1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

He is just a sociopath now, but we know he eventually starts to become a demigod like our Paragon Paul, I am going to guess the next upgrade will come when this Paul encounters this universe Dessad, he won't become Grayven because the circumstances will be very different, but he will use Dessad research to awaken himself and break his mortal limiters... I mean Zoat did say this Paul forays into mind controlling tyranny were something Darkseid had noticed.

So Tangseid slip into darkness starts with a potion that gives him minor super strength and endurance at the cost of his morality (reduced half of the light spectrum), but will continue as his lack of morality colors every new power up he picks up. Awakening by using Dessad research is probably the next step as it was for Renegade, and this will facilitate the others IE when he picks the eyes of that random God, one that grants mind control and the other that grants invulnerability, also we also know he is going to take the soul tattoo upgrade Paragon shared with all the Paul's during the Plutonian episode and take it to eleven and break his soul limiters even HARDER.

Cuchulin and Ngamer11 like this.
  2. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

urgh. do we really have to keep seeing more of the origin story of "serial corpse-fucker" paul, assuming this is the same character?
    i mean, we all know how its gonna end, and i doubt there'll be any really interesting/enjoyable details past the fetish level for people REALLY interested in mind rape/destruction of personality and technical-level necrophillia (i,e the owner of the body being dead, for all intents and purposes, and replaced with a purpose-designed sex-bot personality capable of superficially mimicking the original enough to fool people who know them only casually/professionally)>.<

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  3. Pez

Pez Spaceman

Typing up Wonder Woman to the Orange CPB with her Lasso or cutting off Klarion's head on live TV... Which is worse? I can honestly make arguments for both, but I'm leaning towards the Klarion one.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

My opinion is that destroying an accomplished and honourable heroine is far, far worse than killing a mass murdering sociopath.

Agreed.

I think the only real thing focusing on this guy that would be interesting is him being defeated.

Gantradies, anirocks, Vorian and 5 others like this.
  5. Pez

Pez Spaceman

He didn't really destroy destroy her, though. Just rewrote her personality. Unless it's stated otherwise, I'll still assume she's a hero, just one that actually enjoys and desires banging the MC. It's certianly bad, but is it worse than subjecting the entire world to seeing a child (albeit evil) having his head removed? Like I said, I see arguments for both, and as long as WW still is a champion for justice (even if she places the MC first), she's still doing (mostly) good.

Wetbananas and Cuchulin like this.
  6. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

...and with that description I realise that "Tangseid" here is basically a First Age Solar Exalt.

Complete with effects of the Great Curse...

erebus1994 likes this.
  7. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

We notice a differeance. so if one is this big, it must be for a reason.

We whine no enemies are a threat. We get Tangsied and reason to hate him and a villain who can be a real threat. (Blue LAntern was one of the biggest times it felt like Paragon was going to lose)

I for one am enjoying Tangsied far more then the 40k chapters. I really like this building of a villain who can be a threat, be everything wrong with he orange light (since one of like the only 3 things i really did not like was how larfleeze was handled), have bad Paul act on darker things we kind of wanted him to do in the back of our heads, and set up for the next Crisis.

NightmareWarden and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

You're thinking of some kind of future confrontation between Tangseid and one of the other versions, most likely paragon or renegade.

Well it wouldn't be the first time a fictional character has fought an extremist alternate counterpart of themselves, like the Justice Lords thing.

Flightless Man and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat, you forgot to add the dates above these links in the spoiler box section.

Above every link to a new chapter you also add the date of when the events in it are happening, but you forgot to do it with these.

Mr Zoat likes this.
  10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, I think that's all of them.

11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Or it could be because he has the divine mind controlling artifact Left Eye of Zoltec as shown here.

Cuchulin likes this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Nope, here are some more.

He already mentioned that.

13. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

So, Its a moot point, but I can't help but feel that Ol' Tangy's "Wholeness Rightly Assumed" Should purge whatever this compound is inside of him the first time he uses it. At least, that's how I see it it. As, that technique seems to return OL's body to its baseline ring induced perfection. Which, given that his mind is clearly being altered, I think should have happened.

Now, I know that said technique did not return OL's mind to its OG baseline. But I can't help but think that is more because Para-Paul's mind has slowly been altered by the orange light itself.

Beyond that, I also can't help but feel that Tangy should have just purged the compound himself long before now. Because he's clearly aware that something has happened, and now he's going around checking to see if whatever has happened is going to go horribly for him.

