1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

It might end up being Fool's Canon 4. It's still Young Justice, but rather than being a western action animation it's a Japanese harem anime. A reskin, if you will.
    If I did do it as a Fool's Canon episode, it would be the regular SI being thoroughly weirded out by all the girls and women throwing themselves at him, Kon and M'gann being open to polyamory, Wallace and Richard being a couple and Kaldur abandoning romance after Tula spurned him in favour of extreme workouts.

Harem anime Kaldur in hench.
    I'm trying to write a new segment for that now.

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Kaldur is gay in the comics and the SI has confirmed that he is bisexual:cool:

Also does Wally mean condom in British slang, because if it does him and being in a relationship with someone called Dick is really funnyx3

zerofarad likes this.
  3. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

When did he do that? I know he has a boyfriend in the cartoon Young Justice, but I am pretty sure him not being attracted to men was the main reason he rejected Canis.

Ardy likes this.
  4. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Is it really optimism if she’s gotten out twice since then?

If we get kicked off here, then she’ll be out thrice and that means she’s out forever by comic book logic.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  5. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

It means idiot, as I recall.

6. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Rubber Wally is a condom

7. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

While that was implied, it was written before Kaldur was canonically bisexual, and even though season 3 canon doesn't apply here, I feel like making a minor change to that line wouldn't be too bad, so there's at least a possibility of Kaldur entering a relationship with either his canon (new) love interest or another guy as well as a girl- unless Zoat has an idea of his future love interest already. You don't have to be not into men to reject one, after all, especially since this is Canis we're talking about. Additionally, Kaldur was probably still not fully over Tula. Of course, I'd have loved seeing them together and the possible character development that could result, but alas I know it will not be.

ChestBurster, Cuchulin and Aeess like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Bit of a weird one, but does anyone know the word for the soft bit at the bottom of your jaw?

9. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

I feel like every Paul that knows there are other Pauls out there should have a tech package ready. That way when the criss of the infinite Pauls happens all of them can immediately share with each other and get a quick tech up.

Should be as huge an upgrade as when he got the green ring database.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Lex Luthor survived the androcide as well, so the next generation of Earth was fathered by either Superman or Lex.

There were no harem antics though, it was done artificially.

ChestBurster and Ardy like this.
  11. nobodez

nobodez Bringer of Context

The Anterior triangle?

12. Mr Zoat

It might be? I can't make sense of either the description or the picture.

13. nobodez

nobodez Bringer of Context

Without a better description than “soft part of the jaw” I can’t be more precise, sorry. Unfortunately that’s not a layman’s area of Wikipedia.

14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

The anterior triangle is the sum of the pink, yellow, green, and blue highlights of the color picture.

15. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

When I think soft part of the jaw and look at that link . . . Looks to specifically be the submental and submandibular triangles.

Anterior triangle includes those, as well as parts of the neck itself.

Frank Iannetta likes this.
  16. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Try again: "ethno".

I don't know about QQ, but on SV the mods explicitly put the kibosh on people trying to guess because of the doxing rule. A similar rule is present here, but it does say "without their consent" so Zoat's opinion that guessing is okay probably pulls it ever so slightly on the "not going to get banned for it" side of the line assuming you don't do anything skeevy... but still.

17. SotF

SotF And Away We Go!

Omniomnicidal perhaps...univercidal...

18. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

ChestBurster and Bramble Thorn like this.
  19. Threadmarks: Gammadion (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

14th March
    20:43 GMT +1

"Doctorstopwe'vetalkedaboutthis!"

The closest energy blade spins into Overgirl's right arm. She doesn't react to the impact as it burns through her uniform, instead immediately sighting the top of the armature and firing her heat vision. The arm jumps as the point she hits doesn't merely melt but vaporises.

"Dissectingsomeoneisthelastthingyoudotothem!"

Overgirl jinks, avoiding a swinging blade and battering the armature with her right fist! It flies off its mount and goes careening into the force field containing the containment chamber.

Dr Sivana looks away from his control panel.

"Yes? Usually?"

"Whyareyoudoingthis?"

He blinks. "Oh! You didn't mean-?"

