1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you take me out to dinner. You're paying."

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Candesce likes this.
  2. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you take me out to dinner. You're paying."

Linarka likes this.
  3. Linarka

Linarka I trust you know where the happy button is?

4. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you're buying me dinner."

How about we don't make it sound like she's expressing romantic interest?

5. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

Commenting on his "Obvious Ploy" doesn't really make sense. In our earlier meeting with him he never made any offers that would indicate he wanted something from us and this current meeting only entails us running into him. Nothing has yet been said and any offers for cooperation would be coming entirely from our protagonist.

Briareus the Gardener likes this.
  6. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you're buying me dinner."

7. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

I believe that, from all of Kabuto's skills and tricks, the one that Mio will value the most right now would be the ability to not kill all the children.

Candesce, Koled, GiftofLove and 4 others like this.
  8. angelofwhim

angelofwhim Experienced.

[x] Mouth "Help me"

Is that intestinal virus infectious? Wash ASAP

9. HypoSoc

Right. And that's the obvious ploy.

He established the perfect set up for a trade, gave his background and motivations (unasked for, I may add), and specifically established his qualifications.

Then he blue-balled us by not following through, well aware of the fact that we were likely to run into him again.

The whole exchange is set up so that we would be the ones to ask him, to make it seem like it was our idea, when in reality he planted it in our heads.

Remember, Kabuto is a master manipulator. This whole exchange reeks of manipulation.

Winged One likes this.
  10. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

Dear god people why would you want to learn medical jutsu. It is clearly a path to irrelevancy and mediocrity! Look at this poor bastard, desperate to learn from a child in the academy!

[X] "Fine I will teach you something cool, but you will owe me a favor."

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  11. Irked

Irked Experienced.

getting some basic medic training will probably help us develop more external coils, which is a pretty big game changer, people are only born with so many and they grow with time but we can add quite a few more externally to boost our total capacity and regen.

This is the sort of thing that heralds the beginning of S class, Sharingan and our ridiculously low cost short range shunshin is just icing on the cake.

Gai must be ten times the teacher Kakashi is, he showed us a cool technique, gave us a hint on how to do it and we ended up with extra chakra coils and a Shunshin that lets us dominate melee when we get the hang of it.

by the way Chibi-Reaper do any of the Hyuga's freak out when Mio walks by or they spot her whilst Byakugan is on? having chakra coils outside your body must look pretty freakish to them.

Edit:

Eh i figure Mio would like at least some basic knowledge about it so she can fiddle more with her external coils.

12. HypoSoc

Exhibit A: Kabuto

Exhibit B: Tsunade

There are SOOO many cool things to do with medical jutsu, especially when you are an unrepentant sadist willing to turn your knowledge on your opponent. It is an insanely abusable field.

Plus, if we ever get to super regeneration, we could just spam Izanagi all day. No going blind for us!

13. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

That's only if you follow Tsunade's rules, though.

14. Ct613hulu

Ct613hulu Experienced.

A Uchiha with an activated and powerful Sharingan showing signs of becoming a Medic would also likely infuriate the traditional Uchiha. I suspect that this is something Mio would greatly enjoy.

15. Irked

Irked Experienced.

As an aside medic training may eventually lead to us doing something with our mothers eyes down the line, even if it's only replacing our own after something fucked them up.

Edit: for a bit of crackish hilarity we could end up swapping eyes with Hinata.

16. Briareus the Gardener

Briareus the Gardener I trust you know where the happy button is?

[x] Mouth "Help me"

Better underestimated for now, and this is very Mio. We can play the bombastic kid with a lonely heart better than we can play some sort of world-wise-but-easily-manipulable wunderkind. The former seems less likely to end with us on Kabuto's operating table within the next week, at least.

17. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

...because this is MIO!

I really just can't see her admitting weakness like that. Also, maybe this is Kabuto's type?

By the time he was picked up by Orochimaru, he'd hit the "n-tuple agent so many times I don't even know which side I'm on" phase. We might be able to swap him around again.

18. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Wait. Is he lying, or is this an AU factor? Or maybe Danzo had him adopted by one of the lead surgeons as a cover?

19. HypoSoc

It's the backstory Orochimaru gave to him and the one he used in canon for the chuunin exams.

Ψυχή, Xicree and Vox De Harlequin like this.
  20. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

I think this is canon

21. prandom

prandom Definitely Trustworthy

22. EvaUnit01

EvaUnit01 The man who stands at the top of AAWWEESSOOOMEEE

[x] Mouth "Help me"

23. mc2rpg

Yes! Exhibit A is that kid that is so desperate to learn something useful that he is begging a random child for help. Do you really think that is helping your argument?

24. HypoSoc

Have you not seen canon? Kabuto is insane.

His fight in the Tsunade retrieval arc is one of my favorites in the whole series.

Ψυχή and Xicree like this.
  25. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

The biggest problem with associating with Kabuto is that he works for Orochimaru; he who would love to get his hands on a set of Sharingan. And Mio's persona-non-Grata among status among the Uchiha makes her a tempting target.

tenchifew and Winged One like this.
  26. Sirrocco

Yeah... but he wants the eyes in the associated body, and he wasn't being all that motivated about it at this point in the timeline. After all, at this point in the timeline, there were multiple genin teams with sharingan-users in them out and running around outside the city walls. If he'd *really* wanted to grab one, he could have done so. I don't think Kabuto's likely to blow his cover to try to extract us now.

27. mc2rpg

That's nice. All Mio knows is that he is a failure that has to beg children for help, and that if she knows too much medical jutsu that will be her future.

28. Sirrocco

So you don't learn *too much*. Too easy! Just learn a bit - enough to piss off the elders, but not enough to get labeled a medic - and then don't admit that we know them to anyoen who might come to unfortunate conclusions.

Alo, from an OOC perspective, IIRC, our best current plan for surviving the massacre is to use an unscrolled summon to drag ourselves to another plane of existence for an unknown duration. It might be nice to be able to patch ourselves up while there, yah?

29. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Also, not at the front of her mind, but she knows full well that her mom died because the Uchiha clan doesn't trust many medics near the secrets of their eyes and the ones they do aren't generally the best medic-nin. So when she caught sick and the family doc couldn't fix it, she just stayed at home and died instead of going to the hospital.

Which Mio can understand in a way, having now been here on detention, forced to be an aide, but she probably wouldn't have died if she went to see a really good medic.

Claaaaan Priiiiiiide...

30. theqwopingone

theqwopingone Journeyman rationalist wannabe. Gone for Good

Just putting this out there: I had some ideas about using our "externals" as a way to harvist power from other things, like waterfalls or the jetstream. Another idea about using them as pistons/springs to help us move faster with less energy loss. Like kangaroos and trap jaw ants
    We should really be looking into better things to give him, like traps and whatnot, because of how he is meant to be limited in how he can fight.
    He can have them once we swap out.