1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A True Lady's Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[X] Something strange happens.

For the same reason as Torgamous

2. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Something strange happens.

3. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Someone be so kind as to roll a d6.

4. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6[/blockquote]

5. FurikoMaru

Goddamn, you kids have the luck of the Irish.

6. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

NOOOO! Our potatoes!

7. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

So we have a bad Stand or a good one?

8. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

If it's not a bad stand, then we probably just accidently the whole room.

Then passed out from the strain in front of Dio.

Plus: we would now have Dio's attention.

Minus: we would be alone and unconscious in a room with Dio, who is now interested.

9. FurikoMaru

[X] When there's somethin' strange, in your neighbourhood... who ya gonna call?

As you glare into those liquor-coloured eyes, one question circles in your mind: Who does this boy think he is?!

It becomes almost a mantra, building in power as your rage and confusion and pain increase, until-

- you weep, staring at the fire, your eye already starting to bruise where that scum hit it. You try to snatch the dress from the flames, but all you get for your trouble are burned fingers.

"Who cares about some dead broad's clothes?!"

A woman's beautiful face, with its tired eyes, swims before you. She laughs with delight as you frown at a chess board, considering your next move; she sings you to sleep as she watches the clock, both of you knowing she'll shortly have to leave for her second job; she gratefully holds the ice you stole for her to her swollen, cut lip, and tells you not to disrespect your father as she washes his clothes with her other hand; she strokes your hair as you read to her, her arm trembling from the effort, her face pale and sticky with sweat...

If you never leave here, one day it will be you whose clothes are thrown in the fire.

- you blink, and are left very confused.

Dio's no longer holding your wrists. He's on the floor, and his hands - oh, god, they're bleeding!

[X] Rule of Steel Noblesse oblige. Whatever happened, it happened in your room, and this goes way beyond justifiable retaliation. Let's get those wounds treated right away. You pull out your first aid kit and get to work.

[X] "If you're going to bleed, do it on someone else's carpet." Kick him out and lock the door behind you.

----------

Irish luck. You can do the impossible, which means the gods up the difficulty curve to make your story more awesome. And now you know why being Lancer is suffering.

ZurigaSungama likes this.
  10. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Rule of Steel Noblesse oblige. Whatever happened, it happened in your room, and this goes way beyond justifiable retaliation. Let's get those wounds treated right away. You pull out your first aid kit and get to work.

I really, really want to be a bitch but I feel like that would lead to rather unpleasant consequences. I could be wrong.

11. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

12. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

(x) Noblesse oblige. Oh dear, that was entirely excessive, whatever that was.
    Let's hope he only has the wrist injury, because taking off his clothes is something we'd need a servant for.

13. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

14. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Some might consider this fair and proper retaliation for being user.

[x]Noblesse oblige.

15. Aranfan

Aranfan Not too sore, are you?

So, what, did our stand intervene?

16. FurikoMaru

[X] Pride of Lions

"Good lord!" you exclaim, crouching beside Dio and reaching for his hands to examine them.

He swats your hand aside, inadvertently smearing his blood on your fingers. "Get away from me, you witch!" he snarls.

"Would you rather I left your wounds alone and let them get infected?" you demand, grabbing your handkerchief from the desk and wiping off your hand.

"I can tend to them myself," he retorts, leaping to his feet.

Is it just you, or does he look... well, of course he looks angry, but moreover he looks frightened.

What in God's name did you do?

"Don't be ridiculous!" you insist, grabbing the hem of his coat to keep him from leaving. "How are you going to properly bandage yourself with your fingers in that state?"

"I don't believe I'll have to," he replies coldly. "If I call for a doctor and speak to your father about this, what will you be able to tell him that he'll believe?"

Oh, so it's time for this game, is it? A small part of you points out that at least he's better at it than most of the girls at school. At least in this case there's a decent chance you might actually get punished if Father finds out.