An energy saw catches Overgirl in the back of her head, crimping her.

"No!"

"I really don't think that was clear from-" I gesture at the containment chamber, where two track-propelled combat robots have entered from portals along the interior wall and point their plasma blasters at Overgirl. "-your introduction."

"Iapologiseandwillendeavourtobeclearerinfuture!"

"Oh, very-" He reaches out with his right hand and pulls a lever. "-well."

The combat robots lower their weapons and begin retreating-.

Overgirl flies into the first, rips off its head and fires her heat vision down its neck hole and into its interior! Its joints glow as its more delicate components are melted from the inside! She then grabs the slagged hulk and hurls it at its partner, which ducks behind the exit just in time for her improvised projectile to bounce off.

Then she turns towards Dr Sivana, eyes still glowing. Ah-.

There's a gold flash and she's on the floor, Dr Sivana taking a moment to admire the gold kryptonite laser pistol he's holding in his left hand.

"Superman would have been faster."

"What-?" She tries to push herself up, clearly having no idea why she's suddenly so weak. "What did-?"

I transition next to her, creating a barrier construct around her and firing a beam of sunlight at her. It won't reverse the effects immediately, but it should speed up her recovery.

"Doctor, what are you doing?"

He slips his pistol back into his lab coat.

"Experimenting. Learning." He grins evilly and rubs his hands together. "Those heat beams were approximately two thirds of Superman's highest recorded output. You were giving it your all and I'm confident that he never has. Why would the Nazis, with their fixation on strength and blood purity, create a weaker knockoff?"

"What was that gun?"

"Gold kryptonite. Radiation on the right frequencies interferes with kryptonian physiology."

"Orange Lantern usually enhances his kryptonian friends to prevent me doing that."

"You are Thaddeus Sivana." Her eyes narrow. "The version of you from my Earth was executed for treason."

"I don't think I'll miss him. And now that you don't have that frustrating force field scattering my scanners, I can try and work out how you got here."

He pulls a couple of levers and a scanner array descends from the ceiling.

"Hold still. You probably picked up all sorts of fascinating resonances on your.. way…" He frowns as he looks at the results. "Hm."

"I removed those as part of healing her."

"Yes, you did, didn't you? That's… Inconvenient. Did you at least keep a record of what you removed?"

"Sorry. Orange ring consumption is fairly undiscriminating. Couldn't you just send a probe?"

"I've already done that, but it's not as resilient as a kryptonian." He makes eye contact with Overgirl. "And you haven't answered my question. Why did they make you?"

She glares at him, then turns to me.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Because I'm afraid that despite his idiosyncrasies Doctor Sivana is the most intelligent human presently alive. When I have a problem that requires a scientific solution, I find myself increasingly turning to him and his family."

"Fam-? That dwarf was allowed to breed?"

"I'm not a dwarf; merely short. And unlike Nazis, I approach eugenics scientifically. My-."

"Doctor?"

He shrugs. "There's nothing to do until I get some useable data from my probes. If more portals open there are any number of things I could try in order to force their closure. But I don't imagine that you would be all that happy about the collateral damage that would be involved. So unless there's a reason to rush things, I may as well attempt to alleviate my own frustrations with someone I won't be working with ever again."

"Doctor, it's not like you to get this distracted. What's going on?"

"Hm." He thinks for a moment. "I think it's you. Since our first meeting I've been thinking about my rejections more."

"The ones which led to you-?"

"Becoming a supervillain, yes. Do you know how many times I was called a Nazi for trying to prevent the propagation of damaged genes?"

"More than you should have been."

"Tia and Magnificus are blonde and blue-eyed because their mother is blonde and blue-eyed and those were the genes I was working with."

I raise my hands in a pacifying gesture.

"You have no need to convince me."

"The Nazis were terrible scientists. They dismissed atomic physics as 'Jewish science'."

"I know they did, but Overgirl wasn't making policy-." I glance at her. "How old are you?"

"Thirty nine."

Huh. I've have guessed younger, but I suppose that's kryptonian physiology for you.

"Wasn't making policy during that era. And I also doubt that she thinks that atomic science is nonsense."

