1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A True Lady's Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] "Of course, Father." Wait, some stranger is just going to up and move into our house? >_< Father, this is one of those things you need to give me more than two weeks' notice on! How am I supposed to get us into an appropriate state to receive in a fortnight? How am I supposed to pull together a cohesive list of The Rules?

2. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] "Of course, Father." Ugh, does it have to be a boy? You get enough of those at school. -_-

3. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X] "Of course, Father." Wait, some stranger is just going to up and move into our house? >_< Father, this is one of those things you need to give me more than two weeks' notice on! How am I supposed to get us into an appropriate state to receive in a fortnight? How am I supposed to pull together a cohesive list of The Rules

4. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

>Make Dio your pet
    > He throws himself in the furnace so you can suffer.

5. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

And with this, we leave character-creation and move on to the plot.

[X] The Golden Beast Invades

Somehow, through some miracle, you manage to get everything prepared in time. The staff grumbled about you working alongside them and actually complained to Father about you drafting Del to help out, but even they were forced to admit that, alone, they couldn't get every guest room prepared in time. You don't see why there was such resentment over the request; why shouldn't he have a proper choice about which room he gets? He's a poor waif from the streets of London, he's probably going to be impressed and want to see every room before he decides. The Joestars have a long tradition of being accommodating hosts.

In addition to a domestic overhaul, you also find time to arrange for riding lessons, fittings with a reputable London tailor, and get a very discreet elocution teacher on standby, just in case. Father made this boy your responsibility, and you won't have any pet friend of yours made a laughingstock by those morlocks at school.

Dio Brando arrives on a sunlit afternoon with a single suitcase. You're pleased to see his attire is perfectly suitable and his pronunciation impeccable. Maybe this will be easier than you thought!

Father, after ordering the staff to treat Dio as a young master even as you're the young mistress, lays a hand on your shoulder and squeezes. "Joanna, may I present Master Dio Brando? Dio, this is my daughter, Miss Joanna Joestar."

"How do you do?" the pair of you murmur as one, shaking hands.

"I hope you will find all is to your liking, Master Brando," you say. "If there's anything of which you have need, do not hesitate to ask."

"You are too kind, Miss Joestar," Dio replies with a smile.

"Oh, none of that!" Father says with a lighthearted scoff. "We don't stand on ceremony here." Wait, we don't?! "The two of you will be good friends, I hope."

"I'm sure we will be, Father," you say, and, turning back to Dio, add, "You may call me Jojo if you like. Everyone does." Well, everyone who doesn't call you unprintable things, anyway.

"Very well... Jojo."

... you can't quite put your finger on it, but there's something odd about how he says the name. When Del or Father call you Jojo, there's a kind of cheerful bounce to the syllables, like a dog in a circus leaping through hoops.

Dio... you can't tell if he's just amused by the nickname or if he's outright poking fun at you.

You are

[X] Indifferent. He's in no position to be commenting on peoples' names.

[X] Equally amused. You know the name's a little silly, but what can you do? Nicknames just sort of happen. Hey, let's give Dio one! (Write-In)

[X] Indignant. You won't show it, but this fellow annoys you. You worked very hard to see to it the house was ready for him and now he makes fun of your Father's pet name for you? How ungallant!

6. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

[X] Equally amused. You know the name's a little silly, but what can you do? Nicknames just sort of happen. Hey, let's give Dio one! (Marlon?)

I dunno, I suck at nicknames...

7. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

8. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[X] Equally amused. You know the name's a little silly, but what can you do? Nicknames just sort of happen. Hey, let's give Dio one! (Brandy)
    Best nickname I could think of, if someone who knows the series better comes up with an appropriate one I'll support it.

9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Equally amused. You know the name's a little silly, but what can you do? Nicknames just sort of happen. Hey, let's give Dio one! (Brandy)

10. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

11. FurikoMaru

12. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

13. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Am amused by the combat section commentry...

14. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

So very amused, indeed.

15. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

16. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

17. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

(x) Amused. The provincial thinks he can make fun of you! That's adorable. You just want to pinch his cheeks. You refrain, of course.

18. FurikoMaru

I'm sure you are all

"And I'll call you..." You look him up and down for a moment, before cheerfully saying, "Brandy!"

He looks somewhat taken aback. "Brandy?"

"Yes! Brandy." You nod with approval at your own cleverness. "After your surname, and the colour of your eyes. They're the exact shade of dark liquor."

"Ah, I see," Dio replies, smiling. "I've never had a nickname before. Thank you, Jojo."

That time he says it right.

=

If it's even possible, Dio has better table manners than you do. And he makes such thoughtful and insightful comments about the things you and Father discuss! If this is what having a brother is like you don't know what Del's complaining about.

After dinner, you retire to your room to read, relax, and write up a to-do list for tomorrow. Right, first you need to cancel that appointment with Dr Byrne - Dio could not have more perfect diction - and have Rocky bring the carriage around so the pair of you can visit the tailor; you hate to think of the poor boy having to live out of a suitcase that small. Better he be fitted over the weekend and receive his new wardrobe as soon as possible. Now, he hasn't attended a decent school before, so Mr Harrison is coming by on Sunday to test his aptitude so they know where to place him, which means you need to send Belle out to fetch some whiskey to thank him for giving up his day off-

The door of your room opens, and Dio enters.

[X] What on earth? Does he think just because he's living here he can wander into other people's rooms? >: < Bad Brandy!

[X] You are terribly embarrassed. No one outside of the household has ever seen you in your pyjamas before. ._.;

19. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X] What on earth? Does he think just because he's living here he can wander into other people's rooms? >: < Bad Brandy!
    -[X] He hasn't heard of knocking? /Sigh. How disappointing, he'll need to be taught manners after all. Tell him his lessons in this subject start tomorrow.

20. Guile

(x) He can see your bare ankles! How scandalous. Still, he is your new brother analogue, and a Londoner. Allowances can be made. Perhaps this is even how things are done in the city? You can't say you care for it.

21. FurikoMaru

XD Dude, you're in the countryside. Dio is a London street arab and you're of the country gentry.

22. Guile

... Huh. Right you are.

How embarrassing. In my defense, I mostly skipped over the first season of Jojo.

Though the OP and ED are some of my favorites anywhere,

23. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

-[X] There is this thing called knocking you should introduce to him.

24. Crypsis

Crypsis Getting sticky.

"Oh, so that's what the combat stats are for!" Wait, no. Restraint.

25. Aranfan

-[X] He hasn't heard of knocking? /Sigh. How disappointing, he'll need to be taught manners after all. Tell him his lessons in this subject start tomorrow.

26. croaker

croaker Contract? I'll let you pet mah belly.

So, we gave hhim a nickname from liquor, keeping in mind that he hates his alcoholic dad.

Huh.

27. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

28. Guile

Maybe he's lost.

29. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

Mmm, good point. This is could be an honest misunderstanding on his part, and not the start of some sort of subtle psychological campaign, but we should be strong about this anyway. Dio will walk all over a anything resembling a humble blushing wallflower. We have to be strong.

After all, only one of us can wear the pants in this relationship, and if I have my way Dio won't ever be wearing p-

Oh my, that metaphor got away from me a little there.

30. Aranfan

Alternately, he's here to attempt to make us into the Sakura to his Shinji.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014