Honestly? Once you have those thoughts, it's really time to return to a baseline state, and head back to formula. I know he really doesn't have the drive to do that. But its literally the only rational/scientific response.

Every time I see somehow downplaying what he did to Diana, I feel like they are a person I should keep an eye on in real life. With my hand also on my knife or baton.

Because its not even a contest.

Turning Diana into his own personal cock-puppet is beyond fucked....and I'm honestly surprised her patron Goddess' haven't noticed and started raining hell down upon him. I can see Ol' Tangy, striped of his ring, enduring some Prometheus time.

And after the Pigeon of War we know that anything Divine pretty much fucks a Paul pretty hard.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Wholeness thing may not have worked because Tangseid no longer sees himself as the guy he was before he took the serum, or he never used that technique.

I think he also needs to want to do that and it's not an automated process.

He's also not a scientist or all that rational at the moment.

As for how the Olympians may not have noticed Diana's situation, well Tangseid also managed to enslave Circe and assimilated Nabu, so he has two powerful, godlike magic users to potentially help him hide his deed.

Cuchulin likes this.
  15. Maxx Crowley

For myself, I've always been under the impression that it's just a snap back to the healthy Paul template saved within the ring.

Eh....I don't know. It sure seems like a ring command to me. Like, remember when Jade drugged OL? M'gann got him to say the command, and it kicked in...and he was pissed.

Yet he is still rational enough to see that something is off, and is actively investigating it. At that point, I feel its almost out of character either way for him not to just purge the whole thing. If its all for nothing...he can always reapply. I dunno...I feel he's being influenced by narrativium. Which...considering the setting, might actually BE a thing.

For how close I've always believed Diana to be with her patrons, especially Hera and Athena, I'm sceptical.

If anything else, she couldn't go back to Amazon Island. They'd notice.

Gantradies, Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

But somehow didn't make the connection between Tangseid having a divine artifact and that artifact having an effect on the development of his soul, despite Sybarite gaining a demon soul from munching demons.

Making the suggestion that he somehow made himself a New God redundant.

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

No because as Grayven pointed out there is a will in those eyes they aren't just equipment. If Tangseid is using them without being influenced then he has to have been awakened first to avoid being influenced. Also the guy that implanted the eye in his torso didn't become a demigod and went back to normal human after the eye was removed.

In short I believe the order of factors does have an effect on the results of the operation.

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Pez

Pez Spaceman

I'm not downplaying it at all. I don't know the full extent of what he did to Diana, so until told otherwise, I'm just going to assume that he changed her personality to put his needs/desires first, but is still using the JL to fulfill their original mandate of protecting the Earth (because that's what this Ol' Tangy wants). I'm under no delusion that Tangy is bad. I was just comparing a single act (rewriting Diana's personality vs beheading an evil Chaos Lord child on live television).

If Tangy's victim was different, say, Poison Ivy or Queen Bee, would your opinion change?

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Maxx Crowley

Not really, no.

Gantradies likes this.
  20. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

He might just have updated his save file to post serum. After all OL doesn't reset all the tattoo's he's gotten, and he didn't have those on his skin when he first 'perfected' himself.

Multiple saves might come in handy. But I assume there might be some down sides to save scumming your biology.

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  21. Flightless Man

Flightless Man Versed in the lewd.

Yeah, and especially since we already had Crime Syndicate BL Paul, The earlier crisis and i think another time OL or gravyen have dealt with paralels.

Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Renegade did deal with another version of the actual Grayven.

Flightless Man and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Threadmarks: Back Seat (part 7)
    Mr Zoat

5th July 2012
    10:23 GMT -6

Henry nods as another lawyer joins the huddle of interested parties.

"Phillip."

The lawyer nods back.

"Henry."

"The Doctor's.. been filling me in on Missus Salinas' condition. I don't think I'll have any trouble getting a reading." He smiles like a stage salesman. "And since we've all been here before, I doubt that anyone has any questions… Phillip?"

"Yeah, I kinda do. My client's been on at me to try and get another telepath, due to your relationship with the-" He gestures to the other lawyer. "-opposition."

Henry shrugs.

"My relationship isn't really relevant. You're splitting the fee. And if you want to hire another telepath then you can go right ahead; I'm always happy to meet people I can trade information with."

"There aren't any others in the state."

"There are a handful of telepaths who can do this sort of work in the country. And the only two I'd actually give a reference for are both Martians."

'Phillip' looks at me. "What about him?"

