1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Est Imperare Orbi Universo (Dio Quest)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Nov 18, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Vote, m'darlin'! I need a tie breaker, unless I've miscounted.

sassafras, Cu Roi and EvaUnit01 like this.
  2. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

Then I guess I'll go with
    [X] The castle. The walkway between the two turrets is already warming up in the sunlight...

Nice balance between sun and the fanciest place to look down on people from. As one of the great bards of our time said, 'First the riches, then the bitches.'

Dio likes this.
  3. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Dunno what to vote for, apart from any option that OBVIOUSLY marks the Gai/Lee team as a new generation of Joestars...

And even if Rock Lee is say; a fuzzy reincarnation of Jonathan, it'd probably result in interesting times... And if Dio ever found out that Lee's a Jojo... Well, we'd have an IC excuse to consider murder. :p

4. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

[X] The jungle gym, the highest point, so you may survey the area.

[X]No JoJo.

5. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] The castle. The walkway between the two turrets is already warming up in the sunlight...

[X] No JoJo.

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] No JoJo.

Dio likes this.
  7. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] No JoJo.

8. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I'd prefer no jojo, just to be a completely OCP to everyone.

also,

[X] jungle gym

Dio likes this.
  9. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] The shadowy and underused 'playhouse' underneath. You're curious to know what that boy is staring at.

10. FurikoMaru

:(

All these no Jojos... I was so excited.

It's not like I was going to drop Jotaro on you!

Fuck it. I'm doing it. Either trust me or find a quest more to your taste.

sassafras, Cu Roi and EvaUnit01 like this.
  11. Alexander

Jotaro is the only JoJo that can beat Dio. Like, literally: anti-time stop and all that. Go ahead: it's time for the Brando family to resolve their grudge against the Joestar family.

Yes, this mean I will still follow this quest.

Dio likes this.
  12. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

13. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

"No JoJo" just rolls off the tongue sp much better than "Yes JoJo." Maybe if you'd made it a choice between "No JoJo" and "Go JoJo"?

Cu Roi likes this.
  14. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

"I asked you if you wanted X, but since you unanimously voted against it, i'm going to do it anyway, HAHAHA!"

in all seriousness though, my nojojo was mostly because I don't know the setting.

working out what one character can do (Dio) is going to be ok, trying to predict what moves our rival may or may not have picked up?

tricky.

regardless, do as you like, s'your quest, after all.

hell, there was a female jojo, right?

make it her, just for kicks.

15. FurikoMaru

Bullshit. Everyone who voted [X]-style voted no, but the majority of people who just plain stated their preference said they wanted a Jojo. That's why I went to bed last night planning for Jojo-related stuff.

sassafras and EvaUnit01 like this.
  16. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

really? eh, at first it was a "well you voted for X" but then I actually did a quick check of the votes, guess I only spotted the [X] ones.

I suppose the "only [X] counts as a vote" rule, really only counts for quest actions, right? not meta stuff?

doesn't really matter, it was a joke anyway.

17. FurikoMaru

I never can tell with you.

EvaUnit01 likes this.
  18. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

...really?

it should be pretty easy, i know how hard sarcasm is to detect on the internet, so I almost always end my jokes with something like "in all seriousness though..." or "jokes aside..."

...unless that was actually sarcasm, and you were commenting on my predictability on doing exactly that...

[img width=600 height=449]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855[/img]

19. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Joana Freya Joestar
    :)

20. FurikoMaru

Aw, bless your heart. :3

EvaUnit01 likes this.
  21. FurikoMaru

[X] Into the sun we climb

What better place than a castle for a king?

Raccoon hangs back, as she always does; you climb the ladder up to the turret by yourself. You could attempt to merely jump to the platform, of course, but the physical parameters of your Stand are difficult to control in your current condition; anything short of maximum force is a strain to accomplish. You don't want to overshoot your mark and land on the long-haired boy over on the slide. Or on the roof of the building across the street, for that matter.

