1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Twisted Pinwheel

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Chibi-Reaper, Jul 12, 2015.

1. GiftofLove

GiftofLove A Gift From The Heart

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you take me out to dinner. You're paying."

I am entertained.

2. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you take me out to dinner. You're paying."

3. CrossyCross

CrossyCross LADY OF LOVE

4. SCO

SCO Getting sticky.

[x] Mouth "Help me"

5. Koled

Koled Versed in the lewd.

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you're buying me dinner."

6. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Jokes on you, Kabuto: Chūnin Exams do happen in Wartime! CX

*points to Exhibit A: Kakashi became a Chūnin while the Third World Shinobi War was raging*
    *points to Exhibits B & C: Rin & Obito did the same sometime next year, probably at different Exams*

Anyways 'Yakushi' is definitely with Orochimaru at this point, but considering all the factors?

[X] Huff in annoyance at his obvious ploy. "Fine, you bastard. Don't you dare think I don't know what your game is, but I'm biting. On my own terms. I give you some badass combat ninjustu and you teach me medical stuff. AND you're buying me dinner."

I'll take that bet; let's see where this path takes us...

7. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

8. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I think should we go pretending that we are a passive-aggressive precocious ingenue with a Crush.

To disguise our motivation of recruiting Kabuto as our agent/pawn.

We have nothing to earn his loyalty or protection, but if he think's that he has us under control, then we can turn him.

Sirrocco likes this.
  9. Bobs Beard

Bobs Beard Over-analyzes things - sometimes this works out

Preventing the children from dying to your bite-back is part of a properly honed ability to not kill children!

Ergo, medical jutsu!

10. The Nobody

The Nobody Why does this line say strange things? Gone for Good

[X] Mouth "Help me"

Snake/Eater likes this.
  11. Mark Rubio

Mark Rubio Getting sticky.

[X] Enough is enough. Its time to unionize.

12. Valette-Serafina

Valette-Serafina Shameless Shadow

Wasn't that a battlefield promotion?

Snake/Eater and Winged One like this.
  13. Koled

There was that whole obito flashback chapter that I mostly take as a delusion bc of how it contradicts previous canon but it seems obito and co went througth a chunin exam, along with konoha ninjas younger that them somehow.

14. ZurigaSungama

ZurigaSungama Signal from Sadatoni

[x] Mouth "Help me"

15. Valette-Serafina

I'd assume an Examination, rather than a full exam.
    Also, I'd wonder how the hell Obito passed.

But, well, Late Naruto canon...

16. Koled

Well we are in a war and need the warm bodies seems like a good enough reason to me! Ah the glorious days then Danzo-sensei was an active shinobi instead of a warm and cuddly ethics teacher.

Biigoh likes this.
  17. Candesce

Candesce Experienced.

Aside from the fact that Kabuto probably is trying to manipulate Mio here, Mio simply assuming Kabuto is trying to manipulate her without evidence and acting accordingly is both in-character and hilarious, so I'm all for it.

18. Valette-Serafina

That's a reason to put him on the front lines as a Genin. Chunin are supposed to be capable of leading a team.

19. Vox De Harlequin

Vox De Harlequin Self-Taught Black Magic Initiate

Capable != Competent

20. SCO

SCO Getting sticky.

But what 'badass combat jutsu' are you going to give? I suppose you can 'teach' the body flicker but he'd rightly say it's not a combat jutsu. Mio doesn't even know the great fireball. Do you really want to give the secrets of creating artificial coils to Kabuto of all people?

21. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Really? We're Uchiha, and our personal weirdness is that it's extra-hard for us to turn the sharingan *off*. Scrounging up a few badass combat jutsu can't be *that* hard, can it?

22. Xicree

Xicree Destroy and Rejoice!

For the longest time Miho was ANTI-learning anything at all that would be 'Exemplary of a Typical Uchiha'... that is to say useful Jutsus are a bit on the low end of 'ok I saw it and memorized the motions... but fuck if I care what the chakra behind that is doing'.

23. Sirrocco

Sirrocco Tiny but ambitious squid

Oh, I was meaning more that she's just go out and learn a few, like, tonight. Can't be that hard, right?

Yes, OOC I realize that this is a terrible plan... but it's a very MIO plan.

24. Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

Technically, Mio at the very least has the Shunshin, which isn't something Genin are expected to know.

