell considering that the whole thing is basically a big RPG. Video game nerds and such that can actually make the cut'd be thrilled that they finally get to star in their very own RPG. Sure Hell kinda sucks, but at at least you can't die, drugs are cheap and affordable, and prostitution is legal and promoted.

Jaime01, gale, Morphile and 4 others like this.