1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Skittering Chaos (Worm/Hazbin Hotel)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Thread Necromancer, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ElegiacCrown

ElegiacCrown Neither grandly nor intoxicatingly innocent.

I feel like Krouse being in hell is a given, Noelle's presence or not.

2. Knightfall

Knightfall Nui Harime lover, Cynic, and Archivist

And he's probably pissed off an overlord by now.

3. ElegiacCrown

I mean, it's Krouse, he's probably pissed off two.

4. Doomsought

Doomsought Experienced.

I'm sure at least one of them has some magic for keeping people alive and aware while cut into multiple pieces for just this sort of situation.

5. VisV

VisV Lost in the Dungeons of My Mind.

oh yeah... Emma would be down in hell too, because she wouldn't leave her room when Zion was blowing everything up.

And she wouldn't even have been purged because it happened during gold morning.

Wonder if she's still being catatonic down here or if being sent to hell was a wake up call.

6. ElegiacCrown

A good question. Being dropped into a new environment can do wonders for a persons mental state (or horrors, depending) but she's also very much still "weak" by every conceivable measure.

7. Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer Creator of "mean" and/or "excessive" things

While I don't want to just needlessly add in edgy bullshit for the sake of it, considering some of the people in Hell, and the fact that unless Emma stops being a catatonic mess... well the best outcome for her, a newly minted and naked demon is a quick shiv to the head and then a bit of cannibalism... and there are worse outcomes than that...

Jaime01, Winged One, Morphile and 3 others like this.
  8. ElegiacCrown

Sounds to me like she's up and about then. Are you planning to have her interacting with Taylor at all?

hillo315, Thread Necromancer and VisV like this.
  9. VisV

Yeah, but she would survive that, you can't die in hell except to angel weapons.

she wouldn't be very strong as a demon though, so, assuming she retains her good looks, if she appeared in Pentagram city then she's probably been forced into working for Valentino.

If she didn't appear in pentagram city then who knows.

Kinda want to see that though, See if she realizes how badly she fucked up or not, if she regrets or not you know?

10. Thread Necromancer

He is still around for sure. However she likely won't be relevant unless Taylor comes across her. I haven't properly decided her outcome, though my initial thought of what might have happened to her is rather close to what might of happened to her in canon if Shadow Stalker wasn't there. After all, this is Hell after all.

hillo315, VisV and ElegiacCrown like this.
  11. ElegiacCrown

Taylor accidentally saves Emma (she was after something else and it just sort of happened) so Emma imprints on her instead? Taylor having to deal with a fanatic could be interesting.

Jaime01 and hillo315 like this.
  12. Thread Necromancer

She would fit right in with the Followers of Khepri then. Maybe she could be the official ambassador. Since she was never a cape, she doesn't have to worry about second triggers like demons that were previously capes have to.

13. VisV

Eh, but QA was (a) Best Girl!

Why wouldn't taylor want her back?

But still Emma ending up the go between would be great.

14. Thread Necromancer

It's more that the process would end up causing a broken trigger due to both different and incompatible hardware.

Imagine Shadow Stalker is stalking a FOK (Followers of Khepri) base and she ends up hearing someone that sounds suspiciously like her old best friend there.

hillo315, ElegiacCrown and VisV like this.
  15. VisV

yeh.

so Taylor will have to magic up a solution before she can reunite with the first best girl (first in chronological order, with Lisa obviously being second.)

or just become a titan.

Demon Titan?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  16. ElegiacCrown

Thanks to Hell MagicTM Taylor divides into herself and the Demon Titan that QA controls.

17. Thread Necromancer

As I understand broken triggers are highly undesirable as the shard nearly completely overwrites the base personality with their own while completely transforming the body. Despite winning, Taylor did what she did as a last resort and as far as I can tell, basically realized that she was essentially killing herself. Taylor would not be up to do that again anytime soon.

