1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

You are your Avatar

Discussion in 'General' started by Nekraa, May 21, 2014.

1. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

Scenario 1: I have a gun arm. This...might be difficult to explain. And also maintenance on the arm and leg is going to be a bitch.

Scenario 2: If it's at the exact moment I cropped my avatar from, she's currently surrounded by villains, one of which is an asshole. I'm probably going to be panicking, and things aren't going to turn out too well for me. Actually, eh, they'd probably just take it in stride and walk away disappointed; they did just poke a psychopath in her psychosis, after all.

In a more general sense, if I get dropped into her body, I am not picking up her lifestyle. I'm not exactly sure what I would do, though. Tempted to just drop by the main character's house to see the reaction.

2. Speckled Burd

Speckled Burd Studious Elf

3. Introspective Tinkerer

Introspective Tinkerer Searching for their Answer

Scenario 1: *Mercenaries intensifies*

Scenario 2: *Answer Intensifies*

4. Itaywex

Itaywex Hentai tenshi

So I'm suddenly a female angel?

Well, that's certainly not going to help my programming job since the office I'm working is isn't that big. Not to mention that moving from floor to floor with the elevator will be even more awkward.

On the other hand... I'll be able to fly, and have a pretty perfect body (Though a female one). Being able to fly will really reduce the time it takes me to get to my the train/work, and the enhanced body will ensure that I live longer (If not simply being immortal).

Holy magic would also be quite nice, and if Melodiana has some healing spells I could solve some problems my friends/members of my family have.

I'm going to be so lost, and will probably do something that will make the other angels quite pissed at me.

pepperjack likes this.
  5. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

Now what if...we were our avatars in the person above/below (whichever the collective preferred)'s setting?

Valette-Serafina likes this.
  6. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Above:
    1) I am now a two-headed eagle. Fucking great.
    2) I am the Byzantine Empire....somehow. Fuck me.

Below:
    1) I am, apparently, a "Dragonborn", as seen in D&D's 4th Edition.
    2) I'm fucked.

7. AyiosKat

AyiosKat Know what you're doing yet?

Well technically despite being a symbol of the Palaiologos dynasty this flag is used in the modern setting to represent the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople. Enjoy being His All Holiness Bartholomew I.

I just like the Eastern Roman Empire, and its associated symbology.

8. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

Okay, rechecking my initial post.

ABOVE: Magical girl in.... That looks like a Banksy image. Given that the setting for that is 'real life' I'm just going to assume I end up in London. Which will be much the same as my previous real life strategy only much harder given that I'm now in a foreign country with no ID, so getting home will be difficult. Still, as an immortal magical girl with a magical money stipend, I'm not going to be hurting too badly. It will be significantly worse for my family than the vanilla 'real life' scenario though..

BELOW: Magical gravity girl in what looks like.... some kind of giant mecha/superhero hybrid setting? Probably do well and fit right in, scare the bejesus out of a lot of the local color by eschewing getting into a robot and just wrecking things herself. Frankly, one of the better settings I could have been dropped into, considering magic is probably OCP, and the setting relies on giant robots - which have engineering limits and probably don't respond well to having their weight suddenly multiply. Plus immortality is kinda OP.

9. tEN

tEN Mischief Maker

Merry Christmas

10. PyroTechno

PyroTechno The Procrastination Pokemon

Suddenly becoming Diablo and Imperius from the Diablo franchise will be a bit hard to explain to everyone I know, including the government, who will have a few questions for the giant demonic creature sitting in the ruins of my house, and the teleporting asshole with a spear and glowing... tentacle... things? Are those supposed to be wings? Also, it will probably be hard to feed my internet addiction with those big meaty fingers that may or may not be hot enough to melt the keyboard at any given point in time.

On the other hand, immortality and literally being in two places at once is nice.

Plan A: Immediately nope out of there and figure out how to convince everyone of my actual identity. Openly mock the Westboro Baptist Church when they inevitably picket. (Or do they just do homosexuals?)

Plan B: A Demon Lord (Lady? What gender is the Prime Evil anyway?) and an Archangel walk into a bar...

So. Diablo (the Prime Evil version from Diablo 3) and Imperius make up over half of the cosmic power in the setting - and Diablo also has the advantage of being the consistent BBEG in a franchise with sequels, and is therefore functionally protagonist-proof.

Plan A: Immediately nope out of there, figure out how to recreate the Worldstone, and create a copy of Earth. Earth being destroyed/lost/abandoned/nonexistent in sci-fi and/or fantasy is a pet peeve of mine.

