1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone from QQ wake up as their Avatar, what's the first thing we do in real life?

Discussion in 'General' started by SailorPizza, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Well yeah you would still prefer some distant relative over a total stranger simply because they are likely to have some clue about the job etc.. and the blood relation gives some more legitimacy. There was talk about changing the Japanese Imperial family into male-female inheritance instead of pure male when it looked like no male heir would be born after all.

But I was talking about an extraordinary situation where every relative is dead somehow or etc.. in that case raising a heir from childhood may be for the best. I guess an alternative may be adopting someone from a powerful noble house and making them an heir, but that could lead to even more problems. It is all rather problematic..

It is certainly an interesting scenario, a lot of it depends on who exactly the king is. Does he care about the long-term existence of the kingdom or is more "meh" on it. Does he love his kids/heirs or are they just some people he is related to?

Some would just say screw it and split the kingdom among the heirs if everyone has equal hold and enough support to make succession a pain if they are ignored. This of course depends on how powerful the king is vs. how popular the heirs are etc..

This is a rather guess-heavy thing with so little information on the realm. Like, we don't even know how important it is to get a heir decision going. Is the king super old and expects to die any day now? Or does the curse include a death clause if it isn't removed within X-days? Or is rule temporary to X-years like some variation of the Holy Roman Empire? Are there other nations with rulers who have a claim on the throne and who could get support for an invasion if no heir is found etc...

TRm and Widowmaker like this.
  2. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Presumably he's at least a little upset about the part where he'll never be able to have another orgasm in his life, so if nothing else he'd probably want to identify the guilty party for a "thorough interrogation." Other than that... let's go with the basic assumption that he happens to enjoy his position, and like most people want to leave behind a legacy.

And if he already had kids, the curse wouldn't really be useful, so we can write that possibility off.

I would imagine a scenario where splitting the kingdom all but guarantees that neighboring kingdoms would be able to carve them up like a turkey. Not that this would be enough to stop that event (certainly happened often enough through Iberian, Germanic, and Chinese history), but it would mean that there's a certain impetus to identify the perpetrator to, if nothing else, exonerate one of the heirs in line and stabilize the realm with a good ol' fashioned public bonfire and execution.

Nothing says 'don't rock the boat' quite like the crackling of flames and screams of those who fucked up.

Probably not- otherwise, I'd need explanations why an heir wasn't popped out decades ago.

No... death curses have the annoying side effect of just letting the king die and then bringing him back from the dead. Healing and resurrection magic is fun like that. Its main limitation being that it can't stop or reverse old age related ailments and/or deaths. Also, resurrections don't come cheap, but that's not likely to be the bottleneck resource for a king.

Once again, that kinda renders a plot to cut off a line by curse irrelevant at best, so we can dismiss that possibility.

That or rulers of other nations who don't have a claim on said throne, but do have support for an invasion if a neighboring nation looks weak enough. I mean, how many times have France, Britain, Spain, and Germany gone to war with one another for no other reason than being sore losers over the last war?

3. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Not necessarily, an Elective Monarchy can still be bound to a specific family, either by law or heavily continued tradition. I.e. that is apparently how it was for example for the Danish Monarchy for quite a while, and if Wikipedia is right, there was a war started over Bohemia exercising its right to declare someone other than the Habsburg as king of the nation. So even if it is theoretically within the lawful right of the people to put up someone else, it could start a further conflict etc.. imagine a noble vote which put a member of the noble family X on the throne, but Noble family Y sees this as a danger and then we got a War of the Roses equivalent going on.

A lack of heir on its own generally doesn't mean the military power is lousy enough that you can make a war just for shit's n giggles. Most nobles and their armies will still want to defend the land if only because they have their thing going and don't want the land to get ravaged by the other nation etc... And because wars are freaking expensive and unless resistance is really weak and you can expect huge loot, that shit can really backfire badly and lead to recession and stuff.

Though I guess you could always have the other ruler be a particularly war obsessed guy who isn't into being too careful etc.. It would be far from the first time in history someone thought "this war is gonna be easy, and we will get all the riches" and found out that no, that isn't actually the case.

Winged One and TanaNari like this.
  4. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Point for historical reference, but if it were a situation like that, then it's effectively a standard monarchy pretending to be pseudo-elective. So it slides back into the 'dismissed' camp.

True- but if the realm is destabilized by internal conflicts (which a messy succession can certainly cause)... then that presumably weakens the military. Potentially in terms of actual troop power and equipment, but probably more in terms of loyalty to the guys ordering them to take up arms.

Especially if the nation ends up splitting itself in half with each secondary heir taking a patch.

Also- keep in mind that the story would be taking place *before* there's a need for succession. What will happen is a very different beast than what the powers that be fear might happen.