I have a plan for this that is probably going to reunite the two on a more equal level than they have ever been on before so unless something changes you needn't worry about that.

18. ElegiacCrown

Well now you've made me excited!

19. ToxinTurian

ToxinTurian Needs more giant bugs.

Been busy, haven't really had time for more useful comments. Very happy to see more of this, though, and the future plans are exciting!

It seems odd to me that she would bring up the Khepri powerset here. That was an extremely traumatic event for everyone involved, it was very recent, and she's well aware of how scary people find human-affecting Masters to be. Probably safer to keep that under wraps.

Nope. I didn't check every chapter in the story, but at least from Cell through the end of the story, she frequently referred to him as "Dad" or (to others) "my dad", and never once referred to him as Danny. Also, they did reconcile to some degree after Taylor became a Ward. Here's the last major interaction we see on screen, immediately after Taylor is sworn in as a Ward:
    My dad and I retreated into the aisle. We made eye contact for what felt like the first time in an age.

“Thank you for coming.”

“I wasn’t necessary. You wouldn’t be here if you didn’t have someone else lined up.”

“It matters, dad. More than you know. Thank you.”

“Is this fixable? Us?”

I frowned.

“What?” he asked. He opened the door so we could step out of the committee room and into the hallways of the PRT office.

“I’ve kind of come to hate that word. ‘Fix’,” I said.

“You don’t think-“

“I don’t,” I interrupted him. “We can’t fix ‘us’, society can’t be fixed. It’s impossible.”

He frowned. “I don’t think it is.”

“Things change. Destroy them, rebuild them, you’re just causing change. Can’t we… isn’t it okay if we don’t try to go back to the way things were?”

“You don’t want to be a family?” he asked.

“I do. But… we tried to go back, after the city started to rebuild. It didn’t feel right. It was nice, but we were playing roles, and there was more stuff unsaid than said. Lies, unasked questions. Kind of unhappy at the root of it, you know?”

“I know.”

We found an empty bench and sat down. I could see the Chicago Wards stepping out into the hallway, but they kept their distance. Revel made her way out the door a few seconds later, and started talking to them as a group, at the opposite end of the hall.

“You’re so far away,” he said. “Doing things I can’t even imagine, facing serious danger, even on a more mundane level, the way you’re going to be living at the headquarters. It’s a fourteen hour drive.”

“Can’t we visit, though?” I asked. “Send emails every day, videochat?

“We can. I’ll come see you at the headquarters before I leave for home, see how you’re getting by. Maybe, if you need me to, I can pick up some essentials. Things you wouldn’t want to ask them for, or things they wouldn’t know your preferences on.”

I wondered momentarily if my dad even know what my preferences were, nowadays. I didn’t voice those thoughts. At the same time, I meant what I said as I told him, “That sounds amazing. Yes. Please.”

He smiled, but the expression faltered as he glanced a little to one side. “I think your team wants to talk to you.”

I nodded. “Talk to you in a bit?”

“Tomorrow,” he said.

“Tomorrow,” I replied, standing from the bench. The Wards had turned to face me.

When I approached Revel and Tecton and the others, I cast a glance back. My dad was still sitting on the bench.

It wasn’t perfect, but it was a step forward. It had to count for something.​

Since all subsequent interactions are just mentioned, not shown, it's hard to say just how close they were by Gold Morning, but we do know that Danny visited Taylor in Chicago regularly and they were in frequent communication. Taylor willfully avoided confirming that her dad had been killed by Scion in the opening shots of Gold Morning because she knew (and Lisa knew) that knowing he was dead might have caused her to mentally collapse, and they couldn't afford that in those dire times.​

20. Thread Necromancer

Well crap, I had been hoping to keep him from anything important. At least Wildbow realised how much of a drag on the story he is and basically put him on a bus. I unfortunately have an extreme bias against Danny due to how he is so often used in fanfiction and how he just doesn't seem important at all yet is shoe horned in in many works and even in Worm he just seems to be shoved in.