Lement, Candesce, Ψυχή and 2 others like this.
  25. Ψυχή

Ψυχή A flap of my wings....!

Technically Obito didn't in the first one I referenced — specifically he lost to Guy early on in the "Third Test", only for Kakashi to beat Guy in the finals and became a Chūnin; Obito and Rin each reach Chūnin later.

It was a full Exam considering we see combat in the Forest of Death between Konoha Genin (as opposed to peacetime where other nations would be invited) as well as the effective tournament taking place where the "prelim fights" did with Naruto's group, but considering that whole flashback chapter was a big point of canon dissonance in a lot of places *cough* Anko/Hayate participating at the age of 3 *cough* I can't fault folks for not keeping it straight, though "battlefield promotion" was never a canon statement IIRC so I don't know what to tell you there...

Koled and Valette-Serafina like this.
  26. SpeckofStardust

SpeckofStardust Know what you're doing yet?

going from how Kabuto's problem is stated it isn't not knowing combat Jutsu but not knowing how to 'fight' aka sparing lessons to show him his weakness in fighting form which we can help with using the sharrgain to point them out to him.

Koled likes this.
  27. Grinningmadhatter1

Grinningmadhatter1 #OrcPrivilege

Teach Kabuto some fire jutsu Maybe? Remember kids, we learn a hell of a lot faster than Kabul should be able to.

28. Threadmarks: Interrupted Bathtime
    Chibi-Reaper

Chibi-Reaper D-Donations plz?

You aren't as reflexively on the ball as normal, but it only takes you a couple of moments of wishing you were dead to hit the proper bombatic beat again.

"Don't think that I don't know what you're up to! I'm on to you..." you say, pointing your finger accusingly.

"Oh?" Kabuto replies, placidly.

"You can't fool me." you huff.

"Of course, of course. You've completely figured me out." Kabuto says, agreeably starting to pat your head.

He moves it away again though, not actually wanting to touch the remaining mess, and instead casually shrugs at a passing nurse, who titters a little bit at the byplay.

"Th-that's right!" you say, not liking the way you're being treated as a child. "But I'll bite anyway. You want my help, and I'll get your help."

"If you're having trouble with something, I'd be happy to lend a hand...?" Kabuto says, in an affected air of bafflement so patently false it makes your teeth hurt slightly. You can't imagine why people are buying into his nice-guy schtick.

"And you're buying me dinner." you quickly add on to the deal.

"Uh... Hold on, that's a little..." Kabuto says, starting to look uncomfortable with the way this conversation is going.

"It's a deal, no backsies!" you declare, in a confident manner. "We'll eat at Yakiniku Q. Meet me there once I've made myself presentable."

"Now you're going a little far..." Kabuto starts to object.

"If you say no, I'll burn down your house." you threaten, voice pitched in a low whisper that doesn't carry any further than his ears.

Kabuto stares and slowly swallows. There's probably something in your face, or the rapid and glinting spin of your red eyes that suggests to him that you'll go through with it.

There's a little bit more of a bounce to your step as you leave to go get cleaned up.

It's not unexpected, so you aren't surprised when someone starts beating on your door in the middle of your bath. Obviously, the old farts have their own plans for things to do with your...

You make a disgusted face as you edit your thoughts.

They have a breeding agenda, you mean, and have their own plans for your romantic future. All they can agree on is that you should keep it in the clan, though. So, since you're being spied on by brown-nosing suck-ups, the old men are quickly getting informed that someone is completely willingly and of their own volition buying you dinner, with hardly any coercion or death threats at all.

You towel dry as one or another of the crotchety old men beats at your door with a cane.

---

[ ] Put on clothes. Answer door. Kick old man. Fite me. You can take him, you bet. Maybe whoever he has with him, too.
    [ ] Go out the bathroom window, using false coils and shunshin. A glorious golden streak across the rooftops.

29. Snake/Eater

Snake/Eater Myth Maker of the North

I guess this is how Tp!Kabuto's start of darkness happens, it was to get away from the Mighty Mao,

Azerick, mc2rpg and CrossyCross like this.
  30. SpaceJelly

SpaceJelly What was I doing again...?

[X] Go out the bathroom window, using false coils and shunshin. A glorious golden streak across the rooftops.

Overly dramatic exit? Yes.