1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

He is an empath, he can literally SEE what she is feeling... That helps a lot in regards to how "trusting" he appears to be.

Relyt33, Bramble Thorn and Gantradies like this.
  2. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes.
    I suggest that you go and read Prayer, where that was stated.
    Sort of, but basically no.
    I don't have a firm opinion. I might have had Lucifer do it for a laugh, but he'd have already left at that point.
    Thank you, corrected.
    He's doing that because 1) he got a pretty good read on her character with empathic vision and 2) he wants to reform her.
    The SI also mentioned that plenty of demons claimed to be The Devil.
    Captain Nazi was never created, and Wolf Krieger was eventually purged.
    Thank you, corrected.

3. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Ah, a heady vintage, overtones of tin and sulfur, definite traces of salt, some coal but not sufficiently integrated to create steel bits that ruin the texture. Pairs well with red wines, or copper wiring. All in all: delicious.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin and Relyt33 like this.
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wolf Krieger was eventually purged.

This is more ironic than that time H'El figured out he was an artificial being rather than a natural born kryptonian.x3

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Don't think he'll really reform her, but tried to do a better job with the map.

HoI4 is a little annoying in that a number of the states they divided their map into make historical partitions all but impossible to recreate. Like, you can't really recreate the partition of Slovenia between Italy, Germany, and Hungary.

There's a console command for changing ownership of the individual provinces that make up a state, but it almost never works. Even when it does, it gets undone the moment you let time pass. Plus the provinces themselves don't always cooperate. Actually had to use paint to accurately show Romanian Transnistria.

[​IMG]

Slightly more historical rush job.

That bit of black in the Balkans is Banat. Both Hungary and Romania wanted it, so Germany maintained an occupation of the region so they could use it as a bargaining chip.

Hungary also wanted Slovakia. Anyone's guess if they'd ever have actually gotten it in a Nazi victory.

But if the Earth 10 Nazis annexed Hungary, they probably also went ahead and annexed Slovakia and Banat. Maybe Northern Transylvania gets returned to Romania in such a scenario? Unless Earth 10 Nazis annexed them too.

Finland is kind of amusing because the only reason Hitler didn't plan on annexing them is because he thought Finland was too cold and miserable for any would-be German settlers. But who knows? If they're bolstered by Kryptonian tech and Overman, maybe they annexed Finland too. If nothing else, it'd make the GGR look better on a map.

In fact . . . Just for the fuck of it . . .

[​IMG]

The stuff I just talked about. For a hypothetical Earth 10 GGR.

As for Paul's concerns about the treatment of the Hungarians . . . Between the Magyars and the Germans . . . A majority of Hungary's population probably came out of it alright. I think any purges would have taken around 20% to 30% of the population.

============

Are the above screenshots blown up enough?

Oh, and for the actual update . . . I guess if you sterilize them all instead of shooting them it's technically not a purge, but they definitely would have gotten rid of Earth's blacks one way or another.

Earth 10 Nazis: Oh, yes. We exiled them. To the sun.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

That's generally frowned upon.

7. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

You fiend!

Do you want someone hopping a plane to England, taking a train to your hometown, and going door to door asking if where the Pauls are and what their last names might be? Because whatever else that kind of hands on investigation might be, it sure isn't lazy.

Friend Zoat, lazy is good.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Is the paragon going to adopt any children in the future like the renegade did?
    Has avenger Paul adopted Rogue?
    Has avenger Paul managed to defeat Sublime?
    Will any of the other versions of the SI adopt any children in your story?
    Has Peter Wynne given himself any super powers?
    I know that his girlfriend is a scientist that gave herself powers and he wanted to hire that Farmer Brown, who gave his daughter enchanced strength and he already had Starmans cosmic rod and probably some cold guns,so i was wondering if he would try to gain powers?
    Speaking of Cheetah, is her earth 16 counterpart cheetah like because of that god that she served in the comics?
    What year will Peter Wynne show up again, you said that he may show up in two other episodes?
    Can you give us any hints about year 4 april fools episode, we know that Rita Repulsa is going to show up in year 3?

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. Mr Zoat

It's tradition!
    Not quite that many, but yes.
    Not yet.
    Not yet.
    In the story? Probably not. I don't have time for all that many.
    No.
    Most of the readily accessible ones have serious risks and side effects and he doesn't have access to a functioning power ring to reverse them.
    Go and watch Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated Series and Justice League.
    The Crisis episode and one in the last year where the main SI goes to Earth 12.
    No, I actually can't. Seriously, you think I plan them that far ahead?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I am pretty sure that comic Cheetah was granted her powers by that god, while geneticist Barbara Ann Minerva was only something they did in the JL cartoons.
    So earth 16 Cheetah is a geneticist that became part cheetah?

And yes i do believe that you plan them that far ahead, though i will acknowledge that even you have some limits.

Also what year will paragon adopt a child, or if you haven't decided then is he going to adopt one during the story?

Will the Queen of Fables show up again in the paragon side?

What is the relationship between Hela and Rogue like, assuming they have even met each other?

Cuchulin, Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  11. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

[Strong American Applause]

I fucking love Sivana. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him, but holy shit he is the best.

12. mossconfig

mossconfig any "Gregor the Overlander" fans?

Can't wait for Jade to give Paul a call.

13. Sckarred

Sckarred Getting some practice in, huh?

If she's alive isn't that vivisection?

14. Impartial Panic

Impartial Panic I trust you know where the happy button is?

"Doc we've talked about this."

Ah yes I keep forgetting about that, old habits.