The sky is bright with white fluffy clouds as you step out onto the walkway. The chill wind blows through your golden hair and makes you pull your jacket more tightly around you. Mentally, you curse. All the advantages of being a vampire are denied you now, and you hate being reminded of it.

At least the sun is warm.

[X] Lean against the railing into that warmth and go over your plan, as it stands.
    -> [X] What is your plan, by the way?

[X] Meditate. You need to get The World's less esoteric abilities back online as quickly as possible. Sheer force of will is what built and maintained your link to Jonathan's body until you made it your own, and you're certain it will help here. Um, Dio, I don't think that's how meditation works.

[X] Exercise. You can walk, now relearn how to run. You can start with the straight line of the walkway and work your way up from there.

22. Alexander

[X] Meditate. You need to get The World's less esoteric abilities back online as quickly as possible. Sheer force of will is what built and maintained your link to Jonathan's body until you made it your own, and you're certain it will help here.

23. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

You missed the hidden text for that vote.

[X] Exercise. You can walk, now relearn how to run. You can start with the straight line of the walkway and work your way up from there.

24. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

25. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Tempted to vote for meditation. Hey, if sheer force of will can accomplish more than clearing your mind, who are we to argue?

On the other hand, if we're successful, we're gonna be successful on a playground and who knows what we accomplish will do. If Dio is already voicing concerns over his control, now might not be the best time for a test run or experimenting.

Of course, I'm not sure we'll be able to avoid side-effects if we never practice, so it may be a matter of biting the bullet.

Exercise is probably a pretty safe choice. Although a two year old exercising may be conspicuous.

We could just straight up say, "Our plan is to learn Hamon!" And then let Dio figure out the details. Questionable.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Dio likes this.
  26. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

If Furiko would allow us to actually learn hamon just like that I would change my vote. Doubt he will though.

Dio likes this.
  27. Hymn of Ragnarok

I doubt she'd let us be successful immediately, but it might switch us to actively pursuing it. Get on the road, as it were.

Dio likes this.
  28. TheOtherSandman

TheOtherSandman Well worn.

I was thinking that a two-year old sitting quietly for any significant length of time that didn't involve sleep would be more suspicious than one running around, on, and through the place.

[X] Meditate. You need to get The World's less esoteric abilities back online as quickly as possible. Sheer force of will is what built and maintained your link to Jonathan's body until you made it your own, and you're certain it will help here. Um, Dio, I don't think that's how meditation works.

But the possibility of us losing power is more important than us being taken as a little odd for 'kicking back and enjoying the breeze'.
    Or that's what we'll tell people.

Dio likes this.
  29. Hymn of Ragnarok

Fair enough on that score, although either one may be "In character" for us. If we were just pacing back and forth that'd be weird, just trying to run around would be different.

30. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] Lean against the railing into that warmth and go over your plan, as it stands.
    -> [X] What is your plan, by the way?
    -> [X] We are in a good position here, by way of birth. We merely need to excel - which is quite literally child's play - and prove ourselves superior. Once our 'superiors' recognize this, they will naturally grant us more power and freedoms with which to further excel, so that we in turn can advance their agendas. Perhaps in exchange for some political favor, but who cares? The main issue is that we are being locked away, likely for our own protection. We need to use our minders better; they are strong ninja themselves, we need them to teach us somehow. Raccoon cares for us; we should convince her that we need to keep ourself safe, or that we want to help the shinobi, or whatever feel-good drivel seems to work best. But this may also lead her to try to shelter us. It may be better to seek out one of our other minders with less personal investment, and acquire training from them. For best effect, perhaps we should try both courses of action.
    --> [X] We manipulate this irrational hatred of us, and Utako's grudge, and see if we can manipulate her or someone else into trying to kill us. We make sure they get caught, possibly use this life or death moment to justify The World being used and them waving it off as bloodline/Kyuubi/shenanigans, and suddenly have a traumatic past to justify wanting to learn self-defense and a woobie backstory to milk endlessly.

Really, we need Danzo or Orochimaru. This coddling is annoying.

I mean, we're already 2 years old! Time to put on our big boy pants.