Heaven Canceler and Widowmaker like this.
  5. shinkicker444

shinkicker444 Know what you're doing yet?

I am a Battleship. Probably go look to getting a well deserved retrofit. Attempt to look adorable. Probably flick a bean. Shoot the guns at something. Not necessarily in that order.

ReaperF and TanaNari like this.
  6. HeavenlyPrometheus

HeavenlyPrometheus I AM BRIGHT PINK

I am just saying, my avatar is the titan of humanity

7. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

So... sit around chained to a rock while birds eat your liver?

Winged One and Vorian like this.
  8. HeavenlyPrometheus

Bit later than that

9. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

So... regrowing your liver so that the birds can eat it again, tomorrow?

ReaperF and Keksimus like this.
  10. HeavenlyPrometheus

After rescue by Heracles

High Lord Azal likes this.
  11. Speckled Burd

Speckled Burd Studious Elf

I guess I'd grope myself while lamenting that I now have to wear glasses.

Widowmaker, Nickballas and TanaNari like this.
  12. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

If you'd like I'll grope you for you.

Oppai meganekko elf girl...

That's like my Fetish Inception.

13. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Probably bitch about the lack of hair between my legs. Also the fact I'm a redhead now.

Go into art, as I'm now probably the best sculptor in the world.

TanaNari likes this.
  14. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

Kick your fucking ass.

15. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

Seems like fairly petty annoyances all things considered. Plus, art.

Ddmkm122 and Widowmaker like this.
  16. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Petty annoyances? How so?

And yeah, art's good. I never got the artistic talents my sister did. Now I'd be better by far.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  17. MadGreenSon

Being a redhead is fixable and if you just can't grow hair between your legs for whatever reason, I'm sure you'll adapt quickly. So yes, entirely petty.

18. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Elf, no hair other than that on my head.

Is squatting to piss a petty annoyance?:p

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  19. MadGreenSon

Which type of elf has that specified in their flavor text?
    Hey, you can pee without squatting as long as you're willing to deal with the consequences. :p

20. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

The only body hair ever mentioned for Tolkien elves is the fact that only male elves can grow beards and even then it's super damn rare. And a sign of strong elvish blood is basically being hairless in general aside from that which rests upon the head. Which contrasts with Dwarves, where even the women basically look and sound like their men.

Bah. I should have specified a "I can't comfortably and without consequence piss standing up".;p Is that a petty annoyance? I mean, my bf seems to think it is.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  21. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Well, given that elves have lifespans measured in centuries, if not outright immortality... I'd give many, many things for eternal youth. My penis is one of them.

In some settings, elves and fae in general are more like insects and/or plants than they are mammals.

Standing up to pee vs never having to fear cancer, or heart disease, or dementia, or arthritis, or... eh, I'm sure you get the idea. It seems like one of the easiest decisions ever. If I really miss peeing while standing that bad, I'm sure I can wear a diaper. Sure beats being forced to wear one because my sphincter muscles no longer work properly.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Ddmkm122, Vorian and Widowmaker like this.
  22. MadGreenSon

Eh. Squatting or standing, taking a piss is hardly the most dignified endeavor. It may or may not be petty, but compared to elven lifespan, you'll get over it quickly.

Same. Immortality is a pretty long time to get over shit.

Ddmkm122, Vorian and Widowmaker like this.
  23. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Eternally in my late twenties/early thirties. Probably a downside would simply be how spiritually exhausting it is to have kids, so I'd be very limited in that respect.
    Also recovering from injury faster, and being able to withstand and recover from wounds that would kill a human (within reason).

I guess so? You mean "what is a few years to life eternal", right?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  24. MadGreenSon

Yes. A few years to get used to squatting while peeing vs living forever. Sounds like a bargain.

25. Widowmaker

Widowmaker High Queen

Worst part would be seeing my loved ones die around me and then barely knowing them past my siblings' grandkids.

Significantly worse and more valid than pissing issues I suppose.

Ddmkm122 and Vorian like this.
  26. Psyckosama

Psyckosama Connoisseur.

Elf Redhead. More of my fetishes combined...

So getting Punched? ;)

Ddmkm122, Widowmaker and Vorian like this.
  27. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Yeah, but whenever you get sick of it, there's always the suicide booth.

One of those luxuries that come from choosing your own time to go rather than wait for nature to do it for you.

28. Speckled Burd

Speckled Burd Studious Elf

If you're Saitama you'd crush me like a grape.

Ddmkm122 and Malcanthet like this.
  29. MadGreenSon

Nah. Saitama never hurts anyone or anything he doesn't want to.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  30. TanaNari

TanaNari Verified Dick

Well, except for buildings, bigger buildings, cities, mountain ranges, and the like.

The dude has more collateral damage than anything witnessed on Earth since the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Ddmkm122 and Vorian like this.