"It's not what I'll say to him that you should concern yourself with, but what he'll say to you," you say dryly. "I imagine 'what were you doing in my daughter's bedroom, young man' is where it will begin. As for where it will end, it would perhaps interest you to know that Father was captain of the Boxing Team at Hugh Hudson for his last four years there."

He growls low in his throat, but doesn't say anything. Aww, done so soon? Well, perhaps you shouldn't complain about winning. It tempts the gods.

"I have a small medical kit under my bed," you continue primly, "very modern. We'll have you cleaned up in no time. Have a seat."

Luckily you happen to have a copy of yesterday's newspaper still on hand. You spread part of it across Dio's lap, and lay the rest over the blood in the carpet. You'll see to that after the source of the bleeding is dealt with.

His injuries are not like any you could have imagined. There are a few scratches, which you suppose could have come from your nails, but the most serious wounds look as though some wild animal has sunk its teeth into his flesh.

Thankfully none of them will require stitches, though you can't be sure he won't have a scar.

He's a terrible patient; lots of hissing and twitching when you apply the antiseptic, sullen 'yes' and 'no' answers, protests at your bandaging technique, and the occasional sigh as though he's doing you a favour.

"... why the devil do you have a medical kit under your bed, anyway?" he asks eventually, sounding annoyed at the convenience.

[X] Evasive. "I'm an equestrienne. It's handy to have bandages and things already on hand should I be laid up with a broken ankle, or somesuch."

[X] Imperious. "I would be a pretty poor queen if I didn't know how to tend to my vassals' health."

[X] Brutally honest to shut him back up. "When I was eight my best friend died from a fever she and I contracted from a seemingly minor pair of injuries. This keeps such a thing from happening again."

17. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Brutally honest to shut him back up. "When I was eight my best friend died from a fever she and I contracted from a seemingly minor pair of injuries. This keeps such a thing from happening again."

18. Biigoh

19. FurikoMaru

In case you fine people haven't seen it yet:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEzDZMt8ydw[/embed]

And of course, can't neglect Antfish. Dude seriously needs more love.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yspCTWg4LMU[/embed]

20. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

I love Antfish! I do think its hilarious that Young!Dio has the same voice as he does in the Jojo 3 abridging, though.

I like the brutally honest approach, but don't you guys think that'll lead to questions about the arrow? I don't know why dad had it, but we do not want Dio to get it. On the other hand, Stand Dio isn't Vampire Dio... yeah, argument retracted.

[X] Brutally honest to shut him back up. "When I was eight my best friend died from a fever she and I contracted from a seemingly minor pair of injuries. I like to be prepared."

21. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

22. Aranfan

23. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

24. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

25. FurikoMaru

Dio is silent for a moment at that. Then, in a softer tone than before, he says, "... forgive me."

You look up from your work in surprise, and his words come in a flood. "I have been a cad, Jojo," he confesses. "From the moment we met I was certain you were just a pampered little tyrant, a Napoleon in petticoats. And I admit, because of that, I wanted to tease you a bit. But this," he rests a hand on the medicine chest, "tells me a different story. A woman who would keep such a thing close at hand, and help others in remembrance of her friend... is someone I could proudly call my sister." Dio stares into your eyes. "I am truly sorry for having misjudged you."

[X] Accept the apology. Neither of you have really shown your best sides in this, and only one of you came out of this encounter bleeding.

[X] Decline the apology. He's right, he has been a cad, if that's what he's been thinking of you. Don't forgive him until he's jumped through enough hoops. Be civil, naturally, but do not budge an inch until you are satisfied he really has changed his mind about you.

26. Biigoh

[X] Accept the apology. Neither of you have really shown your best sides in this, and only one of you came out of this encounter bleeding.

27. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

28. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

29. Aranfan

I trust nothing Dio says that I cannot independently confirm.

[X] Decline the apology. He's right, he has been a cad, if that's what he's been thinking of you. Don't forgive him until he's jumped through enough hoops. Be civil, naturally, but do not budge an inch until you are satisfied he really has changed his mind about you.

30. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?