1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

2. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Having somebody say what they've learned is very different from being told what they were taught.

Put simply, when it comes to yourself you are your own least reliable narrator.

3. Ph34r_n0_3V1L

Ph34r_n0_3V1L The Best Monkey

Bramble Thorn and RichardWhereat like this.
  4. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

Was this Grayven or Celestia's godspeech? The context is kinda ambiguous.

Edit: Nevermind. I missed Grayven's earlier use of godspeech.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Welp, musical number's over, with quite the virtual record scratch.

Boy, that's... Concerning. Are they so terrified of her they can't bear her displeasure at all?

Oh, boy... That's a lot of pent-up anger coming out...

New God against near-godlike being. Let's hope Canterlot is still standing when all's said and done...

Sounds like she's had a lot of time to think about how things went. Fifteen years, wasn't it? Lots of time for recriminations...

I don't think she's concerned with you, Grayven. Seeing a new alicorn might have gotten her notice, but she's laser-focused on Sunset right now...

And how much will Sunset hate you if you do?

Yeah, lots of "Oh god, what did I just do?!" second thoughts, for one thing.

Whereas Celestia is a little more Horse-like. Or something a little fey. I can see that reaction...

Petty, but not stealing Sunset's thunder. Well chosen.

Good god, imagine the children's reactions...

I suppose she was a little worried after her student leapt into a portal leading who-knows-where...

Oh, boy. And I thought his first impression with Luna was bad... At least she isn't trying to kill him... Yet.

Oh, my. Was anyone expecting that question?

Because that question just smashed through her emotional armour like it was nothing...

Oh, dear...

Looks like that plan kind of backfired, eh?

So Celestia's plan had the exact opposite effect she wanted. Well done, Sunbutt.

Oh, she's not happy, is she?

...I can't argue with that...

And somehow, I have the feeling Celestia is proud of that. Oh, not the 'driving her away' part, the fact that Sunset has learnt.

This is kind of all Celestia's fault, yes...

...And that's what she focuses on? Methinks she's been mainlining Harmony too long...

And she just stormed out like an angry teenager. Welp.

And now the Mom voice comes out. Is she going to give Grayven the female equivalent of a Shovel Speech?

Now, how is Grayven going to play this... And what blunders is Sunset about to make in her anger? I suppose we'll find out soon enough...

Godspeech:
    Corrections:
    ...and they spread out towards the exits.
    "Lucky escape there.

6. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

mentor that wasn't
    though -> thought
    completed -> completely
    Luck -> Lucky

7. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

I seem to recall Sunset making it very clear she is not your student anymore.

I mean she didn't scream it but I feel like you should be able to sense that amount of Red.

I'm kind of getting the feeling Celestia isn't really acknowledging what Sunset is saying as much as she should.

8. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

If you bothered to google the word you'd see it in multiple places.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/derisorily
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/derisorily
    https://www.audioenglish.org/dictionary/derisorily.htm

https://www.spellchecker.net/derisorily
    https://www.englishlearner.com/dictionary/derisorily

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  9. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

I did. I got the definition for derisory.

10. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

...so, just throwing this out there, but has it been posited that Celestia might be... insane?

Like, hear me out here. In the wake of a, frankly, apocalyptic war with Discord, Celestia is forced to use the Harmony-powered superweapon against her only living relative. Even at the most optimistic, with her absolutely certain that it would merely seal Luna away instead of killing her... that's a lot of guilt to deal with.

For a thousand years.

As every other living creature save for her pet phoenix turns to ash around her.

...Celestia and Luna were explicitly born as immortals, but to a mortal culture. They didn't have the advantages Diana did of being born into a world where their friends and family wouldn't die of old age. There's the potential exception of dragons, but I don't think Celestia is on particularly awesome terms with all that many of them.

I'm just curious if Celestia might have lost the ability to care about individuals, instead only seeing the progression of society as a whole, and is trying to relearn how to do so to mixed effect.

Edit: In other words...

Celestia: "Friends are good, right? Mortal ponies should have lots of them all the time, because otherwise they'd turn out like me. I remember having friends, before they started to die. It was nice."

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, they revere her so much that they don't want to displease her.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I don't think that's right, but... Exactly how many friends do we canonically see Celestia having?

12. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Well... if you're taking the title 'friend' to implicitly signify a peer group... that excludes virtually everyone except, possibly, her sister... and that's very arguable given Luna's mental and emotional state post-release.

I can't think of any legitimate candidates for a list of Celestia's friends. At all. At least, canonically.

Edit: You could also argue Star Swirl the Bearded later in the series, but he hasn't been around for a long time either.

13. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

Eh. Would be difficult for her to have friends. Kinda like being friends with your boss. You.... can but their is always a level of separation their. Celestia is so much older then everyone, a good deal more powerful then most, is the ruler. Yeah hard to form a connection there. Maybe she is projecting a bit? She wants friends badly but basically can't really have any? At least to the same degree as her subject. Hmm. Honestly I think she is just burnt out. She has been ruler for millennia. I think she is rushing Twilight because she is getting tunnel visioned a bit.

14. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

"Interspecies relations, responsible pet ownership, and sentient spell effects. But I haven't really been focusing on Twilight Sparkle much since I got here. Not on purpose, at least."

15. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

This, sadly, makes far too much sense. Now I feel really badly for her. I hope that at least she's got a few palantir to talk to some of these immortal dragons you mentioned.

16. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The negative version of her sister and good king sombra? She fixated so much on her relationship with them that the world almost ended... At least that is what I remember when it was discussed days ago in this very thread.

Relyt33, FeepingCreature and DAT_NOOB like this.
  17. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

"Former-student, you kicked her out, remember?"

w34v3r, Cuchulin and Relyt33 like this.
  18. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I was rereading the Story Only of Episode 74, when I found an error. It should be 'Roy and I would have gone through that courtyard'.

Chojin Patriarch, Mr Zoat and Ardy like this.
  19. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Critical thinking.

Oh, and how friendship doesn't stop you from getting paid or having disagreements.

Also, how to become a God, but she did a lot of the footwork on that one.

20. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

If so, then it's an example of the old saying “He who can does; he who cannot, teaches.”

21. Youshallnotpass

Youshallnotpass Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Honestly that is just so much bullshit. Except if you meant physically can't, but I don't think you did. (otherwise if you can't do you can't teach either.)

Also grayvern is perfectly capable of thinking critically.

22. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Well, he is the new god / Alicorn of Fascism.

23. Onion

Onion Making the rounds.

Is there an index for all the renegade parts? I've been skipping them because of general disintrest untill now since they don't impact the main story. But I thought I'd give it a try, but digging trough all of this stuff to find what i want is a bit much.

PDV, Ardy and Lupercal like this.
  24. Navi-Hank

Navi-Hank An engine fuled by spite

In other words she's being a normal mom.

25. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

To be fair he could kill her before she even try.

Razorfloss and Relyt33 like this.
  26. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Check the text on the first post of every episode?

Someone made an episode guide for the Renegade updates back when the migration to SV {when stars crossed episode} happened.

Anyways 60% of the earlier Renegade updates are pointless filler.

First important deviation Paul used Gangbusters on himself and used the ring to control and stabilize the muscle growth.

Second important deviation he assimilated sportsmaster and bane.

The forever people confronted him and called him Grayven, this led to 'Grayven' kneecaped DeSaad and stole his father box, then he convinced said Father Box that he was the real Grayven and he was soulless because his original soul got shredded when he threw himself through that portal.

Batman asked 'Grayven' to use his resources to attempt to infiltrate the 'hypothetical' alliance of super villains we know as The light.

During the April fools update Grayven got interference from Ambush bug radiation and got Sunset Shimmer and the yandere from Death Note in his crossover.

Now start reading at Stars Crossed part one.

27. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

'ever'?

I don't know MLP:FIS fandom at all well, but I wonder if the idea that the ponies are elven nudists (though willing to wear decorative/formal clothes) has been put forward? :)

("Look! They're trying to pervert children, by teaching them clothes are optional!" :) )

A few, scattered, points, looking at the current chapter...

Grayven seems to have done a workable job of helping Sunset to learn how not to act on her anger, or at least retain a little self-control... I'll admit I'm curious where she teleported to...

Wondering if ponies think his name is 'Graven Conquest', or transform that into 'Conquest of the Grave', so 'winning by killing any opposition'... Could help explain a few reactions to him...

Nice to see the lecturer in that chapter made sure he retained the important thing, the new knowledge, and if a magical equivalent of the photo copier exists I can see it being heavily used, ASAP, before Celestia confiscates it for 'careful study'...

Did Celestia expect Grayven to leave, along with all the other ponies, except for Sunset and her guard? Or, had she already classified him as a potential Outside Context Problem, and she was probing to see how he reacted? Is she concerned about what the relationship is between Grayven and Friendship? And, on that point, is there a New God of Friendship?

28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Still surprised that renegade recruited Misa, the yandere, and gave her powers.
    She was just an ordinary girl and he helped her get revenge.
    I know he gave Orana powers, but she was an extremely skilled warrior and Diana wanted more women on the team.
    Recruiting someone like Misa is.. well odd.

Ardy likes this.
  29. Onion

Onion Making the rounds.

And we are back to just skipping the red parts. To much hassle.

30. Birdsie

Birdsie Making the rounds.

I'm pretty sure Brimstone counts as a kind of sun. And Brimstone tried to squish Grayven. And we both know how that ended - so in all fairness, if I were Grayven, I... wouldn't really be too scared of a big lump of combusting hydrogen.