"Do I need to get Venus to have words with you?"

That tactic only works on the children not on me, but I see your point.

15. Mr Zoat

"We've never had anyone live through one of our dissections before sir, but if you do I'm sure that we can work something out."
    Pass.
    Thank you.
    The last one.
    I have no plans for her to do so.
    I've been thinking about it, and I haven't worked out what order I want events to happen in. The 8096 SI would travel to Helheim immediately after the fight with Loki, and I don't think he'd agree to that if he had a daughter to look after. Which means that Ann-Marie can't show up until after the fighting with the Skrull is over. Which in turns means that he probably adopts her during that whole mess with Ultron, or in the off-screen downtime between the two events. I haven't given much thought to what they're relationship would be like; I've given more to how the SI would relate to his Skrull doppelgänger.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

During the episode where the Queeen of Fables appeared there were those icons with her image, and when the episode finished she wrote that she will be back several years from then.

So the SI has a Skrull doppleganger.
    How would that even work, would the Skrulls steal his ring and give it to someone they think can use it, make some copy that can make orange energy constructs without the whole avarice thing, or are they somehow inspired by it and use magic to make one, i know in the comics they used magic with the whole shapeshifting and there was a Skrull sorcerer in the 2018 comic of Doctor Strange?

Also it would be interesting to see the SI interact with his Skrull doppleganger.
    What would their relationship be like if you have given it any thought?
    Considering OLs rather ... unique mindset it would certainly be interesting.

Will the Justice League of earth 16 discover how old the paragon is any time in your story and if so when?

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

What's this about a marvel SI? is this just ideas you have for future chapters or existing chapters?

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

There was a chapter he wrote where the SI that ended up in the Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes universe, was talking to Magneto about destroying Sublime.
    There is another SI that ended up in the MCU and is busy building SWORD.

19. Mr Zoat

Multiple copies of the main SI have been inserted into various other settings. Occasionally, they get a segment written about them. The one who ended up in Universe 8096 had an unlisted snippet in which he bargained with Hela, and a full length segment where he came to terms with Magneto.
    Optimism.
    Holy run on sentence Batman.

The Skrull probably just had an orange-tinted force field generator, and tried to keep things simple.
    The SI attempts to get the Skrull treated as prisoners of war rather than as criminals.
    Right at the end.

20. Scholar of Time

Scholar of Time Master of Lurking

krylatto - intensely interested, please define? Thanks!

w34v3r and Darko like this.
  21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

How would avenger SI deal with J. Jonah Jameson?
    And how would he deal with Doctor Doom?

Is there a version of your various SIs that ended up in a romantic relationship with Koriand'r?

22. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Slightly off topic: that alternate Sivana's black Freedom Fighter is hot af.

Darko likes this.
  23. Mr Zoat

He wouldn't. Jameson is a newspaper owner who hates people hiding their identities. The SI doesn't need a newspaper's approval and doesn't conceal his identity.
    By trying to persuade him to demonstrate his superiority through improvements to civilian technologies.
    Yes, the harem anime one.

24. SIDoragon

SIDoragon Dragon of Story and Song

Sivana: "Opps, I forgot to add your guest tot he 'Do Not Disassemble' directory. Let me just do that now."

Overgirl: [Urge to lobotomize, rising]

25. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Mulatto is a somewhat derogatory term for a halfbreed, typically a half-black half-white of the kind the Nazis would not be particularly pleased about.
    Obviously Overgirl isn't half-black, but the other half of her is literally more inhuman by definition, and calling her out on her racial purist ideology with the term makes the point.
    Oh, oh, they should subject Overgirl to Miss Martian. That would be great. I'm sure she has an opinion on skin color she could share.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When you say harem anime are you being specific about a certain setting?

Or is it just some generic storyline where the main character ends up with several beautiful women in his harem?

I know this will be a most likely 'no' answer, but would you write a chapter about this, after reading your praise for Eros thread i really want to see how the SI would handle a harem, emotionally and socially i mean, not sexually?

Also i really liked your NSFW thread, it was really interesting to see the relationships and interplay between the characters in what most people expect to be pure smut.

27. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Huh. Didn't know there was a harem anime universe. Unless you mean that one universe where all the heroes and villains are sexy women and Paul would be the only male superhero. The Ame-Comi universe.

Where this was the actual cover art of one of the issues.

[​IMG]

I think one of the only villains in that universe that's still a dude is Trigon.

Even the Manhunter robots are sexy ladies.

And just another shot of Ame-Comi Brainiac . . . Plus a shot of Ame-Comi Sinestra . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Thank you ForeverShogo
    Unfortunetly if it is Ame Comi Zoat said that we will probably never see the SI that ended up there.
    Though he did say in the past that that particular SI will get an episode.
    Maybe he changed his mind and won't show him?

Also wasn't there that comic where Superman was the last man on the planet and had to help repopulate the world by impregnating various women, including superheroines?

Hey was violet SI the one that ended up in Ame Comi, i forgot?

Ardy likes this.
  29. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Does he know about it or did he also turn his balls off and didn't recognize that multiple girls liked him even after thry kissed him.

Darko, Ngamer11 and Ardy like this.
  30. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

OL has literally recruited a being that is close to Omnicidal on a universal scale. I don't think we even have a word for what Qwardians are, because Omnicide is just humans, where these fuckers want to kill EVERYTHING. The english language literally cannot encapsulate how fucked in the head these people are.

Compared to that, Nazi's are a cakewalk.

Darko, Bramble Thorn and Ngamer11 like this.