"Of course not. It was simply that the pool of physicists working in the area were predominantly Jewish and so politically unreliable. There was little point in the Empire expending resources without any chance of getting useful results."

"Useful. Results."

"Doctor, thank you for taking the time to investigate this phenomenon, but unless you need us here I think it best if we left."

"Yes. I think so too." He presses a button. "This facility is now transparent to zeta rays. You can leave when you like."

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  20. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

"Useful results" is probably a bit of a hot button for the oldest Dr. Sivana, what with his brilliance not getting investors

21. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

damaged

22. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Huh, that makes sense. I thought he just admired the Atomic Bomb and disliked the stupidity of calling it not useful.

23. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

Yeah... Paul should do something nice for Sivana senior as an apology for having to deal with Overgirl. Also, nice to learn more information on what his early work was - preventing propagation of damaged genes might have been a politically hot topic, and, given his... quirks, he might not have sold it well, leading to his other ideas being rejected too.

Though... One big question: who did the reverse engineering of the kryptonian technology? And how did they do it without using the pool of knowledge and competence that was represented by jewish scientists?

24. hance1986

hance1986 A pitiful excuse for a man.

should be ' damaged '

should be ' eyed '

25. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

Probably those same Jewish scientists before they become "politically unreliable" and everyone who "inherited" their notes.

26. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Loving that panicked fast-talking. I mean, I said it yesterday but I didn't expect it to be so literal!

Well, good to see she's tough as a Kryptonian should be.

He means, you do other tests to them first, then you dissect. Living subjects usually give better results than dead ones!

If OL wanted her dead, she'd already be dead!

"Precision, Orange Lantern! It's the hallmark of Science!"

Yeah, she is not happy with her reception...

Damn fine timing, sir! Disable, then quip. He knows his stuff.

It's likely the first time since her powers first came in that she's been so weak...

"If you're going to do something, you do it right!"

In other words, she might want to remember to look into radiation shielding tech when she gets home.

Uh, if you meant he odd radiation she was soaked in...

... Yeah, OL already dealt with it...

Gotta wonder what he did Om-Nom back there. Hopefully nothing likely to cause difficulties sometime around, say April 1st?

Avoiding the question? She is really not happy at all.

Be nice. He could be your only way home.

Focus, please.

Frustrations? I take it something he's working is not going well.

Wow, he's actually reforming, or at least considering his issues? Rare.

I like OL's sympathetic attitude here. Many of his colleagues with be antagonistic...

Well, Earth-10 Kryptonians definitely age well...

...Should we tell her about the Americans' efforts?
    ('We' as in OL and Sivana. I know this isn't a quest...)

Don't mind the twitching eyebrow and throbbing veins. He only gets like that when someone insults Science!... Oh, wait.

Well, That was a productive meeting... [/sarcasm] Hopefully she isn't so obnoxious with other people she has to work with...

Corrections:

...containing the containment chamber. (Missing full stop)
    ...head, crumpling her.
    (Not sure if an error, but... 'Crimping'?")
    ...two track-propelled...
    "Iapologiseandwillendeavourtobeclearerinfuture!"
    He makes eye contact with Overgirl.
    "Tia and Magnificus are blonde and blue-eyed because their mother is blonde and blue-eyed and those were the genes I was working with."
    (An inconsistency in hyphenation there...)

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Always nice to see a chapter involving the good old Doc Sivana, keep it up.

Will Dr Sivana show up again in this episode?

Will the SI tell Overgirl or anyone from earth 10 about the Hitler clone, you mentioned that he may appear in this episode?
    If he does i can't wait to see her reaction!x3

Cuchulin, AtomicGeneral25 and Relyt33 like this.
  28. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Talking about “useful results” is itself unscientific. All results - even failures - are useful to the scientific method.
    Also, the Nazis might not have invented an atomic bomb until they developed some technology / magic capable of stopping it.

29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Paul should have prefaced that with "on this Earth", because there are more intelligent living humans on other Earths.

Relyt33 likes this.
  30. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Uff, Sivana was pissed.

Is Paul active in human genetic engineering? I know that most people are irrationally afraid of it, but personally I can't wait for it to catch on.