1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted][Hiatus]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Skitzyfrenic, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

They're just illusions... it would require custom charms to give it corporal status.

kinglugia and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  2. burningclaw2

burningclaw2 Dragon Boi of Justice

Is it wrong to want to see the image of our Liege pimpslaping Leviathan?

3. Lon

Lon Well worn.

[X] Plan Bii

4. Biigoh

Lolz... no... ^_^

1986ctcel, kinglugia and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  5. burningclaw2

Thus we need a Charm to will make this happen if only so we can have the best bragging rights...right before we bitchslap Behemoth.

6. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

Edited in the purchase list from my previous vote into the re-vote (because I was an idiot and forgot).

7. Anasurimbor

Anasurimbor I trust you know where the happy button is?

If anyone is curious how strong the proposed armor is: anything less than heavy rifle rounds will generally bounce off of it barring a very lucky shot. Don't think he's invincible, though. Heavy AP rounds and RPGs will make for a sad prince.

If that's how you do it I don't see too much of a problem. It's the +1 WP per action that's likely to give us The Dead Prince.

8. Biigoh

For those who are wondering about God Cloth of the Grave... here's a little something I posted in Goblin Queen to give comparison for the stats.

Also note that HARDNESS basically says if your damage isn't AT LEAST THIS... you're not going to touch the wearer at all... piercing effects do not apply to hardness.

The stuff below does NOT have Hardness such as the soulsteel armor that I'm proposing we get for The Dark Prince.

Least Devotee likes this.
  9. Skitzyfrenic

Skitzyfrenic Elves are for lewding.

Current Tally, the votes close at noon time tomorrow. Again, formating is a little weird, and some looking around, hopefully its all set.

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 17 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.1.6

[X] Plan Bii
    No. of Votes: 6
    EternitynChaos
    Biigoh
    burningclaw2
    Happerry
    Lon
    Xicree

[X] "Of course. We will speak terms later." We are not asking his permission to speak of terms.
    No. of Votes: 1
    Biigoh Counted in Plan Bii

[X] Costume idea Bii: Looking at the color scheme of your power's lightshow... there is an inherent limitation to what you can wear as a costume. Black and Silver. Well... it's not like Hugo Boss didn't design a REALLY sharp looking uniform with that color scheme... yeah, no... Let's go with a medieval theme, of black ornate armor with silver highlights. Your symbol shall be a disc surrounded by a ring or is that a serpent.
    No. of Votes: 3
    Biofan09
    1986ctcel
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] One two dot Soulsteel Artifact
    -[X] Soulsteel Reinforced Breastplate "God Cloth of the Grave"
    No. of Votes: 2
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Cape Name: The Dark Prince.

[X] Bank
    No. of Votes: 1 Counted in Plan Bii

[X] "Of course. We will speak terms later." We are not asking his permission to speak of terms.
    -[X] "Just one small thing, father. When you call me by my name, it reminds me of who I used to be. I don't like who I used to be. I mean no disrespect, but would you do me the small favor of using my cape name from now on?"
    No. of Votes: 5
    Tsotate
    Biofan09
    dasstan
    evildice
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Cape name if different than the Dark Prince
    - [X] The world isn't yet ready to call me The Dark Prince, except maybe in bed. On the streets, I'll use something slightly less pretentious, slightly more normal-sounding. For now, I'll go by...
    -- [X] Aminon
    No. of Votes: 4
    Tsotate
    1986ctcel
    Biofan09
    SwiftRosenthal

-[X] Soulsteel Artifact Armor
    evildice
    dasstan

[X] Cape name if different thanthe Dark Prince
    - [X] The world isn't yet ready to call me The Dark Prince, except maybe in bed. On the streets, I'll use something slightly less pretentious, slightly more normal-sounding. For now, I'll go by...
    -- [X] Tenebrae
    evildice
    dasstan

[X] Cape symbol, for Hero's its what goes on their products, for someone like Kaiser its their personal gang tag
    --[X] Our caste mark, of course. It's not like we can hide it anyway, once our anima flares.
    Tsotate
    SerbobIV

[X] If I wanted to join the Wards?
    1986ctcel

[X] Cape Symbol: A disc surrounded by a ring or is that a serpent.
    Biigoh

[X] What if I wanted to be a vigilante?
    Anasurimbor

[X] Of course. But we will speak terms later?
    -[X] "I want to start it slow. Have you seen that fear effect? These powers get a lot of mileage out of their "Dark and Creepy" theme. Not to forget the trigger had a lot of influence on my mind with all the Freya and Death Goddess stuff. I need to sort this out, learn what sort of collateral damage I can cause before I make my debut."
    -[X] "You're Kaiser, I'm gonna be the Prince. The Dark Prince, like in my hallucinations, because, honestly, look at me. I also wanna distance myself from old me, give up being the son of Max Anders the distant Medicine Mogul and become Kaiser's son full time. Call me "T", cause I'm sick of being Theo."
    theonebutcher

[X] Purchases:
    -[X] Lore ●●○○○ -> ●●●●○ (-8 XP)
    -[X] Athletics ●●●○○ -> ●●●●○ (-5 XP)
    SwiftRosenthal

Total No. of Voters: 15

10. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] Plan Bii

11. SerbobIV

SerbobIV Not too sore, are you?