Despite my bias against him however I'll go back and change it. I will probably be needed to be smacked on this a few times however.

Edit: I've changed Danny to Dad as to better fit her characterization.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  21. ToxinTurian

ToxinTurian Needs more giant bugs.

Don't worry, this doesn't change whether he has to do anything important. For the time being, unless he actually did die and she runs into him in Hell by pure chance, Taylor can tell herself that he definitely survived Gold Morning and is fine and safe, and she won't have to go looking for him until after she either gets summoned or finds a way to view the living world. And after she eventually does find him, wherever he is, he's likely to remain a background character who she mostly interacts with offscreen. After all, it's been well established that he no longer has any say over how she lives her (after)life, and he doesn't have the power or resources to be useful for most of the things a story like this would focus on. And she'll want to keep him safe.

He's a beloved family member who provides just a little more normalcy, connection, and care. His importance to her doesn't have to correlate with importance to the story.

22. kitsunepotter

kitsunepotter I trust you know where the happy button is?

this is the key thing, most people drag him into the limelight because they hate him and think he is useless dead weight that needs to be despised. even though he was legit written to be absentee the dad and adults are useless for the benefit of Taylor not relying on or him killing her groove, also a occasional drama generator. as long as people don't bash him i'm generally happy to have him in the background as an important character that Taylor cares about. if you want to do more with him, fine but please don't bash him the dude has been through the wringer of worst possible parent problems already.

23. Thread Necromancer

I shall endevour, especially with this new information, not to bash Danny. I don't however expect to write much about him however as I get irrationally angry with him all the time and not sure I'll be able to complete anything in a timely fashion if I were to try to write him into anything.

24. Thread Necromancer

Quick question for anyone really. Have I made Taylor too timid and incautious in the story here? I thought I was doing alright in characterization but I'm not sure. I'm trying to get Taylor's characterization at least somewhat right but I'm not quite sure she's lining up with the Golden Morning Taylor.

hillo315 and VisV like this.
  25. Miller At the Wash

Miller At the Wash Experienced.

Incautious is the opposite of cautious just fyi.

Taylor seems to be more or less in character so far, trying to suss out her new situation holding on to her new touchstones, cautiously exploring this new world.

26. shade argost

shade argost Experienced.

One thing to remember is that Danny was actually a rather charismatic man, probably also a good public speaker and a decent number of the old dockworkers are likely in hell too, though he would also be important to Annette as well so maybe he ends up with her before Taylor.

hillo315, VisV and Thread Necromancer like this.
  27. VisV

Nah, it’s perfectly sensible for her to be like this at the moment.

she needs like... a week to get back to her usual eyeball gouging crotch rotting god killing self.

28. VisV

it would be kind of hilarious if they are both down in hell and looking for Taylor, but not finding her because she's using her villain name and, in the early days, actively trying not to be found.

They would only find her after she becomes "Overlord Skitter" and Danny recognizes the name combined with the similar appearance.

gale, Morphile, hillo315 and 3 others like this.
  29. Thread Necromancer

If Danny is even dead. He could be puttering around on either Earth Bet still or managed to get into the Mega city. If he has gotten into the Mega city, which is highly likely since he does live in Brockton Bay. He'd probably be bothered that people are basically trying to erase Taylor's contributions to saving the world, if he even knows that much about what happened.

As a side note, the Undersiders are basically in charge of the Portal to Earth Gimel, why the hell are they so powerless in Gimel if the controlled the portal. I bet the heroes came in and held them at gun point to force them to give up control and probably had the sword of Damocles over their heads which is why Lisa ad the rest of the Undersiders don't do much since any wrong move could provoke the sword to fall and slice them.

Winged One, gale, Morphile and 5 others like this.
  30. ElegiacCrown

I forget if you've mentioned it but do echidna clones have souls?

hillo315 and Thread Necromancer like this.