1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The prisoners can think they may have a chance at escape and escaping will be easier when you aren't dead, so they would take the deal.

Audrey may have been interested in partying, but she also probably received an education in how to rule and govern, so she can actually step up and take the reins when it is necessary.

The civil war was already happening even before she was queen so it isn't actually her fault and it may have been instigated by Savage in the first place..

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  2. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Given the provable existence of hell in DC, maybe giving prisoners a chance of not going to eternal torture is a moral thing to do?

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Assuming most are smart enough to take the chance to redeem, which most aren't, even the intelligent ones like Luthor, who while he is an intelligent man is also extremely arrogant and deluded so he may think he doesn't have anything to redeem himself off.

4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

That was before the SI found out that Savage can regenerate from any bit of leftover DNA on the planet.

Cuchulin, Navi-Hank and Darko like this.
  5. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

Who said anything about changing behavior? In a world with numerous provable afterlives for various religions, and behavior subsets, you find the one that best rewards whatever behavior you're most willing to stomach, then pick that one.

RichardWhereat, Vorian and Darko like this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat did once say that behavior that would get you sent to Hell if you were Christian can get you a pat on the back from Odin if you worshiped him.

Still I don't see many of them submitting to a 'higher authority' because of their pride, especially Luthor.

Zoat is there a version of the SI that ended up on the JL: Gods and Monsters universe?

7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

The Renegade goes there eventually. I think I wrote a short segment about it.

8. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Here

9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Probably heard it in this universe

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wait until you see the Superman vs Lex Luthor presidential campaign.

Let's just say mass evacuations to Tamaran may have happened because Canada was Ground Zero for Supermans future plans.

It gives an excellent explanation on why Nabu didn't simply seek out a host among the Atlanteans.

Said reason being that he is racist against them.

The fact that they managed to make such a well connected universe with the various pieces of animated content is truly impressive.

And let's not forget Alfred, you stupid boy!:D

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Here's a bit of what happens.

Scarab: By the Reach, someone please identify the humanoid with the perfect rear!

Starfire: Friend Nightwing!

Scarab: Gratitude!

Also they gave us this:

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  12. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

While I’m certainly happy to see more of Ex-Slave Paul, I’m a bit confused as to how he’s already working with the good guys. Wasn’t he sort of considered a supervillain, albeit an unwilling one, because he kept having to attack Green Lanterns in order to charge his Anti-Green Power Ring?

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He seemed to come to an agreement with the League to help them until Superman came back and before Krona took him he was talking to Dick about League membership and why he woudln't be a good fit because he would keep on killing people.

Now it has been ten days since he was taken so he may have made contact with them again and now he doesn't need to kill people because the ring is making him.

He may still kill the worst ones, but not all criminals he meets.

He may not be a member of the League, but is just Kaznia's superhero who is working with the League on finding out who tried to kill Queen Audrey.

Ngamer11, Vorian, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  14. Albert Scoot

Albert Scoot Not too sore, are you?

Remember The Golden Rule. It's not gay when it's in a threeway. With a honey in the middle there's some leewylay.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ah yes, truly a rule the world should live with.

RichardWhereat and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Zig

Zig Not too sore, are you?

Justice League cartoon was released in 2001, it hasn't been 13 years in universe. It is possible it came out a different year but I felt like being pedantic

RichardWhereat likes this.
  17. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

A New God of Tyranny fits that universe quite well.

DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Darkseid was killed by Highfather in that universe.

It was one of the few instances where I think they showed him get the upper hand on Darkseid and showed why he is his equal aside from the battle they had in the n52 comics.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  19. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Did Highfather die?

There is this whole thing about Orion being the one who is supposed to kill Darkseid unless he doesn't exist there.

Xmaster3000 and Darko like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No, Highfather is alive.

Orion was raised by Darkseid in that universe and actually turned out to be pretty okay.

He was arranged to marry Bekka, who fell for him, but it was a ploy by Highfather to kill Darkseid.

During the fighting Orion was killed and Bekka left feeling betrayed.

The universe also has a good version of Lex Luthor who may have taken Metron's place if the chair and his quest for knowledge is any indication.

21. Lupercal

Lupercal Not too sore, are you?

On the other hand Paul is bi and probably wouldn't mind being the honey in the middle.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm sure Paul will be whatever his sexual partners will want him to be.

I mean after all he is a considerate lover. Just ask his Eros counterpart and the Eros version of Holly.

Zoat is paragon going to meet Power Girl anytime in your story?

Lupercal, RichardWhereat and Cuchulin like this.
  23. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

He's already met her. Power Girl in Young Justice is that one daughter of Zeus who went with them when they visited Themyscira.

Is what I thought, but actually clicking on the link I based this comment on marks her as Wonder Girl with no mention of Power Girl anywhere in the page.

Which is weird, since just googling it the google link specifically says she's Power Girl.

Xmaster3000, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If you mean Cassie Sandsmark then no, she was Wonder Girl in the comics.

I meant Power Girl as in the alternate universe version of Kara Zor El.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Power girl is adult Kara most of the time.

26. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

I know, but I don't keep up with every alternate universe and I haven't seen Young Justice so I googled who it was in the show and got this.
    [​IMG]
    That is very misleading but I corrected my post right away.

Xmaster3000, Ardy and Darko like this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey so I just discovered that Bendis may have added a Gold Lantern Corps in his Legion of Superheroes comic and that apparently their rings are charged by happines.

Think this version of Paul would fit in well with this Corps if he keeps up his happiness.

28. Mr Zoat

I have no plans for him to meet anyone called 'Power Girl'.

29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It's Bendis, it would be easier to figure out string theory then it would be to discover what he thinks is a good idea.

Speaking of the whole Power Girl thing, I noticed you only mentioned he wouldn't meet anyone called that name, so that could mean he would at least meet an alternate and older version of Kara, who like her Earth 16 counterpart decided not to engage in heroics, or did but chose a different name.

Vorian likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

I have a plan for the SI to meet Galatea.

c3qo, Bramble Thorn, Ngamer11 and 5 others like this.