[X] Plan Bii

12. Skitzyfrenic

Wow, so I was scratching my head, going 'why would Anasurimbor say that?' I was going to post what spectral actually says and of course its says 'next action' and I misread it the first time. That's like...

I mean I get that pretty much everything you do is supposed to be a 1 die stunt, and 2 die stunts are common so you can get back the WP, but like that seems, super restrictive and painful to play with if you're playing an abyssal who is on an extended campaign or mission a long ways away from a shadowlands/underworld.

So I stand by +1 WP surcharge the first time a spectral keyworded charm is used in the scene.

13. Skitzyfrenic

Vote closed. Final vote tally.

Vote Tally : Theo Anders and the Black Exaltation[Worm/Exalted] | Page 17 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.1.6
    [X] Plan Bii
    No. of Votes: 8
    EternitynChaos
    Biigoh
    burningclaw2
    Happerry
    Least Devotee
    Lon
    SerbobIV
    Xicree

[X] Costume idea Bii: Looking at the color scheme of your power's lightshow... there is an inherent limitation to what you can wear as a costume. Black and Silver. Well... it's not like Hugo Boss didn't design a REALLY sharp looking uniform with that color scheme... yeah, no... Let's go with a medieval theme, of black ornate armor with silver highlights. Your symbol shall be a disc surrounded by a ring or is that a serpent.
    Biofan09
    1986ctcel
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Cape Symbol: A disc surrounded by a ring or is that a serpent.
    1986ctcel

[X] Cape Name: The Dark Prince.
    1986ctcel

-[X] Soulsteel Reinforced Breastplate "God Cloth of the Grave"
    Biofan09
    1986ctcel
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Bank

-[X] "Just one small thing, father. When you call me by my name, it reminds me of who I used to be. I don't like who I used to be. I mean no disrespect, but would you do me the small favor of using my cape name from now on?"
    No. of Votes: 5
    Tsotate
    Biofan09
    dasstan
    evildice
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Cape name if different than the Dark Prince
    -- [X] Aminon
    No. of Votes: 3
    Tsotate
    Biofan09
    SwiftRosenthal

[X] Cape name if different thanthe Dark Prince
    -- [X] Tenebrae
    evildice
    dasstan

-[X] Soulsteel Artifact Armor
    evildice
    dasstan

[X] If I wanted to join the Wards?
    1986ctcel

[X] Cape symbol, for Hero's its what goes on their products, for someone like Kaiser its their personal gang tag
    --[X] Our caste mark, of course. It's not like we can hide it anyway, once our anima flares.
    Tsotate

[X] What if I wanted to be a vigilante?
    Anasurimbor

[X] Of course. But we will speak terms later?
    -[X] "I want to start it slow. Have you seen that fear effect? These powers get a lot of mileage out of their "Dark and Creepy" theme. Not to forget the trigger had a lot of influence on my mind with all the Freya and Death Goddess stuff. I need to sort this out, learn what sort of collateral damage I can cause before I make my debut."
    -[X] "You're Kaiser, I'm gonna be the Prince. The Dark Prince, like in my hallucinations, because, honestly, look at me. I also wanna distance myself from old me, give up being the son of Max Anders the distant Medicine Mogul and become Kaiser's son full time. Call me "T", cause I'm sick of being Theo."
    theonebutcher

[X] Purchases:
    -[X] Lore ●●○○○ -> ●●●●○ (-8 XP)
    -[X] Athletics ●●●○○ -> ●●●●○ (-5 XP)
    Biofan09
    SwiftRosenthal

Total No. of Voters: 16

=====
    Spent my morning arguing with some rando SJW on my cousin's FB about the validity of calling someone a 'thug.' I'm a little salty, because they race baited me at least four times.

So after my little venting session (That I deleted because I just needed to write down my venting) I bring the fruits of the labor of proving to an SJW how wrong they were(Gotta love internet debates :p). (At no time did I imply or state that a persons skin color is what determines their thuggery, outside of why the modern version of the word 'thug' might carry racial context (I was not the one to point it out, the SJW did).)

Tupac Shakur coined the term thug life, and popularized the use of the word 'thug' to mean something other than a petty violent criminal. It means, according to Tupac, 'a person who struggles, who has struggled, and has nothing to show for it.'

The more you know.