Henry shakes his head. "Orange Lantern is an unusually precise empath. He could tell you what early memories made her the woman she is, but he can't tell you what she saw right before she received her injuries."

I nod. "Even if I could see something, it would be so heavily connected with related emotional responses that I couldn't be sure about whether what I saw was actually what happened."

Phillip shrugs. "And her injuries?"

"Not the first time I've tried reading someone in a coma. If I can't get a clear reading then I can't get a clear reading. You wanna check, you can. I'm not stopping anyone, and nothing I'm doing will make it harder."

"And, ah…" Phillip looks me over. "What exactly are you doing here?"

"I wanted to speak to Henry about a long term contract, and obviously he had to discharge his prior obligation first. And of course if I do see something useful, I'll report it."

"Do you need to be in the room?"

"Not really. I'm happy to wait outside, if you.. don't want me in there."

He shrugs. "It's a small room. Two lawyers, a doctor, a nurse and Henry…"

I nod. "Understood."

Henry looks around the group. "Alright, shall we?"

The group heads down the corridor, Henry bringing up the rear. I fall in next to him.

"What's this about?"

He shrugs. "Well, I won't know what it's actually about until I get a look at Missus Salinas' memories. The legal action was pretty low key. Ah… A combination noise and boundary complaint. Right up until Missus Salinas was severely beaten and wound up here."

"So why aren't you here on the behalf of the police?"

"What, you thought the law relating to telepathic evidence was more helpful than the law relating to magic evidence? Come on, Paul."

"But even hearsay they can use to direct an investigation."

"And once they've spend a day or two pretending not to, they probably will. But at the moment I've been called in in relation to the adjacent civil suit. You do a lot of civil work?"

"Not since the eyes and cake thing. Though I did get called in as a witness after someone sued over an injury I healed and the judge wanted me to confirm the extent of the injury."

"Um." He leans in a little. "I don't suppose you can do something like that here, can you?"

"For a woman I've never met? The best I can do is give them the number for Doctor Sivana's purple healing ray trial."

"That thing? I remember Lyta using one a couple of times. Does it even work on traumatic brain injuries?"

"Why did you think it was called a 'trial'?"

He smiles ruefully.

"Fair point. So tell me more about this Mars thing."

"Martians have a three tier caste system based on skin colour. Last year I provided fairly overwhelming evidence that the colour was the result of Guardian biological engineering rather than some sort of celestial diktat, but unfortunately racism isn't about rationality. At least one city is devoted to a frankly off-putting degree to the status quo, and while I didn't get a chance to meet everyone, I got the very clear impression from the government that the top and middle castes are happy with the way things are."

"And how exactly am I going to help with that?"

"You're going to train the uneducated bottom caste members I help leave. You're already familiar with Martian thought processes-"

We enter the corridor with Missus Salinas' room.

"-due to training M'gann, though these recruits won't be as powerful."

"I've never taught a whole class before. How many people are we talking about?"

"I'm hoping to get a few moderate top caste Martians as well, and they can do some of the training. But we're talking hundreds."

"Hundreds?"

"Hundreds who've been using telepathy for their entire lives and are used to working in a low level telepathic communion at all times. Do a demonstration and they'll all see it from the perspective of both participants."

"How much am I getting paid for this?"

"How much do you want to get paid for this? I was going to index link it to a military academy instructor, with a percentage to take into account the rarity of your skill set. Final negotiations would be up to Supreme Commander Dox."

"And I'd be living..?"

"The L.E.G.I.O.N. ships have teleporters, so while the Martians are based here you can live wherever you're living now. Once we head back to Maltus… It would be most convenient if you could move there."

"Moving to an alien world." He smiles. "If I was in my thirties I'd jump at the chance."

"And now?"

"I don't know. You know… Infinity Inc. never really hit it big. No World War, we weren't interested in fighting the Cold War… Never got the kind of press coverage teams get these days. Ever since we met up the first time I've had a hankering to get back into it." He pats his stomach, which is appreciably flatter than it was when we first met. "My dietician approves, but the fact is I'm not as young as I used to be. Moving off-world?"

I nod.

"That, I'll have to think about."

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

an

Will continue.

25. Mr Zoat

I can't tell which instance of 'Elsewhen' you're referring to, but 'thank you, corrected' on the rest.

26. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The second one should have '2nd October 2004' over it.

28. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]

29. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

delete "they're"
    a -> I

30. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

De-aging Henry should be something Paragon is able and motivated to do (honestly I think healing the comatose woman, if framed as 'facilitating me getting Henry available sooner', is also feasible).