1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. inverted_helix

inverted_helix Connoisseur.

Most Ninja aren't even A rank though. Academy students shouldn't really be training towards that level of ninja since they're screwed if they get in range anyway. It should be quite effective against typical genin and chuunin, and by the time someone is seriously fighting A and S rank ninja they should have their own super gimmick.

Enough explosive tags has taken down an S-rank ninja before though. Namely Hidan.

2. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

I mean.

'Enough' Explosive tags, sure. If you can quantify that. But if you don't have quite enough then you're left high and dry, and have a situation more like Konan v Tobi instead.

It should also be pointed out that... they didn't actually kill Hidan. And that Hidan pretty much only had his S rank on the basis of being literally immortal. Shika just blew him apart and buried the pieces, but he was still alive at that point if I'm recalling right.

Basically, you can probably blow away D-rank ninja like that, but that's what, typical Genin level? You could blow them away by throwing a rock in some cases. C and B rank chunin are probably going to reflex stab you or throw kunai and shuriken to hit you mid replacement if you use them as a target, which is why it doesn't really happen. When you hit that level you can kind of feel the chakra of someone trying to pull that bullshit and the direction it's coming from, so you know where to throw your pointies. Replacement is one of those techniques where it's hard to complete when stuff starts puncturing you unexpectedly in the middle.

All in all you're overthinking it, it worked this time for humor and because like I said, the instructors don't like to kill their students if they don't really, really have it coming and they can seriously justify themselves to the Hokage.

Shaper47, Lement, Dragoon45 and 10 others like this.
  3. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Also, in all fairness the way that Mio is performing this is theoretically different than normal somehow, so perhaps harder to resist? *shrug* It's also not a normal situation anyways, so perhaps this will raise better awareness of security (and maybe get Mizuki caught early? :V)

*quietly mourns for Konan v. Tobi* In any case, it's sensical for the sake of nonsensicality regardless.

4. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] "Everything I did was in the pursuit of disengaging from the conflict. The conflict in which I never threw a single punch."
    -[X] "Still, I can understand that Hinata was feeling upset, so I forgive her."

5. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] "Everything I did was in the pursuit of disengaging from the conflict. The conflict in which I never threw a single punch."
    -[X] "Also, seriously, the faculty's made up of chunin, right ? And they kept getting their asses kicked by a student who isn't even a genin yet ? Weak."

We are such a shit and it's amazing

1986ctcel likes this.
  6. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

We can probably make a version of that that makes them think that the "tug" is coming from somewhere else. Putting this thing into a arms race should be !!FUN!!.

7. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

-[x] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."
    --[x] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

Ψυχή likes this.
  8. Firedon

Firedon Experienced.

9. Smyter

Smyter Versed in the lewd.

[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion

10. cl20

cl20 I trust you know where the happy button is?

11. ChandraMagic

ChandraMagic Just a Bit Ditzy Moderator

12. Ephemeral_Dreamer

Ephemeral_Dreamer Not too sore, are you?

13. angelofwhim

angelofwhim Experienced.

-[x] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."

Ψυχή likes this.
  14. fastrike

fastrike Getting sticky.

Ψυχή likes this.
  15. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

-[X] "...that said? She was trying to stop me for my own health, and for that I am grateful and sorry."
    --[X] Keel over from chakra exhaustion.

I feel like I should point out - this is a ninja academy. The fact we never threw a punch is, if anything, a mark against us.

1986ctcel and Ψυχή like this.
  16. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

The thing that really gets to me is this:

Grateful? She deliberately attempted to sabotage our training. Even if she thought it was killing us, it was none of her business. And attacking us was a completely inappropriate way to go about getting us to stop. She should have told an instructor.

Sorry? We did nothing wrong (to her). Our training is our business. She should be the one apologizing to us.

Dragoon45, Ferian, mc2rpg and 3 others like this.
  17. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

We're being asked if we have anything to say in our defense.
    "I, MIO, am totally innocent in this affair! I was only dodging in the one viable method."

18. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

If your training isn't killing you, it's not Uchiha Training.

19. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

20. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

If we die, however, that prevents us from being able to keep training. Even worse, if we die, then it prevents us from being able to try and screw over the Uchiha elders more.

Therefore, it's worth a little consideration toward those who would seek to lengthen our lifespan.

.......even if Hinata no longer falls under that category.

21. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

Or worse fucking up and crippling ourselves/our potential due to deciding to do some shitty "Extreeeeeeme training" which would leave us alive but as an object lesson in "how not to power level even/especially if you're a prodigy" as well as a potential laughing stock.

EvaUnit01, Ψυχή and Winged One like this.
  22. inverted_helix

That doesn't actually seem possible in the Naruto setting.

DarkLight140 and Sirrocco like this.
  23. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Well, "You keep opening more gates than you should." sort-of qualifies. Similarly, pushing the Mangekyo Sharingan too far will make you blind. That's not usually training so much as powers, but still. It at least suggests that it *might* be possible.

1986ctcel, Candesce and Ψυχή like this.
  24. inverted_helix

We see some really really stupid shit in the name of training though, and no one ever suffers from it.

Even the Mangekyo that weakness is circumvented by everyone that matters.

25. theqwopingone

We did tell her to make us stop.

Ferian, 1986ctcel, Candesce and 2 others like this.
  26. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Two words: Character development.

I don't expect to change your mind or anything — and the apology is admittedly a bit out there and something I'd've changed if the QM didn't already intend to work around it — but I'd like to try extending Mio further beyond the base rather than reiterating the standard, much as she came around to seeing Ami and co. as some form of friends only in this case prompting it a bit more with the vote and trusting our QM to do it justice.

As to specific comments: Hinata may have interrupted us, but we still discovered something of fair value in exchange with the Shunshin — and now halted, perhaps a cool head might better move us forward towards what we were trying to reach in Gai's illusions. If nothing else, just because we're saying "we're grateful" doesn't mean we're elaborating on why we are, so letting Hinata draw her own conclusions as we pass out doesn't outright defy the norm too much if it must be that way rather than "keeping us from killing ourselves".

And while attacking us was inappropriate to the Academy standards (cause we totally have cared about those a ton), it's something that beyond the interruption of practice and the mental condition at present I feel like Mio would appreciate to some degree, being in line with her interactions with Ami & co. as well as Naruto and Saki.

...also "she should apologize to us" is pretty petty — more than I think Mio would be in the circumstances rather than being magnanimous about it. That (and the rest) is just my opinion of course, so... *shrug*
    Heh, you can't argue with the facts CX
    The implication (that I gathered, at least) is that most teachers / parents step in before shit can go too far as much as possible — like how Tsunade immediately said "stop using Wind Release: Rasenshuriken unless you work out a way to use it that doesn't make you unable to use chakra" (which Naruto complies with and figures it out) — which isn't something Mio necessarily gets as much under the present circumstances if they notice, which with our current training is very difficult.

Gai wasn't wrong for hesitating to pass on Jōnin tips to the Academy students, and that Mio got Saki to glean extra information that led us to our present practice is in of itself something that would normally have been stopped already had someone been caring about our condition more specifically. That the outward signs don't differentiate as much from our usual behavior (including the occasion where we dealt with the Elder bs) doesn't help a teacher catch on either.

As for Mangekyō Sharingan: Obito has hacks from Madara, Kakashi had lots of limits to his in the first place that were plenty of trouble as a non-Uchiha & transplant, and the solution to the problem of Mangekyō beyond hacks (Eternal) means taking a pair (of Mangekyō) from your sibling which under average circumstances isn't great — and technically Itachi did suffer a ton from his before death.

1986ctcel and The Nobody like this.
  27. theqwopingone

Personally i want to see is we can get control levels so high that we can make a jutsu that can emulate a chakra network, and then cast itself using that network. Which would basically turn us into a tailed beast, because of how they are basically something like what i was talking about that uses the world as a powersource. Though we would want to find a way to hold parts of it/us in storage so that we didn't need to constantly keep it running to not die. Which would mean that we would need to find ways to both keep a jutsu in storage, sealing, and a way to make a body, healing.

28. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Normally I would have considered Itachi do be someone who mattered, but YMMV.

1986ctcel and Ψυχή like this.
  29. Berserkslash

Berserkslash Happiest. Fucking. Lizard.

Meh, if he wanted to, Itachi could have taken Sasukes eyes at any time. He just had this pesky familial/brother love thing getting in the way.

30. Splodge

Splodge Not too sore, are you?

Guy seems to care, at least a bit. And going by this:

He basically encouraged the whole Saki thing.