=====

It looks like we are banking our XP. TDP is demanding that he dictates the terms of his joining the Empire (There will be a vote when this conversation actually happens, which will be in a few in game days) The sub-vote of telling Max to call 'Theo' the Dark Prince has quite a bit support, something similar might crop up. The Dark Prince shall be your cape name, your costume shall be a medieval theme, and your heraldry shall be a serpent devouring itself in a ring around a dot (that is ostensibly to represent the World Snake (Who does consume itself) and how it encircles the world as it falls to Oblivion). The Lover Clad in Tears provided you with an artifact soulsteel reinforced breastplate known as 'the God Cloth of the Grave' and with an appropriate death mask that accounts for your caste mark and vampire teeth (that you haven't used yet, and have no real idea that they exist).

If nothing explodes, there should be a snip tonight. And our Ally shall be revealed.

14. Princess Magnificent

Princess Magnificent WIth Lips of Coral And Robes of Black Feathers

I just want to say I'm very disappointed in all of you for choosing the wrong Deathlord.

Thread watched.

15. Biigoh

Auuuuuu.... does he know you are on the interwebs? The falafel?

16. Threadmarks: 08- Dumbstruck
    Skitzyfrenic

"Of course, I will take my proper place. But we will discuss the terms later."

For a moment you wonder if you made a mistake (again) based of the blank faces of Max Anders and Aaron Oelschlager. Then a smile breaks out on Aaron's face and there is a slight proud gling in your father's eye. Aaron smacks Max on the shoulder. Then he offers you a hand. You take it, slightly confused.

"I knew you had it in you, Theo."

You frown slightly.

"I'd like it if you refered to me by my cape name, The Dark Prince, whenever plausible."

Aaron blinks at you.

"When I am called 'Theo' it reminds me of who I used to be. I don't like Theo. But I would insist on this."

"Very well then, Dark Prince," your father cuts in, "We will comply with your wishes in this."

The moment following the exchange is a bit awkward.

"So," Aaron breaks the silence, "What's with the light show?"

You look down and inspect your robes, and a glance to one of the orbs. You answer is a simple shrug. You know it's tied to using your hot blood pool of power. The ice bucket deep inside doesn't cause anymore light.

"When will the light show end? Theo," he winces, likely remembering your request but he plows on, "can you make it go away?"

======

Wednesday,December 22nd, 2010

After a minute you decide its stupid to carry the breastplate like it was a small child. You were either going to wear it to carry it or use it to cover yourself.

Eh, fuck it, you know where the twins are so unless someone appeared this early in the morning, you should be safe. You take a minute and put on the currently heavy 'God Cloth of the Grave.' The Lover had told you its name (It sounded pretty awesome) and explained that by handling it, and by committing a fraction of your power, you could unlock the artifact's innate power. It would become lighter, you would benefit from the fact it was made from Soulsteel, and... she had smiled enigmatically at the point then assured you that it would be a pleasant surprise.

You didn't expect the mask. It was a simple thing, but designed with the armor's own look in mind. It looked like a 'death mask,' like it had been formed around the face of a dead man. The mask certainly had the look of someone in the comforting, peaceful arms of death. Another bonus was that it was cut, from the corners of the mouth with a slight flare as it reached the bottom of the mask, in such away that it wouldn't actively impede eating, drinking, or speaking, instead of being a full 'death mask.'

The perfectly formed closed black glass was a bit worrying, you would have to double check it wouldn't impede your sight.
    Eventually you make it to your room, divest yourself of your gifts, and go about finding something of an acceptable outfit until you met Old Johann.

=====

A while later you and your father are out the door and in the car. On the way to the tailor's shop, you stop at a upscale cafe. Given that it's a little bit away from the regular market area of the city, where a majority of people are due to the approaching holiday, it's sparsely populated.

There is a rather cute blonde girl sitting alone at one of the tables. She has green eyes, a delightful smattering of freckles across her nose, and is sensibly dressed in weather appropriate yet still stylish clothes. And she's staring at you with wide surprised eyes, though a moment later it morphs into a small smile and she gives you a wave.

You are very glad your long heavy coat is covering up your absolutely atrocious choice of clothing. You return the wave, and receive a clap on the shoulder from your father, that he segues into herding you to the counter to answer.

You and Max make small talk for little while, munching at your light breakfasts. About the party tonight, the cut of the suit you are about to get, replacing your clothes, the weather, the recent arrest of a mass-killing shooter in the South, and jokes about those douchebags, the Stansfields.

Perhaps the only thing that you and Max have always been in complete agreement over.

You are interrupted by the cute blonde girl.

"Hey," she says as she stops next to your and centering her attention and body on you, "I have to go shopping, but before I left, I wanted to give you this."