Plan B: A Demon Lord (Lady? What gender is the Prime Evil anyway?) and an Archangel walk into a tavern...

11. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Gender has no meaning for Diablo. But the prime evil's gender is 90% male and 10% female.

As most of the prime evils were in fact identifiable as male, and only one was female.

12. 2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful

2 Hot Crown Subdues the Sinful Aris

13. Silvrose

Silvrose Connoisseur of cuteness.

Prinz Eugen, huh.

Scenario 1: Freak out over being a Kanmusu, then go kill some pirates or join the military.
    Scenario 2: cling to Bismarck, kill Abyssals, be adorable Imouto for Bismarck despite being a heavy cruiser and she a battleship. Just like canon really.

14. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

This time, a human-ish incubator.

Scenario 1: This will be awkward. But hopefully I'll have access to Incubator technology! And wish-granting power. But, well, witches. So let's avoid that.

I wonder, will I be able to become a hivemind?

Also, let's avoid people that has watched PMMM.

Scenario 2: Do all incubators look like girls now, or is it only Nekraa? Either way, let's hope that they don't take interest in me.

... I'm doomed.

UrsaTempest likes this.
  15. Plotvitalnpc

Probably something they usually see when girls wish to be cute like them.

16. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

1: On the one hand I now have magic, on the other hand even I don't know my own gender and I drew this myself!

2: I wonder what it says about me as a creator that I only regret making a character who's species is supernaturally delicious and nutritious only after being force to be one...

17. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Delicious smell. Gao gao.

18. Plotvitalnpc

...Supernaturally delicious...
    Chocolate elf?

19. Silvrose

I'm Shirley Yeager, now

1.) urge to visit Chuck Yeager rising.
    2.) time to not actually know what I am doing, and still manage to do it.

20. Himura

Himura IRL Enthusiast

Hmm~
    For the first; I wonder give squirrelly drew this body up would that make him my father as Rochelle? And would that make our hypothetical relationship more or less incestuous? More importantly which would be hotter?

For the second; I would ignore the voices in my head since that has not helped Rochelle in forever. Then aim for the Harem end aru!

Valette-Serafina and ultima333 like this.
  21. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

So… of my three avatars, the giant, floating, mildly phallic, jellyfish monster certainly isn't the worst to be turned into, but not the best either. God-Demon of Fertility, the Harvest, and Destructive Rampages isn't too bad a schtick to be stuck as.

1) Any possibility of living a normal life is shot to hell, since I am now a giant, flying super-kaiju, but I could probably make things work out. I might try to get in contact with scientists and engineers to help me build some device that would turn the ability to "punch physics until it cries" into infinite energy, and use that as a source of income. Then, I don't know, spend the vast wealth by donating it to SCIENCE? Oh, and buy a computer that I'd be able to use and just dick around on the internet all day, like a I do now.

2) Being one of the strongest beings in the setting, orders of magnitude stronger than the next tier of superpowers, I don't really have to worry about much beyond my "peers." Nor do I have reason to deal with the 'plot,' unless I felt like it. So, I'd probably just force the universe to scale up until a small dog is the size of me, and follow some random practioner around like an overly-tentacled, over-powered magical girl's mascot. For the reactions mostly. And whenever I inevitably get summoned, I'd either pull an ironic genie, a Kyubey, or ignore them and just head back to my chosen, and almost certainly confused, magical girl.

22. Keanu Reeves

Keanu Reeves Hellblazer

1. I win everything forever.
    2. I'm probably fucked.

UrsaTempest and Valette-Serafina like this.
  23. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I'm betting the League will be going "WTF" if they ever discover any part of this?

24. Silvrose

1. I go deep sea diving and go hunting pirates, Wolfpack style.
    2. I kill abyssals, be adorable and try not to die.

25. Plotvitalnpc

Too bad most of us have meaningless usernames, or we could have a 'you are your username' thread.

26. OverReactionGuy

I don't know... I find my name pretty much appropriate for many situations I find myself in when posting on forms.

27. Plotvitalnpc

Not yours in particular, but...like..
    What's a BFldyq?
    Is theweepingman the only weeping man?

28. OverReactionGuy

True.

29. Speckled Burd

Speckled Burd Studious Elf

No one man should have all the power of a Speckled Burd.

ultima333 and Plotvitalnpc like this.
  30. UrsaTempest

UrsaTempest Yuri Fanatic, Archivist

Turns out, The Laughing Man is rather popular nick, so I switch to Weeping instead.

Plotvitalnpc likes this.