Her nails are seasonal, and it just furthers your descriptor of 'cute.' Its downright adorable. But she's holding the note slightly open towards you. A drop of the ice bucket flows into your being, and suddenly you know she wants you to read it now.

You stand politely, and give her a warm smile. As you take the note, you take her hand in yours and offer a light kiss to the back of her hand.

"A sign of your favor? I would be remiss if I didn't accept such a generous gift."

She giggles appropriately, at the words and the hand kissing, you aren't sure if she means it, or she's playing a part. The slight blush on her cheeks would paint the picture that it might be a bit of both.

"I'm Theo," you introduce yourself as you spread the note open wide enough to read what in it out of the corner of your eye. She has skillfully placed herself in such a manner as to obscure the action from your father.

It has a name, phone number (that is marked secure! And listed as a burner), an e mail address (also marked secure), and an actual message:

'I THINK we can help one another. Call me. -Lisa'

Just who is this girl? A Thinker maybe, given her emphasis of the word 'think.' Or a trained agent of some sort, though she appears to be your age. She could prove to be an incredibly valuable asset.

"Lisa. Call me? Okay, Handsome?"

You nod in response and give her another smile.

With a wink, a rather smug grin, and a swirl she's gone and you stuff the note in your coat pocket and sit back down. There is clear amusement in your father's eyes.

"My son," he wipes away an imaginary tear, "has received his very first phone number. No father is as proud as I am in this moment."

You give him a cool glare in response.

When TDP contacts Lisa:
    [] Shoot her a quick email from your smartphone to open a dialogue

[] An email can be sent later

[] Call her right now and ask if she has a dress This will preclude you from asking someone else to go with you.

[] Call her before the party

[] Call her in a few days(Though maybe send an email or text to let her know that you are interested, wouldn't want the contact to evaporate), its the holidays

[] Write in

When you get to Old Johann's shop your are struck dumb, as is your father. Old Johann, who is indeed a very old man being born right before the days the Third Reich in Germany and frequently used the fact that he was old to get away with saying blatantly racist things, had hired a helper.

Who was not only (a rather attractive) female, but obviously Arabic. And visibly a bit irritated about whatever she and Old Johann were talking about as you entered the shop. But your entrance doesn't stop Old Johann as she gives a customer service smile and attempts to greet you.

"See young Theo here! You should marry someone like him, Sabah! A proper upstanding white gentleman! Not some sand nigger trash. A good Arab girl like you deserves better. Marry up, girl, up!"

The spluttering that comes from everyone in the room but Old Johann is rather loud.

======

XP gained: 4xp

Ally revealed: the currently enigmatic Lisa

[] Bank XP

[] Purchase:
    -[] Write in

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  17. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

"God Cloth of the Grave"

Sooooooo are we going to spontaneously pull off the Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken in a fight now? :p

18. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

There's something about Nazi quest that causes me to think of eugenics plans.
    I think Johann helped my latest round of thoughts, definitely amusing and wonderfully old-timey racist.

[X] Shoot her a quick email from your smartphone to open a dialogue

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  19. burningclaw2

So when will we performing The Dark Prince's first crime?

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  20. SwiftRosenthal

Our Larceny and Stealth are shit right now, so it'll probably have to be murder or brainwashing UMI. In any case, the best crimes are the ones that nobody else knows happened.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  21. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  22. Biigoh

When TDP contacts Lisa:

XP Spending
    [X] Purchases
    -[X] Spend 4 XP to get Stamina 2

Tattletale and Parian...

Fuhuhuhuhuhuhu... 1 dot of ally. :3

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    kinglugia, 1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  23. Biigoh

I used the picture of HADES' God Cloth... :3

24. Kerfirou

Kerfirou Cultivating Dantian inside a Star

I'm pretty sure Lisa is white, so we should entice her to join the Empire.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  25. Marthis

The empire only needs to tone the racism down a little to be a merely uncomfortable gang to have around.
    She could probably be convinced, seeing as she'll pick up our plans and she contacted us anyway.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  26. burningclaw2

[jk] Shoot her.

I vote we pull a Lung.

AZATHOTHoth and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  27. SwiftRosenthal

Lisa's problem right now is that she's already been claimed for at least 6 months. Investigation would be extremely useful for solving that... but we're shit at it.

Seconded... for Sabah.

"I am a prince. We will now be interpreting 'Caucasian' less strictly than before."

28. Marthis

"The Arabs have always been a civilized and refined people. Obviously inferior to the Aryan race, but not vermin.
    They are infinitely better than those of darker complexion, and are worth salvaging from the 'misfortune' of their births."

MHLord, SerbobIV and Skitzyfrenic like this.
  29. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Skitzyfrenic likes this.
  30. Tsotate

Tsotate Getting sticky.

This is not our actual name, and thus OK, correct?

1986ctcel and Skitzyfrenic like this.